• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Favorite _________ is __________

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
This is a thread for posting one of your favorite things (or more). When you post, please give a reason for why you like this thing, so that others might be able to get on board with you! You may also post more than once (you like more than just 1 thing!) but you may NOT comment on another post. Fill in the blanks beforehand so people know what you're trying to say. I'll kick it off!
My Favorite Fairytale is: Peter Pan

I love the story of Peter Pan. The original books, the spinoff books, the symbolism, and above all; the idea of never growing up. Yeah, we don't ALL wanna be kids forever, but it would be wonderful to have that kind of freedom! Playing outside all day with your friends, eating and sleeping whenever you want, and basically having no qualms about ANYTHING!

Bookwise, ther are tons of them. Peter and the Starcatchers series, Tiger Lily, Peter and Wendy, Peter Pan and the Only Children, Neverland, Hook, The Lost Girls, Tigerheart, and The Child Thief are just a few. The books all have varying takes on the story, and each one ties in very well to the originals and general plot. A few are very non-fantastical, with no real magic, either, but they're just as unique!

Symbolism is when an object or thing stands for another, or portrays it in some way. Flying, for instance, is the great "freedom" that we all cherish. Even if you're afraid of heights, you've probly imagined what it was like to be a bird before. The clock that Captain Hook despises is simply an object that tells time, particularly that it is HIS time, which all adults fear. The crocodile is simply a means to an end, but the telltale "ticking" is what really matters. Shadows, pirates, orphans, mermaids; they're all symbollistic.

Sora424

Banned
my favorite song is Come and Get It - Krewella

this song is so upbeat and i just love dub step now because of this song, this song is great for parties.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
My Favorite Comedy Author is John Schartzwelder

His books are just hilarious! The Time Machine Did It is probably my favorite. His style of writing is, in the midst of describing a scene, he'll just throw something in he background that doesn't really make sense, but never feels out of place in his universe either.

Sora424

Banned
my favorite drink is coca cola vanilla

i don't know why it's my favorite soda to drink but it's just so darn good. im not a huge fan on regular coca cola but vanilla is pretty darn good.

Gram

Banned
Awards
My favorite season is autumn/fall

It's always been the most pleasant season where I live. Summers are to humid, spring has to many allergies and winter is just a rainy mess. Plus it's probably the most beautiful season due to how many trees there are and all the shades of changing colors you'll see. Which is quite a statement cause even though I consider snow the most beautiful thing on this planet, we hardly get any cause our winters suck.

SugarToppedLove

Website
www.youtube.com
My Favorite Movie is Nightmare before Christmas

Tim Burton's work for this movie made it so magical, but I
also loved the fact that he mix a demented dark world with
that of a happy jolly world. It reminded me of my own views
on my world.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
My Favorite Drink is Regular Mountain Dew.

Ever since childhood, it's been my favorite soda to drink. I used to get it with M&M's from, the gas station whenever I went somewhere over the weekend. Now, I drink it because, it goes so well with almost everything I eat. Unless I consume too much sugar beforehand then, I get all bubbly and have a sugar rush. :D

Sora424

Banned
my favorite cartoon is regular show.

i dont know why but that show i can relate to in so many ways. just the characters and the short stories and the points they make about real life is what really makes this show shine. also mark hamill plays skips so it's a win win for me and my friends because we just so happened to be big star wars freaks.

Gram

Banned
Awards
My favorite show when I was younger is Dragon Ball Z

I lived for that show and waited for it every weekday~ The action just captivated the younger me's mind. xD

My Favorite Movie is Nightmare before Christmas

Tim Burton's work for this movie made it so magical, but I
also loved the fact that he mix a demented dark world with
that of a happy jolly world. It reminded me of my own views
on my world.

Love that movie <3 TuT

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
My Favorite Toy is Swampy the TY Beanie Baby
Childish, I know, but have you ever had a toy that you loved SO much that you bought it 3 times? I have!

My babysitter, Tammy, bought it for me when I was 4. I saw this really cute alligator toy sitting outside of the Hallmark store in our mall one day on a grocery run. I begged her for it cuz my birthday was gonna be soon, and she got it for me. I cut the tag off the original and played with him for AGES. I adored him. I lost him one day and never found him a couple years later. I was so upset that my mom bought me another. It wasn't my original, but I still played with it all the same :3 When we moved a couple years after THAT, I lost him again. So I bought a new on myself, and he's still with me. Through thick and thin I have always had a Swampy, and I hope that's not like to change. TY Beanie Babies have always had a place in our home, and we got them every Christmas and Easter and birthday. I'm gonna carry that tradition!

Here's what his tag says:
Swampy
DOB: January 24, 2000

Through the murky swamps I glide
My yellow eyes I try to hide
I drift as silent as a log
A friend to you and every frog!

(silly, yes, but I think it's what made me appreciate poetry, and give me my love for alligators ;3)

SugarToppedLove

Website
www.youtube.com
My favorite instrument is the Guitar

even though it is a common instrument it can make many types
of music, rough, sweet, dark, it can transform from one to another.

Gram

Banned
Awards
My favorite cereal is a tie between trix and lucky charms

Always has been, trix is so fruity and lucky charms and marshmallows just hnnnn <3

noxious.sunshine

my favorite book is The Chronicles of Narnia Series and Enrique's Journey by Sonia Nazario.

And Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

Enrique's Journey is about a boy who makes the long and dangerous trip from Honduras (or El Salvador? I forget which now) to the United States to be with his mother who left him when he was little to find work state side to better support her children and family. Illegally, of course. The author found Enrique along the border and then re-traced his steps - going back to Tegucigalpa and riding the trains up through Mexico and then the U.S. and interviewed his family, other migrants making the trip, priests and volunteer workers who help them along the way. And she posts updates every now and then on Enrique, his girlfriend, daughter, and everyone else. And I've actually emailed her myself because the last update is from like 2011 and asked about them all and she was kind enough to respond.

I re-read this book like every 6 months or so. And then I wind up watching "La Misma Luna" (Under the Same Moon) which is essentially the exact same thing. The boy leaves Mexico to go find his mother in California after his Grandmother passes away.

Gram

Banned
Awards
My favorite Legend of Zelda is Ocarina of Time.

There's just so much nostalgia for me, I used to sit and watch my older cousins play it and I was even able to get their golden cartridge version of it for myself later on. It's not just nostalgia either I just really love to play this particular game~
One thing I've never quite figured out though is how my cousins succeeded in stealing epona as a child link.

Xane_Moreau

My favorite Hobby is Misc. Writing

I don't know why, but sometimes I just have the urge to write something. It can be a slightly connected series of short stories, or just a random jumble, but it is always just a flash of inspiration followed by a massive spurt of imaginative story telling, to the point of sometimes building a small world in my head just to develop a character thoroughly.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
My Favorite Composer is Hans Zimmer

Surprisingly this was a pretty hard choice for me....
The guy is a Genius
Some of his works
This Land (Lion King)
King of Pride Rock (Lion King)
Time (Inception)
Battle (Gladiator)

Other notable sound tracks
- Batman Dark Knight series
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- COD MW2

lorrieclaudia

My favorite cartoon show was Jonny quest when i was small.

The concept of virtual world at that time which seemed impossible fascinated me a lot.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
My favourite drink is lemonade. All that sugary goodness that's really bad for you.

Gram

Banned
Awards
My favorite Keyblade is Fenrir.

Mostly because it's the only one that's been based on a modern house/car key. Makes it a bit more unique to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back