• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake's development

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Re: Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake's development

It's never coming out, is it? Or at least not until a point where goodwill has been burned.
tumblr_m0tq0c3odQ1qe6dvp.gif

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

On an unrelated I hate how these interviews are almost almost completely company controlled. This is true for almost any AAA game interview all over the world but it's especially apparent in Famitsu. I'm not asking for them to grill him but, i just hate how artificial these interviews sound.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's never coming out, is it? Or at least not until a point where goodwill has been burned.

The typical dev cycle of a game is 3-5 years. KH3 began development in 2013, soft rebooted in 2014 thanks to the engine shift halting their progress a bit, and it is 2017 now. That's about 3 years of work. They have barely even touched the minimum average dev time for this game.

On an unrelated I hate how these interviews are almost almost completely company controlled. This is true for almost any AAA game interview all over the world but it's especially apparent in Famitsu. I'm not asking for them to grill him but, i just hate how artificial these interviews sound.

Japanese game press are really just extended marketing hands. It is definitely a different reporting culture than in most other places in the world. Why do you think some Japanese devs dislike being interviewed by Western press? xD

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

[video=youtube;ReTP6x_sDiM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReTP6x_sDiM[/video]

nomura's theme song

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Well, at least it's semi official now.
If any, I like Nomura's way of talking about his games a hell lotta better than Tabata's, so the wait won't be as bad. I'm expecting lots here.

Yeeeeeeah, with Final Fantasy XV finally released, I think I can agree to this statement. Tetsuya Nomura is very vague and usually brings little to no new information whatsoever, but at least he doesn’t flat-out lie about what the final game will be like months before the game finally releases (You said it would take 50 hours to beat just the main story of FFXV, Tabata. SERIOUSLY?)

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Japanese game press are really just extended marketing hands. It is definitely a different reporting culture than in most other places in the world. Why do you think some Japanese devs dislike being interviewed by Western press? xD

Exactly the only exception I can think of is Hideo Kojima. I'm not blaming Nomura for that. He seems to be a very shy person and to be honest probably needs interviews to be this way.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Nomura confirms that all the remasters will be getting a boxed set release and it will be e-Store exclusive. Not often he just comes right out and announces things in an interview like that. But that's cool. With my need to collect all the KH stuff I can get my hands on, I'm sure I'll be buying said box set :D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Nomura confirms that all the remasters will be getting a boxed set release and it will be e-Store exclusive. Not often he just comes right out and announces things in an interview like that. But that's cool. With my need to collect all the KH stuff I can get my hands on, I'm sure I'll be buying said box set :D

He didn't really say it'd be an e-Store exclusive...He said they could possibly sell it there.

namidawa

On the bright side, it's safe to assume the project isn't being rushed. I wonder if he's still sticking with his window release date though.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

– A status update on KH3's development?

Nomura:
The process of production this time is different from any other KH game up until this point, so I can't exactly say much, but there are still worlds that we have yet to start work on. There are also, however, worlds that we haven't announced with production on them moving right along. So it's in a showable, but not showable state. In terms of development status, I guess you could say there's still some ways to go.

Especially working together with Roy Conli and etc. I could see how the process could be different. Of course, I don't really know what Nomura is specifically referring to since it could mean anything like the graphics/landscape/etc.

Launchpad

Awards

Especially working together with Roy Conli and etc. I could see how the process could be different. Of course, I don't really know what Nomura is specifically referring to since it could mean anything like the graphics/landscape/etc.

To be honest, it's about time someone from Disney decided to crack down on the KH franchise, making sure it's up to snuff in representing their properties

Hirokey123

Awards

Please...please show us a Disney character who isn't MDG in the next trailer...or a voiced line from Kairi and Riku..or literally anything besides more flashy gameplay and that single scene of YX and YE playing chess. Like I love any KH trailers but I feel like we're overdue for a trailer with a bit more substantial-ness to it. Maybe showing us teamed up with some other Disney characters at least so we can see how they fight.

Launchpad

Awards

Please...please show us a Disney character who isn't MDG in the next trailer...or a voiced line from Kairi and Riku..or literally anything besides more flashy gameplay and that single scene of YX and YE playing chess. Like I love any KH trailers but I feel like we're overdue for a trailer with a bit more substantial-ness to it. Maybe showing us teamed up with some other Disney characters at least so we can see how they fight.

What if the next trailer takes place in Twilight Town's train-common area, and Sora shows off a cool new Keyblade transformation??? what if goofy screams

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

Nomura mentioned surprises for this year, so now I am 100% expecting KH V-Cast HD for the PS4 labeled as 2.9. Wonder what Sora was doing that was a secret in the Realm of Sleep? Find out in this (semi) new adventure, with such highlights as Maleficent stirring a cauldron, Sora being stranded on an island, and Goofy's head catching on fire in the final scene!

Muke

whatever
Awards

Nomura mentioned surprises for this year, so now I am 100% expecting KH V-Cast HD for the PS4 labeled as 2.9. Wonder what Sora was doing that was a secret in the Realm of Sleep? Find out in this (semi) new adventure, with such highlights as Maleficent stirring a cauldron, Sora being stranded on an island, and Goofy's head catching on fire in the final scene!
they'd censore goofy's head catching on fire tho

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

muke what are the chances of another goofy fake death in kh3?

Hirokey123

Awards

So Sora's secret is he was relieving the dream of the gummi ship players cast into darkness when they made a new better gummi ship?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I can't say that I am really surprised about the crux of the information we got from these interview snippets.

I've always held a 2017 release date for KH III as extremely optimistic considering not only the massive scope and ground this game has to cover but also the facts that a) it is the first KH game ever to be newly developed for a high end console and b) it is the dev team's first endeavour in a home console title.

With the exception of X Back Cover (which was most likely mostly created by Visual Works or some similar department, but not the game dev team) and BBS 0.2 every other released remaster could save time by reusing assets on a rather wide scale.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Still waiting for an actual release year, I'm sure they know if it's going to come out in 2017 or not, so really hoping he'll just say it. Soon. Next time we get a new trailer, just show 2018 in it or something. I want to know what to prepare for. I mean it's getting less likely all the time that it's comign out this year, but I'm not counting anything out yet.

The Dark Mamba

Awards

Whatever the release date may be, it's not like you are gonna have to wait till let's say late 2018 for anything KH3 related. As long as we get trailers at the major gaming events this year, then that'll qwell me over.

I'm still gonna stick/hope for my March 2018 prediction but Nomura's comments do make it seem like it'll be late 2018. Lord help me if it's 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back