• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Union X [Cross] expansion to bring Ventus, Multiplayer, and more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
demo pics!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
Spoiler Spoiler Show

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHearts/comments/5z22fl/khux_khux_pax_east_demo_picture_dump/

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Whenever someone uses the medal you've shared you get friend points which you can redeem in the store for a low tier medal. It's handy for new players since it lets them build up free medals quickly.

Muke

whatever
Awards
And there's a super high chance you'll get Cids and Chips and Dales. The friendship points are love. They were so awesome when Ux first got released, then they removed them

Spectre_Dia

Hmm...interesting. These friendship coins really seem useful, I can probably get some munny from selling those extra medals.

Last edited:

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah, so that are friendship coins. Sounds pretty great. When and why did they remove them? Before the EU version came around because I've never seen them.

Whenever someone uses the medal you've shared you get friend points which you can redeem in the store for a low tier medal. It's handy for new players since it lets them build up free medals quickly.
That sounds good in theory, but the longer playing players usually have the better medals. So people tend to use their shared medal, instead of the newbies Mickey medal. So wouldn't this just make the stronger stronger? Hard to imagine that a new player can make good use of it in a party.
And there's a super high chance you'll get Cids and Chips and Dales. The friendship points are love. They were so awesome when Ux first got released, then they removed them
Hmm... sounds rather easy collecting Cids and C&D medals. Not that I mind, but I guess that's the reason it got removed? What rarity are the Chip and Dales?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Ah, so that are friendship coins. Sounds pretty great. When and why did they remove them? Before the EU version came around because I've never seen them.

That sounds good in theory, but the longer playing players usually have the better medals. So people tend to use their shared medal, instead of the newbies Mickey medal. So wouldn't this just make the stronger stronger? Hard to imagine that a new player can make good use of it in a party.

Hmm... sounds rather easy collecting Cids and C&D medals. Not that I mind, but I guess that's the reason it got removed? What rarity are the Chip and Dales?
I don't quite remember, but I think I got like 2 of each every 3 draws. It was insane

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards

To clarify, the Friend Draw actually used to only give story-farmable medals, and this was before Burst/Nova was a thing, so friend points were pretty useless.
They then added Chips/Dales (up to 5*) and Cids as an incentive to spend friend points (I believe I had around 30k to burn) before removing the feature entirely, which happened before NAUx's release.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
To be exact there existed 6 versions of the BoP before the Keyblade War, one copy for each Foreteller plus the original owned by the MoM.
In Back Cover Gula states that the Lost page is not in any of their books, meaning Gula's own copy of the book doesn't have it either and the page Gula got from the MoM was the one located in the "original book".
So regardless of how many books "survived" the Keyblade War none of them has the Lost page anymore since it was a loose piece of paper owned by Gula.
The books "giving" or granting powers from the future alone do in fact not "prove" that the Ventus arriving here is from the future, as unlike with Maleficent where it was made crystal clear through dialogue, this isn't the case here.
If it were that easy, the theories of him actually originating from the past wouldn't exist in the form they do (and no one has made such a theory for Maleficent).

I dunno, we do not have ever actually seen Ventus closing a Keyhole so this is really all conjecture.
If he would find the Sleeping Keyhole of Daybreak Town and unlock it, it is even possible that nothing would happen at all since Ventus (as far as we know) doesn't have the Power to awaken hearts in the first place.
One of the reasons for Sora's and Riku's unusual Mark of Mastery exam was Yen Sid and Mickey wanting them to gain the special power to awaken sleeping/lost hearts, which one may gain only by unlocking seven sleeping Keyholes, not just one.
True, and I agree with that.
Hmm, I guess so. But they better give a good explanation as to how he can be on our "future" medals and yet be present in the past. But eh, it was just a random thought I had while writing. Hence the question mark.

I don't think that would be a problem. Even the most inexperienced of Wielders can unlock a Keyhole. Look at Sora in the Deep Jungle, they Keyblade did it automatically.
So he wouldn't wake up, but would he be transferred to the next sleeping world? What happens to a Wielder who awakens a Sleeping World but doesn't leave it? Does he wake up with it even though he doesn't have the power yet? Would he fade away like a dream? Would he be forced to go to the next world? Would the World stay asleep as long as the Wielder is present in the World?

The question would be though if it matters if he "did the same thing" during the decade of resting in the CoW. The main premise of looking into the post-split but pre-training form of him is to explain why he appears in the X-era as he does and from that possibly deduce when he's having these dreams, not what their larger plot purpose is or if he did anything else, that's something for another time.
What we can take further from DDD though is that a) Ventus' heart has healed to a certain degree as it is capable of a little stirring activity, b) is aware/clear-headed enough to recognize an approaching danger for Sora and act on it by granting him temporary protection via his Keyblade armor and c) capable of feeling what Sora feels (happiness) and actually showing that it has at least a little "remote" control of its body by making it smile.

As U.N. Owen points out a bit further above, it is even possible that this "Ventus" is a projection of the heart that is dreaming right now and not actually the "true" Ventus at all, since as explained by you-know-who (I'm quoting Yen Sid rather often these weeks):

The Jiminy Cricket Sora and Riku meet in DDD for example is also just a dream figment, as is the "Sorcerer's Apprentice"-Mickey or Musketeer-Mickey as we know that the "true" Mickey isn't trapped in sleep anywhere.
The chance that what we're witnessing in Unchained/Union Cross is a dream of a trapped heart is pretty high, so if the dreamer in question isn't Ventus himself it is thus not out of the question that this "Ventus" is a dream figment created by the dreaming heart to paint a fuller picture.
The fact though that Ventus is trapped in sleep and has been as such two times as we know so far (one post-split but pre-Eraqus training and another after the end of BBS), he could be the true deal just like Maleficent is implied to be in Unchained 0.
O, I guess I will save those questions for the DDD sub-forum then.
If we're talking about when. Yeah I gotta agree with you about the post-split pre-training one.

Aye, sorry about that. Like I said, I have a really hard time with DDD.

Those have always been native so far right? And they always followed the same story (didn't matter how the KH crew interfered). So if he really is a dream figment, that would indeed make him a native of that time and world. So that would bring us back to how he time traveled to the future, and who is dreaming about him right now.

Well we don't exactly know what happend to him pre-Xehanort. And during-Xehanort. Could have fainted at those times too. But that's another random thought.
You generally can't "travel back in time in the RoL to a period where that world was trapped in", Sora and Riku time travelling to the Destiny Islands of the past was a special thing done by Yen Sid.
Yen Sid sent Sora and Riku through time in order to provide them an entry point into the Realm of Sleep.

The sleeping keyholes are also unrelated to time travelling nor does unlocking them immediately end the dream or throw the dreamer out. When having the sufficient ability, unlocking them frees the heart in question from sleep, regardless if it is a world heart or a person's heart. During the finale Riku actually unlocks Sora's sleeping keyhole (directly after he defeats the Armor Nightmare and directly before he reaches the "Destiny Islands" in the core of Sora's heart where he meets Roxas/Ventus/Xion and Ansem the Wise).

It went like this:
1. Yen Sid resets S&R's abilities in order for them to "properly" learn Keyblade Wielding, resulting in them looking younger.
2. He sents them through time into the past to Destiny Islands just before it was about to fall into Darkness (at the end of the Prologue of KH 1).
3. Present day S&R take the raft to set out and await DI's fall so the entrance to the RoS appears (meanwhile KH 1 Sora and KH 1 Riku are doing what they were doing during KH 1)
4. Phantom Ursula appears, her appearance isn't exactly explained but she says "he was right, they're here", implying that Xehanort set her upon S&R.
5. S&R fall into the water, the entrance to the RoS appears and they open it with their Keyblades.
6. Riku notices Mr. Brown-Robe-Guy (actually Ansem SoD, the same Ansem SoD Sora meets in the cave during KH 1) standing on the surface of the water, sensing something is amiss he
instinctively dives into Sora's heart (and his dreams) instead of the true RoS, becoming Sora's protector Dream Eater.
7. Sora himself dives into the actual RoS, followed by Mr. Robe-Guy Ansem SoD who acts as a portal summoning the nort team, specifically Young Xehanort from the past, into the RoS as well
(Sora himself doesn't notice any of this, neither does Riku).
8. Upon arrival in the Traverse Town of the RoS, Yen Sid's magic kicks in again and grants Riku and Sora new clothes, with the exception of Riku's Spirit Dream Eater symbol
(which appears due to Riku becoming a Dream Eater) and Sora's silver "X" on his chest (which is conjured by Mr. Robe-Guy Ansem SoD and actually the Recusant's Sigil allowing the Norts to track Sora).

After this, Sora is always going through the sleeping worlds while Riku is going through Sora's own dreams about those sleeping worlds. It's dealing with dream layers like in the movie Inception. Sora is in the actual dreams of the worlds while Riku is in his dreams about those worlds (later on it gets even more weird with additional layers due to Ansem SoD's, Xemnas', Young Xehanort's and Xigbar's meddling).

Destiny Islands was restored to the RoL at the end of KH 1 when Mickey and Sora closed the great Door to Darkness so it wasn't lost to Darkness anymore.
The worlds Riku and Sora visited after entering the RoS in were not restored at the end of KH1, as explained by Yen Sid:

The main difficulty with DDD here is that the whole dream concepts and rescuing from sleep are thrown in together with the time travel mumbo-jumbo despite them being two largely different things.
I was under the impression only Master Xehanort could travel through time. Is Yen Sid's time travel shenanigans different from Xehanort time travel shenanigans? You know, I will probably just ask that in the DDD forum one of these days. Otherwise this gets a bit to much like a questionnaire about DDD :p (don't feel like derailing today)

O... I was under the impression it did. Alright then.

A very nice explanation. But Xehanort said that if you time traveled to a past version of yourself, you can't affect any of the events right? So didn't he just affect the events by going after Sora and Riku?

Ehh, atleast that movie I understand <.< This is just...

O i see, because they time traveled to the past and immediatly unlocked DI it's Sleeping Keyhole, it could be fully restored at the end of KH 1.

Yeah, I know. It's terrible. The only time I came close to making sense of this whole game was when KHI did that collaboration video with those other guys and explained everything. Especially time travel.

I don't quite remember, but I think I got like 2 of each every 3 draws. It was insane
That sounds too good to be true. Hopefully they keep the rewards the same.
To clarify, the Friend Draw actually used to only give story-farmable medals, and this was before Burst/Nova was a thing, so friend points were pretty useless.
They then added Chips/Dales (up to 5*) and Cids as an incentive to spend friend points (I believe I had around 30k to burn) before removing the feature entirely, which happened before NAUx's release.
Wait, so it was a JAP only thing? (why am I even suprised?)

palizinhas

Awards
Merlin canonly has time travel powers, as it's part of his movie and he did time travel shenanigans in KH2, and he and Yen Sid share the "best wizard EVER" title, so it's not exactly surprising that Yen Sid would have his own methods to time travel as well. It seems to mostly follow Xehanort's rules, in his case. Merlin has a bit more leeway tho, it seems.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Merlin canonly has time travel powers, as it's part of his movie and he did time travel shenanigans in KH2, and he and Yen Sid share the "best wizard EVER" title, so it's not exactly surprising that Yen Sid would have his own methods to time travel as well. It seems to mostly follow Xehanort's rules, in his case. Merlin has a bit more leeway tho, it seems.
To be perfectly honest, I've seen that Merlin movie only once when I was younger and I wasn't particularly fond of it, so I forgot most of the movie :\ (Merlin was cool, the story and the other characters just weren't).
And I've no idea who Yen Sid is outside the KH universe. He supposedly trained Mickey as a wizard so he could control brooms?
I had no idea they could time travel outside of the KH universe, but that's a very interesting fact.

CrystalRaine

To be perfectly honest, I've seen that Merlin movie only once when I was younger and I wasn't particularly fond of it, so I forgot most of the movie :\ (Merlin was cool, the story and the other characters just weren't).
And I've no idea who Yen Sid is outside the KH universe. He supposedly trained Mickey as a wizard so he could control brooms?
I had no idea they could time travel outside of the KH universe, but that's a very interesting fact.

You've never seen the Sorcerer's Apprentice scene from Fantasia? Even people who aren't massive Disney fans are familiar with it; it's one of the most iconic scenes in animation history.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Now that sounds pretty handy!
Now I feel great to hear these are returning and baffled that they were ever removed in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back