• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Obsession - Sora x Naminé

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vote for the character you want see in this story!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitti-Kat x3

Link: Obsession, a Kingdom Hearts fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Summary: Naminé is a shy, bitter antisocial girl who transfers into Twilight High. But what happens when she unintentionally attracts one of the school's most popular guy's attention?

Rating: T ( for Teen )

Category: Romance/Humor

Disclaimer: We don't own Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy or anything related to them.

A/N: I dedicate this story to a REALLY close friend of mine; Nina-chan! My Beta-reader and Editor. Thank you for being my inspiration! Seriously, I can't thank you enough!

xxxxxxx

Chapter 1

A blond girl clutches her books tightly to her chest as she is standing before the gigantic building that, as of today, is going to be her new high school for the years to come.

Why is she here again? Oh, yeah, because Cloud, her father, doesn't feel good about leaving her in a school, or a town, where she won’t be having extra protection, that's why.

She takes a deep breath as the huge school gate greets her as a new student. Countless of students are walking through the school gates, laughing and idly talking with their companions. Naminé trembles nervously. She always feels uncomfortable around strangers.

“Good luck, kid. Remember, Tifa's here if you need anything.” Says Cloud before driving off. Her last source of strength, gone…

Naminé breathes in the air outside the school gates, trying to calm herself, she is feeling so nervous and petrified, walking around this new environment. Some students eye her curiously as she walks past them. Naminé hears them whispering and looking her way, but she keeps her head low, trying desperately to avoid eye contact.

She walks slowly toward the school lockers to get her books and schedule, trying to stay out of sight as much as possible, merging with the shadows. Why does it feel like the whole world is watching every step she makes?

She breathes in again, trying to calm her heart beat down, oh great, it's becoming harder to breathe as well. At times like this, she'd usually take out her sketch book and draw to relieve her stress. But there's no time now. As she is contemplating this in her head, a group of friends arrive at the spot near her locker. She peeks cautiously from behind her locker, there stands two boys, one of them is chubby and kind of short looking boy with black hair and a friendly smile. The other is taller, a bit, with messy blond hair and a playful smirk on his lips. The final person is a cute looking girl with brown hair.

"I'm in all of Olette's classes! YESS!!” The blond with messy hair exclaims happily, punching the air.

"And why are you so happy about it, Hayner? You've always considered me boring!” the girl, Olette, crosses her arms in front of her, glaring at Hayner.

The blond shrugs, “I still consider you boring, but having you in the same class has its privileges.”

The brunette raises an eye-brow, “huh?”

"It means, he's gunna spend all year copying your homework and cheating off your tests... just like he used to in middle school.” The chubby one explains, in a matter of fact tone.

Hayner panics as Olette sends him a death glare, “So that's why you hung around with me in the first place!”

"N-no! That's not it, well kind of...” he gulps as Olette's eyes narrows, “b-but I do think you're cute!”

The three of them freeze. Hayner curses himself quietly, Pence hides a growing smile, while Olette blushes profusely.

"W-where did that come from?” Olette stutters, trying to stop herself from blushing.

Hayner shakes his head sheepishly. “Forget it. Let's get ready for class.”

Just as they pass their lockers, they hear a low thud coming from their right side, a blond girl kneeling on the floor to pick up a book she dropped. Olette hurries and picks it up for her, smiling sweetly. “Here you go!” she hands it over to her. The girl bows her head timidly, mumbling a barely audible 'thanks'.

Olette looks at her curiously, she then reaches out her hand to help her up. “Hi there, my name is Olette.”

The shy girl looks at her hand warily, then slowly reaches up and takes it. “What's your name?” asks Olette.

"N-Na- Naminé,” she replies, trying to avoid eye contact. Olette smiles at how shy and adorable the blonde girl is. “Oh, and this is Hayner and Pence!” she introduces her best friends standing curiously behind her. Naminé merely nods, looking timidly at the floor.

xxxxxxx

Meanwhile, at the school gate..

"Sora, tell me again why exactly are you hiding behind me?” A red-headed girl glares at the brunette standing so uncomfortably close behind her.

"The fangirls Kairi, the fangirls!” Says the spiky-haired boy quietly, looking from side to side, as if a random fangirl will jump at him from nowhere at any second.

Kairi sweat-drops. “Hiding behind me is useless, Sora. How many times did I tell you that?”

"If a random fan girl attacks me, you'll protect me, right? You're the only one who can take them down!” he gulps as he sees a gush of fan girls run toward their direction. “I'm counting on you!”

The fangirls surround a tall silver-haired teen standing a bit farther ahead. They squeal annoyingly as he waves at them.

Sora peeks from Kairi's shoulder, “I wonder how Riku is able to control them. Amazing!”

Kairi shakes her head, “Let's just go already!” she walks ahead, leaving a frightened Sora behind, “Aaah! Kairi! Don't leave meee!” he runs after her, taking side glances with every step.

xxxxxxx

Seifer Almasy, the biggest bully in the entire school approaches Hayner, Pence and Olette near the mysterious blonde girl's locker.

He flashes a teasing smirk as soon as he stands before them, his two followers; Fuu and Rai, behind him. When Hayner's group notices him, they glare hatefully at their long-time enemies.

"What do you want, Seifer?” Hayner hisses dangerously.

Seifer shrugs coolly, “Oh, nothing, just here to meet the loser who'd talk to you, lamers.” He glances at a frightened looking Naminé hiding behind Olette. His smirk grows bigger. "What are you doing hanging out with those losers, cutie?”

"You can come hang out with us, y'know?” Rai, one of his followers says. The third follower, a strange looking girl, simply nods.

"Shut up! Get lost you freaks?!” Hayner yells at them, a vein almost popping out of his forehead. He is known for his ill-temper. “Calm down, Hayner!” Pence pleads patting his enraged friend's shoulder. Olette senses a fight coming, she fears Hayner will get in trouble, and on his first day at High school, that won't be good.

"Please leave, Seifer. We don't want any trouble!” She says, looking pleadingly at the older blond. Seifer castes a curious glance at Olette, then shrugs and walks off. “Let's go, these losers aren't worth the trouble.” he tells his followers before leaving the scene.

As soon as they leave, Hayner turns angrily at Olette. “I can't believe you let them go, Olette! And what's with that look ya gave him!?”

Olette is taken aback by his outburst, “What 'look'?” she asks skeptically.

Hayner grits his teeth, trying to control his anger. “Whatever! Forget it!” he turns the other way and head-butts the locker, frightening the blonde girl. The other two seem accustomed to it, they just roll their eyes.

"It's strange...” Pence muses out loud. His two pals look at him curiously, Naminé still recovering from the sudden fright. “He actually listened to Olette, don't you find that strange?”

Hayner frowns, “What, do you think he likes her?! Impossible!”

Olette pouts, hands on her hips, “And why is that impossible? Am I that ugly to you?”

Hayner panics again, he is never good with words. Especially around Olette. But she looks utterly cute with that pouting face of hers. He blushes at his thoughts, “D-don't make that face!”

Olette pouts harder, “What face?! You're so weird, Hayner! Seriously!”

"THAT FACE! Just stop it!!” Hayner snaps.

Pence sweat-drops as he watches the two get into a cat fight. 'Why won't they admit they like each other already?'

Naminé watches them curiously yet, at the same time, with fascination. These people are so strange to her. She isn't very social. Most of the time Naminé likes to be alone, preferably somewhere secluded from noise, or maybe in a quiet corner by herself.

Suddenly, the place gets extremely noisy. The sounds of squealing fan girls can be heard from all angles of the hallway. Naminé turns around, curious on what the commotion is about.

Sora is clinging onto Kairi in a death grip. “Kairi, don't ever leave me again! I can't survive here without you!”

Kairi sighs. “You're a big boy now Sora! You can manage.” Sora shakes his head vehemently. “No I can't! Those fangirls would eat me alive!”

“Why don't you go annoy Riku for a change?” Kairi says, annoyed.

Sora's face pales in fear, “NO!! Riku is a danger zone. He is surrounded by fangirls! 24/7! It's so much safer with you, Kairi. You kick butt!”

Kairi shakes her head. “Fine! Just shut up for at least 10 minutes so I can read my schedule, in peace!” She snaps as they reach their locker, which happens to be not so far away from Naminé and Hayner's groups’ location.

"Fine!” Sora says with a pout. They check their schedules together. Sora isn't too happy with the results. “This sucks! I have only one class with you!” He says, frowning. Kairi giggles, “Tell me what you have!”

"I have English, Art, Math’s, PE, History and Science! See, we only share PE! Bummer…” He says, frowning deeper.

Kairi smiles encouragingly at him “Cheer up. You might share some with Riku.”

Naminé 's eyes start expanding as she checks her schedule; it is as if the boy talking to that red-headed girl over there is reading out of HER schedule. She turns around to check if he is peeking at her paper or not.

"That’s Sora Leonhart, Kairi Kimaru and of course, Riku Yoshida.” Olette says, suddenly she and her friends are right next to Naminé, who nearly jumps at her voice.

"...the most popular group at school.” Pence silently adds.

"They've had their own fanclubs, too. Ever since middle school!” Hayner says, shaking his head. “Pretty annoying if you ask me.”

Naminé wonders why they are telling her all this. Olette seems to be able to read her mind because she suddenly says, “I caught you looking at them. Sora in particular. Though I don't blame you, he's super cute.” Hayner isn't too happy with Olette's last comment, he looks pretty annoyed.

Naminé panics. “N-no... that's not it... I-it's j-just t-that... um,” she glances down at her schedule, and freezes when realization hit her. She shares all of her classes with one of the most popular guys at school!

"Are you OK Naminé? You look a little pale.” Olette asks worriedly. Naminé shakes her head and stuffs her schedule inside the locker.

The bell rings, Hayner and his friends say their goodbyes and rush to their own classes, while Naminé heads out to her English class. Sora really is in all her classes. He is a unique person in class, she is forced to admit, the girls love him. Even the boys. He is generally nice and sweet, although he is also loud, annoying, and lazy, she mentally adds. He sleeps in most classes and he some times causes lots of racket.

Naminé always prefers to sit in the back of the classroom, a common place for shy people, she watches Sora, who surprisingly, sits not too far in front of her, drooling on his books in deep sleep. He isn't especially smart, in-fact he is FAR from smart, Naminé notes. The only class he shines in is PE. He is an exceptional basket ball player, along with Riku.

Sora, Kairi and Riku are incredibly popular, in the cafeteria, lots of people hang out around their table. Naminé, however, doesn't like commotion, she prefers peace and quiet, and so she mostly hangs around the roof-top alone, or go to the library, where she meets Olette sometimes. Olette isn't exactly her friend, per say, but she is the only person she dares to speak to, so far. Naminé, as one notices, is an incredibly anti-social person. She doesn't feel comfortable around strangers usually, but amazingly, she feels comfortable around Olette, more so than the rest at least. Sadly, she only shares one class with her. Math’s. Hayner and Pence are there too of course.

Naminé loves Art class the most, to her that can never change, even now. Drawing is her escape. When she draws something, she relieves herself stress and insecurities around people. Of course, Sora is in this class, too. And so far, Naminé notes, he never seems to sit too far away from her. Then suddenly, the teacher enters the room, holding his head high, the class has started.

"Good morning, class. Today we're doing a project in pairs." he announces.

Sora gulps as all of a sudden, the fangirls leap out of their seats toward their defenseless prey, and bombard him with pleads to be their partner.

"Sora! I wanna be your partner!”

“Sora pick me!”

“Sora-kuun!”

“Would you be my partner, Sora?”

“No, pick me, Sora-kun!”

Sora can't say no, but he isn't sure who exactly to pick or who is shouting what, there are too many of them. “Uh...” he feels himself sweating.

The teacher clears his throat, but no one seems to notice. He clears it over, and over, and over again, yet, still, it is barely audible through the fangirls begging. Sora tries to reach out for air as the fangirls pile over him, suffocating him.

"GIRLS! GET BACK TO YOUR SEATS IMMEDIATLY!” The teacher yells, losing his patience. The entire class freeze, Sora is finally able to breathe again as the fangirls slowly start to disperse one after another. He breaths a sigh of relief. Naminé pities him, if she is in his position, she will literally faint from all the attention. Being popular must suck.

The teacher clears his throat again, “I will be the one choosing the pairs!” he exclaims, earning a groan from the fangirls. He starts calling out the names. Naminé hopes not to be paired up with Sora. She knows that if she does end up with him, the fangirls will murder her on the spot. Meanwhile, nearby, Sora is practically praying not to be paired up with a fan girl.

As the teacher calls out the names for the pairings, everyone tenses in the suspense. The fangirls who don’t end up being paired with Sora sulk in their seats, engulfed in misery. Naminé sighs with relief when she discovers she isn't paired up with Sora, her partner comes up towards her, a clearly depressed fangirl, she relaxes. Safe. The moment almost everyone is expecting is here. Sora's name is called.

“Sora Leonhart and... hmm...where was I again?” the teacher murmurs, checking his clipboard, the anticipating fangirls curse at him to continue under their breath, leaning over the edge of their seats. The teacher finally looks up and says, “Sora Leonhart and Lana Tsukiko!”

Lana squeals with delight as she skips happily toward a groaning Sora. 'NOOO! NOT A FANGIRL!!' he sighs inwardly and lets his head fall on the desk. The other fangirls hiss in the background, glaring daggers at the Lana girl as she wraps her arms around Sora's forcefully.

"Lucky bitch!”

“Waah! I wanted to be with Sora-kun!”

“Nooo!”

“I hope that bitch dies!!”

Naminé sweat-drops at the scene, is she the ONLY person here who is NOT obsessed about Sora, besides the boys? The 'lucky' girl clings onto Sora possessively, showing off a teasing 'I-win-in-your-faces-bitches!' smirk to every glaring fangirl. Poor Sora is tense the entire time, but as soon as the bell rings, he makes a dash for the door. The entire army of fangirls that’s in this class starts to run after him at full speed.

Soon, Naminé is the only one left in the room. She's truly glad she isn't in his shoes, as she pictures a cornered Sora surrounded by fangirls at every turn he makes.

xxxxxx

It is PE and Sora's sitting on one of the benches, waiting for Kairi and Riku who are still changing in the lockers room. His eyes start to twitch as he spots the fangirls in his class standing not too far, glaring at him like hawks, and snickering. Then they slowly advance towards him, their prey. Sora gulps. 'Kairiii hurry up!' he mentally screams.

“Hey, Sora-kun. What are you doing...?” They ask, giggling like the crazy fangirls they are.

“Uh, just chillin'...” He says carefully. The fangirls squeal in delight and gather around Sora. Then they start barraging him with questions:

“Sora-kun, do you have a girlfriend?”

“Do you like someone, Sora-kun?”

“How about you go out with me?”

“Shut up! Why'd he go out with an ugly bitch like you!?”

Sora spots Riku coming, his male best friend, and shoots him a 'SAVE-ME!' look. Riku sighs, shakes his head, and comes in their direction. Waving coolly, he says, “Hey girls.” They squeal annoyingly as soon as they see him, “It's Riku-sama! Riku-samaa!!”

Riku gives them a seducing smirk, “Would you mind if I talk to my friend alone, ladies?” The fangirls shake their head like idiots, and some of them even swoon on the spot.

Finally, they walk away, still gazing at them from afar though. Sora sighs with exasperation. Riku chuckles at his expression and takes a seat next to him, “Honestly, Sora, they're all just girls. Why are you so scared?” Sora's face turns serious. “They're not just girls. They're demons in human form!”

Riku rolls his eyes at his best friend's naivety. “Just give them a smile, flirt with them a little, and they'll leave you alone. They're easy to handle.”

Sora shivers at the thought of him actually doing that around them. “Easy for you to say! They'd rape and then eat me alive!” Riku shakes his head, surpassing a smile, “You're exaggerating, Sora!”

“Hi guys!” The boys look up to see Kairi with Yuffie Kisaragi, her best friend. Sora and Riku mumble a 'hey' back. Yuffie smiles at Sora, then glares at Riku, who looks at her. She and Riku share a long history together. She hates him because of his sexism and womanizing ways, it disgusts her. Back in middle school, she used to have a major crush on him. But when she finally confessed, he turned her down coldly. She still holds a grudge against him.

Riku smirks, then says sarcastically, “Good to see you too, Yuffie.” Yuffie goes like, “Hmph!” Ignoring him completely. “Love you, too.” Riku bites back, smirk stretching as Yuffie's face goes red tomato. “Sh-shut up, pretty-boy!”

Sora and Kairi watch their love-hate relationship with interest.

“So you think I'm pretty? Interesting...” He winks at her teasingly. She rolls her eyes, and crosses her arms. “Too pretty for a boy, if you ask me...” Kairi decides to butt in before Riku goes any farther, “You two are still as friendly as ever...” She and Sora laugh nervously when Yuffie glares at them.

All of a sudden, the coach blows the whistle and yells at them to line up. Naminé, who is sitting on one of the far benches the entire time, stands in the rear of the line, far away from Sora, his friends, and the fangirls. The coach announces they'll be playing Dodge Ball today. The class groans in response. Naminé pale, she hates violence.

As the coach calls out the names of both teams, Sora falls down in misery. "NOO! I'm against you guys! This is so unfair!!"

Riku and Kairi simply smirk evilly in return, "You're going down Sora! Finally… a chance to get our revenge on you, for annoying the hell out of us these past years!!" They glower menacingly at him as he gulps hard, sweating a bit, and backs out, "Oookayy...I'm gunna go get ready with my team now... G-good luck... ehehe..."

"Murder intent! I'm doomed!" he mutters to himself as he walks toward his team.

“SORA!” He looks up at Yuffie's voice, a grin on his face, “Yuffie! We're on the same team?!” She grins back, winking, “Yep! Let's do our best!” Sora nods, excitement rushing in him, “ALRIGHT!” Yuffie looks at him seriously all of sudden, “We HAVE to win!”

Sora blinks at her, “Eh?”

She pushes a finger in front of his face, eyes on fire, “We MUST win! We can't let Pretty-boy and Kairi beat us!” She says venomously, she then bursts out cackling like a witch, “Riku is sooo dead!” her face turns dangerously dark as she mentions his name. Sora sweat-drops, 'Why is everyone keen on murdering each other today...?'

Naminé is still in the shadows, she soon, however, realizes that she is in the same team as Sora's. As they gather, she inches closer to try to hear about the plan they were talking about, but the fangirls were all over Sora, pushing the other girls out of the way to be able to touch him. So Naminé ends up left out of the circle, then suddenly she hears Sora shout, "Team! ... Go out there and survive!” And then, they start to break up, leaving Naminé with a question mark looming over hear head, she then concludes that, this is the shortest plan ever.

Naminé gets dragged away by the army of fangirls dashing toward the field, so Sora doesn't get a chance to notice her, as a storm of flying balls, screams yelps and more things Naminé can't register fly across the field, she stays out of the spotlight as her comrades fall down in battle. Yuffie gets a ball, and aims it straight at Riku, who spots her, they have a glaring competition in the midst of the battle. Riku starts to smirk, as Yuffie scowl. They start attacking each other, she misses, and growls in frustration, but she dodges his in return, smirking. But, just as she looks up, Kairi's ball clashes with her head and she falls back. Sora runs to her side frantically, picks up her cold body, and shouts, "YUFFIE! SPEAK TO ME!" tears in his eyes, Yuffie looks at him weakly, "S-sora... You... must win... AVENGE ME!" she faints. Sora screams dramatically, "NOOOO!" he sobs over her unconscious body.

Naminé witnesses the entire event, and merely sweat-drops at the drama going on. Sora then turns to face the enemy, his eyes go wide as he sees a ball soaring his way, and he is defenseless!!

Riku, Kairi and Naminé anticipate the moment, however, a random fangirl suddenly flies in the way, her arms in the air, crying, "SORA-KUUNN!!" She moves in front of Sora, gets hit by the ball instead, and falls down in slow motion, face first on the ground.

Naminé sweat-drops, again, as the fangirl on the ground weakly turns to Sora, "S-sora-kun... please... please... try your best...ok?" she spoke weakly.

Sora nods, a bit sheepishly, he appreciates it when others do nice things for him. He smiles at the fallen fangirl warmly; the other fangirls go into a rage of jealousy. So one by one they go flying in front of him, getting hit in his place. In no time, Sora loses nearly all of his team. His head slumps at the outcome, while the guys gawk in amazement. Most of them thinking: 'I wish they'd do that for me!'

There are now five people left in Sora’s team; two fangirls, a random guy, plus Sora and Naminé. In Sora's eyes: "ALRIGHT!! I still have four people remaining! At least I can depend on the random guy to watch my back... YEAH! THAT MEANS I STILL HAVE SOME HOPE!!" He screams out loud, everyone on the field sweat-drop, while Naminé moves away from the clearly hysterical Sora.

Then all of a sudden he looks around to find that all the fangirls are down on the ground, they cry out pathetically, "S-sora-kuuun! Save us!" Riku and Kairi roll their eyes. Sora looks at the random guy, his 'last' hope. Then he looks back at his enemies Riku, Kairi and what's left of their team.

Without warning; there is a hurricane of balls, all aiming at Sora's team, Sora miraculously dodges them all, however his 'last hope' isn't as lucky and gets hit in the heat of the battle. Sora's heart-breaking cry can be heard bouncing off all angles of the field, "NOOOOOO!! IT CAN'T... It just... IT CAN'T BE OVER... it… it just can't...!" He whimpers as he bends on all fours, head low.

Riku has the devil's smirk playing on his lips, Kairi menacingly speaks, "Say your prayers So-ra-kun!!" Making sure she mocks every letter of his name, they jointly throw the ball at their target, Sora makes a dash for it, running as fast as he can, but the ball keeps hunting him, in every turn and direction he ran. Sora pales, "WHAT THE HELL! IMPOSSIB--" BAM! He is knocked out cold, falling on the ground in slow motion, everything turning black, but as he impacts with the ground a faint "ible" is heard just before he lost his consciousness.

xxxxxxx

Sora wakes up in the infirmary to find Riku's and Kairi's worried faces staring at him. Kairi smiles with relief, "He's awake!"

Sora gets up in a sitting position, looking around with a confused expression on his face, "W-what happened?! Where am I? WHO WON?!"

Riku, in his smug way, says, "We knocked you out in the game pretty bad, so we had to carry you to the infirmary." Every word is meant to tease Sora, obviously, Kairi glares at him as Sora bends his head in disappointment, "I-I see... so... that means... we lost..."

Kairi nervously says, "Uhm, well... not exactly... Your team won." As she finishes her sentence, Riku hangs his head down in shame.

Sora's eyes go wide in disbelief, "WE DID!? HOW? I WAS THE ONLY SURVIVOR--" Kairi cuts in, "Not quite, there was another girl left in your team... Naminé... was it..?" She shrugs, "Probably one of your fangirls!"

Sora looks down at the bed sheet then goes, "Wait a minute! Then that means..." Then he looks up at Riku, his lips turning into a teasing grin. Kairi nods her head and says, "Yeah, she even beat Riku!”

Riku blushes five shades of pink out of embarrassment, bending his head down even lower in shame, he feels Sora's eyes on him and looks up, scowling when he notes that evil grin, "Don't say it." Riku hisses dangerously, but it doesn't affect Sora one bit.

"Say what?" Sora asks innocently. Riku growls, "You know what!" He snaps. Sora grins from ear to ear, "RIKU LOST TO A GIRL!!" He breaks out laughing.

"..." Riku's face goes dark, but says nothing.

"THIS IS PRICELESS!" Sora cries as he clutches his stomach, "YOU GOT BEAT BY A GIRL!" Riku's eyes twitch, his pride is at stake, "I-I tell you, that girl isn't normal! She's some crazy obsessed fangirl. No where near normal!!" Sora raises an eyebrow, "But Ri-kuu.. I thought you said... girls are just girls, they're easy to handle...?" Riku then loses his temper, "Sh-shut up or I'll knock you out again!" Kairi sighs, "Stop it guys, you're acting like kids!"

Riku huffs in annoyance while Sora tries to stifle a laugh.

"Naminé was really amazing though!" Kairi muses out loud, "Even when all five of us teamed up on her! We couldn't land a single ball... is she one of your fangirls?" Kairi asks curiously. Sora scratches his chin, thinking, "Namineee? Hmmm... nope... I don't THINK I know her..."

"I never noticed her before either," Riku adds. “That's really strange though... I always notice a pretty looking girl."

Now Sora is growing curious, "What does she look like?" He asks them, looking from one to the other.

Then Nurse Tifa enters the room, "Oh, I see you're better now, Sora. That's good to know." She smiles sweetly. The two boys blush pink as Kairi rolls her eyes at the sight.

"T-thanks, miss Lockhart!" Sora says bashfully, with a love-sick look on his face. Nearly all boys in school have a crush on her. Kairi smacks him on the head. "WHAT!" He glares at her. "Quit flirting with our teacher, will ya?!" She says in disgust. "I-I'M NOT FLIRTING!" Sora yells back. Tifa giggles, causing Sora to blush a deeper shade of pink.

"You can go out now, kids." She says while shaking her head then turning back to work.

xxxxxxx

Chairs screech along the floor as the students take their seats, chatting and gossiping away. Yuffie enters the room and spots a quiet looking Naminé at the far end of the classroom, drawing. She grins as she hurries towards the blonde girl, she takes the seat in front of Naminé and sits on it backward, and making sure it faces Naminé.

Naminé looks up at Yuffie who grins at her saying, "Hey, weren't you the chick who beat the prick? YOU'RE AWESOME!" Naminé blushes a bit and avoids eye contact, quickly re-focusing on her sketchbook, as if Yuffie has never said anything to her. Yuffie looks at her strangely and sits down properly, in an awkward silence. She shrugs, 'What a weird girl...'

The teacher suddenly enters the classroom, everyone sits still, she gazes upon the class, "Today, I'll be announcing the lab partners." She says, her voice clear, "Take note, kids, that the partners I'm going to call out, will be your partners for the rest of the upcoming year."

Naminé blocks off her ears from what is going on around her for a while, and refocuses on drawing, only when the teacher calls out her name, that she looks up.

“Naminé Strife and Sora Leonhart!”

Is she hearing right? The poor girl pales when she notices VERY jealous looking fangirls glare at her direction. She is hearing right!

She is paired up with Sora Leonhart... one of the most popular guys at the whole school!!

xxxxxxx

To be continued...

Please review in the site ^^ And I'll try to post Chapter 2 as quickly as I can.

Obsession, a Kingdom Hearts fanfic - FanFiction.Net <<<

Last edited:

Abrogate Nadir

Website
abrogate-nadir.livejournal.com
I like your use of present tense, though one thing I would suggest would be to work on your storytelling a bit. The level of description is alright, but the way things are laid out seems a little plain--not so much storytelling as listing one happening after another. As well, the interjections of Japanese honorifics (-san, -kun) don't seem to fit very well.

Kitti-Kat x3

I like your use of present tense, though one thing I would suggest would be to work on your storytelling a bit. The level of description is alright, but the way things are laid out seems a little plain--not so much storytelling as listing one happening after another. As well, the interjections of Japanese honorifics (-san, -kun) don't seem to fit very well.

I appreciate your criticism. You're right, my storytelling needs more work. It's just that it's my first time writing.. and it was pretty awkward ^^;.. But I'll try my best in the next chapter (= Thanks!

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I loved your story! All those sweat-drops and looming question marks, it was so funny! Your text is very laid-back, and I like it! :D
Write moooore ASAP! ^^

<3

Call me Love, love.
I LOVE IT! It is really funny and I can just picture Sora afriad of all th fan girls. And I argree with Xenjin, you must make a charpter to NOW! lol Great story.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Oh my, this is certainly a really good story! Good job, since somebody else pointed out your errors, I didn't have to do any and I'm only good at spelling! I love it, I really hope Sora does notice her in the next chapter! I can barely wait till the next chapter! XD

driku18

very very good story line cant wait for the next chapter do u have a date for it,it was very good A+++ you got yourself your number 1 fan right here lol good job :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kitti-Kat x3

A/N: First of all, I got some good news and bad news.... the good news: chapter 2 is finally done :D the bad news ... it might not be as good as you think ^^; my writing style is still the same as chp1, unfortunately... :unsure:

Oh and please check this out YouTube - Sora x Naminé ♥ Ordinary Day ~FanFic~

I made it ^-^ It's a promo for this fic :3

xxxxxxxxxxx

Chapter 2

Things aren't going exactly the way that Naminé visualized it in her mind. All she really wants is to remain alone and unnoticed, faraway from trouble, protected from the world and what it may throw at her. However, since she knew Sora, it doesn't seem to go that way anymore.

She glances at the fangirls present in the classroom, analyzing their reaction. All of them are glaring solely at her; jealous and full of unhidden envy seeping out of them. Naminé is starting to find it hard to breathe. It's always been like this, whenever she's distressed, or forced to interact with other people, her body would start to immobilize, or she'd literally faint.

'It's not true... It can't be true... ME? ... with HIM?... It can't be.. I'm sure I heard wrong.. I'm sure...' She turns her head to face the fangirls again, and gulps, hard, eyes quickly darting all over the place. Nope. She is definitely not mishearing. She tries hard to ignore their looks. No avail. 'Help me, God!' Naminé cries desperately in her head, eyes closed tight, as if in pain.

Fortunately for her, her prayer is answered when Yuffie raises her hand, and tells the good news to the teacher, "Sora is in the nurse's office right now, he got hit on the head at Dodge ball and passed out.”

Naminé sighs with relief when the fangirls' gazes cease; they're more preoccupied about Sora's injury now. Safe. Yet, in her mind she knows that he will be there next time, because he will be her partner for the REST OF THE YEAR. She bites down on her lip, staring down at her lap in misery, 'Why does it have to be him...??'

xxxxxxxxxxx

The bell rings, signaling the end of school hours. Everybody spurts out of the school building, laughing, chatting and what not. Naminé stays in the back and lets the crowd go ahead before her. She locates an empty bench, barely visible and hidden by the bushes, to sit on, and waits for her dad to pick her up like always. He is extremely against the idea of her walking home from school; because he fears a lot for her safety, but sadly, he goes way overboard sometimes.

All of a sudden, while Naminé is drawing peacefully and quietly in her sketchbook; the fangirls appear, running out of the school building, chasing after Sora, their prey, calling out if he is 'OK' after the hit he had earlier in the Dodge ball match. But he continues to dart away from all of them, as if they are a group of predators out on a hunt. Naminé breathes out a sigh as she watches him run around the place frantically, with fangirls persistently in toe. They do act like predators.

The mob of fangirls and Sora disappear from sight behind a corner. Finally, peace and quiet again, Naminé smiles to herself. She continues drawing, when without warning, the bushes behind her start to rattle, she nearly jumps out of her own skin from fright. Slowly she turns to take a peek behind her...

A messy and tired looking Sora Leonhart jumps out of them, panting and bending on his knees, looking just about ready to collapse from exhaustion. “I finally lost them!! Phew...”

Naminé wonders how he managed to teleport here when she distinctly saw him disappear behind the corner earlier. To her, Sora is unpredictable and inescapable, he keeps popping up in her life stubbornly.

Sora, meanwhile, begins scanning the area. Just before his eyes glance over in her direction, Naminé silently turns back to her drawing, preparing herself to completely ignore him, and for him to completely ignore her.

Sora's eyes catch her, however, and he yelps out loud, believing that she is one of his rabid fangirls. He turns, ready to run away, but comes to a quick halt when he suddenly realizes that she is ignoring him. 'Not a fangirl. Safe.'

He cautiously takes a good long look at her face, sitting down right next to her on the bench. The atmosphere is peaceful and tranquil around her. Sora is practically staring openly at her now, caught in the moment. She is breathtakingly beautiful to him, not a flaw visible. Everything about her, every inch, seems to shine.

He curiously attempts to peek into her sketchbook, wondering what she's drawing. Naminé, however, doesn't seem to like him taking a look at her drawing, or being near her for that matter, she especially dislikes the extra attention he is giving her... So she stands up and leaves in a hurry, noticing her ride come around the corner.

He quickly gets up after her, stretching his hand in front of him, and yells, “WAIT!” But she is long gone. He sweat-drops, “That...That was fast!!”

As he watches her diminishing figure head towards a vehicle, his big ocean blue eyes are wide open; certain questions start to haunt his thoughts...

'Who is this girl? Why haven’t I seen her before...?’

xxxxxxxxxxx

Next day, in English class, Sora enters, yawning lazily. As he makes his way towards his seat, his eyes fall upon her automatically. He stands there, in what appears to be a daze, and slowly waits for his brain to start functioning. The memory part, if one wants to be precise. Then, he suddenly remembers her, in a short flashback, finally, and his eyes snap wide open. “THAT GIRL!”

He walks towards her, casually. The fangirls watch him, curiosity clear in their eyes.

When he is right in front of Naminé's desk, he smiles friendly at her. The fangirls are practically seething with jealousy by now, if looks could kill, Naminé would be long dead.

"Um... Hi! I'm Sora!!” He says, scratching the back of his head sheepishly, a goofy grin on his face. The whole class is silent and watching the event in awe.

Talk about tense.

Naminé is visibly shaking, her face is as red as Kairi's hair. But Sora, being Sora, is oblivious to it all.

She opens her mouth to say something, can't, closes it tight, then looks down at her sketchbook and continues drawing.

“...” Sora eyes her strangely for a while, blinking. 'How rude!' He thinks, pouting and folding his arms like a child, 'She is one of those stuck-up girls I bet!!' He concludes, going back to his previous seat, incredibly annoyed.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Second period. Art Class. He spots her as soon as he enters the classroom, 'SHE IS HERE TOO!!'

Even in their third period. Sora is obviously suspicious at this point, but tries to simply ignore it. 'It's just a coincidence... Yeah, that's it. Coincidence. I bet that I won't be seeing her in the fourth period! ...No way!'

xxxxxxxxxxx

In the fourth period, he comes in, and freezes at the doorstep, a shocked expression imprinted on his face when he recognizes a certain blond at the back of the classroom. 'OK, this is getting WAY creepy...' Curious, he decides to try and get to know her better. So he walks to where she is sitting at the back of the class. “Um hey, mind if I sit next to you?” He displays one of his friendly smiles, the fangirls squeal in the background.

She looks up at him, eyes staring at his chest instead of his face, then turns away quickly, shrugging a bit. 'W-why you!' He grits his teeth, 'She is treating me like I'm wasting her time!!' He returns to his previous seat in a huff, and ignores the one next to her.

xxxxxxxxxxx

It is PE, and Sora is in the middle of a basketball match with his team, some sort of training for an upcoming match. The others sit on the benches surrounding the court. Later, as the match continues, the ball flies off and lands next to Naminé, who is currently sitting on one of the far back benches. Sora runs to get it, he picks it up, and notices Naminé sitting nearby, drawing.

'WE'RE IN THE SAME CLASS... AGAIN?! This is BEYOND creepy!' He cringes, then narrows his eyes at her figure, just to check if she's really there or if he's just imagining things. Yep. She's there, he quickly concludes. He struggles to form a smile, “S-so we share PE too, huh? A-awesome...”

Naminé looks up at him, briefly; He is standing not too far in front of her. She can feel her self fidgeting, subconsciously grabbing the edges of her sketchbook tighter toward her chest. Sora notes this, but thinks it's just her being weird again. He tries to keep the smile on his face...

She notices the distant fangirls, hissing at her in the background, a clear warning that meant “Stay away from Sora!”, and begins to panic, she then decides to try and escape the attention, by once again ignoring Sora completely and resuming her drawing.

Sora, on the other hand, totally misunderstands the situation. Frowning as he runs back to his teammates out on the field, thinking, 'She hates me. That's all there is to it. But...Why?! What did I ever do to her?!'

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sora starts to grow curious as days pass, to the point that he decides to make an attempt to ask one of her friends about it. Problem is, he never sees her with anyone. She's always alone in class. Come lunchtime, she disappears. He looks around everywhere for her, but she's no where at sight. All he does know about her so far, is her name; Naminé, that she's also in all his classes, and that she's a top student and the teachers favorite. But, to everyone else, she is always incredibly quiet and very strange.

In the end, he decides to ask his best friends about her. So while they're at their lockers, Sora slightly turns to Kairi and Riku, “Hey, um, guys... do you... know a girl named Naminé?”He asks casually while getting out his books.

Kairi and Riku blink, and look at each other oddly, then back to him. “Wasn't she the girl who beat Riku in Dodge Ball?” Riku's eyes twitch when Kairi mentions that. Lately, that's what everyone is teasing him about, and its become some peoples favorite gossip topic. Especially Yuffie. She'll pop up out of nowhere and laugh at his face so much that Riku is beginning to despise the blonde hair girl who has done the near impossible, shatter his pride.

Sora's eyes widen, “She was?! I-I see... I guess it makes sense then. What else do you know about her?” Kairi shrugs, Riku shakes his head.

Sora's shoulders slump.

No luck.

He has already asked half the school by now. But so far, none of them know about her. Some doesn't even know she attend the same school, let alone exist!

xxxxxxxxxxx

The bell rings during Sora and Naminé's Math's Class. The students start leave one by one. Sora is still sitting in his seat however, which to everyone, is odd. Naminé, who is currently preparing to leave the room and head towards their next class, over-hears the fangirls ask Sora what's wrong, they flock around his table like bees attracted to honey. Sora simply shakes his head at them and states calmly, nearly without any expression, that he'll be there in a few they should go ahead of him. The fangirls start to giggle happily and obey, only because Sora finally spoke to them.

How ironic.

Sora is starting to understand how the fangirls must feel when he ignores them.

Naminé is utterly suspicious at his response, she starts to think of every possible reason on why he's staying. She's always the last to leave in every class, but Sora is stubbornly glued to his seat. As if he is waiting for someone...

She scans the classroom, but there's no one here but the both of them now. She looks at the back of his seated figure, and gulps nervously. 'Is he waiting for me...?'

Lately this morning, he keeps stalking her everywhere around the school, for whatever reason Naminé doesn't even want to know about.

She has to hide to avoid him.

She must escape now, too.

But how?

Her seat is too far from the door, since it's in the back of the class. And he's in the way...

She can not escape him!!

So she starts panicking.

He'll probably ambush her when she passes by him. She considers escaping through the window, but it's impossible, since it's the 2nd floor. And besides, Naminé can't attempt such a bold act. It'll also make her look ridiculous.

Afraid, and a bit stubborn, Naminé decides to stay where she is until he leaves.

Hopefully, he will leave. She won't walk into his trap.

No way.

Sora, on the other hand, is being just as stubborn as she is. 'She can't escape me this time!! Muwahahahaha!!' He laughs inwardly while trying to adapt Riku's trademark smirk, but failing at it.

Determined, he finally stands up, turns around, and walks toward a now visibly alarmed Naminé.

'Oh no... here he comes!! What should I do?? Uh.. uhm... I'll pretend I didn't see him!' She brings forth her sketchbook, her only escape, and starts drawing random stuff to ease her stress.

But then, Sora appears in front of her, and snatches the sketchbook out of her grasp, yelling at her face, "OH NO, YOU DON'T! I'm NOT going to let you draw and pretend I'm not there again!!"

She flinches at his sudden move, eyes wide.

"Why do you hate me so much? Please tell me!” He is looking at her pleadingly at the moment, but, for Naminé, his face is too close for comfort! She can't even register a word he said.

She moves back, and stares at him blankly for awhile, trying hard to calm herself. She opens her mouth to utter something, Sora anticipates, leaning in, but the words won't come out of Naminé's mouth, so she closes it again.

Sora is completely pissed off at this stage, he smacks her desk with his two fists, shouting; “STOP MAKING WEIRD FACES!" Naminé's entire body shudder violently at his reaction. She is about to cry.

Sora feels extremely remorseful when he notices her eyes filling up with tears.

"Whoa... wait...are you.. are you going to cry...?" He blinks, subconsciously extending his hands toward her face, but she brushes it off, bending her head low so he won't see it, then stands up quickly, grabs her sketchbook from him and stuffs it in a rush and runs off as fast as she can. He tries to catch her...

“WAIT! I'm sorry!! Please, listen!!”

Too late. She's way too fast. Sora lets his hand fall down at his side, frowning guiltily as he gazes at the floor. 'I made her cry...I'm the worst...'

xxxxxxxxxxx

The class after it, PE, Naminé isn't there. Sora's eyes search around for her, at the usual furthest bench she's mostly seen sitting on.

Not there.

He frowns deeper and sighs, feeling extremely guilty. The fangirls gather around, looking worriedly at him. "Is something wrong, Sora?” They ask in union, concern evident in their voice. He shakes his head absentmindedly, and leaves them to find Riku and Kairi.

'I'll definitely apologize the next time I see her, definitely...'

xxxxxxxxxxx

Later at the infirmary...

"Feeling better?” Tifa asks with a smile, cupping Naminé's face gently. Naminé forces a small smile, nodding a bit.

Tifa's motherly smile stretches, “Good!” She backs out and sits straight on her chair. “Now... promise me you'll talk to Sora and show him that you're not weird.”

Naminé shakes her head vehemently, "No! I-I'm scared of him...”

Tifa stifles a giggle. Scared? Of Sora? She shakes her when she sees how serious Naminé is being. Tifa knows all that has happened, Naminé has told her everything. But because she knows Sora too well, she doesn't think that this it is a problem at all. In fact, she sees it as an opportunity for Naminé to open up and get new friends.

“You shouldn't be! Sora is one of the nicest boys I know in this school!” She says, trying to assure the blond.

Naminé is being stubborn, however, and shakes her head, “He yelled at me...And said I make weird faces!! How mean....” She tilts her head to the other side and pouts cutely, causing Tifa to chuckle. “Come on, Naminé! Put yourself in his position. Of course he'd think you're weird! You haven't spoken to him, have you?” Naminé shakes her head slowly, “See, that's why. You just have to prove to him that you're a perfectly normal girl.”

Naminé stares down at her lap, “I... I don't want to talk to him...” She mumbles, fidgeting with her school skirt.

Tifa sighs. “You have to. You need to have some friends!”

Naminé shakes her head again, “I'd rather be alone...”

Tifa sighs heavier... She sure is Cloud's daughter; stubborn and solitary, Tifa thinks, a small smile tracing her lips. She caresses Naminé's cheek, a distant look in her eyes, “How is your father these days?” The blond smiles heartily; Tifa's the only person who she can ever consider closest to be a mother figure to her. Ever since...

“He's fine...”

Tifa's entire face brightens immensely, “I'm glad.” The bell rings, and she automatically checks her wristwatch, “You have Science now, right? You gotta hurry! No skipping two classes in one day!” She says, a playful smile on her face.

Naminé returns her smile, feeling much more better now. “Okay!” She's ready to leave when Tifa's voice stops her, "You will try to talk to Sora, right?”

"...”

"For me?” Tifa tries to coax her with one of her innocent smiles.

Naminé looks down in defeat, "I-I'll try...”

Tifa grins wider, if possible, then turns back to work. Naminé leaves and closes the door behind her. 'Wait a minute! Science class... him... LAB PARTNER!' She freezes when realization hit her, eyes wide. 'There's no escaping him... is there...?' She closes her eyes, inhales deeply, then slowly walks toward her Science class. Her heart beating faster with every step.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sora is expecting Naminé at Science class. He is nervously kicking the floor under his seat repeatedly. The teacher looks pretty annoyed at this, she lowers her glasses and glares at Sora, who is unmindful to it, and has his eyes fixed on the door instead, waiting eagerly for a certain blond to show up. 'Please be here, please be here, please be here...' He keeps chanting in his head.

Then, to his fortune, Naminé comes in, her eyes fixated on the floor shyly. Sora grins, overjoyed that she's here. The teacher excuses Naminé and welcomes her in. The blond nods a bit, and heads toward her seat, passing by Sora on the way, but dares not to look at him, or anyone else for that matter, and keeps her head bowed down.

The teacher then demands everyone sits next to their respective lab partner. Naminé and Sora are anxious for different reasons; She knows who her partner is and how the majority of the class – fangirls - won't be happy about it, while Sora is afraid that his partner is another fangirl.

He is relieved however when Naminé turns out to be his partner, 'Not a fangirl,YES!!' He stands up and punches the air, grinning like an idiot, whereas Naminé's head prostrates in despair.

The fangirls snort at the blonde, mentally registering her in their black list. A dark aura forming around them as Sora walks giddily toward his partner, at the back of the class. He is clearly elated it's Naminé. Now he's fangirl-free AND he has a chance to apologize to Naminé for earlier. Must be his lucky day. If it all goes well, she'll forgive him, they'll be friends, and his conscious will finally put to rest, he hopes, smiling to himself as he reaches his seat next to Naminé's.

It is awkward though, for the both of them. The air is thick and tense, both of them are avoiding eye-contact, even the usually bold, blunt and outgoing Sora is feeling a little shy for some odd reason, which he can't seem to comprehend.

They make the experiment the teacher instructed them to do together in complete silence. Naminé does most of the work though, because Sora is clueless about everything. They get an A, Sora's first official A, he is so proud, so he turns around and thanks Naminé, finally breaking the silence.

She is taken aback when he exclaims a “Thanks!” with a stupid grin on his face. Naminé's eyes flutter throughout the class, another panic attack, she attempts to collect her courage and try to say something back, her bottom lip quivering as she tries to utter a word.

His eyes twitch when he watches her 'act weird' again, "Why are you so weird like that!" He finally says out loud, impatient, the whole class turns heir head in their direction, "Speak to me! Say anything! Curse at me! I won't mind! Just SPEAK!" She merely looks at him, trembling, about to attempt at speaking again, he expects the moment, but instead, she closes her mouth shut and looks the other way, defeated, reaching for her sketchbook, her escape...

He advances obstinately, takes away the sketchbook again, and looks down at her small figure, determination burning in his eyes, "Look, I'm sorry! For whatever I did, I'M SORRY! Can you forgive me now?" She simply stares at his chest, unable to form words, silently feeling disappointed with herself.

"SPEAK, OR I WON'T GIVE IT BACK!" He holds the sketchbook up like a hostage.

Silence.

Then the bell rings, at the worst time, for Sora at least. She snatches her book from him by force, while he's in a daze, and runs out. Sora simply stares at the empty space she is standing on just a minute ago, and then at the wall in front of him. "I don't care! Do I look like I care? 'Cause I don’t! Not a bit! Why are you looking at me like that?" He punches the wall, obviously bothered.

Everyone present at the classroom sweat-drops.

'He’s nuts!'

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sora makes up his mind: he's going to ignore Naminé completely. Why should he bother himself with her anymore? She doesn't seem to care, so why should he? But, even though he keeps telling himself that, inwardly, he is burning with curiosity that he is literally boiling inside, he just has this annoying need to speak with her, to hear her voice, to get to know her better, but he is desperately trying to surpass it.

Sora then goes to hang out with his friends during lunchtime, in the cafeteria. Kairi takes note on how quiet Sora is being; he's standing a bit farther back, a blank expression on his face. She nudges Riku's shoulder and whispers, “Look, he’s in deep thought.”

Riku is annoyed of the interruption, but when he glances back at Sora, he raises an eyebrow in disbelief. “This is serious,” he says almost nonchalantly.

Kairi smirks, “I TOLD you! He is serious about this girl. Kairi's eyes never fail!”

Riku shakes his head at her and walks away with his tray, Kairi hisses at him to come back, but he ignores her and heads toward their table.

So Kairi is left to confront Sora by herself, she walks toward him, and smiles when he looks up at her curiously.

“What's on your mind?”She asks, winking.

He shakes his head slowly, and mutters, “Nothing...”

Kairi pouts, narrowing her eyes at him, “SPIT IT OUT!” She yells, smacking him in the head like she usually does.

He winces at the impact, and answers while sighing, “It's Naminé...”

Kairi grins from ear to ear, “I KNEW IT!” she exclaims happily, stifling a squeal.

Sora goes defensive all of a sudden, “But it's not like that! She doesn't like me OK? Now will you forget it already??”

The cupid inside Kairi bursts free, “Ooh, unrequited love huh, my specialty...” she purrs.

Sora sweat-drops, “I never even TALKED with her!”

Kairi blinks, raising an eyebrow, “Eh? How come? Don't you two share every period together?”

Sora sighs, nodding.

“Then how come?”

"She acts like I'm a nobody! It's driving me mad!!” He exclaims, scowling, and pointing a clenched fist at Kairi's face for some reason. She nods viciously, thinking that she needs to make some investigations regarding Naminé, for Sora's sake, taking the role of matchmaker already.

She turns away from a bemused Sora, and nods again to herself, a determined expression on her face, 'Sora is way dense. He doesn’t know its because he likes her. That’s why he cares!'

xxxxxxxxxxx

Later on the next day, during PE, Kairi has just finished changing in the girls lockers, she turns around to leave when she recognizes Naminé standing not too far, facing her own locker. Kairi studies Naminé's figure with fascination, and the first thought that comes up in her mind is... ‘Beautiful'. She never thoroughly noticed her before, but now that she sees her as a potential love interest for Sora, her best friend... Things changed. Sora, in all the years she spent with him, didn't show any particular interest for a girl, not until now. That's why she's so excited for her friend.

Kairi observes as some fan girls make their way confidently toward Naminé, who looks at them questioningly, terrified out of her wits. The girls glower nastily at her, “Stop flirting around with Sora! He doesn’t like freaky girls like you!!” Then they purposely hit Naminé's shoulder with theirs as they pass her, laughing haughtily.

Kairi watches it all happen, though she can't hear what they're talking about, she gets extremely furious with how they treat Naminé. She angrily marches toward Naminé's side, and yells back at the bullies, “HEY! YOU! WHY THE HECK DID YOU HIT HER!?” They glare at Kairi, their expression insouciant, but ignore her, taking her school status in consideration. They walk off, snorting. Kairi is still glaring at their retreating figures. Then she turns and smiles at Naminé, who is staring wide-eyed at the entire thing.

Kairi Kimaru, the most popular girl at school is talking to her! Why does fate insist she stays in the spotlight? Like she needs more attention then she already has... she only seems to be walking into more trouble.

The red-head extends her hands out for the blond, and says sweetly, “Hey there… I’m Kairi, its nice to finally meet you!”

Naminé hesitantly takes her hand, and shakes it nervously. Kairi's expression turns firm then, “Don’t let them treat you like that again, OK? Fight back!” She gives Naminé a pat on the back, Naminé smiles in return and nods a little, blushing.

“Th-th-thank y-you,” She manages to stutter out, inwardly proud of herself for being able to say anything at all. Suddenly, the coach yells at them to hurry up from outside.

Naminé makes her way to the door, only to be stopped by Kairi, "He can wait a while, don't worry, he won't do anything to us anyway, except maybe yell at us to hurry again, but, anyway, your name is Naminé... right?"

Naminé slowly nods, thinking, 'How does she know my name? I've never talked to her before!' Kairi's about to say something else when the coach bellows for them to hurry and get their butts out there.

Kairi rolls her eyes but heads towards the door, signaling Naminé to follow after her, she has certain things to ask the blond...

Naminé nervously follows, still thinking 'Why is she paying attention to me? How does she know my name? why does she want me to follow? Oh God why do the popular people have to pay attention to me?'

Kairi smiles, taking Naminé's hand and dragging her along, “Come on, we gotta hurry!”

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sora and Riku are currently waiting for Kairi on a bench near the field. When Kairi finally shows up, Sora's eyes nearly bulge out when he sees Naminé at her side. Riku looks at them keenly and comments, “That’s the chick who owned me in Dodge Ball... well, she has the looks. So I don’t mind."

Sora shakes his head at them and forces himself to focus on the ball in his hand instead, “She’s weird.” He mumbles, pretending to not care.

Riku goes like, “Uh-huh,” with a raised eyebrow, and his in-famous smirk on.

Class continues on, the guys are playing basketball while the girls have volleyball. Kairi and Naminé are sitting on the benches though. Sora is dying to know what Kairi is saying to Naminé, and why the hell Naminé is smiling back at her, AND TALKING! Why won't she do that in front of HIM? That dazzling and breath taking smile….. 'Wait a minute… WHY SHOULD I CARE?! I do NOT care!' He shakes his head again, and throws the ball at the basket, but misses.

He glances at Riku by his side, whose entire look seems to tease him. 'Kairi must've told him.' Sora concludes with a pout. He then catches Yuffie looking at him too, at the other side of the field, with the same teasing way. He mentally screams, a vein propping on his forehead, 'WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM! DID KAIRI TELL THE WORLD...?!'

He glares daggers at Kairi's figure, and when she turns around and spots him looking at her, she merely grins in return; he shoots her a ‘wait-till-I-get-you-after-class’ glare. She's able to decipher it, because her figure seems to be chuckling now.

xxxxxxxxxxx

He corners Kairi outside the PE gym. “WHAT DID YOU TELL HER?”

Kairi innocently says, “Nothing,” surpassing a grin.

“Really?”

“Of course!”

Sora sighs with relief.

Kairi smirks. “Sora, are you... shy?”

Sora throws a fit, blushing abundantly, “NO! Why would I be?! I don’t like her! I don’t have any feelings for her!”

“Okay, okay, chill! Denial much?” She says while laughing.

Sora grits his teeth, “GRR! I'M GOING TO CLASS!” He stomps off, pouting to himself as he hears Kairi still laughing.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Later, during Art Class

Sora notices, as soon as he enters the classroom, that the seat next to Naminé is empty. ‘What are you thinking, Sora! YOU DON’T CARE! Why would you want to sit next to her??’ He's having this inner conversation with himself, making weird faces in the midst of it all, ‘Well… It shouldn’t matter, right? It’s just a seat, besides, I’m only sitting next to her because she isn’t a fan girl, and it would be less annoying. Ya, that’s why I'll sit next to her!’ He nods, obviously trying to convince himself.

He walks toward Naminé reluctantly, she notices him coming, and looks up; he flashes his idiotic grin at her. She merely looks back at her sketchbook like usual. He frowns, then pouts, sits in a huff and looks the other way, ‘FINE! BE THAT WAY! I SHOULDN'T HAVE BOTHERED!!' He takes a peek at her, but she's completely oblivious to his existence, causing him to pout deeper, 'If she ignores me, I’ll ignore her back! Let's see if she likes that!!’ (She will like that... but oh well).

Sora starts out drawing a sketch with his pencil. He ‘accidentally’ breaks it and turns to Naminé. “I’m only asking for a pencil since mine broke. Hey um,” He loses words when she turns to face him; lost in her eyes, “Uh... I broke my pencil… do you have a spare?” He manages to find his voice; The fan girls glare in the background. Naminé fidgets, then faces the other direction and offers him a pencil in a hurry.

Sora thinks that she thinks that he is bothersome, and trying to get ride of him. He glares at her, but she has her eyes on her lap instead. He takes the pencil in a miff, and faces the other way from her, sulking.

Class carries on, but something begins burning inside Sora.

Curiosity.

For that girl.

He tries to fight the growing curiosity, ‘I’M IGNORING HER DAMMIT!’ But then he gets a flashback of Kairi and Naminé smiling and talking to each other previously, in PE.

He feels irritated.

And jealous.

Of Kairi.

Why won't she talk to him? What’s wrong with him? Why does she hate him...??

xxxxxxxxxxx

Chapter 3: What is Kairi planning? Will Naminé finally say something to Sora?? And how will the fangirls react to this??

Last edited:

<3

Call me Love, love.
I love it! I love it! I love it!

Best fan fic I have read lol good job

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Wow comments here:
some errors yet. Otherwise, good job! Kept me hook! Namine better talk to Sora soon! And Sora better learn to be patient!
Boy, are they both stubborn about each other. I love Kairi and Yuffie's role in this and I hate how the other fangirls are bullying her. Whoo-hoo! Can't wait for Chapter 3, keep up the good work! :p Good chapter!

driku18

dont lisren to anything that anyone says about it being bad its perfect the writing style is perfect ur doing a good job cant wait till the next chapter gosh this is the best fan fic ive ever read:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back