Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Keyblade Master
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Kinda bummed there's no Black Panter announcement, I'd have rather heard about that than a Blade movie.
I was thinking about that the other day as to how such an anticipated sequel wouldn't have any plans announced for the P4 as we know it; I completely forgot that BP and IW were filmed simultaneously which, suffice to say, must have been exhausting for the cast in crew. They certainly earned the time to either relax or work on other projects.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • This is Halloween
  • Rising Star
It's not as good as the others, only getting one season, but definitely worth a watch.

Mainly because the Eternals were always so far off my radar, never really cared about them. Let's hope they can work that Guardians magic again.
In the very least i hope they use this movie to expand upon Thanos seeing he's one of them.

Yeah, should be interesting, I'd be up to seeing a iteration of the Young Avengers.

At the moment Doctor Stange and Black Widow are the most interesting movies in the line up for me, but I'll give the other's a chance.

Kinda bummed there's no Black Panter announcement, I'd have rather heard about that than a Blade movie.
True. You know, this may be the chance to see Titan in full glory before it went downhill and possibly know more about Deviants and whatever we can learn from it.

You do realize that Wanda vision and Strange will tie together while Widow is between Civil War and Infinity War? I believe with the exception of What if, the rest play into the larger set of stories to come. Consider this the relaxing phase before getting back into the epic stories starting with Blade and whatever comes next.

You know, I'm seeing a pattern that the MCU is heading into the supernatural aspect with Strange and Blade, probably leading into the Midnight Son's. Just a thought.

AdrianXXII

Bronze Member
Awards
True. You know, this may be the chance to see Titan in full glory before it went downhill and possibly know more about Deviants and whatever we can learn from it.
Yeah, i hope they capatalize on this potential, because right now Thanos and Titan are just an alien and his planet, while in the comics there's a connection to both earth and humanity.

You do realize that Wanda vision and Strange will tie together while Widow is between Civil War and Infinity War? I believe with the exception of What if, the rest play into the larger set of stories to come. Consider this the relaxing phase before getting back into the epic stories starting with Blade and whatever comes next.
Yeah from what i hear most of these shows will play into or develop out of stuff from the movies. They are much more closely tied into the MCU than the Netflix shows and Shield.
Too bad I'll be missing out on most of these seeing Disney+ will have a slow international roll out.

You know, I'm seeing a pattern that the MCU is heading into the supernatural aspect with Strange and Blade, probably leading into the Midnight Son's. Just a thought.
Well atm it seems like they're more heading into a cosmic period while setting up the ground work for a mystical period later on

Roxie1563

Awards
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • This is Halloween
  • Rising Star
Yeah, i hope they capatalize on this potential, because right now Thanos and Titan are just an alien and his planet, while in the comics there's a connection to both earth and humanity.

Yeah from what i hear most of these shows will play into or develop out of stuff from the movies. They are much more closely tied into the MCU than the Netflix shows and Shield.
Too bad I'll be missing out on most of these seeing Disney+ will have a slow international roll out.

Well atm it seems like they're more heading into a cosmic period while setting up the ground work for a mystical period later on
Maybe we'll see some kind of hints of Galactus?

I may or may not be able to see the Disney Plus shows due to prices. Gotta save them money for living life! Lol. But the movies I will be checking it out.

Yeah, I recall Feige saying that there will some cosmic arcs with earthbound stories as well. Seems all doors are opening up for the MCU than was possible before Iron Man came out! I cannot wait to see everything play out in front of my eyes..

AdrianXXII

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe we'll see some kind of hints of Galactus?
That'd be cool, but I still think that Galactus would be hard to pull of with anything but the Guardians and maybe Thor.

I may or may not be able to see the Disney Plus shows due to prices. Gotta save them money for living life! Lol. But the movies I will be checking it out.
Yeah they're not exactly making it cheap. I'm hoping to split it with someone similar to how people split their netflix accounts.

Yeah, I recall Feige saying that there will some cosmic arcs with earthbound stories as well. Seems all doors are opening up for the MCU than was possible before Iron Man came out! I cannot wait to see everything play out in front of my eyes..
Yeah it's cool how the MCU is starting to be more like the comics a Universe with everything fictional in it.

Roxie1563

Awards
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • This is Halloween
  • Rising Star
That'd be cool, but I still think that Galactus would be hard to pull of with anything but the Guardians and maybe Thor.

Yeah they're not exactly making it cheap. I'm hoping to split it with someone similar to how people split their netflix accounts.

Yeah it's cool how the MCU is starting to be more like the comics a Universe with everything fictional in it.
Maybe, but they made Rocket Raccoon and Groot. And don't forget Thanos! If they can make them work, why not him? Please don't tell me you lost faith in their abilities already?! *Sarcastic/teasing mode*

Oh, that's a thing? I may do that if it comes down to it.

It's amazing, really. All it took for this to happen was Iron Man and have the entire Infinity Saga play out for us to watch. Here's hoping the next Saga can keep up.

AdrianXXII

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe, but they made Rocket Raccoon and Groot. And don't forget Thanos! If they can make them work, why not him? Please don't tell me you lost faith in their abilities already?! *Sarcastic/teasing mode*
True, but Rocket, Groot and Thanos all seem easier to successfully pull of than a giant man wearing purple siting in a giant space chair.

Oh, that's a thing? I may do that if it comes down to it.
Kinda I know a few people that share their Netflix. My sister and I use our parent's Netflix.

It's amazing, really. All it took for this to happen was Iron Man and have the entire Infinity Saga play out for us to watch. Here's hoping the next Saga can keep up.
Yeah, it's impressive what we got in just 10 years and how willing people are to embrace it. They opened all the doors and now we just need to explore the spaces they lead to

Alpha Baymax

Silver Member
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
I'm glad they confirmed Guardians 3 is still happening, but it is a little worrying to not see it listed in the Phase 4 plans. It's one of the films I'm most interested in because of the possibility of introducing Nova into MCU.
James Gunn is currently occupied with The Suicide Squad so Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 is currently in hiatus until The Suicide Squad finishes filming. Honestly, the wait for Guardians 3 will definitely work in the movie's favour. James Gunn can take the opportunity to edit the screenplay to add in characters that were previously owned by 21st Century Fox.

In Infinity War, Red Skull calls Thanos "Son of A'lars". A'lars is an Eternal of Titan, his brother Zuras is the father of Thena (played by Angelina Jolie), so Thena is Thanos' cousin in the comics. Whether Zuras end up in The Eternals movie remains to be seen. Thanos is an Eternal with the Deviant gene making him a hybrid Eternal/Deviant.

At this point, I just want to see Moon Knight in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It would be the closest thing to Marvel creating their own version of Batman. Who knows, we may end up getting a Midnight Sons team with Dr. Strange, Blade, Moon Knight. A supernatural trio that's akin to Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.

AdrianXXII

Bronze Member
Awards
James Gunn is currently occupied with The Suicide Squad so Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 is currently in hiatus until The Suicide Squad finishes filming. Honestly, the wait for Guardians 3 will definitely work in the movie's favour. James Gunn can take the opportunity to edit the screenplay to add in characters that were previously owned by 21st Century Fox.
Oh that's an interesting point, I do wonder which characters he might choose to include. I could easily see him fit in the Silver Server somehow even just as a cameo.

At this point, I just want to see Moon Knight in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It would be the closest thing to Marvel creating their own version of Batman. Who knows, we may end up getting a Midnight Sons team with Dr. Strange, Blade, Moon Knight. A supernatural trio that's akin to Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.
I honestly think moon knight's close association with Batman might be why we won't see him adapted for a while. Because the moment he's shown, everyone online while start screaming about how Marvel is copying DC and has run out of ideas.

Even with Daredevil I had friends that said he was basically just another Batman/Arrow.

Not that that should necessarily stop them, but I can see it making it, less enticing to pursue him.

Roxie1563

Awards
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • This is Halloween
  • Rising Star
True, but Rocket, Groot and Thanos all seem easier to successfully pull of than a giant man wearing purple siting in a giant space chair.

Kinda I know a few people that share their Netflix. My sister and I use our parent's Netflix.

Yeah, it's impressive what we got in just 10 years and how willing people are to embrace it. They opened all the doors and now we just need to explore the spaces they lead to
Okay, I'll give you that one. But it is Marvel after all; they pull the impossible into possible and made good of it. Honestly, the one thing I think they'll try to do is Silver Surfer. He reminds me of Smart Hulk.

You know, I wonder where they will go once all doors are open? Do they keep going or just close that chapter for good? That makes me be sure to keep going until the end of the line.

@ Alpha: I totally forgot about that! I suppose it is moot now, hm?

As for Moon Knight, he looks too similar to Batman. Well, technically, I'd say DD is kinda Batman, but I see your point clearly.

Alpha Baymax

Silver Member
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
Oh that's an interesting point, I do wonder which characters he might choose to include. I could easily see him fit in the Silver Server somehow even just as a cameo.
I think Silver Surfer will debut in Fantastic Four. Maybe we may see a post-credit scene hinting at Silver Surfer but I think that's as far as it will go with the Guardians of the Galaxy affiliation. Silver Surfer is a very serious character and I really don't think his tonality would mesh well with the Guardians.

However, the Badoon and Shi'ar are alien races that are now at James Gunn's disposal so I think that they are far more likely candidates to be featured in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3.

I honestly think moon knight's close association with Batman might be why we won't see him adapted for a while. Because the moment he's shown, everyone online while start screaming about how Marvel is copying DC and has run out of ideas.

Even with Daredevil I had friends that said he was basically just another Batman/Arrow.

Not that that should necessarily stop them, but I can see it making it, less enticing to pursue him.
As for Moon Knight, he looks too similar to Batman. Well, technically, I'd say DD is kinda Batman, but I see your point clearly.
Nah, I think the Batman and Moon Knight parallels are all the more reason why Marvel Studios would give Moon Knight a shot. Captain Marvel mirrors Green Lantern and nobody complained about those similarities, and Civil War was conceptualised as the final Captain America movie in response to Batman Vs. Superman.

DC is not even a competitor at this point. DC's New Gods is in development but Marvel Studios has already beat them to the punch with The Eternals, and The Eternals are considered New Gods bootleg. So at this point, adapting Moon Knight is not an issue at all.

Roxie1563

Awards
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • This is Halloween
  • Rising Star
I think Silver Surfer will debut in Fantastic Four. Maybe we may see a post-credit scene hinting at Silver Surfer but I think that's as far as it will go with the Guardians of the Galaxy affiliation. Silver Surfer is a very serious character and I really don't think his tonality would mesh well with the Guardians.

However, the Badoon and Shi'ar are alien races that are now at James Gunn's disposal so I think that they are far more likely candidates to be featured in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3.

Nah, I think the Batman and Moon Knight parallels are all the more reason why Marvel Studios would give Moon Knight a shot. Captain Marvel mirrors Green Lantern and nobody complained about those similarities, and Civil War was conceptualised as the final Captain America movie in response to Batman Vs. Superman.

DC is not even a competitor at this point. DC's New Gods is in development but Marvel Studios has already beat them to the punch with The Eternals, and The Eternals are considered New Gods bootleg. So at this point, adapting Moon Knight is not an issue at all.
Too bad they don't have a guy like Feige in charge for DC. I mean, all they had to do was just use the animated universe as a way to get started. Not that hard, tbh.

Anyway, which one are you most likely to enjoy? I'm actually looking forward to Hawkeye; archers are kinda my thing and it makes it easy to relate.

Roxie1563

Awards
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • This is Halloween
  • Rising Star
So, Avengers: Endgame came out on Blu-ray today. Did anyone get their copy from their local store?

I got my today and man, it's still powerful as it was when I saw it at the theater with my brother. Honestly, the runtime didn't bother me at all because it went by so fast!

Now comes the next task of getting the Blu-ray of Spider-Man: Far from Home and I'll be all set with my completion of The Infinity Saga.