• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Making Sense of the Xehanorts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
No... I just finished the game yesterday. So uh... hey guys I'm available for translating stuff now!

@ chex - No see... what I'm saying is that translation is wrong. Because he didn't say that.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Who wouldn't want to fall into darkness?

Also, I could translate the whole thing myself if you'd like... but you might as well watch Heartstation's translated video since they're the closest I think. I didn't watch the whole thing the catch translation errors, so I don't know for sure.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I think you may be on to something. I've never even conceived this possibility. Despite complaints about your argument, it's well supported and is very logical. You could be correct. However, I still believe that Terra simply was no longer in control.

Here's my view on this situation:

When Master Xehanort stabbed himself with his keyblade, releasing his heart, that normally would have created a Heartless. However, it didn't, because his heart quickly found refuge in Terra's body. Still, this act created a Nobody.

Now let's approach the concept of a Nobody theoretically. It is simply a body and strong soul with not heart, correct. Well, that's what Master Xehanort's body ended up being. His body had copies of MX's heart's memories, just as other Nobodies have memories of their original somebodies.

Anyway, back to Xehanort. Later on, Xehanort confronted Aqua, under the influence of MX, and was defeated. Terra locked his heart, so that neither person could have full control of the body yet.

Master Xehanort and Terra's heart were constantly fighting for control of Terranort, neither one gaining it. However, in the heartstation translation of the secret ending, it is said that Terra is protecting Eraqus's heart. Therefore, when Terranort was deciding about becoming a Heartless, Terra was somehow led to having two choices: let MX gain control of Terranort, or let MX fight against him inside of the body and possibly gain control of both his heart and Eraqus's heart. Terra had one goal at that point: protect Eraqus's heart. I believe that was the goal, at least.

So, MX finally gained control of Terranort. Now in control, MX wanted to kick out Terra and Eraqus so that they couldn't try to take back control. So, he influenced Terranort to become a Heartless. Master Xehanort's heart became the Heartless, while Terra's heart and Eraqus's heart were released.

From that point on, Ansem Seeker of Darkness had the personality of MX, yet not the memories. He simply had memories of being Ansem the Wise's apprentice.

Now, there was also a Nobody created named Xemnas. This nobody had a personality similar to Master Xehanort as well. However, he had some of the memories of Terra! This led him to believe that he was once Terra, that he was once friends with Aqua and Ven. Thus, he created the Room of Sleep under Ansem's castle, and addressed Aqua's armor as "friend".

Was Xemnas's goal to reunite with his friends? No. He didn't want their friendship. He wanted their power, so that he could achieve control of Kingdom Hearts faster.

There are a lot of holes in this, but tell me if you think any of these points are right.

Last edited:
T

The Spoiler

Lissar please do a translation of the Secret Ending so we can finally know whats right and figure everything out!

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Mm... well I watched the one that Heartstation did, and it's pretty accurate, so perhaps watch that one? No reason for me to be translating things that have already been translated a bunch of times. Though if you think of anything else that hasn't been translated I would be happy to do so.

T

The Spoiler

Mm... well I watched the one that Heartstation did, and it's pretty accurate, so perhaps watch that one? No reason for me to be translating things that have already been translated a bunch of times. Though if you think of anything else that hasn't been translated I would be happy to do so.
Really? The one at heartstation didnt make much sense half the time... or atleast the way they worded it.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Well, if you tell me the parts that didn't make sense to you, perhaps I could help explain them a little better?

T

The Spoiler

Well, if you tell me the parts that didn't make sense to you, perhaps I could help explain them a little better?
Well for instance the part where he kept on saying for example... it didnt make sense to me.

Also the part where MX talks about Eraqus, and the part where he says his name, he says something after that that I dont think was translated.

And the part where it says whatever, that was MX talking and they thought it was Terra so it didnt make sense

Could you pleeeaase re-translate everything so I can be 100% sure? Please?

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Well okay... here it is:

MX: Your heart was stained in darkess, and your body should have become a vessel for my heart. So why have you not been absorbed?

T: This is my heart, even if you control my body, my heart is my own.

MX: You say that now, but your heart is destined to become only a part of mine.

T: No, you will leave here.

MX: Big words for someone who couldn’t even control the darkness in his heart.

T: Well, we’ll see.

MX: Oh? It seems there is another heart already residing in your own. Well well, Eraqus...

T: I am not as I was before, afraid of the darkness. Even if you take my heart, even if I become darkness itself, I don’t care how many sacrifices I have to make, I only have one goal...

MX: So you’re prepared to risk it all then. Well, we still have time. We can take our time deciding who will rule over this heart. But, plans are a growing thing, and the seeds have already begun to sprout.

---

Braig: Hey there, “Master”. What, don’t you remember? Weren’t you just pretending to have lost your memory? You’ve got to be kidding me. Wait... you aren’t Terra... are you? Ha, well whatever, I’m just saying I’m still with you.

I'm not happy with the very last thing Braig says... I couldn't think of a good way to translate it, but it's the best I could come up with right now.

T

The Spoiler

Well okay... here it is:

I'm not happy with the very last thing Braig says... I couldn't think of a good way to translate it, but it's the best I could come up with right now.
Thanks so much! I will rep you when I can.

So Braig says he is pretending he lost his memories? That goes perfectly with one of the parts or this theory!
But how does Braig know?

Edit: Does braig know because after that he said (speaking to MX) im still with you (their plan)

And he says, "you arent Terra are you?" Suspicious that Terra is in control...

This theory still fits perfectly with this translation, but the question is, what became of Eraqus heart?

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
The thing I thought was interesting is that it didn't seem to matter much to Braig about whether or not he is Terra or Xehanort. It's obvious that Braig has his own agenda. What that could be, I don't know. He seems to have been planning something with Master Xehanort, since he worked to help him, and he still is going to carry out those plans apparently. But what is he after...

T

The Spoiler

Braig: Hey there, “Master”. What, don’t you remember? Weren’t you just pretending to have lost your memory? You’ve got to be kidding me. Wait... you aren’t Terra... are you? Ha, well whatever, I’m just saying I’m still with you.
So was it part of their plan that Xehanort (Master Xehanort in control) would pretend he lost his memories?
So when he actually didnt remember(because Terra is in control) Braig thought something may have messed up and Terra was in control?

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Ah great read. And great theory. But the part Lissar found..
Well I guess Terra could still pretend he lost the memories. That would probably make all of the people he met and made bonds with somewhat disgusted in him if he admitted he was Terra. People wouldn't understand I guess?

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
It's hard to say whether it was part of a "plan" or not. It's possible that Braig just knew that Xehanort was supposed to be in there, and had assumed that the memory loss was just pretend.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Note that what I say relies heavily on this translation of the secret ending:

Well, I think Lissar stating Heartstation's translation is more accurate plants a big hole in this theory.

Note how Braig said he'd kill Terranort if it were actually Terra in control and not MX. Braig expected MX to be control, according to plan. With MX already having said his name, Terra had to play along for the time being.

At the very least, if Braig was the reason Terra kept up his charade, then don't you think Xemnas would have simply disposed of Xigbar once they became Nobodies? He certainly had the power to.

You say Xehanort lacks the personality of Terra when we've only seen him in two cutscenes, lol.

But we also have the ARs, which feels like it's written by a heartless man who doesn't feel like what he's doing is wrong. Terra did say he'd do anything, but I doubt he'd be as heartless as Xehanort was.

Samhain, please gtfo, you are making no sense.

He makes more sense (in some places, at least) than you give him credit for.
All of the Xehanorts had a similar, heartless personality (with the apprentice's built from what he did and how he wrote the ARs). Even if Terra was lying and was simply "acting" Xehanort, I don't think he would or could be so heartless.

You should send this to Nomura or something and ask him if you are right, and even if you arent and this isnt exactly what Nomura has in store, Nomura can use this instead.

...Are you serious?

And really, hasn't it been confirmed that keyblade wielders have blue eyes?

No.

So, wouldn't it be safe to say MX would've had blue eyes too?

No.

which is incidently, around the time his eyes change colour, i believe?

No, Xehanort still had yellow eyes when Ansem found him.

I mean, like Grass said, It's ot so abnormal to change one's hair

No, it isn't.
However, I really doubt Terra just happened to change his hair to look similar to MX's like it was some sort of fad going around Radiant Garden. That would be a coincidence. No, the reason the hairstyle has been partially altered is to show MX's influence on the vessel.

Still, this act created a Nobody.

Assuming Nobodies even existed at this time.
We know the Heartless existed, however, we do not know if they acted the same as they do now or, assuming they did, if a Nobody was also created. We simply do not know what exactly Xehanort's experiments did aside from bringing us the present day Heartless.

The thing I thought was interesting is that it didn't seem to matter much to Braig about whether or not he is Terra or Xehanort.

Well, think about it. Your memory is your identity. Without it, you're basically a clean slate.
Regardless of who Xehanort was, Braig could mold him into "Xehanort".

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
That's what I was saying. It's interesting that he doesn't need "Master Xehanort" specifically for his plans, as he obviously is not a follower of Master Xehanort himself. That original personality is unimportant to him ...for whatever he is planning. This makes him one of the most intriguing characters in the game, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back