• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Original Characters in Disney Worlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
For a guy claiming Sora is the best character, he really knows so little about him. What makes Sora special as a character is that he is useless without the power he draws from his friends. It’s no surprise why he failed miserably at his Mark of Mastery when he didn’t have Donald, Goofy, or any other party members. But this makes him a unique character as he is simply an ordinary boy who is able to channel strength from the people he cares about. To reduce Sora’s friends to “generic anime characters” shows how little understanding this guy has of how important they are to Sora’s journey.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

By all standard conventions of narrative and writing, Sora is the exact antithesis of what you tried to imply. It just goes to show how emotionally and intellectually inept the hardcore KH fanbase really is.

Sora’s quintessential character development comes from the scene where he loses the Keyblade in Hollow Bastion. The Keyblade makes Sora’s identity. At this point in the story, Donald & Goofy are only following him because of the Keyblade, and rightfully so - because he’s only been displayed as a naive little kid up to that point. This is showcased due to his happy-go-lucky personality; the fact that he yearns for adventure (e.g taking the Gummi ship to Deep Jungle against Donald’s wishes)

It isn’t until Sora loses the Keyblade to Riku, and Donald and Goofy leave him where we finally get a tangible character-based dilemma in the series.

What is the first thing Sora does when he is at his lowest with no power? He tries to help Beast. This was an extremely effective way of exemplifying his courage and selflessness. It wasn’t until THIS very moment where we finally understand why the Keyblade chose him out of everyone. And it’s certainly NOT because he had ‘Nakama’ powers smh... He loses his purpose and yet he still carries on helping others, not out of pettiness that he’s trying to show up Riku or anything, but because he wants to.

After his despoliation over losing both his old & new-found friends, he accepts his predicament & tries to do what’s best irregardless. He doesn’t just run away. That is what makes Sora special; his sense of courage, bravery and selflessness are actually tangible integral parts of his characterisation.

Last edited:
Awards
nah buddy it's the shitting up threads with inflammatory remarks and endless naysaying that'll do ya.

And this is coming from me! The stinker of khi!!

Nice counter-intuitive, double standards moderating you got there.

If that was the case, everyone would be banned then. This very thread could be deemed “inflammatory” (lol) towards me since it came right after our dispute about this exact topic on another thread as a way to try and show me up.

If you can’t deal with difference of an opinion, you really shouldn’t be on the internet.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

By all standard conventions of narrative and writing, Sora is the exact antithesis of what you tried to imply. It just goes to show how emotionally and intellectually inept the hardcore KH fanbase really is.

Sora’s quintessential character development comes from the scene where he loses the Keyblade in Hollow Bastion. The Keyblade makes Sora’s identity. At this point in the story, Donald & Goofy are only following him because of the Keyblade, and rightfully so - because he’s only been displayed as a naive little kid up to that point. This is showcased due to his happy-go-lucky personality; the fact that he yearns for adventure (e.g taking the Gummi ship to Deep Jungle against Donald’s wishes)

It isn’t until Sora loses the Keyblade to Riku, and Donald and Goofy leave him where we finally get a tangible character-based dilemma in the series.

What is the first thing Sora does when he is at his lowest with no power? He tries to help Beast. This was an extremely effective way of exemplifying his courage and selflessness. It wasn’t until THIS very moment where we finally understand why the Keyblade chose him out of everyone. And it’s certainly NOT because he had ‘Nakama’ powers smh... He loses his purpose and yet he still carries on helping others, not out of pettiness that he’s trying to show up Riku or anything, but because he wants to.

After his despoliation over losing both his old & new-found friends, he accepts his predicament & tries to do what’s best irregardless. He doesn’t just run away. That is what makes Sora special; his sense of courage, bravery and selflessness are actually tangible integral parts of his characterisation.
one dont double post and two sora has failed before and almost fell into darkness if riku wasn't there to save him kh3 could beeen difernt for all we know

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

By all standard conventions of narrative and writing, Sora is the exact antithesis of what you tried to imply. It just goes to show how emotionally and intellectually impaired the hardcore KH fanbase really is.

Hmm. I wonder how many generic characters (anime or otherwise) are courageous, brave, and selfless? Those personality traits make Sora a great guy, but they don’t differentiate him at all from other main protagonists like Aang or Captain America. They don’t even make him different from most of the Disney heroes we meet along the journey. Sora’s friends are his source of strength as shown multiple times throughout the series, most obviously in his grand moment where he says, “I don’t need the Keyblade; my friends are my power!” THAT is the moment when the Keyblade actually deems him worthy as a wielder.

Awards
one dont double post and two sora has failed before and almost fell into darkness if riku wasn't there to save him kh3 could beeen difernt for all we know

Which is precisely why no one likes DDD.

Because it doesn’t even make sense by KH standards.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Nice counter-intuitive, double standards moderating you got there.

If that was the case, everyone would be banned then. This very thread could be deemed “inflammatory” (lol) towards me since it came right after our dispute about this exact topic on another thread as a way to try and show me up.

If you can’t deal with difference of an opinion, you really shouldn’t be on the internet.

This thread has nothing to do with you. I’ve been brewing these ideas for weeks, but only started putting them together when someone suggested seeing Kairi in Winnie the Pooh. Thanks for making this thread that I was genuinely excited for about you and your vendetta against KH original characters. If you don’t want them in Disney worlds, then you really have nothing of value to add to this conversation.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
KingMickeyMouse,

You actually are on incredibly thin ice.

Not because of your opinions, which honestly aren't irrational or unexpressed in the fandom, but because you just seem to be reactionary and incredibly mean, and we're trying to prune that out of the forums. You don't have to like every aspect of the series, no one does. But to be a casual fan who, as soon as he gets here, actively goes out of his way to insult things that some people just happen to like about the series while not actually caring that much about it? Hard to interpret that as anything other than someone being a little shit for the sake of it. I don't like that. If you're going to be a little shit, at least grow into that persona from years of being jaded in this community, like I have.

Awards
Hmm. I wonder how many generic characters (anime or otherwise) are courageous, brave, and selfless? Those personality traits make Sora a great guy, but they don’t differentiate him at all from other main protagonists like Aang or Captain America.
They do because the process by which he gains that character development is different and unique. His development also feels way more tangible than Aang’s and Cap’s in that regard, which makes him unique.

And even if it didn’t differentiate him from a character like Aang...how is that a bad thing? Lol, Aang’s a great character.

They don’t even make him different from most of the Disney heroes we meet along the journey. Sora’s friends are his source of strength as shown multiple times throughout the series, most obviously in his grand moment where he says, “I don’t need the Keyblade; my friends are my power!” THAT is the moment when the Keyblade actually deems him worthy as a wielder.

No actually it’s the scene where the Keyblade goes back to him in Hollow Bastion. That was...literally the very purpose of that whole event of him losing the Keyblade.

Also, the scene you mentioned is a meme. A literal meme of nakama tropes and generic anime dialogue.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think it'd be really neat to see Riku and Mickey try on a new style for at least one of the three current transformation worlds. Riku with an dispatch would be a neat callback to his blindfold.

Outside of Riku and Kairi, I don't really need TAV or RAX tagging along or showing up as themselves in Disney worlds; they've all got too much baggage to unpack.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it'd be really neat to see Riku and Mickey try on a new style for at least one of the three current transformation worlds. Riku with an dispatch would be a neat callback to his blindfold.

Outside of Riku and Kairi, I don't really need TAV or RAX tagging along or showing up as themselves in Disney worlds; they've all got too much baggage to unpack.

Yeah I think it would help streamline things a bit if they were to just do SRK as the original characters in the Disney worlds. That’s a good point. I only see some of the others appearing in them if they’re Organization members.

Was the supposed to say eyepatch? Lol. That would be cool if so! For Kairi, I was thinking she would make for a fun nod to the new red-head pirate in the POTC theme park ride.

Launchpad

Awards
Yeah I think it would help streamline things a bit if they were to just do SRK as the original characters in the Disney worlds. That’s a good point. I only see some of the others appearing in them if they’re Organization members.

Was the supposed to say eyepatch? Lol. That would be cool if so! For Kairi, I was thinking she would make for a fun nod to the new red-head pirate in the POTC theme park ride.

It was supposed to say eyepatch, but love doesn't follow a plan.

Awards
KingMickeyMouse,

You actually are on incredibly thin ice.

Not because of your opinions, which honestly aren't irrational or unexpressed in the fandom, but because you just seem to be reactionary and incredibly mean

How so, exactly?

Can you please exemplify what made you feel this way and why it did?

and we're trying to prune that out of the forums. You don't have to like every aspect of the series, no one does. But to be a casual fan who, as soon as he gets here, actively goes out of his way to insult things that some people just happen to like about the series while not actually caring that much about it? Hard to interpret that as anything other than someone being a little shit for the sake of it.

How strange.

I would just say it’s a natural thing; not caring about certain things...it’s almost like it’s an opinion.

You’ve contradicted yourself in this very post by implying that I’m on thin ice not because of my opinions, but because I’m “reactionary” (as is...anyone who...reacts to something?), and because I’m “incredibly mean” which I’m still waiting on a clarification for. Not exactly sure what rule dictates how ‘mean’ you can be on an Internet forum when it doesn’t involve personal attacks or ad hominems...

I don't like that. If you're going to be a little shit, at least grow into that persona from years of being jaded in this community, like I have.

This is who’s running the community?

I’d be more than happy to leave if you want to just strand the forum in a vanilla echo chamber of personal feelings and the same opinions being regurgitated over and over again. Or perhaps that’s why you were jaded in this community?

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
giphy.gif

Guess this thread escalated so quickly all because of one user's rant over something that was irrelevant to this topic. :/

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
giphy.gif

Guess this thread escalated so quickly all because of one user's rant over something that was irrelevant to this topic. :/
i odnt know what his problem lolthis thread is not i hate all the charachter expect for sora thread anyway back to thread topic i owuld love to see sora take kairi to neverland so they can fly

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
This is who’s running the community?

I am not the sole person running this community, no. If you feel you have been treated unfairly, you are free to reach out to anyone else in the staff.

I’d be more than happy to leave if you want to just strand the forum in a vanilla echo chamber of personal feelings and the same opinions being regurgitated over and over again. Or perhaps that’s why you were jaded in this community?

Ask anyone here and they'll tell you that I love people talking about the same thing over and over again.

You come off overly aggressive. I don't have to dissect that bit by bit because it would literally be quoting your post history. The burden of proof isn't on me to prove that you're being inflammatory, it's on you to change your tone. As I've said, I've got no qualms over your opinions, but your attitude is leading to discord when it doesn't have to.

But honestly, I ain't gonna say no to you leaving if you're just going to be contrary.

Awards
I am not the sole person running this community, no. If you feel you have been treated unfairly, you are free to reach out to anyone else in the staff.

What is the full list of the staff?

You come off overly aggressive. I don't have to dissect that bit by bit because it would literally be quoting your post history.

Wow. That was quite the scapegoat.

Not a very effective one though. Not only is it trite to suggest a person’s entire history as means to further your case, but it’s also inherently counter-intuitive since it implies that; with such a vast array of material, surely it would just make it easier for you pick one and specify for the sake of your exemplar?

Therefore that can’t possibly be the reason.

The burden of proof isn't on me to prove that you're being inflammatory

Yes it is, lmfao.

Not sure if you’ve been educated on this, but in court cases the burden of proof is on the prosecution - who must demonstrate that the defendant is guilty before a jury can convict them.

As I've said, I've got no qualms over your opinions, but your attitude is leading to discord when it doesn't have to.

And I’m defending my attitude as, again, I’ve made no personal attacks to anyone on this board and still got sanctions.

The discord from the elitist fans came due to my opinion, as it’s fairly obvious to anyone who actually read those conversations.

But honestly, I ain't gonna say no to you leaving if you're just going to be contrary.

I will. I just need a list of the staff before I go.

Also, you literally just concurred the reason of my dismissal being the fact that my opinions were contrary. Not because of my attitude.

Nice one.

Launchpad

Awards
Y'know the real King Mickey Mouse wouldn't engage in a horrifically dull cyclical argument based almost entirely on semantics. That lil mouse has better ways to spend the day.

Your forum posts are very boring to read. We've had plenty of you in the past and there's more of you to come, surely. It's old hat. You're not even funny like Larxene012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back