• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Pixar's Brave

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Re: Pixar's BRAVE

It was clearly a very personal project for her too, which when your that close to the subject material it can make you blind/deaf to criticism. The way she talked about it, I can see there being several altercations ending in something like "no this is my baby, I'm doing it my way", caring more about fulfilling HER vision than creating an objectively good movie etc.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Re: Pixar's BRAVE

It was clearly a very personal project for her too, which when your that close to the subject material it can make you blind/deaf to criticism. The way she talked about it, I can see there being several altercations ending in something like "no this is my baby, I'm doing it my way", caring more about fulfilling HER vision than creating an objectively good movie etc.

And then she pulls "oh its because I am female" that she was kicked instead of "oh its because I am less experienced".

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I know it's a hair over six months. Not making a new thread.

SO, I'm finally able to watch this. Me and my mother got together to celebrate our birthdays, and ended up drowning in a pool of tears from The Human Stain and Secret Millionaire. As a tonic, to soothe the depressing ass shows we just watched we decided we needed some Disney to round things out. Got to the last fifteen minutes of this charming flick and her recording crapped out.

:|

:|

8|

I'm sure it has a fantastic, perhaps stereotypical Disney ending, but this bothers meee. I actually really like Meridia. I like how the witch isn't necessarily evil (unless something is revealed in the last 15 minutes that suggests otherwise), and I hope they don't weasel in a convenient crush for Meridia to tie alliances with at the end. Netflix, y u no have Brave?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
The ending is rather stereotypical.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
The ending is rather stereotypical.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

There's no need for spoilers here, the movie has been out long enough.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There's no need for spoilers here, the movie has been out long enough.
And there is a reason: the king just fucking hates bears after one removed his leg. Which was likely just a fantastic experience in that day and age, with no advanced medicine or anesthetic.

Rydgea hasn't finish the film yet so that was why they were using spoilers.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I didn't realise we started spoiler boxing because of people being late with a movie. But, I've changed it regardless.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn't realise we started spoiler boxing because of people being late with a movie. But, I've changed it regardless.

If somebody says they haven't seen something, but you want to tell them about it and give them the chance to decide to see what the spoiler is, then it is just common courtesy to use them. You didn't have to but I was just explaining their reasoning for doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back