• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts: The Novel Cover Art Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hlc1988

Awards
Got mine today too. Since I'm currently reading a different book at the moment I can't delve straight into it like I would like to. However I've had a quick look through it and I'm impressed with what I've read so far!

Despite having not read it yet, it makes me even more excited for the rest of the novels and hopefully they will make their way into the West too... I assume one may come every 6 months or so. I wonder what one will be next after the CoM novel?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Got mine today too. Since I'm currently reading a different book at the moment I can't delve straight into it like I would like to. However I've had a quick look through it and I'm impressed with what I've read so far!

Despite having not read it yet, it makes me even more excited for the rest of the novels and hopefully they will make their way into the West too... I assume one may come every 6 months or so. I wonder what one will be next after the CoM novel?

Kingdom Hearts II would be the logical next step. Unlike Shiro Amano, Tomoco Kanemaki has followed the series in release order so the novels would follow the order she wrote them in

Last edited:

KHFanatic2010

I got my copy today!! just started reading and enjoying it so far. Brought back happy memories of playing Kingdom Hearts 1 when I first played it (When I was 12 years old)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
About the novels. Are they different when compared to the games? At leas Kairi gets more space in the novels I presume. I have always thought that KH1 story is pretty solid, so how does the novel work?

Also how many of the fan base even know KH has novels? :D

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
About the novels. Are they different when compared to the games? At leas Kairi gets more space in the novels I presume. I have always thought that KH1 story is pretty solid, so how does the novel work?

Also how many of the fan base even know KH has novels? :D

Events unfold slightly different, but for the most part it is like the games. More is added, a lot of redundancy is removed. Nomura supervised.

Kairi...she is still like her game self but also more considerate. In the games, she was making one charm, but in the novel she was making one for all three of them. It is changes like that which makes her better than her game counterpart who seemed way too centered around Sora.

Well, the novels have existed since 2005. I'd say enough are aware of them...

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
NNNF~

Please to being mine soon. Already craving more after the latest manga releases

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Got my novel yesterday, and just finished it last night. And I am thrilled, thrilled, thrilled:) After so many years, my dream of reading it has finally come true! Yay! :D

I just loved it so much: the little added parts were especially nice. Sora, Donald, and Goofy's banter with each other was particularly great.

And I have to say, I'm surprised at just how much this novel covered. I guess I shouldn't be, seeing as how this is Nomura approved and third tier canon, but I didn't think it would keep as much as it did. Really, only the Hundred Acre Wood, Atlantica, and Halloween Town were missing, which is understandable.

And I even liked how they combined some moments together seamlessly (like the trio fighting the Guard in Armor again is at the same time that Riku has reappeared).

I also didn't expect them to get into the Final Mix scenes at all for some reason, so that was a nice surprise. Their addition really makes the novels a more connected and cohesive story that way, I think.

The fight scenes were also great. In some of the fan translations I've read of the other novels, I feel like they get lessened some, in order to fit more plot stuff in? But here they were just fantastic! ^_^

Another thing I really enjoyed is how they made the game dynamics make more sense, in a lot of ways. (i.e. Sora literally rips off a plank with the Heartless' footprints to use as evidence in Alice's trial, Sora isn't a mage in this--which makes the trio better balanced and Donald more useful, as he should be, etc.)

Anyway, fantastic read, and I can't WAIT for CoM now!

Also... Sora didn't know what a trial was: bless this child's soul!:D He was characterized [I]perfectly[/I]. In fact, I feel like I just played KH1 for the first time again, and have once again become obsessed by its splendor. LOL.

[strike]Also... Sora and Kairi's extended moments were great, and they held hands three times here: I can die happy now.[/strike]

Some rumors I once heard about this novel are now put to rest, too (like how someone had said there was an added scene between Riku and Kairi together before the Islands fell, which turned out to not be true).

And yay for this novel's prose, diction, and vocabulary. It, and the detail presented, was magnificent, I think. Better then I was hoping for, actually. I'm a bit confused about the choice of calling the Lanes Between "The Other Sky", however, but whatever. It's no big deal.

...This review's all over the place and weird, so I'm gonna just shut up now and go see if someone's posted a review for novel on YouTube yet; I need to actually see someone loving this like I am. LOL.

Edit: Oh, and them reading the Ansem's Reports was something very much needed, and that I'm happy for. The part where Sora found out how Kairi got to their Island was particularly something to write home about:)

DoctahFaz

Awards
Overall, it was good. I appreciated how they cut certain segments out and focused more on the parts of the adventure that were more relevant to the bigger picture. The extra background information was kind of cool, too.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Got the novel finally on easter and I gotta say that concerning the story itself, the characterizations and interactions of the characters it beats the game by far.

Even the actual cross-over-premise gets some more weight by simply featuring the FF cameos more often and even have Aerith chatting with Jiminy the frickin' Cricket.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Got the novel finally on easter and I gotta say that concerning the story itself, the characterizations and interactions of the characters it beats the game by far.

Even the actual cross-over-premise gets some more weight by simply featuring the FF cameos more often and even have Aerith chatting with Jiminy the frickin' Cricket.

Completely agree with this. The author did an excellent job with the characterizations from what I've read thus far. I'm currently only at Wonderland, but I've cheated a little and saw small glimpses of the rest of the novel. The mere fact that Xemnas is even shown in here at all makes me all kinds of happy. Aerith speaking to Jiminy was also a really nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back