• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~Moonlight Legends~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GodofDeath

Aeriona's Guardian
“The same goes for me as well.” Victor said as he lifted his head up from staring at the ground and looked at Olivya once again after hearing her say she was thankful but wouldn’t be able to forgive herself if he had been hurt.
“I mean if I knew you were in trouble and I do absolutely nothing to try and help…I don’t think I would be able to forgive myself either if you got hurt while I was just standing idly by.” Victor said before clenching he fist and wondering if he had awakened the supposed werewolf ability inside him only because he wanted to help someone in trouble or was there more too why he had originally transformed, more to Olivya. Turning his head, Victor stared in the direction of where he could hear someone quickly approaching them. Within a few moments Faith came into his line of vision and a subtle smirk came across his face after realizing that normally he most likely wouldn’t have been able to keep his eyes up with how fast she was moving but now was an entirely different case.

“Thanks and sorry about making you get my clothes for me.” Victor said after watching Faith place his clothes on the ground for him. She could have least handed them to me. Victor thought as he stared at his clothes lying on the dirty floor of the forest and was somewhat annoyed about that.
“…Sorry, I should probably just be thankful that you did this for me.” Victor said trying to apologize as quickly as possible for his thoughts as he head he forget for a second about how Faith was apparently able to read minds, considering how she was easily able to find and get into his gym locker.
“It’s probably bad for like your whole vampire image to be helping out a werewolf, right?” Victor asked as began to walk over to his clothes on the ground, after hearing Faith say she should go. Though he did not truly understand the whole situation but he could somewhat tell by the way Faith seemed to be acting even in real life vampires and werewolves most likely weren’t to fond of one another.
“I guess I should go and put these one then.” Victor said after picking up his clothes and looking at the two young ladies before walking away behind a tree and a few bushes, deeper into the woods.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
There are very few ways to cut vampire skin. One of them, obviously, is vampire teeth; another way is with the claws or fangs of a werewolf.

The last known way--the one that Renee knew and Rein had discounted--were any weapons at the disposal of a transformed vampire. Even though Renee didn't have her customary venom, she was still able to slice Rein's skin with her teeth; the shock of the damage caused Rein to drop the small feline, who instantly bolted, however, Rein was quickly on her tail.

Zig-zagging away, Renee felt her belly fur brush the grass as she streaked away. But she loosed a hiss as she saw Melody just ahead of her. Having seen the Savannah, Melody reached out to capture her. Performing a sharp turn, Renee then saw Rein closing in.

Righting her turn, Renee flew between the sisters when she suddenly felt a stone-hard hand grip her scruff for a second time. But it wasn't until she felt the barest tug against her throat that she realized her mistake: that Melody hadn't been trying to catch her; instead, she had thrown something to Rein. Then with a cold chill raising her hackles, Renee heard the clasp of the small gold bracelet snap together with the finality of a prison cell door slamming home...imprisoning her to be the servant to her jailor...damning her to obey the slightest wish of her...MASTER...for as long as the hated collar remained around her neck, choking away her freedom.

There was no other word for it; Renee went beserk. Spinning around, she raised her paw, claws bared. Spying Suzaku standing close by Melody, she raked her paw toward him; but Rein, having gained control over her, simply uttered the word: "Stop!"

Renee froze, unable to make her muscles obey her. Giving vent to her frustration, she began yowling and hissing at the top of her feline voice. It was a good thing that she was stuck in cat form now; the insults, had they been understandable, would have left everyone's ears burning, and a few ready to kill her.

Placing on the ground the cage that Melody had brought with the bracelet, Rein opened the door and commanded firmly, "Get in there Renee. Now!"

Once again, Renee found that she had to obey. Unwillingly, her paws carried her forward toward her cell. The only thought that raised above her seething hatred was that her life before now, bad as it was, had been heaven. Here on out, it was bound to be hell.

~------------~

OOC: That is enough for now. And in case you haven't seen it: VERY IMPORTANT!!, check out the addition to my siggy; it's right under the quote.

Last edited:

xzer0x92

"Andy what's going on?"

Andrew replied, "He is the one who killed the girl . . ." But he was suddenly interrupted when Alrick said,

"I would watch my tone if I were you, you sad little mutt. That is, unless you wish your little friend over there a terrible fate? Maybe I'll make her a vampire! Wouldn't it be ironic? The thing you care for the most turned into the thing you hate most?"

Hearing that last remark made him go insane. He yelled back, "Like hell you will!! You'll never touch her!!!" Before he pounced, the leech continued,

"Regardless, I do not attend to fight you. Never did. None of this even concerned you wolves in the first place. Now, if you poor excuses for werewolves would, get out of my sight and leave me to piece."

A low growl of defeat escaped his lips. Realizing he was naked, he quickly put on the pants tied around his leg and whispered, "Sorry Lace . . ." Depressed that he couldn't stop a death and powerless to enforce the treaty, he slowly said, "Riley, just follow us until we get back to the elders, then phase back . . ."

Talking to both of them, he said, "Let's go . . ."

Awards
Just an Observer

"A vampire, just like you."

A cold gust of air. Wet drops of water falling from leaves. The loud crashing of whole trees. All of these things and more surrounded Suzaku. They completely engulfed him in the atmosphere of the moment. But none of them made him shiver or quake more than Renee's simple statement. Vam...pire... he thought slowly for a moment, letting the knowledge sink in ever so slowly into his already rattled brain. At this point...the only sensible reaction would be to scream and run away, never considering to look back. Yet, for some odd reason, he stayed. Why? He couldn't exactly tell...It could of been out of fear for Rein, out pure curiosity, or even the desire to know every facet of the truth. It was obviously a mixture of all three...but at that moment the ability to order thoughts was totally lost to him. This...isn't real... he thought just as a chunk of wood flew by his face, This...can't be real... It almost seemed like every nuance of reality he believed in was shattered in 5-10 minutes. The final thing to cross his mind was the fact he could do nothing to stop them. It was obvious that trying to step between them would only leave him dead.

He stared in amazement, fear, and awe for a few moments as the fight went on. The first thing to somewhat break him out of his trance was Melody, who he knew was Rein's sister. "Hello," Melody muttered. Surprised, and slightly afraid, he jumped back and quickly muttered, "Hey...sorry..." In his head he was already rationalizing the fact that she was probably a vampire also. She has to be a vampire also he thought for a moment, But she can't be like Renee...she doesn't seem obsessed with my blood. This calmed him down slightly...just enough to regain control of his actions. After watching for a few moments he couldn't take it any more. The instinct of self preservation kicked in, making him run full speed towards his car. He didn't care if the vampires could beat him there by 10 minutes. All he wanted to do was get away. As he ran branches cut his exposed hands and face. Warm blood trickled down the lacerations and dripped onto the forest floor. Within about 15 minutes he reached his lone black Volvo that was parked (rather badly) along the side of the road. In a single swift movement he unlocked the door, jumped in, and started the car. Without putting on his seat belt he made his way back towards the town at 80mph.

All of this could of been avoided... Suzaku thought as he sped past the dense forest, If I just stayed in bed this morning. Part of him felt safe and glad he left while the other was quite pissed with his previous action. He regretted leaving Rein there...with that...insane stalker. When he reached the fringes of the town he slowed to a stop at the side of the road and pressed his forehead to the wheel of the car. A few tears slid down his face, smearing the dried blood. At that moment, he didn't care about the fact she was a...vampire...all he cared about was her safety. But in the end he was just an observer of the events of that night. Just...an observer and nothing more.

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
The fight was finally over; Rein half-heard the comments of her new friends and nodded in agreement. She almost smiled...ALMOST...as she heard Renee's enraged howling coming unceasingly from deep inside the steel cage. She couldn't find any joy, no relief from the fight's end, not even when Melody turned some sound waves on Renee to make her shut up.

Her eyes clouding with pain, Rein's thoughts ran wild as she thought of Suzaku; wondering if he was okay, or if he would EVER wish to speak to or see her again. Closing her eyes, Rein recalled everything with perfect clarity. Suzaku frozen in fear while Renee whispered in his ear, launching herself into Renee's chest; the fight that followed with Suzaku still watching them, still frozen in place until he jumped because of Melody's soft hello.

Rein's breath suddenly came in sharp gasps, yet she still continued to recall everything. How Suzaku watched a little longer and then fled from them, the branches and twigs slashing at his face, hands and any other bare skin they could reach. The scent of his blood drifting back to her on the cool night breeze. Tempting her to go after him, as he got in his car and fled from there, out of reach of the psycho that had tried to kill him. And, very possible, out of her life forever.

Her eyes snapping open, Rein looked around, fighting to control the pain as she stared at one vampire then another. She watched as Melody caught a rat and, quickly flinging it at Renee, Melody snapped here's a snack, now shut the hell up!! Catching Melody's gaze, Rein looked quickly away, trying to ignore the look on Melody's face; knowing that she would lose control if she saw it. Taking in a shaky breath, Rein looked at her twin and regretted it instantly, Rein saw her own terror mirrored in Melody's eyes.

Watching as Melody carefully glided over, Rein still jumped when Melody whispered in her ear, “What are you going to do?”

Looking away, Rein stammered, "I-I d-d-don't know, Melody."

Unable to move, Rein stared for what seemed like an eternity thinking about Suzaku, how he nearly died that evening...because of her mistake. If she had only told him "no" when he'd asked her about dinner, if she had at least made sure he had gotten home safe. Oh God, if she had never left him in the first place! Then none of this would have happened; Rein could have avoided it if she'd never come to Forks in the first place.

Gathering her thoughts in order, Rein turned to Melody and answered firmly, "You take Renee, have everyone else come with you and go home. I'll be there a little later, after I make sure Suzaku's safe."

Rein knew how Melody was feeling, uncertain if leaving her like this was the right thing to do Melody looked at Rein and whispered, "Are you sure?"

Smiling to reassure her, Rein saw the concern written on Melody's face. She could only nod and whispered, almost too low for even Melody to hear her, "Positive Mel."

She held Melody's gaze, neither of them saying anything. Finally Melody muttered "Then you should hurry, the longer he's out here, the more danger he's in."

Rein gave a brief nod in agreement, knowing all too well the dangers that came out during this time, not to mention the fact that he was obviously in shock...and driving on the twisting roads was dangerous enough anyway. As Melody turned to head back to the others, Rein murmured softly, "Mel? I might not be back for awhile..." She listened as Melody stopped moving, frozen in place by this comment. Rein knew that Melody was thinking the same thing she was. Quickly to cover her mistake, Rein whispered softly, "I'll come back, I promise."

Turning her back, Rein couldn't bear to see the pain on her sister's face. She didn't want Melody to see the anguish on hers. Keeping her back to Melody, her frozen heart broke as Melody whispered for her alone, "I understand, take your time, but don't be gone TOO long." With that, Rein listened as Melody allowed her feet to carry her the rest of the way to the others.

Glancing over her shoulder to look at them, Rein watched Melody motion for them to follow her, and left her alone to search for the boy who she loved for more than her own life.

~- A little while later -~

Alone at last, Rein thought about Suzaku, how she had seen him in the woods that night; his face a frozen mask of terror. His beautiful chocolate brown eyes were glazed over...lifeless, like a twin pair of glass marbles. His gentle lips... unsmiling, with a hideous blue hue from the chill. His dark hair was the only part that seemed alive as it was ruffled by the brisk Fork's evening breeze. Knowing his gentle soul, his beautiful spirit, had nearly been lost forever.

Rein could no longer hold back the flow of tears. As the hot, streaming wetness flowed down her cheeks, Rein was stunned. Sitting down, she brought her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, staring into the distance as she thought about everything.

She thought she was unable to cry.... Not for the unspeakable, unending, all consuming, burning lake of fire pain of becoming a vampire. Not for the inconsolable death of her parents. Nothing had ever touched her soul the way that the thought of losing this handsome boy she loved could touch her now. Nothing in her entire existence mattered more than Suzaku, and knowing he was safe. There were two things she cared for more than anything: her sister Melody, and that kind hearted boy, Suzaku.

Rein would gladly burn in the pits of Hell to save him from what he had just seen, what he had just experienced. From knowing that life wasn't just rose-colored glasses and sunshine...it was dark and dismal, unfair and cruel.

The tears finally began to ebb. Knowing what she must do, Rein slowly came to her feet. Shaking, she slowly and carefully sampled the air. Catching Suzaku's scent, she began to....track him. As she breathed in the gentle, sweet scent of the boy, she knew that first, she would find him...try to talk to him, try to see...what?

Hey, Suzaku, sorry about that bit back in the woods. I know you almost died, but, hey, wanna be friends anyway? Yeah, my sister is a vampire too, as was everybody else that was there, but not all of them think you'd be a tasty snack.... she smiled at the sarcasm...yeah, really. If that line worked...well he definetly needed a mental hospital or something...cause he was NUTS!!! Sighing at the pointlessness, Rein started moving in the direction Suzaku had taken.

If he didn't think SHE was crazy before, what must he think about her now? Well, first things first...would he even talk to her? Give her the chance to see if he was okay and try to explain? Seeing his car on the side of the road, surprise came to her face for a moment before she regained control of her emotions. Not wanting to startle him, again, she slowly approached...thinking, thinking. All she could do was try. If he couldn't accept her now, she knew that she would remain in Forks, watching him from a distance. Rein knew she would never return to the school, never let him see her face until if ever he was ready to talk to her first.

Knowing the finality of this, it would be like she had dropped off the face of the Earth, and if he choose NEVER to speak to her again...that this could become the sole meaning of her miserable existence? Taking one final breath to steady herself, Rein carefully tapped on the window of Suzaku's car.....

Last edited:

stripes

Time Is A Mysterious Thing
"Sorry Lace . . ."

She looked at him confused. Why was he sorry? Well the point he was standing in front of her naked was one thing, but there was depression in his voice. She wanted to rub his face and assured him that everything would be okay, but her hands could not move, because the man's voice still ranged in her ear. ...Vampire....Ironic....Hate.... He threaten her life and with that came problems with Andy. Now he was upset and she felt like it was her fault, she was in the way.

"Let's go . . ."

As she followed along side him she looked back at the vampire. His head was not turn to hers so she couldn't see his face, but her heart stirred, she held onto Andy's hand afraid of what that meant. She looked up at him, he was still depressed, their hands touching could not make him feel any better. She bit her lip and took in a deep breathe as they headed back to La Push.

When they were finally in front of the building where the elders were. Lacey pulled Andy to the side into the shadows, she didn't know how she was going to bring him back, but this side of him she didn't like, and she never wanted to see again. As he stood in front of her wondering what was wrong, she shook her head in content and smiled up at him. She started to think that when did he become so tall, when did he become someone she couldn't recognize, she lifted her hands up to his face, his body burning hot, but all it was was nuke warm to her hands. He closed his eyes feel her touch, she smiled and kept rubbing his face, softly. This made him feel better, she stood on her toes to kiss him softly, she smiled at him as they broke the kiss. He looked down at her.

"I don't remember much of the legends, but I remember vampires and wolves. I know that you are suppose to protect the people of La Push, your love one, and most importantly the treaty. You did not fail, I was in the way and you were not able to do what was needed and I'm sorry, but do not blame yourself for what happened? She was dead before you got there, you couldn't have done anything about it."

She kept rubbing his face to calm him down, because it seemed the more she talked about the death the more his face turned with agony.

"But you can... Andrew you are a strong person and you do what is needed. Don't let this one thing effect you, you are better then this. Whenever I fail a test, you always remind me that it was just a off day, I will do better and I always do. Today is just your off day... You will do better..."

She looked up at him and smiled, his brown eyes gleaming.

"I know you will... I have faith in you and Riley of course..."

She laughed softly trying to make the situation humerous.

Awards
Differentia

Minutes felt like hours as Suzaku kept his head against the cold, leather wheel. The tears stung his open cuts and the freezing weather made his entire body shiver. He wasn't sure how long he would remain there, almost motionless. Even his thoughts slowed to a halt. The only thing that was revolving around in his head was the word 'vampire.' He could hear his phone vibrating under the passenger seat, obviously his parents calling repeatedly. The only thing he told them in a quick voice mail after school was that he was going on a date. It was rather late into the night, Suzaku himself had no clue, and was probably way past his curfew. Slowly, he moved his hands to the car keys and turned the vehicle on. He had no intention of moving yet...he just wanted to turn the heater on. It was bad enough to come home covered in blood and cuts, if he came home with hypothermia his mom would go into a full blown panic attack. Within a few moments the windshields became fogged, like they always do when he turned the heater on.

He remained there for another 10 minutes...but at least now he was somewhat warm. Naturally, when he heard the faint tapping at the window he nearly pissed himself and screamed. Though, considering what happened a short while ago, what was the worse that could happen? It's probably a cop or something... Suzaku thought groggily, They're probably going to look at me and think I've been smoking or drinking... He continued the assumptions that it was a police officer as he grabbed a rag from under his seat. Quickly, he wiped away the fog that had misted over his window. As soon as he saw it was Rein he instinctively gasped and scrambled away from the window, attemping to get to the passenger seat and out that door. Soon, his back was against the passenger seat door and his thoughts were racing. Why am I reacting like this?! I was so worried about her... he tried to rationalize his reaction with everything he had...the only word that kept returning to his mind was vampire...vampire...vampire.... The repetition of the word in his head was what fed his newly found fear of vampires. Now he had to ask himself the question: What was stronger? His fear of vampires or his affection for this girl. Only 2 minutes had past from the time he heard the tapping to this moment now. I...have to decide... he thought, wondering what she herself was thinking. Without another moment of hesitation he slid back to the driver's seat and unlocked the door. He then opened it and stepped out onto the ice cold asphalt. Instantly, his face was chilled to the bone as the air hit it. He looked at Rein, who didn't exactly appear to be in high spirits either. Struggling to find his voice, he barely managed to squeeze out a simple, "Hey...please...tell me you're alright..." The hesitation was evident in his voice and body language. But this time...he didn't want to run.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Bittersweet

Recoiling when Suzaku practically flung himself to the other side of the car, Rein looked at him with sad, understanding eyes for a moment before she looked away. Trying to disguise the sudden agony that ripped across her features, Rein closed her eyes for a moment. Slowly opening them, she refocused on Suzaku... an eternity seemed to creep by as Rein watched Suzaku timidly slide back to the driver's side. At first she was uncertain if he meant to talk to her or was he just attempting to get it the driver's seat to drive away.

When he actually started to open the door, Rein smiled timidly, and took a step back from the car, fighting to keep herself from flinging open the driver's door in her haste to apolgize for everything he had been through...the last thing he needed now was for her to scare him to death by sending his car door flying into a tree! Trying to calm herself, the icy wind didn't faze her the way it would a human, a mortal. Watching as Suzaku stepped out of the car, Rein instantly stepped toward him to hug him; relieved that he was willing to talk to her. Instead, Rein's face fell when she clearly saw his face; battered and beaten, with cuts, bruises and dried blood everywhere. The only thought racing through her mind was that SHE had caused this.

"Hey...please...tell me you're alright..."

Hearing the strangled whisper, Rein looked away from him. Amazed, that after everything he had been through, Suzaku was worried about HER???? That made no sense!! Suddenly unsure if she could keep her own pain out of her face and voice, Rein nodded her head in reply, unable to trust her voice since she was certain it was on the verge of cracking. Taking a chance, she looked back at Suzaku and asked, "Are you alright? Did Renee hurt you?" Then, with tears shimmering in her eyes, she slowly lifted her hand and gently touched his blood-stained cheek as she whispered, "DidI hurt you?"

Last edited:
Awards
Paper Moon Shine

"Are you alright? Did Renee hurt you?"
-~-
"Did I hurt you?"

It was an almost surreal experience to have her ask that. It was his fault she had to fight Renee. It was his fault he chose to run through a forest, allowing the sharp branches to slice his exposed skin. And most importantly, he abandoned her and the others in the clearing with Renee. Something horrible could of happened after he left. One or more of those who tried to help him could of been injured of worse. How could she be so kind towards him after all of that? Slightly mesmerized, he stared into Renee's eyes...trying to find his voice. As he stood there, the clouds in the sky began to part, letting the moonlight shine on Forks and the surrounding forests. The light shined off Rein's tear filled eyes, showing Suzaku just how sad and worried she was. Please don't be so sad... Suzaku thought, not able to summon his voice, This is my own fault...not yours...please..

"No...neither of you hurt me," he finally replied, but in whisper. After a few moments he moved his face away from her touch; that intense dry ice sensation stung his already wounded face. What do I say to her... Suzaku thought as he looked into the dense forest, What can I say to her... This girl...wasn't fully human...this girl was a vampire. Something he thought didn't or couldn't exist in this world. Did this mean werewolves existed? Witches? Aliens? Bigfoot? Was everything supernatural actually reality? "So...are you really...a...vampire?" Suzaku's voice was barely a whisper now and his voiced noticeably cracked at the word 'vampire.' He wouldn't of been surprised if she didn't hear him at all. After a few moments of silence he turned his face back towards Rein. Once again, his weary eyes met her shining eyes in that faint, Fork's moonlight.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Regrets

Gazing into his beautiful brown eyes, Rein was frozen from the depth of emotion she saw there...fear, curiosity, skepticism, understanding, compassion, and...more??? Her brain numbed from the evening, all she could think of was that she still had to get him out of the night air...he was STILL in danger of shock. Though dark, it was relatively early. Rein and Suzaku had left for the restaurant right after school and the drive only took a few minutes. They were inside and at a table by 4:00. There were very few customers but the waiter was slow so it had been nice...it had given them at least some time to talk before Rein suddenly got cold feet and made the stupid mistake of leaving Suzaku alone.

IF only I hadn't left was the thought once again screaming thru her brain! From there, she shuddered to think about the events...the usual Forks rainstorm: sucking the sun from the already dismal sky. Renee: waiting, watching from the fringes of the woods...waiting on Suzaku...waiting on her prey. Suzaku: leaving to look for her...leaving alone to meet his fate...not getting very far before SHE was there in his headlights and then off into the woods, knowing Suzaku would follow.

From there things only got worse. Rein refused to re-think the events, but within 30 short minutes of Suzaku leaving his car, he was once again running towards it...running for his life...running from....The tears began again and once more, Rein could not allow her thoughts to continue. Now, barely two hours after leaving the safety of the school, Suzaku stood before her, staring at her with such a wide range of emotions streaming across his beautiful face....

Hearing his barely whispered question Rein didn't know how to answer other than with the truth...and yet, there seemed to be so much more to his simple question, like...??? How could he possibly even care if she was alright? Not knowing what else to do, she leaned in closer and said, "You really should get out of the night air. Do you want me to drive you home, or if you want to, you could come over to my house for a little while and clean up first...and then if you want, I'll tell you everything... " Rein's comment trailed off to a bare whisper.

Knowing that the last part of the statement would most likely send him off the deep end: after all, not only did vampires exist...his best friend, Andrew, was a WEREWOLF!!! And if that wasn't enough, though she was no longer dangerous...though she was completely under Rein's control...Renee WAS there!! Not only Renee, but several other vampires! And here he was, asking if SHE was truly a vampire! How much more could he take in one night and still keep his sanity?? And above all, Rein could think of only one thing in that frozen moment of time: How much she longed to kiss him. Instead, afraid of frightening him even more, she waited. The NEXT move would have to be entirely his.

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only
Olivya heard the harshness in Faith’s voice and felt a little awkward to be in between a rival. They were both her friends and she couldn’t exactly take one side since she didn’t know why they were enemies. Her eyes fell on Faith who was sure to have some answers about the whole quarrel. Her arms fell to her side since her energy was beginning to lag. When Victor left their side, she tried to think of something to say to lighten the mood but nothing came to mind.

“Uhmmm, you don’t have to leave Faith. We don’t need to be alone. I have to go pick up my brother so.. I best go do that. Anyways, it seems like you two are the ones who need time to talk since you obviously don’t like werewolves.” She stated, kneeling down to tie her shoe.

She just smiled and hoped for the best. Maybe they could settle everything that was going on between the two sides. They would at least have to try, right? She couldn’t think of why they wouldn’t want to be friends since they were the only mystical creatures on this earth or not. She stopped thinking for a moment to look over where Victor disappeared but still no sign of him.

“At least everyone is safe now and we don’t have to worry about anything.” She smiled and stood up straight while trying to decide which way to go.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Valdmir was getting tired of these stupid little games of not being able to pick up on her scent. Where could she be? He thought while standing on the corner of a street and figuring out where he could go to find her. It had been many years since he hunted a certain person out so he had to get used to picking up scents and how to track them. There was a werewolf protecting her which made this a little more fun because he would be able to kill the girl and then kill a werewolf. What could make a day?

“Can I help ya?” A voice came from behind the counter when Valdmir walked into a store.

“Actually, I am new to this area…”

“I could have told ya that…you got the look of a city slicker.” The old man laughed out.

Valdmir’s anger grew as the older man interrupted him. “I need…”

“You need a lot. You aren’t going to find any high class things in this town.”

Valdmir walked over to the counter and grabbed the man by the shirt. “Listen old man, you don’t want to mess with me. I wanted to ask a simple question. Where the hell does the Beralise family live?”

“Uhmmm, oh you mean that one family who looks like they belong on a magazine?”

“I don’t know… I want to surprise their daughter, Olivya.”

“I don’t know where they live. I have just seen them around.” The old man laughed as Valdmir stormed out of shop and down the street.

That is when it suddenly came to him; her scent was flowing in the breeze. It was delicious. He could follow it and have her sucked dry by the end of tonight. An evil grin came across his face as he stepped into a car and the tire screech echoed in the air.

Awards
Human Behavior

"You really should get out of the night air. Do you want me to drive you home, or if you want to, you could come over to my house for a little while and clean up first...and then if you want, I'll tell you everything... "

Suzaku shifted in his spot, feeling unsure of what to say. At the moment going home looking as if he'd been mugged 5 times didn't sound like a very good idea. Yet...going to a house full of vampires didn't sound that fun either. He bent down and looked at his reflection on his car window. As expected his face was cut in multiple places. Some of the cuts may even leave a scar or become infected if he didn't get them cleaned soon. Crap...what do I do... he thought as he looked back at Rein. "I...um..." he struggled, as always, to find the correct words for the moment. He knew in his heart what he wanted to do in this situation but putting it into words seemed almost impossible. The faint Fork's moon began to slide behind the dark clouds once again, showering the area in darkness.

"Rein..." he began, a little louder this time, "I'd...I'd prefer to go to your house first..." his words trailed off as he began to think if this was the right decision. Though, it wouldn't matter..at least now he could learn everything and be able to return home appearing as if nothing happened. And most importantly she was safe, despite appearing totally worried and sad she was ok...and that meant the world to him. At this point he didn't want to worry her anymore than he already had and forced a smile. "You should drive...I have no idea where you live." He laughed lightly as he walked around to the passenger's seat. Once inside he grabbed his phone and hastily called his parents; telling them he was studying with Rein for test and for them to stop worrying. Content with his lie he tossed the phone into one of the back seats and sighed. What a Friday... he thought quietly to himself. Vampires...near death...and this girl... he turned his head to look at Rein, still not convinced she was a vampire. How can someone so kind...so beautiful...be something so...inherently evil? The whole ordeal made no sense to him...but once again...all he could do was wait, observe, and listen. Always...just an observer... Within a few moments soft droplets of water began to fall from the sky, cleaning the air and washing his blood from the forest grounds.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Questions and Answers

Rein kept herself from looking at him, hearing him struggling for words only made her more determined NOT to look at his beautiful face. And for a while it worked, until he said her name: "Rein..."

Even though it was hardly possible, his voice left her dazed, almost as if she was in a trance. Finally turning her face toward him at the sound of her name, Rein stood still as Suzaku finished, "I'd...I'd prefer to go to your house first..."

Somewhat startled by his answer, she saw him smile and listened to his suggestion of her driving. Nodding in reply, Rein watched silently while Suzaku moved over to the passenger side and got in the car. Still not trusting herself to speak, she got in the car at a little more than normal human speed. Shutting the door quietly, Rein listened to the conversation Suzaku had with his parents. Thinking about it, she realized that they did have a test coming up soon.

Finally finding something she could talk about without her voice cracking she murmered, "You weren't really telling a lie, we do happen to have one coming up next week; remember?"

Gazing at Suzaku for a moment, Rein drew in a deep breath. She knew that once started, there was no turning back. Starting the vehicle, Rein drove at the normal speed limit to give her time to explain. Finding her voice again she slowly began, "I promised you the truth, so here it is....but if you change your mind about knowing...please, just tell me and I'll stop."

Pausing for a moment, she looked again at Suzaku, drew in another deep breath, and plunged head long into the abyss of no return. "Okay, as for what Renee said in the woods, about me being a vampire... she wasn't lying. Melody, Renee, AND the others that were there are ALL vampires as well.” She spoke softly, realizing that most likely Suzaku could barely hear her.

"Don't worry, not all of our kind is like Renee. Unlike the old stories that you would think of when you hear the word "Vampire", we don't ALL drink human blood. Some of us actually prefer animals. With that type of our kind, they are labeled as vegetarians; though we try not to choose animals that would be considered an endangered species." She smiled wryly.... "That would be like loving mashed potatoes and finding out that the entire worlds supply of potatoes had been eaten into non-existence, never to return."

Rein paused for a moment to see how Suzaku seemed to be adjusting to this new information before adding: "Melody actually prefers to go after Coyotes; she just seems to enjoy them."

"I know this must be a lot for you to take in; but I thought maybe now I should clear up a couple common myths about vampires. Okay, first: We don't get burned by the sun. We can walk around outside when the sun's out; but just not around humans. I told you the reason at the restaurant, remember? I wasn't kidding when I said my skin glows like diamonds in the sunlight." Rein looked sheepishly towards Suzaku before she continued: "Secondly: We DO NOT sleep in coffins! I know this might be weird, but the truth is, we can't sleep at all," she said quietly.

Man Rein, why are you telling him this next piece? she thought, glancing at him. Then she continued in the same tone, "We can't die the way Hollywood portrays it. The fire and werewolf attack are the only parts Hollywood got right." Drawing a deep breath, still unsure if it was the right thing to do Rein continued: " Yeah, your friend Andrew could do me in and so could his friend, Riley.” She muttered, her voice cracking at the part with Andrew. She decided that was enough...if he realized what she said about Andrew, then she would explain that later if Suzaku asked, and if not...well that was just fine too.

"As for...Werewolves...vampires are their only natural enemy. Our venom is extremely dangerous to them; they can't stand it.... It’s toxic to them. However, in Forks at least, we have learned to live with them...a treaty of sorts. Beyond that, I can't tell you much about them; you'd have to ask your friend about that." She whispered.

Suddenly realizing everything she had said Rein muttered, "Man, I just pray the Volturi won't find out about this."

Out of habit, Rein looked back at Suzaku; if she could have blushed she would have. Trying to ease the uncomfortable tension in the car she quipped quietly, "Besides that whole mess in the woods, how was your day?"

~-------------~

OOC: I'll do Melody next time.

Last edited:

GodofDeath

Aeriona's Guardian
Brushing off the dirt on the clothes Faith had brought for him. Victor hung his pants up on a nearby tree branch before putting on his plain white tee. Hopefully this doesn’t smell too bad. Victor thought to himself before slowly bring the shirt he had been wearing while working out in the morning up to his nose.
“Well this is what will have to do, for now at least.” Victor said underneath breath after smelling how his shirt smelled a little grimy. He then took off Olivya’s jacket he had been wearing like a loincloth and proceeded to put on his grey sweat pants.

“You know what? I think it would be best for me to go ahead and wash this for you before giving back.” Victor said as he came out from the bushes and walked towards where Olivya and Faith were standing, while he held Olivya jacket in his hands.
“I hope that’s alright with you and I guess if you want to stop by my place, I can let you borrow one of my jackets if you need it.” Victor said as he tied Olivya’s jacket around his waist again, figuring that it would be easier to keep it their rather then to continue holding it in his arms.
“So…what now?” Victor asked as he placed his hands into his pocket and then looked at Olivya for few seconds before looking over at Faith and waiting for her to hopefully say something.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Alone. Despite asking to be left alone, Alrick hated it. It always brought back memories... Memories Alrick would rather keep covered. Memories Alrick hated. It always pulled and pulled at his deepest, darkest memories until they were brought into the light. Until they were back to torture Alrick with his dark past.

Whispers filled Alrick's ears: "I love you." "We'll be together forever." "I'll never leave you." "Life's not worth living without you." "Never forget me..."

Alrick wiped his hands up to cover his ears. He didn't want to hear those words... That voice... All it would do is bring back more memories. But it didn't help... The whispers were still there, strong as ever, still whispering words from his past into his ears.

"I'm not leaving without you!"

Alrick's closed eyes tightened and a look of pain covered his face. He threw his head down, his hands still clamped around his ears. Sweat began to run down his face. He let out small grunts of pain. Alrick broke the skin around his ears with his fingernails and a small amount of blood began to trickle down.

Images from his past, images from the deepest, darkest pits of his mind, slowly began to flash before his mind's eye. He saw his past flash before him, a past he wanted to forget. The images began to come quicker and quicker, stopping just long enough so that Alrick would be forced to remember it. The whispers in his ears soon turned to shouts, causing Alrick to clinch his ears harder. Between the flashing images of his past and the shouts in his ears, Alrick didn't know how long he could keep it up. Then it happened.

Alrick let loose a blood-curtailing scream of pain. As if called by the scream, shadow arms shot out from the darkness all around Alrick. They slowly hovered around Alrick, as if waiting for something, but on a will of their own. Alrick let loose another scream, which called forth even more shadow arms and sent the present arms into a chaotic fit. They toppled trees, ripped up grass, everything they could do. Alrick held his head even harder before letting loose the loudest and harshest scream yet. The whole forest seemed to almost shutter as shadow arms popped up all over the place: They rose above the tree tops, stretched out past the end of the forest, and slivered through the forest likes snakes. Soon the entire forest was infested with Alrick's shadow arms.

stripes

Lacey looked at Andy, but before he could say anything to her, they heard a loud scream. She looked at the forest, birds were flying away, something was wrong. She looked at Andy, then a tthe forest. Was Melody still there? She started to head for the forest but Andy grabbed her arm. She looked at him, and then at the forest, something was wrong and her friend might still be there. She pulled her arm away from him and headed back down towards the forest.

As she headed towards the forest, it was getting dark, but it was darker then usual. She looked back but didn't see Andy, she lost him. Part of her felt as though she should of stayed at La Push, but then part of her drew her in to this forest.

"Melody!"

She yelled for her. She looked around, but saw nothing, the forest was pitch black, she held out her hands to feel for the trees, but she felt nothing.

"Andy!"

She yelled again, but again she heared nothing. Suddenly something came running towards her and knocked her over. She cried in pain as she fell and sprained her ankle. She started to whimper, but then saw the man from before, his head was down into the ground. It sounded like he was in pain. She tried to keep quiet and bag away but she had no idea where she was going, and her ankle was sprained. She cried for Andy in her mind, but nothing, she kept bagging away praying he wouldn't see her in this darkness.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Spent

The cage in her hand, Melody dashed through the forest; worried that Rein was having problems with Suzaku or controlling her emotions. Not wishing to eavesdrop on her right now, Melody concentrated on listening to what was happening around her: she didn't look back to see if Aiden, Ainsley or Kailia was following her, though her senses said they were. Reaching the small cottage, Melody darted inside and set the small cage with a still yowling Renee inside down on the smooth wood floor. Suddenly hearing a blood curdling scream of pain, Melody stopped short. That's not good, I hope it wasn't Riley! she thought, fearing that the werewolf decided to attack Alrick. Rushing back outside, Melody heard another scream followed by a high-pitched noise, like the entire forest was being ripped apart. Racing toward where she had last seen the wolves, Melody heard the loudest and harshest scream yet. The whole forest seemed to almost shutter as shadow arms popped up all over the place: They rose above the tree tops, stretched out past the end of the forest, and slivered through the forest likes snakes. Soon the entire forest was infested...Alrick's shadow arms Melody hissed to herself. Uncertain if Aiden, Ainsley or Kailia were following her because she could no longer hear them over the chaos in the forest, Melody raced forward avoiding the shadow arms that reached out to destroy anything within their reach.

Concentrating with all her strength to try to hear the wolves, Melody's heart turned to a solid block of ice in her chest. Her breath coming in short gasps she listened with terror rushing in a raging torrent though her veins. It wasn't the wolves she heard: it was...Lacey!!...Lacey was running back into the woods...back toward Alrick...yelling Melody's name. Please, no...don't let her be hurt because she's looking for me Melody's voice screamed inside her head.

It was dark now in the forest, much darker than normal because of the shadow arms hovering over the forest, blotting the moon from the sky, but Melody could still see everything as clearly as though it were high-noon. Hearing Lacey again, this time yelliing for Andrew; the utter terror evident in the high shrill pitch of the girl's voice, Melody saw her groping through the trees...Lacey's human eyes blinded by the blackness surrounding her. Melody's gaze rapidly focused on Alrick and she knew she had to act quickly if she even hoped to have a chance to save Lacey. Running as fast as her sleek body would allow, Melody closed the remaining distance in less than a human heartbeat. Reaching out with one hand, she quickly knocked Lacey to the ground...hopefully fast enough to avoid Alrick's gaze if he happened to raise his head.

Hearing Lacey's low whimper of pain, Melody felt a momentary twinge of guilt for hurting her friend, but if she managed to get Lacey out of here alive...what was a skinned knee or a sprained ankle??? Watching Alrick for a moment more, Melody noticed that Lacey had begun trying to crawl backward out of the forest. Quietly crossing to her friend, Melody reached down and said, "Lacey, it's me, Melody...c'mon, let me help you get out of here..."

Last edited:

Zeph

imp of the perverse
"Well, what now?“ Aiden said after Melody's sister had taken off after the boy. The words had hardly come out of his mouth when Melody began running again, cage in hand, back in the direction they had come from. Towards the little cottage.

"SHIT!" Aiden suddenly came to a full stop, exclaiming as his hand shot up to cover his nose. His eyes had darkened perceptibly since he and Ainsley had entered town, and now they were almost pitch-black.

"What is it, Aiden, don't tell me your infallible self-control is wavering?" Ainsley had only meant to prod him a bit, but stopped short when he sent her an evil glare. "Well," she continued anyways, "If I can handle it, you can too. It's been longer since I've eaten and it's no problem for me. And… I won‘t allow you to hunt here! I want to see what it‘s like, staying in one place and making friends." They resumed running.

Aiden grinned viciously, cocked an eyebrow and chuckled. “Oh, you won’t allow me? I think we both know that I could if I really wanted to… don’t tell me you’ve forgotten already..?” His smile darkened and he chuckled even more as Ainsley glowered up at him. “But don’t worry,” he winked and continued, “I won’t hunt here, I know you’ve taken a fancy to this little experiment, so I won’t do anything to mess it up.”

When they stopped again, it was back at the little house and they waited outside as Melody entered with the cage. Suddenly, a chilling scream rent through the forest, and as another followed, it almost seemed the forest shuddered as huge black arms shot out everywhere. Ainsley's eyebrows knit together as Melody re-emerged and immediately began running again. Thankfully the shadow arms seemed to pose little threat, but whoever it was doing the screaming sounded like they were in agony. Ainsley took another glance at her friend, and saw that as they were drawing nearer to the clearing, he was holding his breath, only breathing when absolutely necessary.

“Hold your breath,” she implored gently as she reached out to take his hand. “I’ll make a run with you to hunt after this is all over, I’m sorry Aiden.”
They came to a stop next to the human girl from earlier --Lacy-- and looked into the clearing to see the one Melody had called Alrick, bent over with his head between his hands. So he was the one doing the screaming. Melody knocked the girl to the ground, and whispered to her that they would get her out of here.

“But… what about him? I assume that you’re not on the best of terms with that one, but is it right to leave him in the state he’s in?” Ainsley’s eyebrows knit together even more, as she wondered what was causing the man such anguish. She tugged Aiden along as she tentatively took a step towards the clearing.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: Exams are such a pain in the ass, explains why my activity has had to drop dramatically recently.

IC: "I should leave, so you two can talk alone," Faith insisted again to Olivya. Her scent was overwhelming her, but she felt a little better after hunting. She didn't want to challenge Olivya leaving, but preferred that she didn't do that either. "It's not the fact that we hate werewolves. Don't get me wrong, I don't speak for all of my kind. The thing with werewolves and vampires ... it's ... complicated, much more complicated than you could ever think." And with that, Faith fell silent again.

She cast her eyes away to listen to see if there were any hikers in the nearby environment. There were none, thank God for that. It gave her a good excuse to ignore Victor and Olivya for a while. She felt like she was in the middle of this whole thing - well, whatever this thing was! And then she could hardly contain a smile when she heard what Victor said. No matter what she'd do to try and hold off the sound, Faith would always hear almost everything around her. It was just one of the many supernatural talents that being a vampire came along with.

Victor emerged from the bushes and walked back to where the two girls were standing. Faith still felt awkward. How could it be that one guy she talked to today happened to be a werewolf? Did the gods above in the almighty heavens truly hate her? Did they set out to curse her even more? And then there was the matter of the presence she felt and confronted before. Was she really being tested? A werewolf "friend" to deal with was enough, but an unfamiliar presence, too? Too much to handle. But Faith was no ordinary person; she was a vampire, immortal, able to deal with nearly anything.

"I may have a lot of answers, but your kind could tell you more," said Faith. "If you really want to know the truth, then I suppose I could tell you. I've already exposed myself to you both and there's not just me either. I'm not the only one in Forks, there are many others. We keep ourselves secret to the world." She looked to a spot where the sun was shining and looked regretful. "I'll show you the reason why we don't step into the sunlight."

With that said, Faith walked to that exact spot. She stepped into the sun, where her body started glowing like diamonds. She looked towards Victor and Olivya painfully, awaiting some form of response from one of them.

stripes

She tried to look and see where Melody was, but all she could hear was her voice, and it was barley getting to her with all the noise. She tried to raise up, but the pain in her leg was unbearable, it was more then just sprained, and she was bleeding, she rubbed the back of her head, she must have recieved it when she fell. She took Melody's hand and tried to force herself up.

"Where's Andy?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back