• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► MacBeth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
I particularly enjoy Lady Macbeth's descent into madness, for some really strange reason.

I do too, personally I think it's because seeing the wife being the villain, much less a COMPLEX female villain, isn't something we see often, even in modern literature; and this is like a billion years old. :I
okay no it's not but i don't remember when shakespeare wrote it, sue me. <_<;

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Behind only Hamlet, which was solely more awesome because of that one guy, Macbeth is my second favourite Shakespearean play. It was a pleasure to study it in our English class last year.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Still gotta read that.

Want to get through Othello, The Tempest, and there was another one I forgot...

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
In high school this was one of the Shakespeare plays we read. Don't mean to be nasty or anything, but I absolutely despised it. Probably because we spent like four months analysing it and writing about seven essays for it and rewriting them over and over and over and over again. I was so gutted when we had to study The Merchant of Venice.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
In high school this was one of the Shakespeare plays we read. Don't mean to be nasty or anything, but I absolutely despised it. Probably because we spent like four months analysing it and writing about seven essays for it and rewriting them over and over and over and over again. I was so gutted when we had to study The Merchant of Venice.

There's a reason Shakespeare's plays are so studied.

Trag

Bronze Member
Reading shakespeare is lame.
((IMO)does anyone else feel this way?)

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have to be honest sometimes I fell asleep while reading this in English class. I'm not exactly sure why. I enjoyed it when I was awake.

Trag

Bronze Member
The screenplay for Rushmore was brilliant and funny.
I just don't like Shakespeare. It's too much effort. I love to read, but Shakespeare's style is just boring to me. The wit that he uses in his plays are humorous to an extent, but it gets very old very quickly.

Last edited:

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
The screenplay for Rushmore was brilliant and funny.
I just don't like Shakespeare. It's too much effort. I love to read, but Shakespeare's style is just boring to me. The wit that he uses in his plays are humorous to an extent, but it gets very old very quickly.

I believe you're confusing Shakespeare with Chaucer.

Wicked

absurdiam
I love this text, one of Shakespeare's best imo. I still love Othello, I don't know if I could choose between themmm!

Wait! Lady Macbeth is a phyco bitch and I love her. But I don't know.

Kiwi +

Awards
that book was okay. though i did not like memorizing certain lines or whatnot. then having to recite in front of the whole class. lol :)

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Wait! Lady Macbeth is a phyco bitch and I love her. But I don't know.

How is she a psycho? I mean, yeah, she is driven mad with guilt by the end, but she's quite sane from beginning until MacDuff's family is assassinated. Lady MacBeth lost her child, and then realizes she is partly responsible to taking away MacDuff's children. She is understandably driven insane at that point.

Wicked

absurdiam
How is she a psycho? I mean, yeah, she is driven mad with guilt by the end, but she's quite sane from beginning until MacDuff's family is assassinated. Lady MacBeth lost her child, and then realizes she is partly responsible to taking away MacDuff's children. She is understandably driven insane at that point.

Yes, that's true but she ultimately challenges patriarchal control by defying the men in the Elizabethan era. The part when she's pretty much like "If you haven't the balls to kill him, I will!" She shows she’s a psycho man inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back