• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: The Alternative Paths

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas9001

Bronze Member
Tora stopped as he saw the heartless being drawn toward a monsterous dark thing. Tora glanced at it while it was forming then Tora shouted out "Darkside I will defeat u again!!!!!" the young child dashed for the gaint heartless but stopped again because another darkside was forming too. "Oh No!! not again not here too" Tora said in horror, Tora saw the others & ran toward them to help defend the island.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
----------------------------------------------------

Sleif continued to slice at the darksides arms, that tried desperately to reach him on his shoulders. A grin slowly began to appear on his face, as the blood lust for destruction began to reach its peak. Until Sleif heard something, through all the fights.

"Wait, Sleif! Don't hurt it! I - I. . ." Sleif scanned the ground, looking for the source of the talking. It was then that he saw a person on the ground, a few feet in front of the Darkside.
"What is he talking about?" thought Sleif as he still continued to defend against the giant heartless. "This is going nowhere. If I can't destroy it!" said Sleif as he raised his weapon, before slicing at a part of the darksides neck, "I'll just have to immobilize it!".

At that moment the darkside began to collapse towards the ground, falling to its knees and using its hands to keep itself up.
Sleif easily jumped off the shoulders, and began to walk towards the one who had called him. "What do you think you are doing!" said Sleif as he towered over Derick.

Akans

「moriya」
The original Darkside had continued attacking, while the second Darkside was occupied with Sleif. The dark energy proved no problem for Sylfae - her weapon easily sliced through it, and with every counter, she felt herself becoming stronger and stronger.
Darkside tried crushing Sylfae again, but she nimbly leaped back onto a nearby tree, and then onto the Darkside's head, where she started to unleash a barrage of attacks.
Appearing in front, she slashed three times, twice sideways and once vertical, and then slipped around behind it, hitting it with a two hit swipe, and ending on top, where she fell towards the ground, cutting downward with her weapon all the way, landing lightly on the ground, and finishing with a backflip for stylish purposes.
Darkside was barely hurt from the attack, and turned around slowly to face her again. Sylfae swore, and she focused her energy for a second, more focused, attack...

Aphex

.Inspire.
Derick just watch as the Darkside struggled to keep itself standing, its claws landing on top of the small island as they began to shake uncontrollably. He was suddenly approached by Sleif who demanded to know what was his motives of stopping him from taking care of a foul beast. He didn't know how to respond as he kept his eyes on the beast itself, who let out a roar as the boy felt its pain but felt as if he knew why.

"Sleif. . . I can't really go into detail right now. To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure how to explain myself as to why I feel connected to the creature. But, all I ask if for you to let me handle this. . . please." replied Derick as he ran past Sleif and towards the immobilized Heartless. He dismissed his Keyblade, the Messer Ultimatum, and took a few steps towards its direction. The beast simply returned the look but didn't attack the boy at all as it looked as if it struggled to breath. "D - Dad. . .?" he questioned silently to the being, reaching out for it. ". . . It is really you?"

The creature was taken aback, it's eyes glowing at that very moment before grabbing a hold of the boy within its claws. Derick, who just stared back in fear, wanted to know if it really was his father who his mother had said went missing one faithful day. "Mom. . . told me that you disappeared. . ." he added, the Darkside preventing itself from crushing Derick's limbs with one squeeze.

"My son. . . your journey begins here. . ." it spoke mentally, only so that the boy could listen as it stood up weakly, looking up at the vortex in the sky. Then, with one jerk of its arm, it threw the boy towards the vortex's direction as it instantly consumed Derick as soon as he reached it. Afterwards, the Darkside simply turned around and walked, staggered to be exact, off into the black ocean before sinking within it and thus, vanishing. However, the other Darksides that were attacking the island remained.

Roxas9001

Bronze Member
Tora ran toward & attacked the remaining Darkside. The heartless tried to crush Tora but he ducked & jumped onto the gaint heartless's arm, Tora ran toward its head & started hitting it with his keyblade. The heartless grbbed Tora & flang him to the ground. Tora hit the ground hard,he laid right on the ground for a few seconds before getting up & attacking the heartless again.

Dragonstar1715

Website
dragonstar1715.deviantart.com
Draco watched as the rest of the kids hacked and slashed at several large dark beings. Just then, several os the smaller heartless appeared behind him, taking stance Draco dashed at the creatures. Draco ducked to avoid an oncoming attack and then slashed one heartless into the air before throwing his blade which impailed the heartless before returning to him like a boomerang. He then backflipped over another heartless and brought his blade down in full force, splitting it in two before whipping round and decapitating another.

Looking at the two remaining heartless, they soon multiplied into 8. "Goddamit, I don't know how long I can keep this up..." Draco thought. "Draco use your firearms" his father's voice said, "But how? My bullets went right through them before" Draco commented. "Your keyblade should have passed some of it's power onto your weapons, therefore enabling it to damage those heartless" Draco father explained.

"Well all right, I just hope this works..." Draco said pulling out his revolvers. But they had changed, now they carried a fire design on them and felt slightly warm to the touch "Is this what he meant?" Draco wondered. He took aim at the heartless, then one went on the assault. He fired at the heartless, but instead of regular bullets, the bullets were covered in flames as they hit the heartless and burned it to ashes.

"What the hell?" Draco said looking at his weapons, "Draco, you are aware that there is magic in this world and people who can use it?" Draco's father asked. "Well yeah" Draco said, "You also have magical abilities, but they are used through your weapons" Draco's dad explained. "So that was a spell of sorts?" Draco asked, "Exactly" Draco's dad replied before his voice faded out. "Well this is gonna be fun" Draco grinned as he looked at his revolvers.

He snapped back into the battle and saw the remaining heartless taking a defensive position. "All right then, let's see what my weapons can do" Draco said. He pulled out his assault rifle and from the design, he assumed it had the power of ice. Draco held it at the ready, the group then headed at him in an offensive formation. Draco began firing at the heartless, firing whilst sweeping form left to right.

He mowed down all but one, the last one went for a desperate attack. He then switched to his shotgun, which seemed to control earth and blasted the heartless as it dissolved back into darkness.

Akans

「moriya」
Sylfae's Darkside turned to face her completely, but before it could do anything, Sylfae channeled all of her remaining power, as well as the power of a few hundred hearts, into her weapon. Leaping up, she slashed forward, and cut straight through the giant heartless.
A muffled explosion sounded, and Darkside fell to the ground, to dissolve into black mist... which was absorbed by Sylfae's weapon.
She turned. The others seemed to be holding ground fairly well, so she ran off into the distance, towards the secret place.

Arriving, she found it blocked by a tall man in a long black cloak. His head was covered, by he moved and just seemed like a man. Sylfae approached him.
"Move."
"Impressive. Your weapon is truly a unique tool." He held out his hand. "I can show you more, though. Follow me. The darkness beckons."
Undecided, Sylfae wavered for a moment
"Alright...."

OOC: I know you mentioned there isn't supposed to be any Org members, but there WAS a guy in a black cloak in KH1.
Edit: Yeah, I found out it was Ansem after I posted this lol. But I never said it was a Org member... LOOPHOLE!!

Last edited:

Aphex

.Inspire.
OOC: Actually, that was a disguised Ansem, and it had more of a brownish color to the cloak rather than black. Though you're still right about there being a man wearing a black cloak but that was in the Final Mix version of KH1.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Tenshi stood there watching as the events unfolded one after another. Raising up her keyblade in defense, she closed her eyes for a brief moment and shoved her opponenet backward, destroying the Shadow that the strong and bigger Heartless had summoned. Come to us sister.

Startled, those silvery-blue pools flew open, staring down the Darkside once more she quried softly, "Sister? What do you mean by this?" Hearing the creature's chuckle in reply, she tilted her head ever so slightly. She gazed as Derick was tossed into the vortex by one Darkside and it disappeared shortly afterward.

"Derick!" she exclaimed. The smokey silverette could feel the golden gaze burning into her, glaring at the she-heartless she ground out, "Why are you and your kind attacking my home?" Listening for the silent reply, she desperatly searched the gold eyes for an answer much like a child would toward their mother or father, suddenly a strong stinging surged up and down her back causing her to double over.

Flashes of emotions that wasn't even hers, she listened as a voice cried out, "Alsling!" Confused about the helpless call, Tenshi glanced up at the creature before her and asked in an almost inaudible tone, "Alsling?"

Feeling strange vines surround her, Tenshi stared helpless at them as the portal swallowed her, and diminished shortly after. She stared around taking in the strange new scenery. Slowly, she took a step foward, slightly concerned that more Heartless would jump out at her. She couldn't help but feel as if she'd been here before. Spotting a bright light up ahead only a few feet from her, she dashed toward it and skid to a halt upon leaving.

Tenshi wasn't quite sure if it was real as the strange new world swirled into her view. Wow. She thought.

~-----------~

OOC: I'm sorry if it was junk, I just got back from the pool and I'm completely tired! Umm, Shadows, I just PMed you asking you something about Melodies. Dream PMed me it yesterday and I told her I'd ask you.

Aphex

.Inspire.
"Ugh..." moaned Derick, his body laying limp on the cold concrete. His fingers twitched a little as he laid stomach-first on the ground, sliding his hands around a bit in order to see if he was still on land or not. His sets of hazel eyes opened slowly, fluttering a bit as he raised his head just to a decent look at his current location. The sky was a faded gray, looking as if its color had been drained out of it and gave the setting a rather lifeless feel to it. It loomed over what appeared to be a large city, various piles of debris all over what also appeared to be streets. There were skyscrapers all around but there was no sign of life within them as they looked as if a bomb had been set off within every single one of the buildings. There were burned up paper work scattered all over the ground, most likely coming from one of the business buildings. There were a few cars around but they too were a wreck, most of them turned over on its side and a few were set ablaze.

Derick pushed himself off of the ground, staggering back a bit as he had no clue where he was but it was obvious that he was no longer standing on Destiny Island. Then something caught his eye, a sign that had faint writing on it. He squinted a bit, barely making up the words 'Manhattan'. He figured this was his location and also figured that maybe at least Tenshi or the others were here too, that is if they manage to make it off the islands. Seeing how he had nothing else to do at the moment, Derick decided to take this time in order to go searching for his friends, hoping that they were alive and well.

Dragonstar1715

Website
dragonstar1715.deviantart.com
Draco used his grenade launcher which controlled the power of Gravity to damage a rather large heartless, the heartless then turned to Draco and tried to reach for him but disappeared before it got the chance. Draco let out a sigh of relief as he looked around but soon found out that it wasn't a time to be celebrating yet. The island seemed to be breaking apart as Draco looked up and saw what looked to be a giant balck hole of sorts.

The hole then seemed to start dragging Draco in, Draco made an attempt to grab a nearby tree and hung on to it tight. However the tree then broke of from the ground and started heading for the black hole. "Oh not good..." Draco said as the tree entered the black hole and Draco lost conciousness. (Not sure if I spelled that right)

Awakening after several hours, Draco looked up to see a sky that seemed to be devoid of life. Looking around, Draco saw that the surrounding landscape was pretty much the same, no humans, no animals, nothing. Draco continued to scan the landscape and saw a sign that said 'Welcome to Manhattan'. "Manhattan? Never heard of it" Draco commented as he headed for the deserted city.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
---------------------------------------------

Easily defeating heartless everywhere, Sleif began to notice that a few of the other people were been thrown into large dark portals.

Slicing the hand of a Darkside before finishing it off, Sleif found that he was beside Azazel who was just as easily destroying heartless as he was.
"What will you do now?" he questioned Azazel.

Roxas9001

Bronze Member
Tora ran toward Darkside but he soon stopped because a huge crack had split between him & the heartless. Tora looked down into the hole, he saw darkness coming from the hole, while standing there Tora lost balance & tumbled over into the hole "AHHHHHHHHHHH" he screamed. The darkness started to consume Tora but he summoned his keyblade & swong wildly. A few hours later Tora woke up in an ally filled with papers & debris "Where am I?" Tora asked himself, he got to his feet & walked out the ally. When he walked out he saw some bridges & signs.

Aphex

.Inspire.
"Geez... I wonder what could of happened here." Derick said to himself as he walked down what was Times Square. He wasn't sure but he could of swore that he could hear faint sounds of gunfire in the background but thought he was just hearing things. It just sounded as if the city had turned into a war zone just by listening in on the sounds that echoed within the sky. Once Derick had reached the end of the street, the same creatures that had destroyed Destiny Island appeared before him, blocking his path. Except, this time there were a large number of them, more than there were back on the islands. "Oh boy..."

Backing away slowly, the boy summoned his Keyblade considering he couldn't think of anything else to do seeing how there was literally an army standing right in front of him. There were different types of the creatures. Some big, some small, there were even some that took flight and looked more like a dragon. Right when the army was about to attack, a distant call suddenly filled the area.

"Heads up!" Derick quickly turned around to see a dune buggy race towards his direction, swerving around him while a marine trooper fired away at the shadows with the gun turret that was attached to the back of the vehicle. Another vehicle pulled up as well, this one carrying a few marines that hopped out of it once it had stopped and thus, unloading a barrage of bullets. Surprisingly enough they were actually mowing down the army of shadows, taking them down in a hail of gunfire. While this happened Derick felt himself being pulled away from the action and force to face someone. "What the hell were you doing out here, soldier?!"

"Soldier? Um I hate to break it to ya but I'm not one of you guys." Derick corrected the man who just raised an eyebrow.

"Then why the heck are you dressed like one of us then, hm?"

The Keyblade wielder was taken aback, looking down at his attire and noticed that it had changed:

He had on marine type armor which was a shade of faded silver, wearing a black undershirt while his arms remained exposed. He still had on a pair of knuckle gloves but they were made of leather and were also silver, matching with the armor. Derick also had on a pair of gray loose fitted cargo pants while wearing a pair of black combat boots. When he put his gloved hands to his head, he could feel a marine helmet.

"How the heck did this happen?!"

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
OOC: Here's a link to decode it what I'm saying in my post: Click! Trust me, you'll need it unless you've played the game, if so.... don't bash me! It's was the best thing I could think of to give the Heartless their own language. Also, I'll get to making it more clear where Tenshi is in my next post.

IC: She knew that it wasn't the sandy banks that were being destroyed of Destiny Islands. Listening she heard what sounded like chanting, straining to catch what was being chanted, Tenshi barely caught on the wind: "Wind, rain, shadow, wood. Sword, thunder, power, sleep, expect the unexpected now." Startled she asked aloud, "What do you mean?"

Whipping around her smokey silver locks sweeped behind her. Snarling, she glared at the black creatures that whisp away. Swiftly she summoned her sword as a sneer came to her pale face. "E fryd tu oui fyhd!" She sneered, watching as a Shadow approached her slowly and replied firmly, "Fa fyhd oui du lusa fehd ic, Dacre."

Pulling back for a moment, she tried to figure out why they would want her when one pointed at her weapon.

"Dra Gaopmyda?"

Silently Tenshi waited for a reply searching their eyes, nodding its head the creature whipped around and ordered, "Vunfynt synlr!"

Following after the retreating creatures she felt this strange yet strong tug at her heart. What am I doing? She thought, looking up at the one that seemed to be in charge she called out, "Frana lna fa kuehh?" Stopping she could tell that the leader was a male, but now it seemed to have lost its gender as it replied in a cold, brittle tone,

"Du dra lycdma!"

Nodding her head, she fell in suit quietly not wanting to cause to much trouble. It felt natural to be among the Heartless, it honestly did! Why am I not afriad of them? She asked herself silently.

Last edited:

Akans

「moriya」
The hooded figure led Sylfae into the secret place. She was feeling kind of weak, and when her weapon disappeared from her grasp, to turn into the fang necklace, she felt herself loose all of her energy. All at once, the shock hit her. Destiny Islands was no more. Her friends were gone. Her future... was forever changed beyond what she had ever imagined.

The hooded figure hesitated, as if he sensed her feelings, and then continued towards the back of the secret place, where he then summoned a dark corridor. He then took her into it....

The worlds that have destroyed by the heartless... soon all converge... he whispered as they appeared in a wrecked world, so much more different than Destiny Islands. Sylfae, still in shock from the appearance of the shadows, accepted this without question.

I have much to teach you... and this all starts now...

Aphex

.Inspire.
Derick continued to examine every piece of clothing from his newly received appearance, coming to a conclusion soon afterwards.

"I guess it changed because of the fact that I have to blend in with the crowd considering I'm in another world." the teen thought to himself as he then stood up straight, saluting. "Sorry sir! I. . . um. . . was just here for my daily shift, scouting around to see if the area was safe." he lied, hoping that the man who appeared to be the leader of the platoon would believer such a pathetic excuse for a lie. Through the mist of the mayhem, all the man could do was just raise an eyebrow out as a response before lifting up his rifle, looking over at Derick from over his shoulder.

"Well, make sure you don't make another careless mistake in the future." he said before opening fire on the Heartless.

Their numbers seem to drop dramatically but that was until a loud roar filled the area, causing a mini earthquake. What Derick could see was the same creature that had took part in the demise of his home Destiny Island, emerging from behind a building as its large golden eyes glared at the entire platoon but mostly focused on the boy. Then at that very moment, it appeared that time stood still.

All though Derick's father could not speak considering he was a Darkside, he could still listen to every single word he had transmitted to him.

"I can see why you want this to end, everyone does but that would mean that I would have to destroy you. . . . Are you sure you want me to do that?. . . . Well. . . . Okay then." Derick transmitted back to his father, knowing that he would receive it.

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Memories swept through her veins as she thought about her friends, and home. Looking up she half wanted to ask a question, but refused to say anything to them. She was easily startled when they came to a stop, looking around she quried, "Where are we?"

~--------~

OOC: Short I know, but I'm exuashted! *scurries off over to bed*

Aphex

.Inspire.
The time lapse returned to normal, the chaos and destruction continuing around both Derick and his father. However, he noticed that the Darkside clenched its right claw into a fist which began to glow within a mix of dark blacks and purples. Knowing what was about to happen, the boy try to call out to every single one of the soldiers that were fending off against the Heartless but obviously, they were too busy to even listen or care for that matter. No matter how hard he tried no one would fall back, the time being far too late to retreat at this point.

The Darkside released the orb towards where the entire group fought, an massive explosion being caused and literally, wiped out the entire combatants. From afar, it looked like a nuclear bomb had been fired which showed how powerful the attack was. The force of the explosion had sent Derick flying back several feet, his body colliding against one of the overturned vehicles which happened to knock him out on impact. After the damage had been dealt and the destruction of its attack had died down, all the Darkside could do at this point was let out a roar that echoed throughout Manhattan before turning around, walking a few feet as it then disappeared.

Roxas9001

Bronze Member
"Im not on the Island anymore" he said Tora examined a broken sign that read "Welcome To Manhattan" then he walked around endlessly until he heard a noise. Tora turned around to see some people aimming weapons at him.

"Are u a being of darkness?" one of them asked

"No way" Tora said then he somehow summoned his Keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back