• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Headcanons

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Don't know why my memory had the balcony more fancy looking than it is.

Yeah I agree about Kairi coming from wealth also since she was adopted by the mayor, but Riku gives off the Lonely Rich Kid vibe much more strongly, and it would give more reasoning behind the superiority/inferiority complex he has.

Also a headcanon related to this: he got officially trained in swordsmanship through classes or had access to books about it, being the reason why he had the formal stances/fighting skills when they would only play fight with toy swords.
I can get wealth from that balcony even if it's not as fancy as you remembered it. I'm really liking this idea of Riku being the lonely rich boy. To take your headcanons a little further, part of Riku's almost obsessive-like behavior towards wanting to protect his friends comes from him feeling he's the only one qualified to due to being the only one of them with formal training.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Too bad Destiny Islands isn't playable. Sora, Riku, and Kairi's home lives could have been really expanded on. Oh well maybe next game.

Perkilator

Awards
I’ve noticed that Sora can memorize names of people he’s just met as if he’s known them for a while. I think maybe he has an astute ability to memorize anything new he hears about.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
As an islander, in my islander opinion that balcony looks fancy. Rich boy Riku has some great potential for fics.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
This has always been my headcannon for the enigma of Nobodies' emotions:

The Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories manga and several other media forms provide an alternative view [of Nobodies' emotions], saying that they do have emotions, but are plagued by a feeling of uncertainty and emptiness due to not having hearts. The manga further displays this "plagued" feeling by showing the members engaging in tasks like jigsaw puzzles, cooking, and reading to try to fill their emptiness.

I think this lines up much better with what we actually see from how Nobodies act, rather than the somewhat hand-wavy "emotions based on memories" explanations we see. I also like this better than the idea of Nobodies cultivating a new heart because it keeps the lore so much more airtight (no reason to needlessly complicate things).

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Not a headcanon but I recently thought about writing a fan fic of:

What Kingdom Hearts would be if Sora kept his memories from Namine and continued his life trying to remember his old friends.

Kairi would be a central focus, as he'll always have memories reaching out to someone he doesn't remember. DiZ would never have gotten a hold of Namine and Roxas wouldn't have had to merge back with Sora. This could lead to Sora and Roxas teaming up or even Roxas staying or going back to the organization. Riku wouldn't have transformed into Ansem because he wouldn't have had to fight Roxas, and Xion may never have had to die. Sora was still a goal for the Org, but without Sora defeating Xemnas then Xehanort wouldn't come back. So many things all hinged on that year Sora was asleep. Kairi could leave the Islands and pursue a keyblade wielder role to try to find her friends.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This has always been my headcannon for the enigma of Nobodies' emotions:

I think this lines up much better with what we actually see from how Nobodies act, rather than the somewhat hand-wavy "emotions based on memories" explanations we see. I also like this better than the idea of Nobodies cultivating a new heart because it keeps the lore so much more airtight (no reason to needlessly complicate things).

Yeah. I think Nobodies growing hearts is the only new lore introduction in DDD that wasn't much of a headache like time-traveling, and it was sorta hinted throughout the games.

And it also explains why Ienzo grew so much during his days as Zexion, lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah. I think Nobodies growing hearts is the only new lore introduction in DDD that wasn't much of a headache like time-traveling, and it was sorta hinted throughout the games.

That's most likely the reason it wasn't such a headache, because it was hinted at and played with throughout the entire series.
If puppets (like Pinocchio) or Replicas can gain/develop new hearts it is not too far fetched that Nobodies can do the same when following the right process.
It was also an open-ended question in both KH 2 and Days.

So in this case DDD only clarified something that was ambiguous before, it didn't retcon anything.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
My first headcanon from KH3. Woohoo! XD

spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KeybladeOrder

Awards

spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I had similar thoughts. And even if
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Headcanon: Donald and Goofy (more so Donald) don't like Riku. I know it's dumb, but when I was replaying KH1 and 2, it seemed like they always only cared about finding Mickey and only cared about Riku because he was with Mickey (hence leading them to Mickey). They also get immediately ignored by Sora whenever Riku is around.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I now ship Large Body & Parasol Beauty. Yes there may be a bit of a size difference but Mr. Body is a proper gentleheartless outside of battle & their love is pure.

WaltK

Awards
The reason Ansem’s apprentices all took so long to return to their human forms after their nobodies were slayed, and why they all returned at the same time, is because their hearts were trapped inside Xemnas’ makeshift Kingdom Hearts until Ansem partially destroyed it with his machine.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The reason Ansem’s apprentices all took so long to return to their human forms after their nobodies were slayed, and why they all returned at the same time, is because their hearts were trapped inside Xemnas’ makeshift Kingdom Hearts until Ansem partially destroyed it with his machine.

Hmm... this is actually a pretty good explanation.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show
On the plus side, at least Kairi is now fully equipped to defeat Mrs. Potts.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well since we are doing KH3 headcannons
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer
Spoiler Spoiler Show

shady543

Awards
Well since we are doing KH3 headcannons
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora has always loved dancing and has even gone to ballet school with Riku in the past (Riku's battle movements often mimic that of a danseur, although in later games Riku has taken on more graceful moves especially in KH3 due to some reuse of Aqua's battle movements which are definitely like a ballerina Sora's are closer to those of a less graceful ballerina). Sora probably also has experience with other dancing styles.

If he had been left to live a normal life on Destiny Islands, he would have become a dancer or some sort of performer. His love of dancing is something he was afraid to take pride in when he was younger due to his inferiority complex in relation to Riku, but as he's become more adept at wielding a Keyblade, he feels more confident in showing off his abilities and using them. He loves incorporating dance moves into combat as it just comes so naturally to him.

It would explain why he is not shy at all about taking part in dances whether it be with Jack Skellington, Ariel or the whole population of the Kingdom of Corona.

(*cough* Sora and Riku know the full choreography of "I Don't Dance" from High School Musical 2, the best movie ever created *cough*)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Sora has always loved dancing and has even gone to ballet school with Riku in the past (Riku's battle movements often mimic that of a danseur, although in later games Riku has taken on more graceful moves especially in KH3 due to some reuse of Aqua's battle movements which are definitely like a ballerina Sora's are closer to those of a less graceful ballerina). Sora probably also has experience with other dancing styles.

If he had been left to live a normal life on Destiny Islands, he would have become a dancer or some sort of performer. His love of dancing is something he was afraid to take pride in when he was younger due to his inferiority complex in relation to Riku, but as he's become more adept at wielding a Keyblade, he feels more confident in showing off his abilities and using them. He loves incorporating dance moves into combat as it just comes so naturally to him.

It would explain why he is not shy at all about taking part in dances whether it be with Jack Skellington, Ariel or the whole population of the Kingdom of Corona.

(*cough* Sora and Riku know the full choreography of "I Don't Dance" from High School Musical 2, the best movie ever created *cough*)

We need more intellectuals like you in this dry, cold world.

Back