• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Okami And Okamiden

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Re: Okami DS

I shat cubs. This is awesome.

Oh, I see what you did thar.

I just now got arround to watching the gameplay video. It looks like that the experience will definately be the same as it was with Okami, but the Touch screen will definately streamline the use of the celestial brush. Like I said earlier, the celestial brush was a bitch for me on the Wii verion sometimes.

This gives me the itch to go back and play Okami again. Maybe this time I'll find that last celestial spirit before I get trapped on the final boss level with no way to FRIGGIN ADVANCE!

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I've heard the Celestial Brush on the Wii version leave some to be desired.

In any case, I loved Okami and lesser power on the DS aside this looks pretty decent. Will get.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com

I'm really not sure how to feel about this.... if this was an actual sequel, with Amaterasu cleaning up the Celestial Plain, that would be excellent. But this... I dunno. I'm encouraged by the screens and that trailer, the game still looks very nice even though it's on the DS. I'll probably get this when it comes out, but I do wish we could have a proper sequel.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com

It's not Amaterasu though is it? It's "Chibiterasu". You know what I mean though, continuing on Amaterasu's adventure on the Celestial Plain, that would seem more like a sequel rather than a sequel-spin off hybrid.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

Well seeing as Susanos son is a main character of I'm guessing about 7 - 10 years old, 3 months after the original it very well could deal with events straight after the original.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

The main thing I'm worried about with this game is the level of exploration. One thing I loved about the first Okami was all of the little, random stuff that you could find by checking out the country side. It wasn't always anything particularly important, but the very fact that it was there to find made scouring the very beautiful environment really enjoyable for me.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

This is when I wish that I had beaten the first game.

This is when we tell you to bust your ass and do it regardless if you have to replay the entire thing again.

I've played Okami from beginning to end two times.
But I've started over countless numbers of times due to errors, disc shitting out, etc.

I loved it all the same. Finish it, Vossler.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

I think I could finish about 10 times before I got sick of it. Quite honestly I'm pretty sure its my favourite game. All in all, give it another shot, Vossler.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

I played through the game at least 3 times, after that, I stopped actually completing the game and just explored wherever I could. As I said, there was some weird stuff that you could find, lol

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

It's not Amaterasu though is it? It's "Chibiterasu". You know what I mean though, continuing on Amaterasu's adventure on the Celestial Plain, that would seem more like a sequel rather than a sequel-spin off hybrid.

There is something about that statement that just seems "off." But anyways, It wouldn't be the Okami that we know if it went onto the Celestial plane. The form of Shiranui, the White Wolf, is Amaterasu's corpereal form in the human world. She took it when she initially fell to earth with True Orochi. They never specified when Ammy arrived on earth, but they did say that she waited year after year for Nagi, whom was proficized by Waka to be the only one who could defeat Orochi. When she first got to Kamiki village, she could have just been a cub, and grew up into a White Wolf.

So yeah, I wouldn't want to go to the Celestial realm. It would mean reworking everything about the gameplay.

Satoshi

Okami YEAAAAAAAAAAAH. So, any complaints on Okami being stupid when on DS?

Then ask urself the following: Can Okami be stupid? The answer to that question gives you the answer to everything in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back