• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Headcanons

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
My current big headcanon is that Sora was born and built up specifically to stop Xehanort. For every bad deed Xehanort has done in the series, Sora was placed in a way to react and reverse said deed. This is especially obvious with Ven for example. Xehanort destroyed Ven, but both times when Ven needed help, Sora was there to make sure he lived on somehow.

So in DDD when Xehanort called Sora a dull and ordinary boy, I think Xehanort expected the universe to put forth someone to stop him, but he expected someone old and wise like himself to be his equal, not this little kid who cares too much.

In BbS, maybe Xehanort was so super focused on Ven and disappointed that he wouldn't use the darkness because maybe he mistook Ven as the person the universe 'created' to stop him. In a way, he wasn't completely wrong. But Ven wasn't 'the one', he just lead Xehanort to Sora in the most backwards way possible.

Technically, it could've been anyone who stopped Xehanort, but I think it was all decided when Ven and Sora met for the first time that fateful day when Ven was almost abandoned on Destiny Island (speaking of, does that mean it was March 28th, Sora's bday?)

Xname

Awards
My head canon is that Sora’s mum/mom had a virgin birth and that Sora is really just the result of Luxu and MoM messing with the darkness causing an unbalance and Sora is really just the light hitting back to restore equilibrium.

brownies for anyone who can guess the inspiration behind this specific headcanon

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
My head canon is that Sora’s mum/mom had a virgin birth and that Sora is really just the result of Luxu and MoM messing with the darkness causing an unbalance and Sora is really just the light hitting back to restore equilibrium.

brownies for anyone who can guess the inspiration behind this specific headcanon

Xehanort manipulated midichlorians and when the keyblade found Sora it saw that the midichlorian count was way too high, higher than normal. But he was too old to learn how to wield the keyblade. The keyblade council decided to let the keyblade stay with the boy so he's destined to become Darth Half-Pint and rule the galaxy beside Xehanort. >.>

wolfshadow0118

Sora has only his mother (father died at a young age), and sora has a younger sister.

The other, if we were still during com's original gba days, is that Axel was Sara's father. This is due to a line where he says he knows sora.

My last head canon, is that Twilight Town was Sara's original home that he forgot about after being transported to Destiny Islands. This means Riku is the only original Destiny Islands native of the trio.

shady543

Awards
At this point I'm starting to headcanon that something happened to Sora's father at one point when Sora was really young or he left the island.
Sora is the type to like pineapple on pizza because he is a man of culture
I like to consider Vanitas's backstory and general characterization in the light novel (like how he likes star gazing) as canon. So I guess for now it's a headcanon until I play all of KH3.
Also agree with Rodin about Demyx being the type to cave in to peer pressure really easily

Leaferian

Awards
The real reason Aqua didn't give Sora the keyblade was because she could tell Riku was Gay AF and she knew from experience that having a flashy keyblade sets off your brooding closeted friend because he is jealous of your open fabulousness.

AayriSolassa

I had a somewhat tinfoil hat headcanon back in the day that Isa was originally from Gran Pulse and somewhat linked to the Farseers (blue hair/green eyes, Luna Diviner), because I was bored of everyone being from Radiant Garden, haha.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The Nobody Moogle looked everywhere for Roxas after the Xion fight because he was growing his own heart and was worried for him.

Ashton69

Awards
I subscribe to the theory that Riku is on the autistic spectrum. His is obsessed with smell, completely bombed with that red head who was dtf (down to fun,) and was so drained from socialization that he had to hide from his friends for a year.

Also Xehanort has absolutely no idea what is going on or what is he doing. He is improvising it all and succeeding.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The real reason Aqua didn't give Sora the keyblade was because she could tell Riku was Gay AF and she knew from experience that having a flashy keyblade sets off your brooding closeted friend because he is jealous of your open fabulousness.

Wait, that isn't canon?

I had a somewhat tinfoil hat headcanon back in the day that Isa was originally from Gran Pulse and somewhat linked to the Farseers (blue hair/green eyes, Luna Diviner), because I was bored of everyone being from Radiant Garden, haha.

This is so cute. Now I really want Yeul to be in KH-whatever. Yeul, Noel, Serah, and Caius.

The Nobody Moogle looked everywhere for Roxas after the Xion fight because he was growing his own heart and was worried for him.

;~;

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Between the ending of KH2 and DDD both Sora and Riku had to take summer school to make up for all the school they missed. Kairi and Selphie helped tutor them of course.

LostArtist

Awards
Between the ending of KH2 and DDD both Sora and Riku had to take summer school to make up for all the school they missed. Kairi and Selphie helped tutor them of course.

Has sora even gone to school lol, cause in kh2 I remember HPO talking to him about homework and him being like what the heck is that

LostArtist

Awards
I would assume so since Kairi and Selphie were shown attending high school in KH2
yea even with that I still thought Sora had no idea what homework was when I first saw that scene. I just rewatched it and it still looks like he has no idea what homework is xD. strange.

edit: I'm going to conclude that the word 'homework' was never used in destiny islands, and this scene was to highlight how different the town is from sora's hometown (they use different terms for things)

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Braig can play the trumpet.

Dilan cleans Radiant Garden castle when not on guard duty.

Even and Lauriam are very good cooks.

Aeleus likes to collect toys.

Ienzo tends to work over night and forget to eat, so Aeleus will make him a sandwich.

Demyx plays tennis.

Isa's favorite food is bananas.

Lea worked as a pizza delivery guy.

Luxord's hobby is creating mixtapes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I liked the idea of Riku having an unrequited crush on Kairi before kH1.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
We know from the Secret Ansem Reports that Ienzo pushed Ansem the Wise to conduct the experiments on the heart. Considering he was only a young child at the time that would have happened, I believe either Xehanort or Even manipulated Ienzo since they knew Ansem the Wise loved him like a son. They likely told Ienzo that these experiments could help him understand the loss of his parents or possibly even bring them back by accessing Kingdom Hearts.
I second this.

I'm also the camp that headcanons the reincarnation theory. What I think makes Sora so special is that he's literally a new heart: he's not a reincarnation of anyone. His heart is a literal blank slate.

I also headcanon that, whatever theories we may come up with to explain how Ven and the Org Xiii Somebodies can be in Union X, Lauriam actually did live through that time period and has been traveling the universe for however many centuries it's been since the war, using the magic flower from Tangled to keep himself young and healthy. Mother Gothel was his student. He may or many not have given her a Keyblade, but either way, he taught her everything she knew about the flower.

Hallowseve

My headcanon is/was borderline ridiculous, but I always thought that after Vanitas was defeated in BbS, like Ventus, he too entered Sora's heart. I know. Short and simple, but I thought it was plausible for the longest time.

Back