• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Union X [Cross] expansion to bring Ventus, Multiplayer, and more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi657

Re: KINGDOM HEARTS Union ? [Cross] expansion to bring Ventus, Multiplayer, and more!

Well, let's consider the state of his heart post-BbS. He's sleeping, but is he capable of dreaming? Is he strong enough to exist even in a dream?

I forgot about this, but Ava tells Ephemera to choose from the Dandelions (wielders Ava had hand-picked from the Unions in the real world). With Ven as one of those five, he has to have been a Dandelion.
If that isn't some hard evidence I don't know what is.

To me at least I think the whole Ventus thing is plausible, all we know about Ventus is that he was originally Xehanort's apprentice, so his origins are up in the air. I'd have to guess if it's not Ven traveling through sleep as a result of his shattered Heart that it just has something to do with time travel again. In the Realm of Darkness time flows differently, so who's to say the same can't be said for the Realm of Sleep or even the Realm of Unchained?

That only raises more questions though because if Ven was one of the chosen five to carry on the legacy of the Unions from the Dandelions - who were essentially chosen as the children whose hearts would rebuild the Realm of Light - then where are Ephemer, Skuld and the unknown two as of the present day - surely unless something happened to them they'd be around as well (going along with the second theory).

I also want to mention that it's interesting that Ven is one of the five. The five original Foretellers all correspond with an element seemingly based on their Keyblades. Aced = Earth, Ava = Water, Gula = Fire (Electricity), Invi = Wood and Ira = Air. Why this is so interesting is because Ven's name literally means "Wind", and because there's no such thing as coincidences, this would suggest to me a tie to Ira. Idk - just something I thought I'd put out there.

Furthermore, does anyone know which Union story is supposed to be canon? Is it that Player is meant to be in Vulpes? Because that would place Ephemer under Leopardus because of how the game chooses his Union (and Skuld too I think - though she said she was in the same party as Ephemer, no necessarily the same Union). Just curious.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS Union ? [Cross] expansion to bring Ventus, Multiplayer, and more!

All I know is this is going to confuse the absolute shit out of current players and newcomers.

"Are you playing Unchained Chi or Union Cross?"

"Yes"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Well, let's consider the state of his heart post-BbS. He's sleeping, but is he capable of dreaming? Is he strong enough to exist even in a dream?

I forgot about this, but Ava tells Ephemera to choose from the Dandelions (wielders Ava had hand-picked from the Unions in the real world). With Ven as one of those five, he has to have been a Dandelion.
If that isn't some hard evidence I don't know what is.

Well, he is capable of subconsciously reaching out to Aqua, appear at least as an apparition to her in 0.2 and helped to guide her to meet with Mickey (Aqua outright states this in 0.2) so if he's capable of this he's certainly capable of dreaming. Heck, the hearts of the worlds completely destroyed are capable of dreaming and even "replace" missing residents of them from memory fragments alone as Yen Sid explains about the sleeping worlds in DDD.
Considering Ven's outfit though we do not have to look specifically into post-BBSVentus but just into post-split Ventus but pre-starting training under Eraqus Ventus as I pointed out earlier. He was in a coma for several days after Terra's question barrage and we do not know how much of the four years between his arrival at LoD and the beginning of BBS proper it took to get him stable enough again to start training (and thus Eraqus giving him the accessoires like the shoulder pauldron).

Certainly a good point and evidence-"likely" on first glance, yet while Ava does indeed tell Ephemer to choose from the Dandelions proper, depending on how many there are it does not necessarily mean that Ephemer knows all of them personally (which is insinuated by him introducing himself to Ventus) and since the "Unchained realm" is already outside of the world Back Cover/Browser Chi it is entirely possible that Ven isn't among the initial group "crossing over" from that place but that he's taken along with them.
Sora and Riku in DDD can also freely interact with and be "chosen" by people living in the dreams despite not originally hailing from there.

why would you hand over control of a union to a ten year-old kid tho

Skuld and Ephemer don't seem much older though, as they are also around 14 to 16 it seems.
Ava herself is said to be pretty young and if Gula isn't afflicted with dwarfism he's probably also very young still.

ImVentus

Awards

Even though I knew something like this was coming I still was shocked to see Ven finally showing up:biggrin:

Now I can't wait to see what kind of development Ven is gonna go through in season 2. it's very exciting and there's so much potential to tell a compelling story between Ven, Ephemer & Skuld.

I'm actually not gonna be surprised if it's all going to end in a tragedy.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

While I think the evidence so leans hard in the direction of Ven being a dandelion, I am doing my best to hold back on the thought.

There are some things from that theory I wrote that still matches up to what's happening:
+ Ven's missing clothing items (the straps and armor)
+ Ven's Dive to the Heart being the Keyblade Graveyard
+ Ven being depicted as younger (yes, 10-11 years old)

And now the new information
+ Ava apparently telling Ven where to show up
+ Ven appearing alongside 2 other confirmed dandelions
+ Ephemera and Skuld apparently waiting for 3 other people and automatically counting Ventus as one of them (and Ventus seems to confirm that he is)

If we forget all that and assume Ven is dreaming post-Xehanort pre-Eraqus, then maybe that will somehow bring more importance to the Land of Departure too? I see no reason why Ven would be dropped in X unless maybe being on the Land of Departure or something leads him there. But then that begs to question why he seems to know what's going on.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

All I know is this is going to confuse the absolute shit out of current players and newcomers.

"Are you playing Unchained Chi or Union Cross?"

"Yes"
This will never happen. Unchained X is being renamed Union Cross. It will also be the same app that people already have.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

ava is definitely older than 14...
You watched Back Cover, right? Her and Gula are absolutely dwarfed by everyone else. They also kinda sound and act like kids.
To me at least I think the whole Ventus thing is plausible, all we know about Ventus is that he was originally Xehanort's apprentice, so his origins are up in the air. I'd have to guess if it's not Ven traveling through sleep as a result of his shattered Heart that it just has something to do with time travel again. In the Realm of Darkness time flows differently, so who's to say the same can't be said for the Realm of Sleep or even the Realm of Unchained?
The Realm of Sleep is confirmed not to follow real time.

Furthermore, does anyone know which Union story is supposed to be canon? Is it that Player is meant to be in Vulpes? Because that would place Ephemer under Leopardus because of how the game chooses his Union (and Skuld too I think - though she said she was in the same party as Ephemer, no necessarily the same Union). Just curious.
Player's Union doesn't really matter. For narrative cohesion's sake, I would say that Vulpes makes the most sense, though.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

have you guys talked to a ten year old lately? there's a pretty big difference between 10 and 15-16. like, that's literally half a decade during a critical part of your brain's development.

whateverthoooo

Muke

whatever
Awards

Especially Gula sounds like he's definitely been through puberty. They don't act or sound like children or 10 year olds.

I guess they're between 15-20-ish.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

This will never happen. Unchained X is being renamed Union Cross. It will also be the same app that people already have.

Oh, I know, I was just poking fun. The name change is going to confuse everyone at first, obviously, but it won't last long. Literally all Square has to do is tweet that it's an update/expansion and no one will bat an eye.

Levi657

You watched Back Cover, right? Her and Gula are absolutely dwarfed by everyone else. They also kinda sound and act like kids.
The Realm of Sleep is confirmed not to follow real time.

Player's Union doesn't really matter. For narrative cohesion's sake, I would say that Vulpes makes the most sense, though.
In Unchained Chi it didn't - but I'm assuming that Player is probably going to be the 5th one chosen to carry on the Union legacy - so if canon suggests Vulpes, which makes Ephemer Leopardus, and for arguments sake Ventus is Unicornis - then it will likely work out that whoever is left is from Anguis and Ursus - we don't know Skuld's actual Union, so it's plausible that she could be either or, and then the last remaining chosen one will be from the last Union - it would work perfectly. They're meant to be successors so it would make sense to choose one from each Union to replace their respective Foreteller.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

the real question now is how long of a delay there'll be between japanese and english launching of union cross.

like, will they launch at the same time, but english just wont have the new story content (for months)

or will they wait

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

the real question now is how long of a delay there'll be between japanese and english launching of union cross.

like, will they launch at the same time, but english just wont have the new story content (for months)

or will they wait
english is in april there already had notice it was delay until april

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That only raises more questions though because if Ven was one of the chosen five to carry on the legacy of the Unions from the Dandelions - who were essentially chosen as the children whose hearts would rebuild the Realm of Light - then where are Ephemer, Skuld and the unknown two as of the present day - surely unless something happened to them they'd be around as well (going along with the second theory).

I also want to mention that it's interesting that Ven is one of the five. The five original Foretellers all correspond with an element seemingly based on their Keyblades. Aced = Earth, Ava = Water, Gula = Fire (Electricity), Invi = Wood and Ira = Air. Why this is so interesting is because Ven's name literally means "Wind", and because there's no such thing as coincidences, this would suggest to me a tie to Ira. Idk - just something I thought I'd put out there.

In the Realm of Sleep time doesn't flow at all, explicitly stated by Yen Sid, so that's that.

On that we'll just have to wait and see depending on who the remaining two are as if they are also "known present day characters" the question applies only to Ephemer and Skuld alone.

If you go by the significance of elements you can also weave a connection with the Name meanings of the Foretellers as each of the Seven deadly sins is also represented by an element:
Air- Envy.
Dark- Lust.
Earth- Pride.
Fire- Anger.
Ice- Gluttony.
Light- Greed.
Water- Sloth.

Of course this doesn't add up 100% with the Foretellers' Keyblade themes or their attacks.
It is Invi who uses Water attacks in Back Cover and multiple-element ones in Browser-Chi while Ava uses illusion powers and doppelgangers (often associated with dark-elemental powers) in Browser-Chi.
Ira's attacks in Browser-Chi are clearly light-based, so only Aced's Earth attacks and Gula's Lightning-based ones really fit on first glance.

I don't think any union choice is "canon" per se since "Player" him/herself is not really canon (or rather, a single version/person that is "Player" since it is an avatar for each person playing the game).
The Dandelions being recruited from all unions alike and not being tied to any of them is probably done for this very reason as well.

While I think the evidence so leans hard in the direction of Ven being a dandelion, I am doing my best to hold back on the thought.

There are some things from that theory I wrote that still matches up to what's happening:
+ Ven's missing clothing items (the straps and armor)
+ Ven's Dive to the Heart being the Keyblade Graveyard
+ Ven being depicted as younger (yes, 10-11 years old)

And now the new information
+ Ava apparently telling Ven where to show up
+ Ven appearing alongside 2 other confirmed dandelions
+ Ephemera and Skuld apparently waiting for 3 other people and automatically counting Ventus as one of them (and Ventus seems to confirm that he is)

If we forget all that and assume Ven is dreaming post-Xehanort pre-Eraqus, then maybe that will somehow bring more importance to the Land of Departure too? I see no reason why Ven would be dropped in X unless maybe being on the Land of Departure or something leads him there. But then that begs to question why he seems to know what's going on.

The probability of it has certainly become higher, no dancing around that in either way.
I'm just not yet ready to treat it as actually confirmed.

Y'know, if the fourth and fifth person turn out to be actually Roxas and Xion I'm definitely going to rub my eyes and use an actual WTF-meme on this.

Either way tough, I can imagine in the very next Nomura interview he will be asked about Ventus being there and he will give an usual vague answer that may still point towards a certain direction.

In Unchained Chi it didn't - but I'm assuming that Player is probably going to be the 5th one chosen to carry on the Union legacy - so if canon suggests Vulpes, which makes Ephemer Leopardus, and for arguments sake Ventus is Unicornis - then it will likely work out that whoever is left is from Anguis and Ursus - we don't know Skuld's actual Union, so it's plausible that she could be either or, and then the last remaining chosen one will be from the last Union - it would work perfectly. They're meant to be successors so it would make sense to choose one from each Union to replace their respective Foreteller.

I strongly doubt that the Player avatar is going to be one of the five leaders, mainly since it will probably more like that he/she will be going on missions granted by the five leaders and they will sporadically show up as AI-controlled assists.
Who knows? Maybe the last two are actually the two Keykids from that extra mission in Beast's castle? (At least I think it was Beast's castle?)

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

OK, there was a very small story update.

The cutscene's already on YouTube.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Big info is the Master instructed Ava to create "Union Leaders," the five who would take over the Unions in the world after. More than this, he gives her the five specific names he wants made Leaders.
But that's not all.
Only one of them is to be given a Book of Prophecy.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

That green-haired guy who says "My friends aren't my power" is totes gonna be one of the five.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Big info is the Master instructed Ava to create "Union Leaders," the five who would take over the Unions in the world after. More than this, he gives her the five specific names he wants made Leaders.
But that's not all.

That confirms the scenes with Ava to be flashbacks, yup.

Unions in the world after? Heh, but there are no more unions in KH's current world, so there definitely did something else happen.

Also, does Ven have his wristband on the wrong hand or is that only because his model is "flipped"?

That green-haired guy who says "My friends aren't my power" is totes gonna be one of the five.

Wasn't that one of the two from that sidequest I mentioned in my previous post?
One looking like him was in the Dandelion scene in Back Cover for sure.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

But that's not all.
the cycle contuines echo until kh3 ends it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back