• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New 358/2 days info!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dexter

Hey everyone, the latest book of Nintendo Wii/DS Magazine in Japan has shed a few new light on the KH 358/2 Series, and a blog user was able to take a few info out of it, hopefully we'll see scans in the future. Here is what we do know though.

- The controls on the DS has changed a bit, and now has a different feel from the demo given at Jump Festival. The changes are however much better then how it was at Jump Festa.

- There is an image of Kairi and Riku together, and another image of what looks like Riku is going to be a boss of the game.

- When asked about voices being in the game, it was commented that the capacity of the DS isn't fullly capable enough to have voicing throughout the entire game, but they are working on getting around that.

Source: http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=41428 , and 2ch

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Notice the voice bit. I've been saying that for like. EVER. That the DS isn't fully capable for full on voice acting. Yet nobody believed me. <.<; Either way, they're looking for a way around it, which is good. Great find. ^.^

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Kairi and Riku together? That'd mean they met during the missing year??

For the voice, I really hope there are at least a bit, even not a lot, but since voice are often pointing clue, the voice of 14th member could be a clue...

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Notice the voice bit. I've been saying that for like. EVER. That the DS isn't fully capable for full on voice acting. Yet nobody believed me. <.<;

Uhh, no. The article says the DS isn't capable of voice acting in for every scene in the entire game, but this is not much of an issue because even in KH1 and KH2 not every scene in the entire game had Voice Acting, non-important cutscenes were left to text boxes.

The FF4 remake and Tales of Innocence don't have voice acting in every scene of the game, but both games are considered "fully voiced RPGs", each with a voice acting cast of 20-30 actors. Because the term "fully voiced" means that an extensive cast of VAs were attributed to the main characters and core scenes of the game. FF4 has the majority of the game voice acted, but the article is pointing out that there would be an issue of making the entire game voice acted

Last edited:
D

Divine Light

interesting.....yeah the voice thing kinda stinks that there wont be more. but i like that they changed controls it should be better now which is cool.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Uhh, no, you are incorrect. The DS isn't capable of voice acting in EVERY SCENE, but this is not an issue because even in KH1 and KH2 not EVERY SCENE had Voice Acting, non-important cutscenes were left to text windows.

Quoted for total truth.

Riku and Kairi together? Intriguing. I wonder what that could mean...

And, eh, Riku being a boss isn't the least bit surprising.

I<3Roxas

I am surprised at the voice acting news, I figured the ds couldnt' handle it at all lol. Guess they're learning how to use it better I suppose. I bet that they'll only use it a few times, like the FMVs in CoM. *shrug* glad to hear that the game handles better, i really want this one :D (unlike that completely nonsensical Coded >.>)

Riku as a boss is almost expected by me. IIRC, didn't he and roxas fight twice? once roxaswon and the other riku won right?

But Riku and Kairi together in the year...that is interesting...If they do, then half of her lines in KH2 were lies lol

Alpha_Sonix

Thing is, I've barely seen any DS games using voice acting and I don't really care about the voice acting, as long as they have a few scenes with it, it will be okay, and anyway, I don't think RE: Chain of Memories had voice acting for the worlds anyway, only in Castle Oblivion.

Riku being a boss really isn't suprising but Kairi being in it is, what purpose does she have to be in it, does he visit her without her knowing or something?

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
Uhh, no. The article says the DS isn't capable of voice acting in for every scene in the entire game, but this is not much of an issue because even in KH1 and KH2 not every scene in the entire game had Voice Acting, non-important cutscenes were left to text boxes.

The FF4 remake and Tales of Innocence don't have voice acting in every scene of the game, but both games are considered "fully voiced RPGs", each with a voice acting cast of 20-30 actors. Because the term "fully voiced" means that an extensive cast of VAs were attributed to the main characters and core scenes of the game. FF4 has the majority of the game voice acted, but the article is pointing out that there would be an issue of making the entire game voice acted

Thanks. I realize. That's why I said isn't capable of full on voice acting. By which I meant not in every scene. The same thing you just said.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
You guys shouldn't misinterpret the quote, it's not saying that the DS isn't capable of VA or that 358/2 days will not have voice acting, because Square Enix has already made a game with significant amounts of voice acting, the article is that the issue would be full voice acting throughout the entire game. That is not to say that the game will lack it, but that having every scene with it would be an issue of the storage capacity of the DS cartridge

Chances are you can expect something of a similar format to past KH titles: Voice Acting in the important and FMV cutscenes, text boxes for the less significant ones and NPC dialogue

Thanks. I realize. That's why I said isn't capable of full on voice acting. By which I meant not in every scene. The same thing you just said.

I'm just saying that in the previous times we've had this same argument your stance seemed to have been "There is no DS game with Voice Acting" or "The DS is not capable of voice acting"

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
You're misinterpreting the quote, it's not saying that the DS isn't capable of VA because Square Enix has already made 2 games with significant amounts of voice acting, the article says that the issue would be full voice acting throughout the entire game. That is not to say that the game will lack it, but that having every scene with it would be an issue of the storage capacity of the DS cartridge

Chances are you can expect something of a similar format to past KH titles: Voice Acting in the important and FMV cutscenes, text boxes for the less significant ones and NPC dialogue

Again. Yes. I know. <.< It would be pointless to have voices in EVERY scene. That's why there are the less important text box scenes you mentioned.

I'm just saying that in the previous times we've had this same argument your argument seemed to have been "There is no DS game with Voice Acting" or "The DS is not capable of voice acting"

I know. That was before I knew about FF4, which you informed me about. And I never said it was incapable of it entirely. I just didn't think it could have it in the amounts that say, Kh1 and 2 had it. You see? For instance. The "Phoenix Wright" game series (if you haven't heard of it) is a court game where you can hear "Objection" and other things, but I didn't think that the DS could have the amounts of voice acting that the PS2 Kh titles had. If I said it any other way, I apologize, that isn't what I meant.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
- The controls on the DS has changed a bit, and now has a different feel from the demo given at Jump Festival. The changes are however much better then how it was at Jump Festa.

Sweet!

- There is an image of Kairi and Riku together, and another image of what looks like Riku is going to be a boss of the game.

Obviously he'll be a boss, hence the reason they'll include the duel between Riku and Roxas before Roxas is put in the fake Twilight Town. And Kairi and Riku together? Ooo, Kairi never mentioned that in KH2! Then again, that makes sense, because when Selphie mentions his name, Kairi just smiles and says, "He's far away. But I know we'll see him again some day." Now that I think about it, that's an odd thing to say when the last time she presumably saw him was when he was trapped within Ansem at Hollow Bastion.

- When asked about voices being in the game, it was commented that the capacity of the DS isn't fullly capable enough to have voicing throughout the entire game, but they are working on getting around that.

They would. YEEEEEESSSSSSS!

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
Obviously he'll be a boss, hence the reason they'll include the duel between Riku and Roxas before Roxas is put in the fake Twilight Town. And Kairi and Riku together? Ooo, Kairi never mentioned that in KH2! Then again, that makes sense, because when Selphie mentions his name, Kairi just smiles and says, "He's far away. But I know we'll see him again some day." Now that I think about it, that's an odd thing to say when the last time she presumably saw him was when he was trapped within Ansem at Hollow Bastion.

^I never thought of that. That makes sense.

As to the whole voice acting thing, I really don't care whether or not it happens, but it would be a nice touch.
And it's nice to know that they have improved the game-play, but I guess I wouldn't notice since I've never played the bad version of it. Still, it's nice to know it's been improved.

afrobutt

Silver Member
I am surprised at the voice acting news, I figured the ds couldnt' handle it at all lol. Guess they're learning how to use it better I suppose. I bet that they'll only use it a few times, like the FMVs in CoM. *shrug* glad to hear that the game handles better, i really want this one :D (unlike that completely nonsensical Coded >.>)

Riku as a boss is almost expected by me. IIRC, didn't he and roxas fight twice? once roxaswon and the other riku won right?

But Riku and Kairi together in the year...that is interesting...If they do, then half of her lines in KH2 were lies lol

Kinda. They fought as Riku- Roxas, and Roxas Technically won. Then Riku went all Xehanort (CHEATER) and pwned Roxas T_T

And it's possible that b4 that scene with Selphie and Kairi, Riku talked with Kairi (maybe to see if she still remembered Sora) which might be the reason she could kinda remember So-ra XD.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
wow... i keep seeing ppl say that the DS is not capable for full voice... OF COURSE IT IS! DOESNT IT HAVE SOUND ALL THE WAY THROUGH? look at GameBoy Advance games.... look at the videos they had for GBA games... and even KH COM simple and clean... full song... sure no talking thru the game... but it was possible...

besides there are DS games that have full voice over...ONE for example: Professor Layton & The Curious Village

the matter is really if the company wants to spend the money on it or not....

I<3Roxas

Kinda. They fought as Riku- Roxas, and Roxas Technically won. Then Riku went all Xehanort (CHEATER) and pwned Roxas T_T

And it's possible that b4 that scene with Selphie and Kairi, Riku talked with Kairi (maybe to see if she still remembered Sora) which might be the reason she could kinda remember So-ra XD.

Ok, I see. BTW i remember that scene too...I remember her head bounced as she said it too it was hilarious XD It was reminescent of when she "lost" her heart in KH1..Soooooooorrraaaaaaaaaaa I was so creeped out lol

safire inthe sky

yay!!! this is excitiing, more info on 358/2days. so they changed around the battle feel from how it was, I wonder how different they are making it. so riku being a boss was like one of the most obvious things ever, but kairi being in there with riku that was quite surprising, maybe we might actually get some character devlopement on her. I really hope they find a way to get around the ds voice acting problems, but if not then what ever, it will still be cool!

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better

LOL, you are so behind on many levels. Posts above you explained that the game will have nearly entire voice acting, not like the scenes in CoM. And Coded is exactly as "sensical" as the PSP and DS games. Riku was known to be a boss since probably when the game was announced; this article has screens of it, or so I interpreted.

I have a feeling that Riku is viewing some kind of memory-projection of Kairi, or vise-versa. He definitely did not want to go back to the islands, even at the end of KH2. And Kairi not saying anything about it just gives it 78% more of a chance. They did say that they wanted to display Sora's memories, somehow, maybe through Roxas.......I get the impression that this Kairi is the fourteen year old one.

Awww, why are they always changing the controls? I saw nothing wrong with the last set and thought it was actually really cool. But how can they change it now if they already have a demo? Hm......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back