• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Trivia: #40

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

limit

Aww sick! Personally, I think he intended to have actual features like this in-game at one point.

Claire-Farron

Has anyone ever noticed that, in Deep Jungle, outside the tent and next to the grandfather clock, there is a table that has a teapot and several cups that are clear references to Mrs. Potts and Chip from beauty and the beast? (Interestingly, this same easter egg was also in the Disney Tarzan movie, too)
I don't have any pictures of this, but I'll try to find one.
Here you go. This is from my own personal playthrough. c:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah xD It was in the film as well, and since everyone knows about it we decided not to write an article. (Everyone urging us to post the obvious Kurt Zisa trivia was bad enough lol)

I didn't. >_< I watched the movie when I was little, so I didn't pay much attention to little tidbits like those although I've watched both of them.

And I hope I don't get killed, but what's this trivia about Kurt Zisa?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And I hope I don't get killed, but what's this trivia about Kurt Zisa?

In the United States when they were preparing the first Kingdom Hearts release, they held a naming contest. Whoever won would have this new bonus boss named after them. The winner was Kurt Zisa.

And thus every kid around the world in 2002 was jealous of this Kurt Zisa kid.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
In the United States when they were preparing the first Kingdom Hearts release, they held a naming contest. Whoever won would have this new bonus boss named after them. The winner was Kurt Zisa.

And thus every kid around the world in 2002 was jealous of this Kurt Zisa kid.

Oh, that one. I see, I'm aware of that, but thanks. I thought it was something about Kurt Zisa's appearance and his resemblances to something.

​I wonder if the human Kurt Zisa is still interested in KH. Or is he here among us? :p

Gram

Banned
Awards
o_o 11 years and not once did I notice that sketch in Geppettos house.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I never saw that sketch either. It's these little deets that make the replays interesting.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
This is one of my favorite bits of trivia because whether or not it was intentional, this is amazing. It's so cool to be able to connect something so small in one game to something huge in another like this.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I wonder if the Osaka team coincidentally saw the train sketch while they were working on upscaling the textures for 1.5 and then later decided this is what they will put for Kingdom Hearts III.

I suppose something similarly can be said for Birth by Sleep where a miniature version of Enchanted Dominion can seen in the End of the World.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I wonder if the Osaka team coincidentally saw the train sketch while they were working on upscaling the textures for 1.5 and then later decided this is what they will put for Kingdom Hearts III.

I suppose something similarly can be said for Birth by Sleep where a miniature version of Enchanted Dominion can seen in the End of the World.

Nah, the End of the World was created from fragments of worlds that had been destroyed by the darkness, so it'd make sense for us to see bits and pieces of Enchanted Dominion scattered about.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Nah, the End of the World was created from fragments of worlds that had been destroyed by the darkness, so it'd make sense for us to see bits and pieces of Enchanted Dominion scattered about.

Probably what Zephyr meant is that the Osaka team saw those castle remnants in EotW and used them as inspiration for Enchanted Dominion? After all, EotW comes before BbS. It's kind of neat if you think about it that way, and it still fits what you said about fragmented Enchanted Dominion being scattered about.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Considering they recreated the world and all related assets using conceptual artwork from Sleeping Beauty, it doesn't really matter whether we visited Enchanted Dominion before or after End of the World.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yeah xD It was in the film as well, and since everyone knows about it we decided not to write an article. (Everyone urging us to post the obvious Kurt Zisa trivia was bad enough lol)

And that is still one of my favorite pieces of trivia. It's weird, even if you know something, I love reading up on how someone else writes about it. I know it's super-stalkerish, but I want to find a photo of that Kurt Zisa kid (not to keep or anything, I'm just curious)...I'm just too lazy lol

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Of course. It was a mistake on my part. It was extremely uncivilised of me, and I apologise for it.

My point still stands though, that I don't advocate stalking in any form.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So enough about creepy stalking of someone who doesn't deserve to have his privacy invaded.

Apart from this and Disney Town, I wonder what other things in the series have drawn inspiration from Disneyland.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Guys, please DO NOT look him up. That is rude as hell for one thing. The guy deserves his privacy. Would you enjoy it if somebody looked up your name online to see what you looked like and they had no clue who you are?

Chaser, apparently Traverse Town was made to have the same scale of large Disneyland rides...you know how everything looks extremely large?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Chaser, apparently Traverse Town was made to have the same scale of large Disneyland rides...you know how everything looks extremely large?

I feel like this would be perfectly acceptable given the direction they took with TT in DDD. I know that rendition to some extent was fabricated, and parts may not even exist anymore due to worlds being restored, but if it can grow into this giant world with a Disneyland/world theme park included, I would love that. And yes it has to be Traverse Town cuz field theme. :} And also, not at the cost of Didney characters worlds dying/plunging into darkness...

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I feel like this would be perfectly acceptable given the direction they took with TT in DDD. I know that rendition to some extent was fabricated, and parts may not even exist anymore due to worlds being restored, but if it can grow into this giant world with a Disneyland/world theme park included, I would love that. And yes it has to be Traverse Town cuz field theme. :} And also, not at the cost of Didney characters worlds dying/plunging into darkness...

The Post Office really screamed rollercoaster for me. I hope there will be full-fledged attractions in Traverse Town, assuming it'll make an appearance in KH3. Don't theme parks just look beautiful at night? I imagine it'd look even more gorgeous than the Fourth and Fifth Districts.

As for the scale of Traverse Town, is it just me, or are the environment of First to Third Districts actually smaller in DDD? It seems to me that the elevated promenades in Second District are lower in height than those in KH1, and the Third District square is a wee bit tinier. Although... those might be only my perception thanks to the smaller screen of the 3DS.

IRL, I want Disney to come up with a Traverse Town-themed area in one of their parks. Sadly, it might not happen...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
As for the scale of Traverse Town, is it just me, or are the environment of First to Third Districts actually smaller in DDD? It seems to me that the elevated promenades in Second District are lower in height than those in KH1, and the Third District square is a wee bit tinier. Although... those might be only my perception thanks to the smaller screen of the 3DS.
Everything after KH1 is smaller. I've made this note many times when I've questioned "why does everything look so much bigger than Sora in KH1 when they aren't in other games".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back