• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pink Agaricus Heartless Frustration

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korai

Awards
I thought of a way to get it closer to 100 hits, but i havent tried it so idk if it would work.

ive noticed that there is a short lag between the time when a summon leaves and when the party member reappears.
what if you went up to the pink agaricus, summoned bambi or someone, used stop on pink agaricus, dismissed the summon and then immediately used ragnarok before your party member reappears? that could eliminate the hits from one of your two teammates, right? has anyone tried this yet?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, some practice on the timing and getting used to is needed for the maximum number of beams. If you're only interested in the Serenity Power, I think Ars Arcanum should do the trick. You can net around 50 hits with that, and as Gram had said, you stand a chance of getting the material even with only 40 hits.
Okay, thanks! I'll try that again(already did once) to get the power. I've got three Lucky Stikes equipped so that shouldn't be too bad.

Will also aim for the Premium Cap.

I thought of a way to get it closer to 100 hits, but i havent tried it so idk if it would work.

ive noticed that there is a short lag between the time when a summon leaves and when the party member reappears.
what if you went up to the pink agaricus, summoned bambi or someone, used stop on pink agaricus, dismissed the summon and then immediately used ragnarok before your party member reappears? that could eliminate the hits from one of your two teammates, right? has anyone tried this yet?
This depends on how soon Ragnarok shows up, which requires timing

Gram

Banned
Awards
So, you can in fact summon Bambi by the tall ladder with Donald and Goofy standing there and they'll stay behind the house and not on the mushroom guy "helping" Sora. If you move too far to the opposite side of the building, however, you can get Donald or Goofy (or both) to port through the wall to you.

I had Donald popping through a few times even though I was on the left side of the Agaricus and tried switching him out with Tarzan to see if that mattered, but it didn't really matter. They can still get through the wall sometimes regardless of your positioning.

I tried but I must've done it wrong because I could only get Goofy stuck.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
How about trying different spots when summoning Bambi? Like, if you haven't had Sabor bust the floor, try summoning at the netted foundation below the house.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I don't really understand why they left the Triangle command for having Donald or Goofy attack the thing you're targeting in the game. I've only used it legitimately against the giant Shadow heartless in Wonderland. But that's not even really needed since they already are attacking them in the first place.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
To me, this new assist function is both a boon and a bane. It can help in focusing fire to a specific target, for example, one that you really want destroyed before others. It happens to me quite often when I challenge the cups of the Coliseum, and is quite helpful in time attack mode in that Sora doesn't have to spend too much time with the likes of Defenders or Battleships. With a press of the button, more often than not, Donald will fry their butts to a crisp with Thundaga.

But there we have a problem. Since I'm fond of special attack abilities and tend to equip one to battle, I would sometimes end up activating e.g. Ars Arcanum instead of having Donald and Goofy focus fire. While it's nice that the Heartless die, I don't want to spend 3 MP against common enemies like them - I'm saving them for the next boss! That's one extra Ether I'd have to fork out.

All in all, for me, the assist command is neither a good nor bad addition to this game. It can be helpful, but it can get annoying. Had it been mapped to, like, L2, I can agree that this can be a great addition.

Sorry for veering off-course. Let's get back on topic which is the diddlying pink dancing mushroom.

Last edited:

Red Nova

See, I always thought that it would be a good idea if whenever a special Heartless appeared (White Mushrooms, Rare Truffle, Pink Agaricus, etc.), the game should have been coded so Donald and Goofy and any other teammates walk to the side of the room and just wait there. Sometimes I even have trouble seeing White Mushroom gestures because Goofy is so tall.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
To me, this new assist function is both a boon and a bane. It can help in focusing fire to a specific target, for example, one that you really want destroyed before others. It happens to me quite often when I challenge the cups of the Coliseum, and is quite helpful in time attack mode in that Sora doesn't have to spend too much time with the likes of Defenders or Battleships. With a press of the button, more often than not, Donald will fry their butts to a crisp with Thundaga.

But there we have a problem. Since I'm fond of special attack abilities and tend to equip one to battle, I would sometimes end up activating e.g. Ars Arcanum instead of having Donald and Goofy focus fire. While it's nice that the Heartless die, I don't want to spend 3 MP against common enemies like them - I'm saving them for the next boss! That's one extra Ether I'd have to fork out.

All in all, for me, the assist command is neither a good nor bad addition to this game. It can be helpful, but it can get annoying. Had it been mapped to, like, L2, I can agree that this can be a great addition.

Sorry for veering off-course. Let's get back on topic which is the diddlying pink dancing mushroom.

It wasn't an addition though, it was in the very first game. That was all the triangle button did in KH1 was call your party members to either attack the target that was locked-on, or call them over to you when you didn't have anyone locked-on. It's the mapping of the abilities to triangle that is the addition, and also the problem unfortunately. They either should have chosen a different button for that, or, yeah, remapped the assist button.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
How about trying different spots when summoning Bambi? Like, if you haven't had Sabor bust the floor, try summoning at the netted foundation below the house.

I got the serenity powers!!!! I did like you said

It's actually easy to ditch Donald and Goofy once you figure it out. If the menu goes into command mode while you're by/on the steps to the treehouse, search for the nearest mushroom(orienting yourself to the others' locations as well)and *save it for last*. When the other two are taken care of, go to the steps, make sure the party members are there, right by the tree branch nearby, and summon bambi. Then take care of the last mushroom and go the long way around the house to the big guy before dismissing the baby deer.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It wasn't an addition though, it was in the very first game. That was all the triangle button did in KH1 was call your party members to either attack the target that was locked-on, or call them over to you when you didn't have anyone locked-on. It's the mapping of the abilities to triangle that is the addition, and also the problem unfortunately. They either should have chosen a different button for that, or, yeah, remapped the assist button.

Oh, I see. Was the assist command present in plain vanilla KH as well? I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of that since I've never used it in the past.

I got the serenity powers!!!! I did like you said

It's actually easy to ditch Donald and Goofy once you figure it out. If the menu goes into command mode while you're by/on the steps to the treehouse, search for the nearest mushroom(orienting yourself to the others' locations as well)and *save it for last*. When the other two are taken care of, go to the steps, make sure the party members are there, right by the tree branch nearby, and summon bambi. Then take care of the last mushroom and go the long way around the house to the big guy before dismissing the baby deer.

Great! Glad that I can help in some way.

Questions though, these steps to the treehouse... are you referring to the slope right across the area entrance, where the dirt path is about to meet the wooden planks? And do you mind elaborating what you mean by taking the long way around the house? Sorry, I think my brain is not yet able to process the information. I just woke up, see. :p

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Okay, Flanix. Yes, I'm referring to the sloping trunk at the area entrance. The little wooden planks along it could be considered steps of a sort.

As for the long way around, if you've fought sabor a 2nd time and got the hole in the floor, you either go through that or around the house altogether. Not sure it does anything, but it certainly feels safer in terms of keepjg party members where they are.

Now, how does one get the Stop Arts now?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Okay, Flanix. Yes, I'm referring to the sloping trunk at the area entrance. The little wooden planks along it could be considered steps of a sort.

As for the long way around, if you've fought sabor a 2nd time and got the hole in the floor, you either go through that or around the house altogether. Not sure it does anything, but it certainly feels safer in terms of keepjg party members where they are.

Now, how does one get the Stop Arts now?

Ahh, alright. I think I understand now, thanks!

As for Stop Arts, you'll need to go inside the Sunken Ship in Atlantica. The White Mushrooms that spawn there will perform Stop charades. Make sure to lock on to your target though since the camera angle isn't very good in that cramped space.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Ahh, alright. I think I understand now, thanks!

As for Stop Arts, you'll need to go inside the Sunken Ship in Atlantica. The White Mushrooms that spawn there will perform Stop charades. Make sure to lock on to your target though since the camera angle isn't very good in that cramped space.
Yeah, I kinda already solved that. Thanks anyway

Rytackle22

Zombie Hunter
Awards
There's a far easier way to ditch D&G.

When the Pink Agaricus appears simply glide off the balcony then loop the glide back around on the balcony. This causes the duck and goof to jump off the balcony and fall to the layer below.

As soon as you land, twist the camera 180 degrees and DON'T CHANGE it from there, or else Donald and Goof will spawn behind you. Run "towards the camera" at the Pink Agaricus and do the deed.

You should have plenty of time unload on it before Quacker and Dummy catch up to you. This is how I've managed 100 hits several times.

King Nickey

I Didn't get even near 100 hits, but I still got the item for it. For me, ragnarok command didn't even appear, and I pressed triangle. and D&G was there, but they didn't attack pink agaricus? Was I just lucky, maybe, lol.

Yamuraiha

Awards
I got like 30hits - max. And I didn't even manage to lock on its head (I was in Atlantica and I just hate moving around in that world) I just tried to hit it because I thought it would disappear after a few seconds lol.
I'm probably going to try it again in Deep Jungle but getting rid of Donald and Goofy seems kinda hard (or maybe just complicated?). I don't think that I'll be able to get 100hits but I might just keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back