• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 68 posted)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 35 posted)

Ah, my bad! I messed up with the younger version of Xehanort.. I guess my mind was on DDD, lol.

Heh, 2 weeks to go!

Zero Dozer

Finally finished Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, and watched Blank Points, as well as the Secret Episode (that interlinks with DDD's secret ending...).

Well, now I can understand at full (specially thanks to you, Seph) how the Ventus-Vanitas did occur for that short amount of time, as well as Terra fighting back on several tentatives to regain control of his heart. Still, I want to understand how on hell Eraqus does still exist, after being erased by Terra.

Also, I've had the confrontation with tha Vanitas Remnant using Ventus. WHAT AN INSANE FIGHT. Superglide allowed me to win this fight, but let me say this: Sephiroth would end up MASSSACRED by Vanitas if he's at full power.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Ah, my bad! I messed up with the younger version of Xehanort.. I guess my mind was on DDD, lol.

Heh, 2 weeks to go!

Probably, lol, that's why I repeatedly stressed not to put too much emphasis on what happened in DDD. I conceived this story and planned it out in 2011, long before we knew any substantial facts on the story of DDD.
Any similar or nearly the same developments in HiU therefore are coincidental.
The Mysterious Figure from BBS does exist, but has a very different background than in DDD.

Finally finished Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, and watched Blank Points, as well as the Secret Episode (that interlinks with DDD's secret ending...).

Well, now I can understand at full (specially thanks to you, Seph) how the Ventus-Vanitas did occur for that short amount of time, as well as Terra fighting back on several tentatives to regain control of his heart. Still, I want to understand how on hell Eraqus does still exist, after being erased by Terra.

Also, I've had the confrontation with tha Vanitas Remnant using Ventus. WHAT AN INSANE FIGHT. Superglide allowed me to win this fight, but let me say this: Sephiroth would end up MASSSACRED by Vanitas if he's at full power.

Neat you finally got it done. ;)

No issue. These points aren't actually that hard to understand when one has seen them.
As for Eraqus, first off, Terra didn't erase him, he only injured him during their fight. Master Xehanort blasted Eraqus in the back with a projectile of darkness to "finish him off".
Secondly, how Eraqus still exists was actually already foreshadowed in Kingdom Hearts 1 if you can connect the imagery: Look closely at how Eraqus disappears and also Terra's position: Eraqus falls into/through Terra as he disappears, just like Kairi falls into/through Sora in KH 1 when the Destiny Islands get destroyed. During this, Kairi's heart took refuge inside Sora's, and the same happens with Eraqus and Terra at that moment.

As for Vanitas and Sephiroth, take a close look at how Sephiroth behaves. We never see Sephiroth using his full power at all in the Kingdom Hearts series. The only thing he does after Sora "supposedly" defeats him in KH2 his wiping some dust off his coat.
He was only "testing" Sora and then comments on his skill, not really fighting seriously.
Even in the Final Fantasy universe the only time when Sephiroth really goes all out is in the Final battle of FF VII as the actual One-Winged-Angel where he faces Cloud's entire party. In the commentary to Advent Children Complete, Nomura and another developer of FF VII again point out that during the movie Sephiroth never showed his true power despite being stronger than in FF VII by then because he likes to toy around with Cloud.
In Advent Children, Sephiroth was not defeated because of lack of power but because of his own pride and arrogance.

In gameplay terms the Vanitas' Remnant is surely more difficult than Sephiroth, but I won't dare to assume the same in actual story power.

Zero Dozer

Hmm... Advent Children, another thing I wanted to watch.

Can you tell me where to find the Complete version ISO?

Roxie1563

Awards

I saw Advent Children and it was fine.. just I didn't get the story until I looked up on YouTube.com of the full story.

I'm not sure, but if you can, you can see it on Hulu.com.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Nope, sorry, I got the BluRay, so I didn't need to look for one.

On a side note though just to give you a small hint towards Sephiroths power (I rewatched the movie last evening):

I won't spoil the whole fight, but remember how in FF VII Cloud finished Sephiroth off with Omnislash in their final mental battle?
Yeah, in Advent Children Complete he tries that again...but Sephiroth blocks Omnislash, every single strike, with one hand.

I saw Advent Children and it was fine.. just I didn't get the story until I looked up on YouTube.com of the full story.

I'm not sure, but if you can, you can see it on Hulu.com.

I guess you saw the original Advent Children then (the DVD/cinema-version). The Complete version (aka Director's cut) is 25 minutes longer with over 1000 revised scenes, more background on certain characters, an extended final battle with Sephiroth and, in contrast to the original, actual blood.

Roxie1563

Awards

Nope, sorry, I got the BluRay, so I didn't need to look for one.

On a side note though just to give you a small hint towards Sephiroths power (I rewatched the movie last evening):

I won't spoil the whole fight, but remember how in FF VII Cloud finished Sephiroth off with Omnislash in their final mental battle?
Yeah, in Advent Children Complete he tries that again...but Sephiroth blocks Omnislash, every single strike, with one hand.

I guess you saw the original Advent Children then (the DVD/cinema-version). The Complete version (aka Director's cut) is 25 minutes longer with over 1000 revised scenes, more background on certain characters, an extended final battle with Sephiroth and, in contrast to the original, actual blood.

Yes, I did see the original, but I didn't know of the new update version of it..

(Sephrioth, are you willing to check my Prologue story for me? I hope you can understand my writing..)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Yes, I did see the original, but I didn't know of the new update version of it..

(Sephrioth, are you willing to check my Prologue story for me? I hope you can understand my writing..)

I also only came to know about it due to my PS3 being able to play BluRays, as the Complete Version of the movie is only available on BluRay, nowhere else.

(Sure thing, don't expect it still today though, I have barely 45 minutes left till I need to greet my mattress, lol).

Roxie1563

Awards

I also only came to know about it due to my PS3 being able to play BluRays, as the Complete Version of the movie is only available on BluRay, nowhere else.

(Sure thing, don't expect it still today though, I have barely 45 minutes left till I need to greet my mattress, lol).

Ah, okay.. I'll have to check it out, lol.

(all right, thank you! I'll PM you and mind the forum messing it, so just read it as you would on a book format, if you will.)

Daxwren

Hey Sephi01812, sry real life has me very busy. I like what you have been doing the past few chapters, and for the metals shards, do I sense X(Chi)-Blade pieces. I also like how you are giving Terra a huge role as well. Many people think that Terra is unsavable at this point and I disagree. If Xehanort could plan everything in 20 years and time and always be 5 steps ahead af everyone, including the powerful Yen Sid. I think they can find a way to save Terra. Sry about the ramble, anywho, your story is saying Terra is still in service and kicking butt. I also find Vanitas trying to steal Riku's Darkness to strengthened himself is quite interesting. Like the Roxas/Ven part of the recent chapter, gotta love all the fluffiness. well this review is a tad too long so I will see you later. cant wait for next chapter. I may not been reviewing faithfully but i have always been keeping an eye on this story.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Ah, okay.. I'll have to check it out, lol.

(all right, thank you! I'll PM you and mind the forum messing it, so just read it as you would on a book format, if you will.)

Depending on where you live it can be hard to find. I had to order it from the retailer because it wasn't directly available.

(No issue, although I have to apologize that I didn't manage to do anything about it yet as well as the explanation about fight scenes in the VM since I wasn't at home the whole weekend due to family business and this week we have a new project which requires me to use my full capacity at work.)

Hey Sephi01812, sry real life has me very busy. I like what you have been doing the past few chapters, and for the metals shards, do I sense X(Chi)-Blade pieces. I also like how you are giving Terra a huge role as well. Many people think that Terra is unsavable at this point and I disagree. If Xehanort could plan everything in 20 years and time and always be 5 steps ahead af everyone, including the powerful Yen Sid. I think they can find a way to save Terra. Sry about the ramble, anywho, your story is saying Terra is still in service and kicking butt. I also find Vanitas trying to steal Riku's Darkness to strengthened himself is quite interesting. Like the Roxas/Ven part of the recent chapter, gotta love all the fluffiness. well this review is a tad too long so I will see you later. cant wait for next chapter. I may not been reviewing faithfully but i have always been keeping an eye on this story.

Hey, nice to see you around again regardless. I know something about being busy in RL as well, lol, especially the last weekend and this current week.
Glad the recent chapters were likeable. ^__^
There are quite some hints towards that, also with my continuous stressing of these shards being important, huh? Well, I can't yet confirm anything and it'll be a while until it is firmly addressed in-story, so I won't go further into this topic right now.
If they are χ-blade shards though, I'd say you probably should think about why they exist and how one of them came to be situated in the stone quarry of the main island from Destiny Islands where Rudol found it.
Heh, Terra is one of the Major 13, the thirteen most important characters of the story (not counting main villains like Xehanort, the first (still unknown) main antagonist or Maleficent).
Him being unsavable would make a big part of the secret ending Blank Points or the regular ending of Coded pointless, not to mention Nomura constantly playing the "Xehanort/Terra/Eraqus"-mess up as an important mystery to solve.
One of the main focal points in Kingdom Hearts III besides the final battle is saving those seven people who called out to Sora in Blank Points, a plot point that has been reinforced by Coded's Ending and several instances in Dream Drop Distance.
People still denying that or insisting that one or the other out of this group shouldn't be saved for whatever shallow reason should finally get over their preconceived views and acknowledge the facts that have been hinted since Birth by Sleep.
It's almost the same as with the issue of growing hearts that was hinted throughout the whole series and is still denied by some people who are either just stubborn or unable to adjust their headcanon.

As for the idea of Vanitas abusing and absorbing Riku's darkness to heal his own heart, that idea came to me when I realized that if the destruction of the χ-blade nearly destroyed Ven's heart, Vanitas' must be in the same situation since their fusion also wasn't complete.
All that fluffiness between Ven and Roxas does not only serve to eventually develop their relationship into something truly akin to close friends/brothers and show the contrast between how Ventus and Vanitas each deal with their crippled hearts, it has also another story reason I can't yet reveal.

Don't say it's too long, buddy, I like somewhat more detailed reviews. ^__^

Roxie1563

Awards

Depending on where you live it can be hard to find. I had to order it from the retailer because it wasn't directly available.

(No issue, although I have to apologize that I didn't manage to do anything about it yet as well as the explanation about fight scenes in the VM since I wasn't at home the whole weekend due to family business and this week we have a new project which requires me to use my full capacity at work.)

Hey, nice to see you around again regardless. I know something about being busy in RL as well, lol, especially the last weekend and this current week.
Glad the recent chapters were likeable. ^__^
There are quite some hints towards that, also with my continuous stressing of these shards being important, huh? Well, I can't yet confirm anything and it'll be a while until it is firmly addressed in-story, so I won't go further into this topic right now.
If they are χ-blade shards though, I'd say you probably should think about why they exist and how one of them came to be situated in the stone quarry of the main island from Destiny Islands where Rudol found it.
Heh, Terra is one of the Major 13, the thirteen most important characters of the story (not counting main villains like Xehanort, the first (still unknown) main antagonist or Maleficent).
Him being unsavable would make a big part of the secret ending Blank Points or the regular ending of Coded pointless, not to mention Nomura constantly playing the "Xehanort/Terra/Eraqus"-mess up as an important mystery to solve.
One of the main focal points in Kingdom Hearts III besides the final battle is saving those seven people who called out to Sora in Blank Points, a plot point that has been reinforced by Coded's Ending and several instances in Dream Drop Distance.
People still denying that or insisting that one or the other out of this group shouldn't be saved for whatever shallow reason should finally get over their preconceived views and acknowledge the facts that have been hinted since Birth by Sleep.
It's almost the same as with the issue of growing hearts that was hinted throughout the whole series and is still denied by some people who are either just stubborn or unable to adjust their headcanon.

As for the idea of Vanitas abusing and absorbing Riku's darkness to heal his own heart, that idea came to me when I realized that if the destruction of the χ-blade nearly destroyed Ven's heart, Vanitas' must be in the same situation since their fusion also wasn't complete.
All that fluffiness between Ven and Roxas does not only serve to eventually develop their relationship into something truly akin to close friends/brothers and show the contrast between how Ventus and Vanitas each deal with their crippled hearts, it has also another story reason I can't yet reveal.

Don't say it's too long, buddy, I like somewhat more detailed reviews. ^__^

Hm, I live in a good place that regularly restock all old and new home media and games, so I'm good. :)

(Ah, so that's what happened to you. xD I was wondering where was my VM and PM.. xD Just take your time getting the answers written up. :) )

Zero Dozer

Well, as I'm trying to finishing the Ventus-side work of the game (I have only No Heart left to beat), the only thing I can do is wait for the Sunday to come and Chapter 36 to be posted.

Nonetheless, your PoV now coinnncided with one in DDD: the Seven Lights.

So, is there a minimal chance that Roxas, Lea (the only one of those lights who was saved (or, to put it better, SAVED HIMSELF) by Sora), Xion, Naminé, Ventus, Terra, Aqua and Naminé are the ACTUAL Seven Lights? This question is only DDD-side, has no effect on your fanfic, Seph.

As for your timeline, it's too early for me to know how things will roll out as it is still at its beginning. For what I know, you can be pretty well over Chapter 60 while we wait for the 36th.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 36 posted)

Hm, I live in a good place that regularly restock all old and new home media and games, so I'm good. :)

(Ah, so that's what happened to you. xD I was wondering where was my VM and PM.. xD Just take your time getting the answers written up. :) )

Around here it depends on how "old" they are, lol.

(Yeah, I have had plenty of other stuff to attend to so I had to take three more days completely offline to get things done. I'll try to get to those things this week since I now have vacation. ;) )

Well, as I'm trying to finishing the Ventus-side work of the game (I have only No Heart left to beat), the only thing I can do is wait for the Sunday to come and Chapter 36 to be posted.

Nonetheless, your PoV now coinnncided with one in DDD: the Seven Lights.

So, is there a minimal chance that Roxas, Lea (the only one of those lights who was saved (or, to put it better, SAVED HIMSELF) by Sora), Xion, Namine, Ventus, Terra, Aqua and Namine are the ACTUAL Seven Lights? This question is only DDD-side, has no effect on your fanfic, Seph.

As for your timeline, it's too early for me to know how things will roll out as it is still at its beginning. For what I know, you can be pretty well over Chapter 60 while we wait for the 36th.

Lol, I'm actually a day late with this, but I had too much RL stuff to take care of.

Um, nope, that there are seven people to be saved serves only to further drive home the symbolism. The "seven (pure) lights" always refer to the Princesses of Heart while the seven Keyblade Wielders who oppose the Thirteen Seekers correspond with the seven light shards of the original X-blade in actual canon.
Axel/Lea is also not one of those to be saved by Sora, he never was since he didn't call out Sora's name in Blank Points.
The seven to be saved who called out to Sora (in correct order in Blank Points) are:

1. Namine
2. Xion
3. Roxas
4. Terra
5. Ventus
6. Ansem the Wise
7. Aqua

There are also seven people to save, just as there are seven sleeping Keyholes in DDD, but that's all that is about it.

Well, my chapters are comparatively short when looking at other stories (around 2000 words a chapter) and I warned beforehand this is going to be long, lol.

Right now I am right in the middle of chapter 48, but RL prevented also further work on the story for the last month or so.

---

Alright, enough with the talk, it's a day late, but now we're finally going to learn a bit more about Xehanort and his plans.
Some things from earlier chapters might become somewhat clearer and I dare to assume that the developments may raise the expectations about what is to come. ^___^

#####
XXXVI. Xehanort's Machinations

"Piece?" Rudol blurted out, unable to hide the curiosity in his voice.
He had already wondered about just what is so special about this weird shard beside the fact that it attracts Heartless and is filled with a mix of dark and light energy to the brim.

Xehanort gave him another sly smile, standing up and going to the right of his desk.
Behind the capsule-like device stood a small, rollable table which was shaped like a square with rounded edges.
Pulling that one closer, Xehanort let the shard fall onto the plate before turning to Rudol again.

"Yes, a piece. A piece of a very interesting puzzle to be frank. Still, the actual end result I can't say much about to you, as it delves into knowledge that is not for everybody to hear."

Turning away while speaking, he started to look out of the big window behind his desk, his hands with the white gloves crossed behind his back, the black coat with red inner lining flaring out due to the motions.
"Anyways, now is not the time to delve further into this territory. I would recommend you to get some rest before your next mission. After all, you get only five hours of rest now since we have to subtract three due to your lateness."

I see, so I am still not worthy to be included in the grander scheme of things. Well, I got a better outcome than I could expect...huh?
The fingers of his left hand shortly stroking over his goatee, Rudol now noticed a crashing lightning bolt outside the big panorama window, shortly illuminating the reflective properties of the glass.

"Nonetheless, you've done well in securing this piece of metal. On another note, I also noticed you're pretty much intrigued by this world, aren't you?"
Master Xehanort changed the subject pretty fast, not bothering to move around again to face Rudol, only shoving the rollable table aside with a swift flick of his left hand.

The subtly spoken invitation didn't miss its effect as the gambler's curiosity was awakened yet again.
Knowledge is like a drug, that's what also the memories of his nobody, Luxord, indicated strongly. He had always loved gambling, but also gaining knowledge and see things unfold from the sidelines like an observer.

Xehanort does have vast amounts of knowledge, but he's very picky about just what to share. Xemnas definitely got that trait from him, yet every opportunity when he does feel like sharing something should be taken.
Clearing his throat in an affirmative tone, Rudol moved around the desk to stand beside Xehanort, whose smirk was present the whole time.

It was actually his first view out of the panorama window, looking over both walls at the backside of the fortress to see what was behind it.
Rudol's eyes widened in mild surprise.
What a marvellous sight, this world is truly full of unpleasant surprises and any climatic area and element seems to be an extreme.

"Truly interesting I have to say. A totally ruined metropolis with the foul smell of charred bones, a frozen wasteland like right out of hell and now an ocean ravaged by constant thunderstorms and waves as big as skycrapers. It's almost as if this world was hit with a very abominable curse."

"An interesting observation to be sure, and not too far off the mark. This world, which is called by insiders the "Stronghold of Ruin", is indeed a victim of a calamity that was more than ten thousand years ago. You know what I am, don't you?"
Xehanort started to speak, still not facing Rudol but also looking out of the window beside him.

"Of course, a Keyblade Master with a vast vault of secrets."
Another grin by the silverhaired man followed, the golden eyes narrowing.
"And much of those will have to remain secrets. Anyhow, have you ever wondered why no one lives here?"

"I thought it to be obvious. Who would want to live here?"
"Yes, but the "City of scorched Ashes" is actually, pardon, was actually a very big city with room for over two million living beings once."

"But that was also more than ten thousand years ago, correct?" Rudol answered totally calm. If Xehanort wanted to play such a game he would not hesitate to take up the challenge.

"Indeed, this world lies deep within the Realm of In-Between, far off from any of the main known lanes between. The energy fields surrounding it also allow dark corridors to be used only on two distinct spots on the whole surface. One could actually say, this world has been forgotten by the universe at large. The backstory behind it was also pretty hard to find out. It had cost me more than two years during my travels to finally piece it together."

"Sounds really like the pieces a legend is forged from." The blonde man put his right hand shortly on his chin.
"It is a legend, needless to say that the population of over two million completely perished." Xehanort now finally turned to face Rudol, his expression so unsettling that it caused the other man to gulp.

"Perished? Every single one of them?"

A nod by the dark Master confirmed it.
"Yes, the invading armies didn't led a single one escape, they were all slaughtered in the war that ravaged this world. The remaining enourmous destructive energies being visible and tangible in the harsh weather conditions and unsettling atmosphere that haunts this place."

Another lightning bolt struck, Rudol now noticing in the short reflection that there was now a third person in the room, standing behind the globe-like device that was itself behind one of the couches. Two torches in the corner were extinguished so he could not see who it was, but the unsettling aura escaping that figure made him not even want to know.

"It's time. I have to attend to other matters. You better go and get rest, but before that inform Even that I want to see him in two hours and get your new target from him."

Stepping back and bowing, Rudol knew the audience was over.
"As you wish, Master Xehanort. Another puzzle piece?"

Xehanort simply nodded, settling back down into his comfortable desk chair.
As he turned to leave Rudol shortly thought he saw out of the corner of one eye that Master Xehanort's expression was shortly strained as if he was in some sort of an inner battle.

The massive oak door fell shut behind the gambler as Xehanort picked up a reconnaissance report from his desk.

"Why do you entertain him? It's not like he's needed for more than just a pawn." A cold voice came from the corner.

"It's called keeping up appearances, but I am not surprised this means little to you. After all, your approach on things was always more "raw" so to say. Just like you tried to use the longer method to get to Kingdom Hearts." Xehanort answered with a mocking snort.

"Like I had any other choice that time..." The voice retorted.

"Yeah, and you falsely believed Kingdom Hearts is darkness." Xehanort continued visibly amused.

"Screw that...anyhow, how many shards do we have now?" The voice sounded a tad angered.

"Seven." Xehanort answered with satisfaction. "And? How did Riku react when you appeared to him, Ansem?"
He spoke on as Ansem, Seeker of Darkness stepped out of the shadows behind the globe-like device, his clothes as usual very similar to Master Xehanort's.

"As expected with confusion and a mix of anger and fear. Mind-projection can be so satisfying to use. Still, I don't know why you had me do this. Of course it'll be a shock for him to see that I still exist, especially at the same time as you, but revealing this so early?"

At this Xehanort roared with laughter.
"It's pretty much easy: Riku's confidence needs to be shattered and disrupted. That will weaken his heart and keep it from calming down, effectively nullifying him as a serious threat. That we exist concurrently with each other is also still a mystery.
I could bet that the old crow Yen Sid or that King with overdimensional ears will try to explain it as me just taking your form...which is an explanation that would fit under normal circumstances. Also, you should not use "still exist" but rather "exist anew". You were vanquished once and only your consciousness survived."

Ansem crossed his arms at this, eyeing his original incarnation with a wry smile. "Already keeping our enemies occupied I see, very well.
The other things are hairsplitting details which aren't needed though. You should know that best of all people. So how is the main plan going along?"

Xehanort raised a brow.
"It's far more than just keeping them occupied as thanks to two unwitting 'scouts' I know exactly what's going on with Riku and Sora. As for the main plan..." He fetched one of the shards from the table with his free hand. "...it's going steadily but we still can't allow our steps to be revealed to our enemies yet."

"I understand, do we have any news from the units in Radiant Garden?"

"Not yet...but that can be changed." Xehanort answered, put the report down and summoned a ball of dark flame in his left hand.
Out of the flame shot the image of a mysterious cloaked figure standing on a cliff.
"How's the situation?" Xehanort asked.

"Braig and Isa have infiltrated the Town and Castle with help of Ienzo's illusions, the diversion attack of Heartless has been started as planned." The figure answered.
"Good, we have new information for you, apparently Emyd found another two targets for us, one is located at Ansem the Wise's castle and another in the Dark Depths. Take care of the latter one and secure it yourself."

At the mention of that name Ansem, Seeker of Darkness snorted dismissingly. "That useless, lazy coward..."
"All true, but he's a prodigy when it comes to reconnaissance. Everyone can be used with the abilities he or she excels in." Master Xehanort retorted.
"That's the only thing he's really good for, though." The black coated figure added.

"And yet his heart was still strong enough to give birth to a human shaped nobody, which you should know better than anyone. That is not something to be taken lightly." Xehanort smirked at the hooded figure before turning to Ansem.
"You get going to fetch the target inside Ansem the Wise's castle, the Heartless attacks should have caused enough uproar so you can go unnoticed."

"Alright then. But what about Riku and Sora?"

"Let them be for now...they are nowhere ready to take on things and I know that they both have enough problems on the "inside", if you understand what I mean."
With these words Xehanort gave away another unsettling smile, which was immediately met by a devilish smirk of Ansem, who seconds later stormed out of the office, on his way to one of the spots to leave the Stronghold of Ruin.

Xehanort turned around in his chair to look out of the window again, content on how everything was developing.
It's really marvellous, nearly all pieces on the chessboard are playing into my hands. And this even without me actually actively guiding some of them. Just by looking into their personalities and preferences I could adjust my plans to line up with theirs to get the most benefit out for me! Maleficent building up a new faction and scheming again serves as a wonderful distraction for me, as Sora and Mickey will have to protect the worlds from direct threats. Eraqus sending his Heart into Terra's and the two still opposing me internally actually served to further validate one of my other theories, one which I suspect Sora and Ventus will help me prove for good. Their resistance is surely amusing, as the only things they manage to do is holding on to their sense of self, deny me the use of multiple Keyblades and cause an unsettling feeling now or then. And finally there's Vanitas, hard to believe, but if everything plays out the best way he will eventually bring the most important pieces, including himself, to me without even realizing it. If it doesn't, I just need to react quickly enough to pick up the pieces and finish off the useless ones who will be already weakened by him.
With another smile, Xehanort closed his eyes in satisfaction.

#####

Looks like we got two more characters added to the roster on Xehanort's side...and he's very satisfied how things develop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zero Dozer

OOOOOOOOOOOH, YOU SMARTA$S! ANSEM THE SEEKER? HOW IN THE WORLDS?

Oh, and Emyd... Well, I know it was either Emyd or Dyme... But I think that Dyme is somewhat better... Sounds more like his personallity. (Also, Emyd sounds so arab...)

Fortress of Ruin. Interesting name. But still, sounds to me like only the referrence for the place Xehanort is in.

Also, it is interesting to see that Xehanort is boiling up quite the huge jigsaw. For now, seems that everything is REALLY playing in his favor, even things that didn't depend on him.

Also, I think we are about to see how Leon will get out of that cybermess in Radiant Garden...

Nonetheless, a great chapter, Seph.

Roxie1563

Awards

So, this is the new update, eh?

Seems Xehanort has everything lined up just for him to take it in.

I think coming up next is back to Leon, right?

I'm so ready for the next chapter, lol. :3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

OOOOOOOOOOOH, YOU SMARTA$S! ANSEM THE SEEKER? HOW IN THE WORLDS?

Oh, and Emyd... Well, I know it was either Emyd or Dyme... But I think that Dyme is somewhat better... Sounds more like his personallity. (Also, Emyd sounds so arab...)

Fortress of Ruin. Interesting name. But still, sounds to me like only the referrence for the place Xehanort is in.

Also, it is interesting to see that Xehanort is boiling up quite the huge jigsaw. For now, seems that everything is REALLY playing in his favor, even things that didn't depend on him.

Also, I think we are about to see how Leon will get out of that cybermess in Radiant Garden...

Nonetheless, a great chapter, Seph.

Hehehe, yeah, I'm making good on the Secret Ending of Re: Coded without actually resorting to time-travel shenanigans. As you noticed probably even Xehanort himself comments how outside the norm the circumstances are and he explicitly points out that Ansem is "reborn" and exists "anew". How that's possible will be for later to reveal, but I can already say that beside Xehanort himself, Terra, Eraqus and Even also play a role.

If you pronounce the "my" in the name like the actual my and the first E like eye I don't think it sounds soo arab anymore, lol.
Dyme is too close to "Demyx" for my tastes, the letters aren't juggled enough in that variant. :p

The place where Xehanort and his cronies reside right now, despite not being named in-story yet, does have a different name though, that place is called the Citadel of Madness.
The name "Fortress of Ruin" for the whole world refers to first its actual shape (in ruin) and second the fact that it is incredibly hard to reach (the whole world is a fortress in itself).
Needless to say though that this name isn't the true name of the world, as it only got this name after the calamity that befell it Xehanort spoke about with Rudol.
That Xehanort even elaborated on this has also another meaning, it wasn't just to dump info for the reader. The reason why he suddenly decided to share that knowledge with Rudol he spent years to accumulate, the reason he decided to make it his new base despite the unfriendly climate and the difficulty to leave that world lies deeper in Xehanort's own motivations and, surprise, also has something to do with the Mysterious Figure from BBS.

Indeed, I mentioned in answers to earlier chapters already that right now Xehanort is several steps ahead of every other involved faction, but this chapter really hammered it home.
I took also measures to point out that Xehanort didn't plan everything by himself, but that the things he didn't plan go into his favor in most cases because he is clever enough to predict how certain characters behave and act and can take benefits from their performances in different ways.
Even if some best case scenarios do not happen, he has made precautions for other outcomes and can adapt accordingly.

In this chapter Xehanort also speaks to Ansem about "unwitting scouts" and some chapters earlier Naminé told Kairi about heart connections being "like a network" and also being able to be misused and becoming dangerous. Add on top of this Xehanort knowing exactly what's up with Vanitas right now and you get some pretty hints for further development.

It will be still quite some time until we get back to Leon or Beatrix, Fran, Balthier or Aerith, although the next chapters will return to Radiant Garden as location.

Thanks. ^__^

So, this is the new update, eh?

Seems Xehanort has everything lined up just for him to take it in.

I think coming up next is back to Leon, right?

I'm so ready for the next chapter, lol. :3

Seems like it. ;P

Yep, and it's half his own planning and half him anticipating other people's actions. Right now everything is so well lined up for him that even Xehanort himself is mildly surprised that everything goes this smoothly.

Radiant Garden yes, Leon and the FF-gang no.
The focus next chapter will be on Ienzo and that black-coat dude who first appeared with Braig and Isa in chapter 8.
This chapter will however also first introduce the fourth "neutral" party in the whole conflict. They use callsigns among each other for secrecy reasons, but clever people will probably recognize who they are nonetheless. If not in this, then in one of the following chapters.

Next Weekend, next chapter. :D

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Awards

Hehehe, yeah, I'm making good on the Secret Ending of Re: Coded without actually resorting to time-travel shenanigans. As you noticed probably even Xehanort himself comments how outside the norm the circumstances are and he explicitly points out that Ansem is "reborn" and exists "anew". How that's possible will be for later to reveal, but I can already say that beside Xehanort himself, Terra, Eraqus and Even also play a role.

If you pronounce the "my" in the name like the actual my and the first E like eye I don't think it sounds soo arab anymore, lol.
Dyme is too close to "Demyx" for my tastes, the letters aren't juggled enough in that variant. :p

The place where Xehanort and his cronies reside right now, despite not being named in-story yet, does have a different name though, that place is called the Citadel of Madness.
The name "Fortress of Ruin" for the whole world refers to first its actual shape (in ruin) and second the fact that it is incredibly hard to reach (the whole world is a fortress in itself).
Needless to say though that this name isn't the true name of the world, as it only got this name after the calamity that befell it Xehanort spoke about with Rudol.
That Xehanort even elaborated on this has also another meaning, it wasn't just to dump info for the reader. The reason why he suddenly decided to share that knowledge with Rudol he spent years to accumulate, the reason he decided to make it his new base despite the unfriendly climate and the difficulty to leave that world lies deeper in Xehanort's own motivations and, surprise, also has something to do with the Mysterious Figure from BBS.

Indeed, I mentioned in answers to earlier chapters already that right now Xehanort is several steps ahead of every other involved faction, but this chapter really hammered it home.
I took also measures to point out that Xehanort didn't plan everything by himself, but that the things he didn't plan go into his favor in most cases because he is clever enough to predict how certain characters behave and act and can take benefits from their performances in different ways.
Even if some best case scenarios do not happen, he has made precautions for other outcomes and can adapt accordingly.

In this chapter Xehanort also speaks to Ansem about "unwitting scouts" and some chapters earlier Naminé told Kairi about heart connections being "like a network" and also being able to be misused and becoming dangerous. Add on top of this Xehanort knowing exactly what's up with Vanitas right now and you get some pretty hints for further development.

It will be still quite some time until we get back to Leon or Beatrix, Fran, Balthier or Aerith, although the next chapters will return to Radiant Garden as location.

Thanks. ^__^

Seems like it. ;P

Yep, and it's half his own planning and half him anticipating other people's actions. Right now everything is so well lined up for him that even Xehanort himself is mildly surprised that everything goes this smoothly.

Radiant Garden yes, Leon and the FF-gang no.
The focus next chapter will be on Ienzo and that black-coat dude who first appeared with Braig and Isa in chapter 8.
This chapter will however also first introduce the fourth "neutral" party in the whole conflict. They use callsigns among each other for secrecy reasons, but clever people will probably recognize who they are nonetheless. If not in this, then in one of the following chapters.

Next Weekend, next chapter. :D

But things can be changed in an instant by either Sora and the gang, Leon and the FF gangs, or someone else.

Ooh, that sounds something to follow! :D

Lol, I can't wait!! :D As usual.

Zero Dozer

I suppose this cloaked mystery is Emyd.

What reminds me that Marluxia and Larxene are yet to be seen.

Well, I'm eager to know this "fourth party", as well as I am eager to see what will become of Lea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back