• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine confusion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

billyzanesucks

So, I've been looking around a little recently, but I still haven't found any official confirmation on exactly what she is made of, despite finding several statements that she is either made of Sora's body and soul and Kairi's heart or simply born out of the interaction between them and is truly made of nothing. I doubt there was any direct confirmation on this issue, but I would like to know about anything.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
She was born from parts of Sora and Kairi, but doesn't possess any of those parts. The whereabouts and 'owners' of Sora and Kairi's various parts (heart, body and soul) were all accounted for while Namine was in 'existence'.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
She was born from parts of Sora and Kairi, but doesn't possess any of those parts. The whereabouts and 'owners' of Sora and Kairi's various parts (heart, body and soul) were all accounted for while Namine was in 'existence'.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
pretty much what Orion said, she was born as kairi's heart left sora's body like any nobody would however roxas was also born, roxas being sora'd nobody was/had his body+soul and kairi's heart returned to her.

thats actually what makes namine so confusing :/ she was born like a nobody but has none of their makeup so to speak, she's literally made of nothing.

billyzanesucks

Well, it's clear she had a heart. She shows strong emotion several times. I don't think it's technically possible for a person to be made of nothing, even in KH. So, I guess Sora just generated a new body for her, the way he got his own physical form back, or it just split. Her heart is the most confusing thing about this. When you think about it, she should have ended up just as normal as Roxas. The only thing different was that Namine was born from Kairi's heart. And the difference between Sora's and Kairi's hearts was that Kairi had no darkness in her heart, and was therefore unable to produce a heartless. With this the case, maybe the heart she should have lost instead went to Namine, giving her the emotions she has. Probably no one else could do the same thing, unless they had a heart of pure light. Eraqus probably would have a nobody, though a normal one.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Well, it's clear she had a heart. She shows strong emotion several times.
Having no heart may not mean that it's impossible to feel emotions. Axel goes to show that.

I don't think it's technically possible for a person to be made of nothing, even in KH. So, I guess Sora just generated a new body for her, the way he got his own physical form back, or it just split.
Well, you'd be going in to speculation territory, if that's okay with you.

When you think about it, she should have ended up just as normal as Roxas. The only thing different was that Namine was born from Kairi's heart.
And the fact that there was only one body involved.

And the difference between Sora's and Kairi's hearts was that Kairi had no darkness in her heart, and was therefore unable to produce a heartless. With this the case, maybe the heart she should have lost instead went to Namine, giving her the emotions she has.

Namine was born from Sora's body being rejected. In other words, she was an indirect effect of Sora's heartless. Otherwise, she would've been born the first time Kairi lost her heart.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Having no heart may not mean that it's impossible to feel emotions. Axel goes to show that.

Namine was born from Sora's body being rejected. In other words, she was an indirect effect of Sora's heartless. Otherwise, she would've been born the first time Kairi lost her heart.

She did have a Heart. She is what is known as a "Special Nobody".

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Being a special nobody has nothing to do with having a heart or not. It's not even fully confirmed that Naminé even is a nobody at all, DiZ (Ansem the Wise) only called her that in his reports since he had no better description for her.

Eraqus won't have a nobody going by the actual knowledge we have now. As for a nobody to be born the heart must be lost to darkness (aka a heartless is born) which does not happen with Eraqus.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
She did have a Heart.
No she didn't. Point out something that definitively says she did.
She is what is known as a "Special Nobody".
No, she's a sort of being we don't have a name for. Only the process by which she was created was like that of a Nobody, and even then it was highly irregular.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
No she didn't. Point out something that definitively says she did.
No, she's a sort of being we don't have a name for. Only the process by which she was created was like that of a Nobody, and even then it was highly irregular.

She is a combination of three peoples' identities to create her, yet has her own personality.

She is a special kind of nothingness.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Pretty much the epitome of nothingness in KH, really. Still 'existent' but composed of nothing.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
That's not how nothingness works :3
Perhaps like macroscopic virtual particles of vacuum energy.

billyzanesucks

I guess a lot of the nobodies display emotion at one time or another, so I'll have to give you that one.
I'd say it's more of an opinion or philosophical standpoint. She had a physical existence, she was born from Sora's body and soul. To distinguish between Sora's, Roxas's, and Namine's body is just splitting hairs.
For both Roxas and Namine. Who were born at the same time. Like I said, the situation is practically the same.
Namine was born from Sora's body being rejected. In other words, she was an indirect effect of Sora's heartless.
If you're saying that Namine didn't actually have anything of Kairi's, she wouldn't have needed to return to her.
Otherwise, she would've been born the first time Kairi lost her heart.
I can't argue against that. But you can't exactly say that Namine had not been given anything from Kairi.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
There is some sort of coherent* explanation for Namine's "existence", but we don't yet know what it is. The fact that Vexen wrote a report titled "The Truth About Namine" says as much, and the fact that it hasn't been released means that Nomura and the writers haven't puzzled it out yet.

*This being a relative term.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
There is some sort of coherent* explanation for Namine's "existence", but we don't yet know what it is. The fact that Vexen wrote a report titled "The Truth About Namine" says as much, and the fact that it hasn't been released means that Nomura and the writers haven't puzzled it out yet.

*This being a relative term.

Too bad Vexen got that backburner.

:(

Nayru's Love

Awards
I guess a lot of the nobodies display emotion at one time or another, so I'll have to give you that one.
Not other Nobodies so much as it's just Axel in particular. I'm not saying that Namine's emotions weren't genuine, to which I think they were.

I'd say it's more of an opinion or philosophical standpoint. She had a physical existence, she was born from Sora's body and soul. To distinguish between Sora's, Roxas's, and Namine's body is just splitting hairs.

Well, Sora and Roxas clearly didn't share the same body. As for Roxas and Namine, there's been no mention of the possibility of bodies having a dual-existence, as opposed to the possibility of Namine being made of nothing.

For both Roxas and Namine. Who were born at the same time. Like I said, the situation is practically the same.

If Namine was as much of a copy of Sora's body as Roxas was, she could've just put all the memories of Sora into her. That, and it was still Sora's body exclusively.

If you're saying that Namine didn't actually have anything of Kairi's, she wouldn't have needed to return to her.

I can't argue against that. But you can't exactly say that Namine had not been given anything from Kairi.

Oh no, Kairi definitely was an influence over Namine, don't get me wrong. Otherwise, Namine wouldn't have ended up as a girl.

billyzanesucks

Eraqus won't have a nobody going by the actual knowledge we have now. As for a nobody to be born the heart must be lost to darkness (aka a heartless is born) which does not happen with Eraqus.
I was actually referring to the part when AX gave into darkness. Eraqus may have had a nobody, using Xehanort's body and soul. MX could have a nobody too, though likely not the same way, because of the fusion of his and Terra's hearts. I'd imagine it would be his old body brought back.
Not other Nobodies so much as it's just Axel in particular. I'm not saying that Namine's emotions weren't genuine, to which I think they were.
Are you saying there's something special about Axel specifically? Sounds possible; he did show more than any other members besides Roxas and Xion. But as for most others having real emotions:
A Nobody's main characteristic is that without a heart they use memories to form the parts of a personality and emotions.
They don't have real emotions, they just know how they should feel, and replicate it.
Well, Sora and Roxas clearly didn't share the same body. As for Roxas and Namine, there's been no mention of the possibility of bodies having a dual-existence, as opposed to the possibility of Namine being made of nothing.
What I mean is that all three bodies were generated by Sora. Namine was created when Kairi's heart left Sora's body. A nobody is made of the body used in its creation, so a new body was created for her to have a physical existence.
If Namine was as much of a copy of Sora's body as Roxas was, she could've just put all the memories of Sora into her. That, and it was still Sora's body exclusively.
Yes, but the very fact that she had that power is proof of her connection. I just don't think this really matters, it's mainly a matter of perspective.
Oh no, Kairi definitely was an influence over Namine, don't get me wrong. Otherwise, Namine wouldn't have ended up as a girl.
Um. . . okay. It just sort of sounded like you were saying that Namine didn't actually have anything of Kairi's. I guess I didn't really understand what you were saying.

Nayru's Love

Awards
I was actually referring to the part when AX gave into darkness. Eraqus may have had a nobody, using Xehanort's body and soul. MX could have a nobody too, though likely not the same way, because of the fusion of his and Terra's hearts. I'd imagine it would be his old body brought back.
It depends on how many hearts were expelled from Xehanort's body. So far, we know of only one, that being XH.

Are you saying there's something special about Axel specifically? Sounds possible; he did show more than any other members besides Roxas and Xion.
Precisely. I believe his connection with Sora and Roxas gave him the ability to feel emotions. The same can be said for Namine.

What I mean is that all three bodies were generated by Sora. Namine was created when Kairi's heart left Sora's body. A nobody is made of the body used in its creation, so a new body was created for her to have a physical existence.
While Namine does have a body of some sort, I don't think it can be classified as the same type of bodies that make up complete beings and Nobodies.

Yes, but the very fact that she had that power is proof of her connection. I just don't think this really matters, it's mainly a matter of perspective.
She has power over his memories as a result of being created through his body. That doesn't necessarily mean that she's made of it, just that she's connected to it.

Come to think of it, if Namine was basically Sora's body split...Why did Ven's heart stick with just Roxas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back