• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Likelihood of Saix being the Mysterious Figure

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

billyzanesucks

As many of you may know, the MF uses Saix's model. A lot of people said it's just a placeholder and waved it off.

I just recently realized that it wouldn't make sense for the MF to be another character we've already seen, because it would be just as easy to put in their model as Saix's, and I think they would bother to put it in if they would put in Young Xehanort's face and Kairi's panties. Though another possibility would be that it's someone we know about, but just doesn't have a character model. Still, we're narrowing it down

Another thing: Nomura said that we wouldn't expect the person to be there at that time, but they are. We wouldn't really be surprised that they were there if it was some new character. Of course, I could just be misinterpreting that line, but it's something to think about.

Then there's the mystery surrounding Saix, him seeming to have a strong connection to Xehanort, that makes makes me wonder if he's another one of the seeds that Xehanort planted. And in Birth by Sleep, we see a character with his model wielding two Ethereal Blades.

Some of you may mention the time of appearance. Again, Nomura said that you would be surprised that they would appear at that time, but they do, so let's not get into that yet.
You might bring up the fighting style. Well, I don't really have an explanation for that yet, but there's no one person in the series with that exact style. And the time powers? The only time-focused character in the series is Luxord, whose powers were certainly not as good.

So please correct me on any mistakes or misinterpretations on my part.

Radar

Bronze Member
You dont gotta make new threads for a subject that allready has like 10 threads for it, so you know.

As for it being Saix, I don't see it. If anything I see him as Isa returned (for some reason there at that time.) But I dont see that either. I could also see MF as Braig or some Xehanort incarnate. I see MF being someone who is involved in the rest of the series, not some nobody who has allready been defeated. Thats just me.

billyzanesucks

You dont gotta make new threads for a subject that allready has like 10 threads for it, so you know.

As for it being Saix, I don't see it. If anything I see him as Isa returned (for some reason there at that time.) But I dont see that either. I could also see MF as Braig or some Xehanort incarnate. I see MF being someone who is involved in the rest of the series, not some nobody who has allready been defeated. Thats just me.
I didn't necessarily mean in nobody form, Isa would be fine. And Braig/Xigbar's importance was also originally underestimated, but he has one of the biggest connections to Xehanort of anyone in the series.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I didn't necessarily mean in nobody form, Isa would be fine. And Braig/Xigbar's importance was also originally underestimated, but he has one of the biggest connections to Xehanort of anyone in the series.

One might even argue that Braig/Xigbar is Xehanort's "right hand man" or something similar.
Isa does have some deeper connection as well...due to the golden eyes and pointy ears...I however would be wary to place him near the MF already...

noheartx

One might even argue that Braig/Xigbar is Xehanort's "right hand man" or something similar.
Isa does have some deeper connection as well...due to the golden eyes and pointy ears...I however would be wary to place him near the MF already...

I don't think you really need to argue about it. Xigbar/Braig IS Xehanort's right hand man. He's II in the Organization, and he's the only somebody of Organization XIII to come in contact with Master Xehanort himself. I don't think it's debatable at this point.

As for Saix being MF...no. I understand they have the same character model, but that's it. Other than that they hold no similarities. I know you can argue that it has to do with his connection to Xehanort, but that's really iffy. I mean we don't even know about his connection to Xehanort, plus he's completely different than the MF. Ethereal Blades point to Xemnas (I'm not saying it's Xemnas) and Time points to Luxord. Nothing about him, besides his character model, which really doesn't mean much, considering they could have just been like "why make a new model of a guy in a black coat when we have 13 of em?". If it does end up being Saix, Nomura is going to have to pull one hell of an explanation out of his ass.

billyzanesucks

I don't think you really need to argue about it. Xigbar/Braig IS Xehanort's right hand man. He's II in the Organization, and he's the only somebody of Organization XIII to come in contact with Master Xehanort himself. I don't think it's debatable at this point.

As for Saix being MF...no. I understand they have the same character model, but that's it. Other than that they hold no similarities. I know you can argue that it has to do with his connection to Xehanort, but that's really iffy. I mean we don't even know about his connection to Xehanort, plus he's completely different than the MF. Ethereal Blades point to Xemnas (I'm not saying it's Xemnas) and Time points to Luxord. Nothing about him, besides his character model, which really doesn't mean much, considering they could have just been like "why make a new model of a guy in a black coat when we have 13 of em?". If it does end up being Saix, Nomura is going to have to pull one hell of an explanation out of his ass.
In Kingdom Hearts, appearance is shown to be one of the best hints at a link between characters. Roxas looks just like Ven, yet he wields his keyblade differently and uses different keychains. AX looks a lot like Terra, yet doesn't wield a keyblade. Moves and weapons don't seem to have a big part in that.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Body size has been shown to be unreliable in the past, though. the LS from KH2FM was originally around Lexaeus' size.

chenoehii

Awards
In Kingdom Hearts, appearance is shown to be one of the best hints at a link between characters. Roxas looks just like Ven, yet he wields his keyblade differently and uses different keychains. AX looks a lot like Terra, yet doesn't wield a keyblade. Moves and weapons don't seem to have a big part in that.

You posted this twice... -.-

That's because he is Terra.. MX forced his heart into Terra's body; he took over and became Terranort; his memories were locked away(or so we've been led to believe) and he woke up in Radiant Garden after his fight with Aqua, and he became simply Xehanort. His body is still Terra's, his features changed when MX possessed him, and they changed a little more when he became just Apprentice Xehanort.

Personally, someone mentioned this theory on the last Mysterious Figure thread(which is still on this page of the forum, you could have posted your theory there):

What if the MF is MX's nobody? He took is heart out of his body, and his body disappeared after that...what if his nobody was created? It would explain why he's using the coat; his blades that are similar to Xemnas' who is also a nobody(technically Terra's nobody); and Nomura's statement that he was someone who "we would be surprised to see there" or whatever it was that he said, because although the fight with MF is in canon, you have to go back time, and so it wouldn't make sense that we would see him before he was even created.

But that's just one of many theories. For all we know it could be Yen Sid... -.-

Radar

Bronze Member
Yes there is a theory about MF being MXs Nobody, and it makes some sense. You might want to look it up billyzane. (too lazy to post link.)

noheartx

You're right, appearence does prove a lot, however, there isn't much of an appearence similarity in MF and Saix becausw we don't even know what he looks like. Just because theyt have the same build doesn't mean they are similar. Also, the two examples you gave about weapons was bad. Roxas weilds the same way Sora does because he is Sora, but he has the same weapon as Ventus. And AX mever had a weapon only because he didn;t know he had one. I'm sure if he had memories, he would have been able to summon the keyblade.

billyzanesucks

What if the MF is MX's nobody? He took is heart out of his body, and his body disappeared after that...what if his nobody was created? It would explain why he's using the coat; his blades that are similar to Xemnas' who is also a nobody(technically Terra's nobody); and Nomura's statement that he was someone who "we would be surprised to see there" or whatever it was that he said, because although the fight with MF is in canon, you have to go back time, and so it wouldn't make sense that we would see him before he was even created.

But that's just one of many theories. For all we know it could be Yen Sid... -.-
Yeah, I've seen it before. The only thing about it that confuses me is. . . Why didn't they use his model?
You're right, appearence does prove a lot, however, there isn't much of an appearence similarity in MF and Saix becausw we don't even know what he looks like. Just because theyt have the same build doesn't mean they are similar.
It may be too early to tell, but I still consider it a possibility.
Also, the two examples you gave about weapons was bad. Roxas weilds the same way Sora does because he is Sora, but he has the same weapon as Ventus. And AX mever had a weapon only because he didn;t know he had one. I'm sure if he had memories, he would have been able to summon the keyblade.
I'm not saying there aren't reasons for that. My point is that the weapon doesn't usually reflect so much about connections as the person's own appearance.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Yeah, I've seen it before. The only thing about it that confuses me is. . . Why didn't they use his model?
Because then MF wouldn't be so "mysterious."

I'm not saying there aren't reasons for that. My point is that the weapon doesn't usually reflect so much about connections as the person's own appearance.
MF seems to be a case where his weapons/moves are better indicators of who he is than his appearance.

Awards
Actually, if it is taken to be legitimate and accurate, there is evidence that MF is in some way related to Saix:

Talk:Unknown (Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep) - Kingdom Hearts Wiki - A world of information not accessible by Gummiship

Read all of iZerox's posts.
Basically, he's saying that for the most part, the organization members use the same "kits" for textures, with the exception of a few (Xaldin, Luxord, and Saix, since they also have earrings as textures).
MF's texture kit is the exact same as Saix's. That is, it includes Saix's earring. Obviously, the earring wasn't actually used on the model, but Saix's kit was used for MF's texture, which is bizarre since they could technically use a regular one.

He goes on to analyze the polygon structure on Saix's face compared to MF's, which does look similar (though far too vague to reach any conclusions).

Finally, there's this:
XemansMFsidebyside.png

The MF, scaled properly, is apparently Saix's height.

Adding my own insight, though, there's something interesting. I was analyzing the three models, superimposing them over each other, and found that MF's upper torso is actually the same as Xemnas', not Saix's. You can see it there- look at the wrinkles near the armpit, the curvier, more defined arms, and the thicker chest. All of this, Xemnas has but Saix does not. However, MF's lower body (his legs), are basically.... shrunk. His proportions are different than Xemnas and Saix, but the reduced lower body makes him the same height as Saix.

So, in other words, (again assuming this is reliable), the MF:
- uses Saix's texture
- has an upper body modeled after Xemnas
- is the same height as Saix

Whether any of this means anything, who knows. It's pretty interesting, either way.

Darkwishes

Banned
I think the Mysterious Figure is Nomura. Square Enix will probably dedicate the cameo to his memory.

JK its clearly James Woods.

Last edited:

Goddard

As much as this was well thought out, I'm still in the opinion that the Mysterious Figure is more related to Xemnas than anyone else; Grass had a very interesting, well written theory regarding the identity of the Mysterious Figure. I may be wrong and it could be just a new character we haven't known of yet; I mean Nomura likes "surprising" us.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
It's clearly Yen Sid. We all know he can fight but he can't use a keyblade anyome (or he doesn't want to) so instead he's using magic to summon etheral blades. He is the highest master we know of and have taught MX and Eraqus everything they know. He have a book of time... He felt the need to test TAV and see how strong they where. He invented the coat long ago before the armor to protect himself from the darkness, his apprentice Xehanort liked them more then the armor.

At first I made this up as a joke but the more I thought about it the more sense it made, even though it sound stupid at first.

About the keyblade - Long ago he almost did something terrible and was almost swallowed by the darkness, because of this he destroyed his keyblade. He realized that he could not risk fighting again and gave away the title of Master. In BBS he realized that he might have to fight afterall. He tested TAVs streanght and then... BBS V.2

it's a fun and intressting theory atleast, even if it's problably not true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back