• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Monster Hunter: World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
So, does anybody know when this game is coming out, or at least going to be localized? I've put about 90 hours into MH3U and I cannot wait for this installation of the series. I've put almost 500 hours into the MH series at this point. Might as well not stop <3

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So, does anybody know when this game is coming out, or at least going to be localized?

An official announcement has not been made.

Capcom did respond to its fans for Monster Hunter 4 saying:

“Hey hunters! We’ve seen many of you ask for us to #BRINGMH4TOTHEWEST. We’re excited to see the fan base growing and you all showing your passion, keep it coming! We are continuing to evaluate new Monster Hunter titles for the west, and will share any new information with you here on Facebook as soon as we have it..”

Besides this tweet, it was also revealed that Capcom will be spending its revenue from Monster Hunter 4 on a new internal mobile studio in Japan. Fans were skeptical at first, but I think something will happen in 2014. To be determined.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Yeah thanks Recon! I think they may need international (or want it) to help their company out. I think we will see it this year.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Surprise announcement at MH Festa! In 2015, WE HUNT THE GOA MAGARA!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Loving one of the comments:

And this is why with all capcom games you wait 6 months for them to release the "Ultimate Edition".

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I'm glad we're getting this expanded version, but it sucks that we're gonna have to wait until 2015. I skipped out on MH3G just because I thought that MH4 would come out this year...

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm glad we're getting this expanded version, but it sucks that we're gonna have to wait until 2015. I skipped out on MH3G just because I thought that MH4 would come out this year...

It's sort of a bummer to see that other countries won't have the chance to play the original MH4. This will be the second time in the franchise that Capcom will only release the ultimate version in other countries.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
It's sort of a bummer to see that other countries won't have the chance to play the original MH4. This will be the second time in the franchise that Capcom will only release the ultimate version in other countries.

On the flip side, the amount of content will probably be mind boggling. I could foresee them adding the rest of the monsters from MHFU. Which would be freaking spectacular.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Salutations. I am a fan of video games pertaining to the Role-Playing genre and its sub-genres: action, Japanese, Western, and strategic. I have been trying to enter the Monster Hunter series, but there is something that, after playing DEMOs, does not rub me the right way. From what I could gather, are MH games centered in exactly doing what the title suggests: hunting monsters? Nothing else besides doing quests in order to get money, buy items to replenish your health, heal status effects and get monster "properties" in order to make better pieces of equipment? If so, is there something that makes this entry to the Nintendo 3DS unique? Better?

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
On the flip side, the amount of content will probably be mind boggling. I could foresee them adding the rest of the monsters from MHFU. Which would be freaking spectacular.
Nevermind they're introducing online multiplayer, not just local wireless play.

EDIT: Though yeah, MH4 had it too. But first online multiplayer on handheld for western audiences.

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Salutations. I am a fan of video games pertaining to the Role-Playing genre and its sub-genres: action, Japanese, Western, and strategic. I have been trying to enter the Monster Hunter series, but there is something that, after playing DEMOs, does not rub me the right way. From what I could gather, are MH games centered in exactly doing what the title suggests: hunting monsters? Nothing else besides doing quests in order to get money, buy items to replenish your health, heal status effects and get monster "properties" in order to make better pieces of equipment? If so, is there something that makes this entry to the Nintendo 3DS unique? Better?

That is all you're doing. The game's charm comes from developing the best strategies to take down the monsters, and the teamwork that comes from multiplayer, collecting scraps, making new weapons and armor, rinse, repeat.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
What a great way to start my morning. And now to decide whether to skip 3U or not...

Recon

Art of War
Awards
On the flip side, the amount of content will probably be mind boggling.

If Capcom decides to add the same amount of content, if not more, then the experience will obviously be fulfilling. Better yet, it will be a completely refreshing experience knowing that 3DS users will be capable to hunt via over the internet.

If so, is there something that makes this entry to the Nintendo 3DS unique? Better?

To be quite honest, the 3DS version of MH3U lacks online play. Therefore it could hinder your overall enjoyment if social gaming is preferable. I hope that doesn't change your interest in the franchise. It's important to remember that any game can be enjoyed whether it has online play or not.

The demo for MH3U is well known not to be supportive for newcomers. The demo doesn't display any story background, nor introduce controls or state really any objective than just to slay the monster at hand. The built-in manual (press HOME, then Manual when game is suspended) is helpful to guide players learn the controls, but that's pretty much it. Not very helpful to understand the game I know, but useful regardless. Trust me, it took me a few good reads and some researching on the internet to really gauge the game. By the first time you complete the demo quests, you'll be more than ready to tackle any game in the franchise. That's just how robust the demos are.

Yes, the game does fancy HEAVY, HEAVY grinding, but that's half the fun of it. The amount of enjoyment of taking down a monster is almost at a degree I can't seem to find for any game. Do quests/hunting monsters take up to almost 30-40 minutes? YES, but that experience is all about strategy, skill, and what you know about the Monster Hunter franchise. One day, you might take down a monster in 30 minutes flat, but in second time you face the monster, it might only take 20 minutes. What strategies were involved to decrease the time it took between both quests? From this, you develop knowledge, skill, and appropriate strategies to take down monsters. This feeling is very satisfactory to some, and some need to feel it before they can come to a sudden realization about how much they actually liked the experience. The experience, overall, will always be is self rewarding because in the end, you learn something new.

Wow, time to play MH3U again to rekindle my love for Monster Hunter.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Japan gets ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the cross-promotion goodies.

First Legend of Zelda.
Then Super Mario Bros.
Then Shinshu Shiba Onsen.
Now One Piece.

mh4_thumb1.jpg

GIANT FISTS OF DOOOM!

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Japan gets ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the cross-promotion goodies.

First Legend of Zelda.
Then Super Mario Bros.
Then Shinshu Shiba Onsen.
Now One Piece.

mh4_thumb1.jpg

GIANT FISTS OF DOOOM!

Here's to hoping we get this shit in 4U. Just saying. If not. I will riot in the confines of my mind, and still manage to enjoy the hell of out this game.

Coeurl

Demon Dance

New trailer for 4G shows lots of subspecies for the new monsters and brings back a few from Gen 2 and an entirely new monster which will probably end up as the flagship.

Also, tactical upswing is now a thing.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards

New trailer for 4G shows lots of subspecies for the new monsters and brings back a few from Gen 2 and an entirely new monster which will probably end up as the flagship.

Also, tactical upswing is now a thing.

Honestly I've never been a graphics whore until this new generation of consoles. I'm tired pf Playing the Monhan games when they all look like they're still on the PSP. I own both a Wii U & a PS4 I need some HD Monster Hunter in my life! (And no Tri Ultimate doesn't count!)

BeaverFX

Website
www.youtube.com
Honestly I've never been a graphics whore until this new generation of consoles. I'm tired pf Playing the Monhan games when they all look like they're still on the PSP. I own both a Wii U & a PS4 I need some HD Monster Hunter in my life! (And no Tri Ultimate doesn't count!)
You have a PS3 import Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. Although it is a HD Remake of the PSP version it still looks good imo. You could also import Monster Hunter Frontier G.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
You have a PS3 import Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. Although it is a HD Remake of the PSP version it still looks good imo. You could also import Monster Hunter Frontier G.

Sorry Beav I can't read Japanese. And I'm not gonna scour the interwebz for translations & walkthroughs either. XP

Back