• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS: FINAL MIX Volume 1 + 2 Covers Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The Kingdom Hearts Manga is sooooo awesome. It's so funny and it was really unique experiencing the KH story in a different way. The KH Manga was the first Manga I've ever owned and I cannot wait to read it again...cause I accidently lost my copies. Btw, is this version of the Manga any different from the original?
It'll have new translations done by Yen Press but otherwise no, everything remains the same.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I didn't think it was the best cover xD The other ones were super mysterious then there was super bubbly Atlantica. xD I like it as art and I love TLM and Atlantica the world. I just didn't like it as a cover :p

It is true that it doesn't fit haha but I still like it as the second best cover (I like the first one the best because it just looks so nice) and I like the little interruption. Besides Sora's very odd facial expression, I like how everyone is drawn (especially Flounder) on the cover >_< I'm probably just LM-biased haha

KH1 Atlantica is a great world.

I agree! However, it seems like from KH1, people always complained about how bad the controls were (I thought they were fine though) and in KH2..well...let's not even BEGIN to discuss what went wrong in KH2 haha and now this cover! ATLANTICA NEEDS LOVE!!!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Replaced the images with the better quality covers Yen Press uploaded onto their website.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
(I want to note that the manga are rated T for Teen when the TokyoPop versions were rated A for All Ages. So...expect a lot more accurate translations!)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We're gonna get the prostitute propositioning Sora the proper way and Donald's cursing and even Cid. *cry* This is all I ever wanted.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
We're gonna get the prostitute propositioning Sora the proper way and Donald's cursing and even Cid. *cry* This is all I ever wanted.

I knew there was a reason I never got around to getting the KH manga series... it was because my Heart knew this day was coming. ;3; *cries with Spockanort* I'm so happy. <33333

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Got my copies of Kingdom Hearts!

And there are six additional pages containing a new Final Mix story. Fierce Roxas, cutie Sora looking slightly older, Enigmatic Man being enigmatic and RIKU!

Enjoy, guys!

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
These are indeed great covers.

Though I seriously can't see Yen Press without adding a "Sid" after Yen.

also I like the sound of that added story.

Dark Wing

Awards
got mine :D i'm gonna read both the new translation and the tokyopop translation simultaneously just for the heck of it to see whats all different :3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
WADDLE WADDLE WADDLE. Best thing of this translation. That and the prostitute's line. (The translation is fantastic. ;A; So much better than TPs)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
got mine :D i'm gonna read both the new translation and the tokyopop translation simultaneously just for the heck of it to see whats all different :3
I encourage you to post about the differences and which you prefer!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Yen Press did a really great job with the mangas. The bindcover is beautifully made.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yen Press did a really great job with the mangas. The bindcover is beautifully made.

So much agreement it is ridiculous. On my shelf I have the Tokyopress and Yes Press versions next to each other and the Tokyopress ones are just...well...really disappointing.

Also, were the new segments at the end of Vol. 2 in the Japanese Final Mix versions?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Please tell us any notable differences.

WADDLE WADDLE WADDLE. Best thing of this translation. That and the prostitute's line. (The translation is fantastic. ;A; So much better than TPs)

Is the waddle for Donald? xD And what's the prostitute line. o_O

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is the waddle for Donald? xD And what's the prostitute line. o_O

Yep! He was waddling to find Goofy when Donald first finds King Mickey's letter.

Um, in Traverse Town there is a prostitute that in the original Tokyopop translation says "Let me show you around." but in the Japanese version it was a lot more playful in tone. The Yen Press version says "Why don't you let big sis here show you around ♥"

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Yep! He was waddling to find Goofy when Donald first finds King Mickey's letter.

Um, in Traverse Town there is a prostitute that in the original Tokyopop translation says "Let me show you around." but in the Japanese version it was a lot more playful in tone. The Yen Press version says "Why don't you let big sis here show you around ♥"

xD That sounds very funny can't wait to read it!

Dark Wing

Awards
Please tell us any notable differences.

im not too far into it yet, but i did notice in the 4 panel shorts in the back of volume 1, the "cafe de Aerith" (which TP has as "cafe du Aerith") the drink Aerith is offering Leon is iced tea as apposed to lemonade and leon's complaining about too much sugar rather than salt. (does that count as notable?)

also the character sketches from TP vol 1 are absent :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back