• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III Confirmed for San Diego Comic Con 2018!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

U.N. Owen

Awards
You know, Big Hero 6 being revealed at Comic Con would be a genius marketing strategy considering Big Hero 6 was inspired by a Marvel comic series.

Yeah, this is my logic looking into it. It was a Marvel Comics property after all.

Perkilator

Awards
While it would make sense to show San Fransokyo at Comic-Con, I doubt we’ll get anything beyond the demo. But like Chaser said, we’ll have to wait and see.

Having been to comic con for 2 or 3 years before it became impossible to get tickets, here's some fun facts.

The year 358/2 Days came out and the year BBS came out, the Square Enix booth had playable demos of those games. If I remember correctly they had more than 1 booth, where one was for featuring games and the other one was for their merchandise like the Play Arts figures and all that good stuff. Even in the years where no KH games were coming out, the series always had a certain presence because of the unique merchandise sold at Square's booth.

Both inside and outside of the convention center, there's advertising for stuff all over the place. The year the movie "Skyline" came out there was a massive poster on one of the bigger hotels right outside the convention center.

So given Square's track record, they'll have the demo at their booth and might even have a setup like the Japan Expo, given that some booths at SDCC really go all out to wow attendees. They put up the huge banner outside because hundreds of thousands of people attend SDCC and it's great for marketing. And they'll probably have more KH3 merchandise than you'll know what do to with. I wouldn't really expect any announcements though, just a solid presence for marketing and exposure.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
OP updated with Square’s booth number and other KH relevant details.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah we probably aren't getting a new trailer. Not unless someone drops a hint between now and next weekend.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Since Square Enix has two games releasing in September, I don’t think we’ll be seeing much new KH3 content until they release. That’s about when I expect Japan will get the Classic Kingdom games in Union Cross and/or the new world to celebrate the 3rd anniversary on 9/3. (Maybe they’ll announce that this month or next.)

TGS onward is when I expect to get new KH3 footage/content reveals pretty much monthly. I predict a trailer at TGS, the opening to be revealed in October like 2.8 at Paris Games Week, maybe smaller magazine and social media content drops in November, a final big showing at Jump Festa in December that reveals the remaining worlds, and then commercial spots, magazine features, and the launch trailer in January.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Since Square Enix has two games releasing in September, I don’t think we’ll be seeing much new KH3 content until they release. That’s about when I expect Japan will get the Classic Kingdom games in Union Cross and/or the new world to celebrate the 3rd anniversary on 9/3. (Maybe they’ll announce that this month or next.)

TGS onward is when I expect to get new KH3 footage/content reveals pretty much monthly. I predict a trailer at TGS, the opening to be revealed in October like 2.8 at Paris Games Week, maybe smaller magazine and social media content drops in November, a final big showing at Jump Festa in December that reveals the remaining worlds, and then commercial spots, magazine features, and the launch trailer in January.

just because two game relase in spetember doesnt mean they stop realing new kh3 until in september they are in full markeing mode right everthing nonstop where dmo or trailers there no way they wont show stuff at gamescon beside nomura wna t ot show big hero 6 first before new world and if has to wait to tgs to do and we dont get new owrld besides big her6 then it a problem

Qiesamuel

just because two game relase in spetember doesnt mean they stop realing new kh3 until in september they are in full markeing mode right everthing nonstop where dmo or trailers there no way they wont show stuff at gamescon beside nomura wna t ot show big hero 6 first before new world and if has to wait to tgs to do and we dont get new owrld besides big her6 then it a problem

Why do you always type like this?
It's annoying and hard to read, you know.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yet no demo at Pax. ._. Wtf bruh?
Uh, there hasn’t been a single PAX event since the demo was first brought out. The next PAX is 49 days away so I have no idea why you’re assuming this early that there won’t be a demo there.

Since Square Enix has two games releasing in September, I don’t think we’ll be seeing much new KH3 content until they release.
Three games, actually. Doesn’t disprove your point but yeah, there are three Square Enix console games launching in September.

just because two game relase in spetember doesnt mean they stop realing new kh3 until in september
Actually this is a common thought process for many companies with more than one flagship title in development. People kept saying throughout 2017/the start of 2018 that Final Fantasy VII Remake most likely won’t be shown because it would take the conversation away from Kingdom Hearts 3. Low and behold, Nomura revealed at E3 that more information for FFVIIR will come once KH3 is out.

But news on Kingdom Hearts 3 should not be hampered because of a niche Dragon Quest title (with its seemingly small fan base, I can’t call it nothing but niche. It just never caught on to the masses) and two Western games.

That aside, I’m with Zip in thinking that the next trailer will be TGS. Y’all are just going to burn yourselves out if the demo is at a convention or there’s a little bit of a promotion and you interpret that as there being a trailer or something big. Absolutely expect a trailer at TGS but if something comes sooner and you weren’t expecting that, then its a great feeling. Expecting something and it not being there will leave you feeling bitter and disappointed.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

I doubt they would start saving the KH3 information for the Famitsu, Dengeki PlayStation, and Jump magazines almost 2-3 months before the game comes out, there could be the possibility they might be some KH3 information (world reveals, etc..) in the forthcoming Famitsu, Dengeki PlayStation, and Jump magazines starting around the end of next month onwards prior to the release of the next trailers at Tokyo Game Show, Paris Game Show and Jump Festa.

It has happened before with some of the other installments before most noticeably Birth By Sleep when they revealed the worlds Deep Space (Lilo & Stitch), Neverland (Peter Pan), DisneyTown, among others being announced/revealed through the Magazine scans before they were shown in the TGS and Jump Festa trailers respectively and when Dream Drop Distance revealed the world's Prankster's Paradise (Pinocchio) and Country of the Musketeers (Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers) through the Jump Magazines prior to their first media appearance in the Jump Festa 2012 trailer.

I'm not saying it's highly likely but given that both BBS, and DDD didn't start heavily feature information of the game through magazines just 5-6 months before their respective games came out I don't see why wait until Early-Mid October for KH3 information when they can reveal the next information around Mid-August/Early September for the next KH3 information.

So far the following Magazines (Famitsu, Dengeki PlayStation, etc..) have revealed the following worlds dedicated strictly to them and the character renders from their respective worlds (with some of the previously announced worlds, of course, even though they were only as just images and a brief summary but nothing more):

• July 2017 - Toy Story
  • February 2018 - Monster's Inc.
  • June/July 2018 - Frozen & Pirates of the Caribbean

These four Disney worlds were not only featured in the magazine articles but so far they are the ONLY four worlds to be featured in the worlds section of the KH3 Japanese website and it's expected that the website will update upon release of the game. If they want to start showing off the rest of the worlds for the game before release, then it's likely that the next worlds that could be featured through the Famitsu, Jump Magazine articles around Mid-late August/early September will be dedicated to:

• Olympus (showing most of the new Character renders for the Hercules characters and more new scenes and information that wasn't shown in past trailers and information)
  • Tangled (Official Renders for Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, and scenes from the world)
    and/or
  • Twilight Town

And around Mid-late September/Early October will have articles dedicated to the Official reveal of the Big Hero 6 world (unless if it's revealed in next month's Famitsu) and another world announced (original or a new revealed Disney world along with it's characters) at
the Tokyo Game Show event.

That aside, I’m with Zip in thinking that the next trailer will be TGS. Y’all are just going to burn yourselves out if the demo is at a convention or there’s a little bit of a promotion and you interpret that as there being a trailer or something big. Absolutely expect a trailer at TGS but if something comes sooner and you weren’t expecting that, then its a great feeling. Expecting something and it not being there will leave you feeling bitter and disappointed.

I'm with the both of you guys, the likely things that might be revealed at Comic-Con and Gamescom are just the Olympus/Toy Box demos and some KH merchandising but that's about it. Tokyo Game Show is the likely place for the next trailer where they would reveal Big Hero 6 and possibly another new Disney world for the game on top of it being both KH3's first OFFICIAL and last appearance at TGS.

But besides the new trailer I'm hoping that their would be a different demo that would feature levels based on Tangled, Frozen. I can understand why Olympus/Toy Box are the demos that are playable so far as the development team say that they are closest to completion/already completed just with some minor tweakings and they belong to the first set of worlds. But after a while the players can feel tired/bored of having these be the default demo levels for the game prior to launch, so I'm hoping at TGS, Square Enix would use different levels for the next demo. Besides, by that point, the team are already 90-100% completed with the Second set of worlds (Tangled, Frozen).

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Then explain why they aren’t doing more for SDCC? They’re clearly pushing Tomb Raider more at the moment as evidenced by the panel they’re doing for it and it getting two huge banners next to the one for KH3. Gamescom will likely also be focused on Tomb Raider as it’s a European event and that game is developed by Square Enix Europe. Gamescom and Pax West are the last gaming events before SotTR and DQXI release, so it’s just common marketing sense to make a bigger fuss of the games about to release. Why let Kingdom Hearts 3 upstage those games when it will have over four months of marketing left after Tomb Raider and DQXI release during which SE doesn’t have any other AAA titles to worry about?

There’s also the fact KH3 is still in the final stages of production whereas Tomb Raider and DQXI have likely gone gold or are close to it. It’s a lot easier to market games that are finished than those that aren’t. I’d honestly rather them reveal stuff when it is at its near finished quality at this point. Since the BH6 cutscenes weren’t even in showable state as of E3, they probably need a decent bit of time to get them finished.

The marketing campaign is indeed in full swing and won’t stop by any means, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to get trailers and world reveals every few weeks just yet. Right now, they’re focused on taking the demo to every event they can and letting the E3 interviews trickle out to satiate fans’ thirst. We could very well get more news tidbits here and there, but I think they’re mainly going to ride on what they’ve already revealed so far until TGS.

TGS will be the first event where Japanese players get to go hands on with the game. They’re going to want to make a big deal out of that event. Revealing Big Hero 6 there would be perfect as it is a film that borrows from Tokyo culture. By then, they should have those cutscenes near complete as well. They could easily announce a brand new Disney world there too, but it would hardly be a problem if they don’t. They could reveal a new original world, FF characters, the second playable character, more Gummi ship stuff, etc.

Obviously, I’d love to be wrong and I’ll be excited if we get a new trailer or something before TGS. But I’m not going to expect it.

Vasquez

Awards
Nice to know we are we are getting new a trailer in the August/September probably.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Uh, there hasn’t been a single PAX event since the demo was first brought out. The next PAX is 49 days away so I have no idea why you’re assuming this early that there won’t be a demo there.

Three games, actually. Doesn’t disprove your point but yeah, there are three Square Enix console games launching in September.

Actually this is a common thought process for many companies with more than one flagship title in development. People kept saying throughout 2017/the start of 2018 that Final Fantasy VII Remake most likely won’t be shown because it would take the conversation away from Kingdom Hearts 3. Low and behold, Nomura revealed at E3 that more information for FFVIIR will come once KH3 is out.

But news on Kingdom Hearts 3 should not be hampered because of a niche Dragon Quest title (with its seemingly small fan base, I can’t call it nothing but niche. It just never caught on to the masses) and two Western games.

Oh yeah, I forgot about TWEWY’s Japanese release date announcement. I’m not expecting it to be shown much by SE outside of Japan events though since Nintendo is handling the global release. If there’s any connection between TWEWY and KH3 though, I bet we could see that at TGS.

I definitely don’t think KH news will be stopping; I just think it will mostly be rolling off of the content from E3. There’s a lot there for magazines to unpack and breakdown. We might even get things like a magazine feature on how the gummi ship will work with new screens and developer insights. They could publicly release the Orchestra trailer or English versions of the Olympus, Toy Story, and Monster’s Inc trailers. I just don’t think we’ll see entirely new elements like new worlds and characters until TGS. [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh yeah, I forgot about TWEWY’s Japanese release date announcement. I’m not expecting it to be shown much by SE outside of Japan events though since Nintendo is handling the global release. If there’s any connection between TWEWY and KH3 though, I bet we could see that at TGS.
I was talking about Life is Strange 2, it’s releasing late September in the West, same as the other games you’ve talked about. But TWEWY is there too so I guess that’s technically four.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I was talking about Life is Strange 2, it’s releasing late September in the West, same as the other games you’ve talked about. But TWEWY is there too so I guess that’s technically four.

Oh shoot! Forgot about that one too. LiS hasn’t been on my radar as I’ve never played it, but it’s wild that they’re dropping all those games in the same month. I guess it makes sense to get the more niche titles out before all bigger holiday releases though.

Leaferian

Awards
LiS2 isn't likely to be affected by holiday titles, if they're doing it like the other LiS games (which they've indicated is the case). Only the first episode would be releasing in September and it'll either be free or under 10 bucks US. Tomb Raider seems to be pretty popular here so I count that as the first major release of the end of the year.

Dragon Quest, though... It's just not as wildly popular here as it is in Japan and I could see it being scheduled to avoid bigger Western titles. All that said though, I highly doubt that any of these titles presence would mean they clam up about KH3. I also don't understand why everyone is so specifically obsessed with trailers? Yeah they're pretty and cool and fun, but a game as massive as KH3 supposedly is I doubt they'd have time to make trailers for everything. At this point, I think it's more likely we'll get article reveals, cold asset drops, and reveals via the developer diaries SE seems increasingly fond of.

Awards
I think the Demo will do a world tour tbh.

I can see the schedule to be:

San Diego Comic-Con - Demo
PAX West - Demo
Gamescom (Germany) - Demo
Tokyo Game Show - Demo & New Trailer with at least one world reveal and SF reveal
Paris Games Week - Demo & Trailer (?)
Comic-Con Experience (Brazil) - Demo
Jump Festa - Final Trailer & Demo

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
There got to be more places for a trailer if we have reveal any other original world beside twilight town plus we have two more Disney ip princess for new princes of heart and also expect the main story to stretch to three months and the new world plus classic kingdom won’t be until October also would game awards have a trialer since kh3 will get nomimated for for upcoming game and yeah i know it close to jump festa but showing a new trailer there would be great hype there

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Yeah we probably aren't getting a new trailer. Not unless someone drops a hint between now and next weekend.

We still have TGS in fall then Jump Festa for the final before the release and hell i bet we get some special square event
in january

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back