• As we all know, this is a forum for Kingdom Hearts. Even so, if anybody posts spoilers for Endgame anywhere on this site without spoiler tags, you will be banned. If you change your avatar to something related to Endgame, you will be banned. If you put something in your signature, send a message to somebody that is visibly seen, or share spoilers with somebody who does not wish to see them, you will be banned.

Monolith Soft (Xenoblade Chronicles thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

"Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed."
Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Beauty Within
  • O, Purest of Hearts

FudgemintGuardian

"Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed."
Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Beauty Within
  • O, Purest of Hearts

Monolith Soft are hiring for this game in production, I wonder what this is...
Too bad I don't read Japanese or have the experience. Otherwise I would totally apply for main character designer/concept art designer.

Doesn't really remind me of any past titles, so it's probably a new IP, and the pictures alone don't tell me at all what type of game it'll be (aside from it's fantasy.) Would be neat if it actually is a sequel to something like Soma Bringer or Baten Kaitos.

Alpha Baymax

Silver Member
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
[video=youtube;hXGTJgXPhm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXGTJgXPhm0[/video]

Man, this game is looking more and more promising by the minute. This game is my incentive to purchase a Nintendo Switch.

Max

Staff member
Awards
  • Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • The Freeshooter
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Just got the email that mine has shipped and should be here by the 1st!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  • Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy

xenoblade was a mistake
Asking random horny men to contribute designs was at the very least a mistake lol. Honestly this repulses me, its so gross looking. It makes me sad some dude thought it was sexy. And sad Nintendo let it in tbh, like if I had asked to collaborate with multiple artists and one sent me this I would just burn it lol.

For real tho why couldn't they just collab with the artists of the first game lol.

Recon

❀ A flower? ❀
Awards
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • News Hound
  • Ursus Union
  • Mog Boss
  • Final Fantasy Dimensions
  • The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
Dahlia is very reminiscent to the Great Fairy from Ocarina of Time. Her outfit, her introduction, and her purpose are all things similar.

I'm afraid to see her in motion.
[video=youtube;vLwAodWZQio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLwAodWZQio#t=0m50s[/video]

dat sweet sweet jiggle

Honestly, it's to make up for the boob physics slider that was removed in Xenoblade X.

kaseykockroach

Awards
So as someone who has no experience with RPG's beyond Paper Mario and KH, would I be into Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii U?

Alpha Baymax

Silver Member
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
So as someone who has no experience with RPG's beyond Paper Mario and KH, would I be into Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii U?
If you already have a Wii U then definitely. But honestly, you're better off getting Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Nintendo Switch if you don't have a Wii U.

Ballad of Caius

Put on a Happy Face
Awards
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
Xenoblade Chronicles is sorta like an in-between type of ARPG. It's literally between Action and Turn-based, and with the examples you brought, I can very honestly say it's between Paper Mario and KINGDOM HEARTS. And I mean LITERALLY.

kaseykockroach

Awards
If you already have a Wii U then definitely. But honestly, you're better off getting Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Nintendo Switch if you don't have a Wii U.
I've got a Wii U and don't have a Switch, so....what the hey!
How would you say it fares compared to Breath of the Wild, the other huge open world game on the Wii U/Switch?

Max

Staff member
Awards
  • Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • The Freeshooter
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
How would you say it fares compared to Breath of the Wild, the other huge open world game on the Wii U/Switch?
Xenoblade Chronicles is a much more in-depth game in regards to it's battle system and it's story is leagues beyond not only Zelda but most games in general. I mean to be fair it is a JRPG though, so it's a bit of a weird comparison, but I enjoyed my time with Xenoblade Chronicles way more than I did with Breath of the Wild on multiple levels.

Ballad of Caius

Put on a Happy Face
Awards
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
I'd argue that you shouldn't compare them. Although they both fit under the open-world genre, the other elements make them very different.