• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MySpace Bans Gay Option

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Hearts

I think it's pretty unbelievable that, of all sites, MySpace would do this kind of thing.

This is a bulletin posted by ML.
It seems that the famously anti-gay ex-Australian Rupert Murdoch (he gave up his Australian citizenship to become an American) is attempting to push his own agenda on the social networking site Myspace that he bought a few years back.

Myspace no longer lets you select “gay” as a sexual preference on the site when you sign up, nor does it allow you to change your sexual preference to “gay”.

Don’t believe us? Try it out for yourself by clicking on “Edit Profile” and then “Background and Lifestyle” if you’re on Rupert’s site.

Murdoch is well known for his anti-gay stance. Speaking to the Independent in the UK last year about gay marriage, he said: “I believe it is wrong. I’m considered homophobic and crazy about these things and old fashioned. But I think that the family – father, mother, children – is fundamental to our civilisation.”

Is is a meaningless bug or a meaningful message? Either way, Rupert better get back to writing some code to fix it. You don’t want to be on the receiving end of a flotilla of fags, trust us.

Discuss.

Personally, I think it was done on purpose. And a lot of people might be angry about this.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
According to Tom, it was a bug and is being fixed because "Bi" and "Lesbian" were still available to pick. Thus making, the whole ordeal seem stupid and out of place.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
yeah this is stupid who cares about that. yeah i heard it was a bug to anyway so the thing is that we wont see myspace drown anytime soon

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
What on earth constitutes this as Intel baffles me completely...

SN pretty much covered what we all wanted to say...

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Like everyone else, I agree with Ninja.

Also, this is Rupert ****ing Murdoch we're talking about. It's not surprising he'd go and do something like this. He's a pretty infamous guy.

Henskie

I'm Batman
ARG if any of you actually had a myspace Tom (aka the owner of myspace) posted an announcement saying it was a glitch not any kind of statement and he is working on fixing it. Plus myspace is like the ugly step sister of facebook I just keep it around to practice HTML

D

Deleted member 36435

ARG if any of you actually had a myspace Tom (aka the owner of myspace) posted an announcement saying it was a glitch not any kind of statement and he is working on fixing it. Plus myspace is like the ugly step sister of facebook I just keep it around to practice HTML
That made me lol so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back