• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Fanart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I just want to make something clear;

I am not about to flame you.

Okay, now that thats out of the way, I think you should use a guide when you draw. For instance, in my more recent drawing's that I haven't put up on the internet yet I have used a guide. I draw bones in hands and I use shapes for the body's before I decide to draw in the character's flesh.

And I just want to put out the option of colouring on the computer, if you have a program simlar to GIMP or PS, I hear they are good programs to colour in.

I also think that you should take the cnc you asked for. You put your art out in the open for people to comment on, and not everyone is going to sugar-coat their cnc. And if some people throw out an insult, get over it. Improve and show them that you can be better, and maybe they will eventually warm up to your art when you get better.

I diden't say i only draw anime I choose to, I can draw realistic drawing too in which I do use real proportions and I know im good at it so I don't need to listen to your negative comments, Ive taken 3 art classes already and when you have some art professional teacher come from a art college just to come see your work and tells you that it is great and they want you to go to their college I think that means your good at what you do

I would like to see them, if you feel like showing them.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Well fucking excuse me for doing what you wanted me to do. I gave you my opinion and you just took a shit on it. Art isn't something that everyone agrees on. If this art pro really says you are awesome, either that is his opinion or he is blind. I was trying to be nice before but you seem to be stuck on dipshit mode.

Don't post it if you can't hear about its flaws. Seriously, its incredibly unprofessional to throw a tantrum over this.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Did I say I was the best no I didn't I said I was good at what I do and I have also had someone tell I am good, that was a professional and they really do know what their talking about, so I don't need you guys giving me crap
ATC_by_dbads1jon.jpg
see I can also draw realistically, and you cant possibly tell me this is bad it might not be perfect but you cant say its bad
No that's pretty bad.

keyblademasterja

Showdown thank you for your comment i was getting tired of these guys worthless comments and i will take your advice to drawing bones first sounds like a excellent way to get it right, and do people like when you draw and color on gimp better the free hand drawings in pencil ive would like to know because i usally just like drawing with pencil its faster that way, ive tried using gimp but im not really sure how to use it properly yet but i guess i can keep trying if thats what people like

, oh and Ulti im sorry i wasn't really talking about you just was pointing out i dident say that, and i guess you guys are right i just need to take critizm and get over it and try harder it just made me mad because you guys were just completely telling me how bad I was without giving me advice to try and make it better

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
That gives you no right to start to bad mouth SN on his artwork. The only reason why gramps felt a need to jump in because you overreacted to your first critic. My advice is to never ever use markers again. They leak and smudge easily.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
Showdown thank you for your comment i was getting tired of these guys worthless comments and i will take your advice to drawing bones first sounds like a excellent way to get it right, and do people like when you draw and color on gimp better the free hand drawings in pencil ive would like to know because i usally just like drawing with pencil its faster that way, ive tried using gimp but im not really sure how to use it properly yet but i guess i can keep trying if thats what people like

, oh and Ulti im sorry i wasn't really talking about you just was pointing out i dident say that, and i guess you guys are right i just need to take critizm and get over it and try harder it just made me mad because you guys were just completely telling me how bad I was without giving me advice to try and make it better

Well, if you draw in pencil, then scan your art, then colour it in GIMP it could turn out much better. I haven't ever used GIMP, but there are some tutorials you can read for colouring in GIMP.
And if you take time to draw (an hour and a half, at least), and don't do a whole drawing in ten minutes then your art could turn out great.

Also, there are some people who do colour their art with Copic Markers, and they do turn out nice. But I do hear that Copic Markers are very expensive.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Also, there are some people who do colour their art with Copic Markers, and they do turn out nice. But I do hear that Copic Markers are very expensive.

Copic markers =/= any old marker. Copic were made for real art. And you still shouldn't use them unless you are pretty damn sure how to use them correctly.

keyblademasterja

Showdown that's a good idea, im going to try it on the next drawing i start and see if it comes out better thanks for the advice i never really tried to scan and then turn it digital but i will try it, and ulti ill take your advice on the markers too i wasent going to color it with marker at first but i thought it kinda looked a little plain with out it i know it was a mistake now, but i got it ask was it at least funny

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
Copic markers =/= any old marker. Copic were made for real art. And you still shouldn't use them unless you are pretty damn sure how to use them correctly.

Oh, okay.

I have never used them before, so thanks for the info.

And your welcome, keyblademasterja.

Subtly Inspiring
Did I say I was the best no I didn't I said I was good at what I do and I have also had someone tell I am good, that was a professional and they really do know what their talking about, so I don't need you guys giving me crap
ATC_by_dbads1jon.jpg
see I can also draw realistically, and you cant possibly tell me this is bad it might not be perfect but you cant say its bad

You're honestly not very good at all. I'd love to know which art schools have approached you, because I feel like your compliments were received more out of pity than anything else.

You seem to have trouble with pencils. Like, you don't really know how to use them. I'd suggest using mechanical pencils over standard wooden pencils, simply because your drawings are smudged and lack any kind of detail.

You're not horrible, but you aren't good either. Mediocre at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back