• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kojima Productions - Death Stranding feat. Norman Reedus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;i2nuHEGhwiw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2nuHEGhwiw[/video]​

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited by a moderator:

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Re: Silent Hill by Hideo Kojima & Guillermo del Toro, starring Norman Reedus

I just-- What is-- I can't--

I have no words.

Never thought in even my wildest fantasies that something like this would ever happen.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Think it's interesting that they're calling it Silent Hills. I know some people are saying that the last letter looks like a 5, but I'm not seeing it. Not that it would be a bad thing to completely ignore everything that came after 4.

Guillermo Del Toro, tho? Didn't see that coming, and from what I know of his movies--particularly any involving monsters-- he's a good choice to work with.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

How the fuck could somebody not get excited at your title? It sounded so good I was certain it was fake. This sounds absolutely phenomenal.

okay but seriously does this mean zone of the enders 3 with del toro because that would be siiiiick

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

This is-this- I mean, this-did I...

...Did I die and go to heaven?

I mean, I shouldn't be surprised. I know that Del Toro and Kojima are good friends, Kojima loves movies, and Del Toro loves video games, so it was only be a matter of time before they worked on something together, but I was not expecting SILENT HILL.

I just-I...

*shuts down*

Sdog

Awards

This is something that caught me off guard when I opened IGN. Looking forward to seeing more... And its NORMAN REEDUSES!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

This is such exciting news.

I love Hideo Kojima, I REALLY love Norman Reedus and I ADORE Guillermo Del Toro.

Anyone doubting that trio seriously needs to slap themselves, because they will make a fantastic team. Del Toro has a great mind for horror.

He gets his wish (at least part of it): https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/329000989761871873

Alpha Sonix

I just- I can't- my lord and saviour Kojima has delivered yet again, and with Guillermo Del Toro and Norman Reedus no less? Can't even imagine what wacky plot he can come up with for the Silent Hill series that will blow my mind!

tumblr_lpufzvzzoh1qi0kfro1_500.gif

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

What in the mother fuck. I have died and gone to heaven, this is the greatest collaboration I have ever seen

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I still can't believe I read all those names together in the same sentence.

This is some kind of crazy fever dream, I swear. Even though it's not and I just ahhhhhhh

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

I honest to god thought this was going to be a huge joke. The topic just screamed misleading, but... wow. I am down to clown with this.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I thought I was going crazy when I saw the headline for the article. Never played Silent Hill yet, wanted to, but I definitely will have this on my radar

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I've just finished watching SoapyWarpig's playthrough of the PT right now and jesus, some of the jump scares. I know it's totally unrelated and the real game will be nothing like that but it's really interesting because it gives you no information to go on and you just have to use these extremely vague clues to figure out what to do. REALLY neat.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I cautiously looking forward to silent hills. I'm not sure if I'd trust Kojima with a script after Ground Zeroes, but hopefully Del toro can veto some of his ideas.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

If there was ever a horror trifecta video game to ever be made, this would be it.

Hideo Kojima, the mastermind behind the MGS series.
Guillermo Del Toro, the master of Dark Fantasy and Horror
Norman Reedus, a brilliant actor.

Now that I got that out of the way, I will say that while I don't watch the Walking Dead, I've watched stuff with Norman Reedus and he has impressed me more times than I can count. I'm also hoping HOPING, that Guillermo is the one who designed the monsters. I want to see how he'll do Pyramid Head. <3

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

Jeezus. Just watched the P.T., and some of that shit is downright terrifying. O_O

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Personally, the PT annoyed me. It uses alot of really cheap horror tactics, like jump scares and that thing where something just has a seizure at you. I never found those scary. And since there's no possibility of a threat or means of interaction with objects in the game, it's basically a digital scary house, where your desire to be scared is the only reason you get scared. I expect more from the mind behind Pan's Laberynth, but I also feel like this teaser is 100% Kojima's style, and I really hope the final game won't be anything like the PT.

I want to see how he'll do Pyramid Head. <3

Isn't Pyramid Head specific to James/Silent Hill 2? The monsters in Silent Hill change depending on the protagonist, so I don't think we'll be seeing PH again unless they remake 2.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Personally, the PT annoyed me. It uses alot of really cheap horror tactics, like jump scares and that thing where something just has a seizure at you. I never found those scary. And since there's no possibility of a threat or means of interaction with objects in the game, it's basically a digital scary house, where your desire to be scared is the only reason you get scared. I expect more from the mind behind Pan's Laberynth, but I also feel like this teaser is 100% Kojima's style, and I really hope the final game won't be anything like the PT.

Isn't Pyramid Head specific to James/Silent Hill 2? The monsters in Silent Hill change depending on the protagonist, so I don't think we'll be seeing PH again unless they remake 2.

Well, originally yes, but it's become so popular it's been in every game since 2006.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Man, wish I could play the teaser. Least it'll be one of many new things to look forward to on PS4

Back