• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Opinions on Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nein88

Wanted to see how people felt about her, so I collected other threads in a compendium for easier refrencing. I don't need this thread to become another debate on whether or not Xion irks you. If anything go on to other threads in the links specified here. Sheesh go to bed for eight hours and this is what happens. Again I'm just collecting links to other threads discussing whether or not Xion is a useless character.

THIS THREAD IS NOT MEANT TO BE ANOTHER THREAD TO TALK ABOUT WHETHER XION IS NEEDED OR ANY OTHER JUNK ABOUT HER, THIS THREAD JUST COLLECTS OTHER THREADS ABOUT HER, SO NO POSTING ON THIS THREAD, THERE ARE OTHER THREADS ABOUT HER ALREADY DO ANY OF YOU CHECK THE LINKS?

http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/135540-spoilers-xion-bugs-me.html
http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/135739-did-xion-do-justice-series-spoilers.html

Last edited:

SilverCyrus

Xion is cool, Not my favorite but not hated.

IMO She is the reason Roxas grew so much as a person, i mean he was a "Zombie" up untl meating Xion which made him develop feeling. Though Axel also did this aswell, I dont think Roxas would have decided to turn on the org. and without Xion there would be no way for Roxas to dual weild.

Roxas became a stronger person because of her.

Without Xion, Axel probably would have convinced/made Roxas to play it safe, making him weaker.
Than again maybe without Axel, Roxas, and Saix and Axel could have actually taken over the organization.

NumberVIII

Xion is cool, Not my favorite but not hated.

IMO She is the reason Roxas grew so much as a person, i mean he was a "Zombie" up untl meating Xion which made him develop feeling. Though Axel also did this aswell, I dont think Roxas would have decided to turn on the org. and without Xion there would be no way for Roxas to dual weild.

Roxas became a stronger person because of her.

Without Xion, Axel probably would have convinced/made Roxas to play it safe, making him weaker.
Than again maybe without Axel, Roxas, and Saix and Axel could have actually taken over the organization.

The whole dual wielding thing is dumb. Roxas could dual wield in kh2, and then they decided to make Xion the reason. There easily could have been plenty of other reasons to explain it.

Roxas was a zombie until he began to have ice cream with Axel. That's when he develops a personality and feelings. His first real strong feelings are his concern about Axel at C.O. and grief when he thinks Axel's been eliminated.

Don't really see how Xion made him stronger. Seems to me she ends up being the damsel in distress a lot, except in the end when she, in fact, literally steals Roxas' strength. All she did was give him a reason to leave and make him treat Axel like shit. :|

Doubt Axel would try to make Roxas play it safe. What does that even mean, anyway? Axel would help his friend to grow, which he actually does. And then he's there to protect Roxas when he needs it.

SilverCyrus

The whole dual wielding thing is dumb. Roxas could dual wield in kh2, and then they decided to make Xion the reason. There easily could have been plenty of other reasons to explain it.

Roxas was a zombie until he began to have ice cream with Axel. That's when he develops a personality and feelings. His first real strong feelings are his concern about Axel at C.O. and grief when he thinks Axel's been eliminated.

Don't really see how Xion made him stronger. Seems to me she ends up being the damsel in distress a lot, except in the end when she, in fact, literally steals Roxas' strength. All she did was give him a reason to leave and make him treat Axel like shit. :|

Doubt Axel would try to make Roxas play it safe. What does that even mean, anyway? Axel would help his friend to grow, which he actually does. And then he's there to protect Roxas when he needs it.

By Axel making Roxas play it safe i mean that he would try to tell him to stay in the organization (like he does throughout Days and KH2) instead of trying to do what his heart tells him and leave to seek out Sora.
If he never left the organization he never would have been as strong as he is/was.
leaving the org. gave him courage. and in fightinf Saix and Riku he grew stronger.
Xion also gave him motivation to leave the org./Find, Motivation is a huge mental strength builder.

Im not Saying Axel is bad or wouldnt help him, but i think without Xion the outcome of Days would radically change.

Axel is actually one of my fave chars.
But Xion is Also.

IMO Xion isnt a dansel in distress, She never even ever asks for Roxas' help.

Axel does bring Roxas' emotions out but I THINK Xion does a better job. And When Roxas first starts having Ice-Cream with Axel he is still pretty zombie-ish, And If im not mistaken Axel being "Terminated" happens after Xion and Roxas become friends.

Last edited:

fantasy08

I dislike Xion. She's an unnecessary character that monopolized the entire plot of a game that she shouldn't have been in in the first place. Combine that with being such an obvious in your face sue/ faux action girl and yea.Plus her sob story was forced in spades. Her whole existence was to make you feel sorry for her. It's impossible to like Days story fully without liking Xion to because she's all over the place. All the time. Moping one way or another. She is the story. Roxas/organization game my ass. Did Namine take over Re:Com? No. She was developed as well as everybody else in that castle. It was equal or near it screen-time for everyone. Did Kairi take over the plot of the games she was in? No. The same goes for Aqua.

Days was practically Glomp ice-cream. Xion where are you!!! Xion mope. What should I do? Who am I? Stop being mean to Xion! Xion where are you! Ice-cream glomp. Xion mope. Tell me the truth Axel! Xion!!!! Glomp ice-cream . Where is Xion! I miss her! Who and what am I? Xion mope. Ice-cream glomp. Now multiply that by the entire game. I swear it's hard for me to find a scarp of dialog, fmv scenes, regular cut-scenes, secret reports, or Roxas diary entries that didn't mention her or lead to her in some form.

It's facepalming that Coded and BBS has confirmed that she will be brought back for some dues ex machiana, retcon, blatant fan-service reason. It's like Nomura is trying to give more fuel to the negative things said about her. You know it's bad when even some of her fans are going w.t.f.

All she did was give him a reason to leave and make him treat Axel like shit. :|

Don't you mean she retconed a reason for him to leave because his reasons were explained perfectly fine in Kh2,and don't even get me started on Deep-Dive. Just like a lot of pointless things she brought up that were already explained in Re:com,Kh2, and now even BBS( cough duel wielding) I'm not even going to get into your second point lol :)

Last edited:

huanglulu

I agree without Xion, Roxas wouldnt have realize the bad things organisation 13 will do to achieve their goal, i also dont think Axel will be a strong influence for Roxas to leave the organisation as Axel think it is dangerous to betray the organisation, besides Nomura has also stated in her interview in days ultimania that they introduce Xion in days as a influence for Roxas to leave the organisation.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Originally Posted by Nein88
THIS THREAD IS NOT MEANT TO BE ANOTHER THREAD TO TALK ABOUT WHETHER XION IS NEEDED OR ANY OTHER JUNK ABOUT HER, THIS THREAD JUST COLLECTS OTHER THREADS ABOUT HER, SO NO POSTING ON THIS THREAD, THERE ARE OTHER THREADS ABOUT HER ALREADY DO ANY OF YOU CHECK THE LINKS?

Then, what's the point of this thread? Go read the ones that are already made.

Raun

I was ok with Xion. I just disliked how she was constantly being beaten in any fight she was in. She lost to Riku, Axel, Axel again, and Roxas.

NumberVIII

Wanted to see how people felt about her, so I collected other threads in a compendium for easier refrencing. I don't need this thread to become another debate on whether or not Xion irks you. If anything go on to other threads in the links specified here. Sheesh go to bed for eight hours and this is what happens. Again I'm just collecting links to other threads discussing whether or not Xion is a useless character.

http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/135540-spoilers-xion-bugs-me.html
http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/135739-did-xion-do-justice-series-spoilers.html

Um...o.0 Your original post just asked us what we thought of her. You never said you wanted us to post threads she's discussed in. And that's dumb anyway, just go find them yourself, there's no need to make a new thread to find other threads.

My closing statement? This is what should've happened.

KH_Days__Xarmy_strikes_back_by_Risachantag.jpg

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
I think Square had a lot of room to really make her an awesome character, and they didn't.

NeoEevee

She's one of my favorite characters. xD Actually, there's something about all the girls of KH (except Larxene. I'm sorry, but it took me about two cutscenes of Re: CoM to hate her) that I eventually grow to love. With Xion, that happened in the cutscene "Xion's Defeat." I went from "Meh, okay." to "D: I wish I could reach in there and hug you, Xion!" in about two seconds. Say what you will. -3- She's a Mary Sue, but that's okay with me, because I love her for it. *hugs Xion*

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
I hate Xion. I hate her more than I hate Kairi.
It took me awhile before I started to hate Xion. She was just "okay" to me when I first saw her. I needed a trailer to lower my likes for her and my brother to convince me that she was a Sue. I really, really hated her when I started playing Days.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I like Xion, more than I like Kairi. She is one of my favorites. It was kind of sad to see her go back to being with Sora.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

This. I agree with Number8.

There were several things that could have been linked without creating Xion. Honestly, I think that Xion's creation [by Nomura, not in gameward] was rather pointless. this is not to down the character. Xion's character was actually better than I had anticipated. Not by much, but still. I just think it was not needed. Take Duel Wielding for example.

Here's an explanation: Roxas could wield because Sora could. And Once Sora went to sleep, Roxas began getting in contact with his original heart, which allowed him to use Sora's Keyblade as well.

Roxas leaving the Organization. Roxas, having access to his original heart, sees the Organization for what it is and leaves. Nomura already said that if Roxas remembered his time as Sora, he would never have joined the Organization. his friendship with Axel would still be the same without Xion.

yadda yadda, Don't leave, No one miss me, I would, Roxas leaves.

Now on to Riku. This could be explained as Riku sitting on his ass until Diz dispatches him.
Dispatch 1: Fight with Roxas and loses. Doesn't necessarily have to be Deep Dive, or even in the same location. Anyway, Riku got his ass whomped and goes back to DiZ for healing.

Dispatch 2: Riku, fully healed, goes to fight a Roxas who has no idea on what to do or where to go. This one would be Deep Dive. Roxas attempts to enter the Organization's stronghold for whatever reason. Wants to know who he is and to ask Xemnas, wants his WINNER stick he left for Axel, point blank, Roxas goes to TWTNW and is attacked by Neoshadows. Bing, bang, boom, Deep Dive, and Riku v Roxas again. Roxas is owning until Riku rips off his blindfold and changes into Xehanort. The ass rape commences. Roxas is unconscious and DiZ comes up, fucks up Roxas' memory and throws him in a computer.

Xion's character was REALLY not needed and everything could be explained with a bit of thought.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
i agree xion was unnessarcy, but i did cry at the end when she.. vanished.

and is she supposed ot look like namine or kairi? or a little of both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back