• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Land of Departure to Return in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmkblaster1

I think that the land of departure will return in kingdom hearts 3, castle oblivion will be destroyed. And maybe the key to return hearts can return the heart of the land of departure, because worlds do have hearts! First... Ventus will be found by the help of Aqua and then maybe when sora uses the key to return hearts, or maybe Eraqus tells Aqua how to restore their home! It doesn't add to the story... But maybe it does! Maybe Eraqus left some secrets behind that he wanted gone when Aqua sealed the land of departure away and will help them on their journey. Or more secrets about Xehanort will unravel because of it. We know we see Young Xehanort and Young Master Eraqus at the land of the departure in the kingdom hearts 3 trailer and it will start with that sequence! So we will see it again from the past, but I really do think it may return in kingdom hearts 3!? What does everyone think!?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Re: Land of Departure to Return in KH3!?

Yeah I do think we'll see the LoD again. They will probably re-transform Castle Pblivion.

Zeto

Awards

I hope Castle Oblivion still stays... Castle Oblivion. It's such an interesting and unique environment, the potential it has in KH 3 is mind-staggering when you think about it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

We'll obviously return to Castle Oblivion, since we need to save Ven. But I can't see them making CO an explore-able world, just cutscene centered.

Griewer

Awards

I hope Castle Oblivion still stays... Castle Oblivion. It's such an interesting and unique environment, the potential it has in KH 3 is mind-staggering when you think about it.

As long as it serves its purpose, yes. But after finding and saving Ven, I think it'd be nicer if it could re-take its original appearance as the Land of Departure... although I'm not sure if that is possible at all.

--

I for one would love to have an explorable Land of Departure complete with the castle. I was so sad when I realized that it'd be so damn small in BBS. T_T

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

I have a feeling it'll return back to LoD, but I personally prefer Castle Oblivion, it has great music and a really cool atmosphere. I doubt we get to explore it (without the restrictions of CoM mechanics!), but it would be awesome.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

No doubt it'll come back.

Hoping this cable town is actually connected to it though.I just want to see an explanation about on how there's a town not too far from here that was never brought up.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

It's their chance to turn the LoD into what it should've been in BBS already: An anchor point for the main characters to return to for certain reasons.

Griewer

Awards

It's their chance to turn the LoD into what it should've been in BBS already: An anchor point for the main characters to return to for certain reasons.

Well I'm not sure about that since at the moment it really is just a Castle of Infinite Maze. I think they'll use Yen Sid's tower as that anchor point instead or maybe Radiant Garden.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Well I'm not sure about that since at the moment it really is just a Castle of Infinite Maze. I think they'll use Yen Sid's tower as that anchor point instead or maybe Radiant Garden.

I would be fine with Mysterious Tower but Radiant Garden again would be meh. We already had it in KH2, KH3 should have a new home world. Traverse Town is one of my favorite worlds but we already had that in KH1 and DDD so a completely new world might be best.

Griewer

Awards

I would be fine with Mysterious Tower but Radiant Garden again would be meh. We already had it in KH2, KH3 should have a new home world. Traverse Town is one of my favorite worlds but we already had that in KH1 and DDD so a completely new world might be best.

Can't get enough of Traverse Town (the background music of TT in Kingdom Hearts 1 is so damn awesome :3)
RG is special because it THE Final Fantasy world, but yeah Radiant Garden is now a bit overused. I'd love to return there, but not as a central location.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Can't get enough of Traverse Town (the background music of TT in Kingdom Hearts 1 is so damn awesome :3)
RG is special because it THE Final Fantasy world, but yeah Radiant Garden is now a bit overused. I'd love to return there, but not as a central location.

I prefer KH1 Hollow Bastion to Radiant Garden, but that world is unfortunately never coming back :( I agree about Traverse Town though, I certainly wouldn't complain if we got it back in KH3.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Aqua locked the LoD. Why wouldnt she be able to unlock the CO again?

Griewer

Awards

Aqua locked the LoD. Why wouldnt she be able to unlock the CO again?

It's not that she wouldn't be able to, because I'm sure she is. I just think that we'll go there at a later point in KH3. I have a feeling that we'll first have to find Aqua so she can help/guide us through CO to find Ven after which she might transform it back.
But even if she does; remember what state the world was in before being transformed into CO. The world was engulfed in darkness and the castle there was in ruins. I have a feeling that it'll be shown during the ending that Aqua (possibly with Ven and Terra?) are rebuilding it somehow or re-opening it after it is rebuilt.

KeybladeOrder

Awards

While yes, we've been inside HollowBastion a lot, we've only ever been in the town itself twice, in KH2 and BBS. I'd actually love to see what the inside of the castle looks like after all the repairs, and not just Ansem's basement lab.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

I picture TAV going back and turning CO back into LoD in the credits and not a moment sooner.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Is it possible to restore Land of Departure but still keep Castle Oblivion? As Zeto pointed out it is such a iconic world in the series

Once the organization is gone, it can be used for different purposes

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I would like if they kept Oblivion's design, too. Visually, LoD was pretty uninteresting.

Luxu

Awards

I am like 99% sure it will. As Ventus needs to be reawakened for the final battle, and Luxu's Keyblade has to be turned to its proper place. And the Wayfinders still need to use it as their home...Perhaps all Keyblade Wielders will?

Muke said:
Yeah I do think we'll see the LoD again. They will probably re-transform Castle Pblivion.

I agree, and I love Castle Pblivion! Its was my favorite world for a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back