• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Now I get it.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Nomura is not american.
I'm not American either, in fact I'm Asian, same as Nomura, yet I'm still pissed as hell. But I digress.

They could, you know, just play the first game. :D
But remember that most of these new players are not devoted fans. They play a game like KH2 or Days and may get turned off from the entire series entirely once they don't understand the plot.

Last edited:

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I totally agree with you about people jumping in and being confused as hell. When my friends come to me tell me they dont understand I say "Well it makes sense you dont understand....the only game you played was KH2 or even worse.....358/2 days......and the intro video to 2 explains some of what happens before....you know..there is a 2 there for a reason....maybe a game came before it.....you should try playing it and maybe it will help you understand."

I believe the best way to understand is to experience it first hand....not from wikipedia...or a game summary...or even a friends mouth...its just not the same....and given a game like this....you can give someone brain tumors trying to explain the game to them. I totally agree with the female characters thing.....And plus u gotta remember.....Nomura is not american... who knows how they do it in japan concerning video games...i mean 13 Final fantasy games and only one Female Lead......WOW......

Why does everyone compare Aqua to Kairi.....one has ovaries.....and the other one doesnt.......Meaning one is worth something and the other isnt.....and technically axel was connected to a main character.

KH can be like LOST....As Dogenzaka put it......

Final Fantasy 6 has a female lead (Terra), but even still, if the woman is not the lead, they still hold great importance in the story. Final Fantasy 12 doesn't have a main character either, at least not in the occasional sense of one being the lead role

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm not American either, in fact I'm Asian, same as Nomura, yet I'm still pissed as hell. But I digress.

But remember that most of these new players are not devoted fans. They play a game like KH2 or Days and may get turned off from the entire series entirely once they don't understand the plot.
I hope i didnt offend.....and yeah...i know a bunch of people who were turned off...i tried...but it didnt work.....

and Orphan....i totally forgot about 6.....and why did i even compare the two series.........Maybe Nomura doesnt like girls....

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
wouldnt be surprised if one of his songs ended up as the intro song for one of the games

v73uhi.gif

Awards
This is like LOST: The game: The series
The moment KH starts to focus on either time travel or alternate realities, I'm jumping ship.

destinykh's right. You can't even recommend KH to someone and expect them to understand or enjoy it (unless they're just remarkably drawn into the button-mashy gameplay) without forcing them to trudge through 5 games now and read some interviews.

Well, one thing that BbS does a decent job of (which Days failed to do despite Nomura's claim), is to have a relatively easy-to-understand story for first time KH players. It's just that, taken into the larger context of the series is when Birth by Sleep becomes confusing.
I mean, it's not hard to understand that the antagonist possessed the tragic hero and the protagonist, with a heart of pure light, ended up resting in someone else. After all, we've already seen that in KH1 through Ansem SoD possessing Riku and Kairi's heart going into Sora. But when you compound it on to what happens after (with Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Roxas, Namine, etc) that's when things become too convoluted.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Unfortunately, Riku is easier to explain than Sora and his clones.

Are you kidding??

"My best friend, now. He got tricked into letting this creepy guy, who used to be this amnesiac thing who was actually made of one guy with two old men stuffed into him (one for love and the other for nefarious purposes) who called himself by the name of the nefarious old man even though he wasn't him, and then later called himself by a King's name while the King gave himself another name, go in him. This guy's skin actually became the head of an Organisation, but I digress. Then my best friend ended up looking like the creepy guy and started calling himself by the name of the King too."

Take Xehanort, for example. Now, it wasn't too hard to figure out that Terra and MX, in some combination, would become the apprentice we know. But step back and just look at the history of Xehanort. Given the multiple Ansems/Xehanorts running around already, was that necessary? Why couldn't Xehanort the apprentice have been his own person in the first place? That's not to say I didn't like Terra and MX [i]as characters[/i] (I thought they were both great additions to the series), but as [i]plot devices[/i], that's where there's a problem. This goes back to what Nomura said about how he believes that if a character isn't connected to another main character, fans will disregard said character. Which is the entirely wrong mentality at this point in the game.

Yeah, I agree with that completely. It's why, while I want to love Ven for who he is, part of me is kind of 'meh' about what he is to the series.

Can you imagine? An entire game devoted just to licking the series' wounds? Though it definitely needs it at this point.

...It could be a very beautiful game!

I think most of us have established that he is a total fangirl.

Picture1.png

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
I just don't care anymore. I like where the series is going despite other peoples opinions.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Tetsuya Nomura is actually quite handsome :O

But, I don't think he looks like Gackt or any of his characters, even if you were kidding around. That's like an Asian person who lives in an Asian country saying all white people look the same.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Are you kidding??

"My best friend, now. He got tricked into letting this creepy guy, who used to be this amnesiac thing who was actually made of one guy with two old men stuffed into him (one for love and the other for nefarious purposes) who called himself by the name of the nefarious old man even though he wasn't him, and then later called himself by a King's name while the King gave himself another name, go in him. This guy's skin actually became the head of an Organisation, but I digress. Then my best friend ended up looking like the creepy guy and started calling himself by the name of the King too."

That's mostly a Xehanort explanation, though, who is arguably the hardest person to describe in the entire series. Riku CAN be explained without needing to go into Xehanort's complicated existence. So a Riku description is more like:

"My best friend, now. He was chosen to recieve the Keyblade, but he became a dick and helped the bad guys before one of the bad guys posessed him for a little while, so I got his Keyblade instead. Then he gave into the darkness in order to help me live, and ended up looking like the guy that posessed him, but was able go back to normal again when a machine thingy backfired."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back