• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS: FINAL MIX Volume 1 + 2 Covers Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
im not too far into it yet, but i did notice in the 4 panel shorts in the back of volume 1, the "cafe de Aerith" (which TP has as "cafe du Aerith") the drink Aerith is offering Leon is iced tea as apposed to lemonade and leon's complaining about too much sugar rather than salt. (does that count as notable?)

Tokyopop changed the drink. In the original Japanese version it was barley tea, but they made it lemonade. Yen Press has changed it back to barley tea.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Tokyopop changed the drink. In the original Japanese version it was barley tea, but they made it lemonade. Yen Press has changed it back to barley tea.

Yeah. Outside of the prostitute character. I felt that the characters were better translated. For example in the scene where the Disney villains were discussing the Cheshire Cat, the Yen Press translation makes it clear which one is talking just ny the choice of words they use (Hook says they should have sent him to Davy Jones Locker.) where as the dialogue is so generic in the tokyopop version anyone could be saying those lines.

Also, I wonder if the dialogue they gave the enigmatic man is from 1.5?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Questions for anyone who has read the final mixes yet or have the original versions because I haven't read the originals in a long time.
1) Why do the final mixes go in the opposite directions of the others?
2) I saw the bonus story at the end of volume 2 but between Episode 19 and 20 there's a bonus episode where it ends with Riku meeting Maleficent. Is that another extra or was that in the original versions?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Questions for anyone who has read the final mixes yet or have the original versions because I haven't read the originals in a long time.
1) Why do the final mixes go in the opposite directions of the others?

In Japan they made the manga read from left-to-right, probably to make it feel more like a Western comic book and give it that "Disney" feel, so the TP and YP prints matched that.

It seems like something that would have confused the Japanese readers, and with CoM they went ahead and made it the traditional right-to-left style.

2) I saw the bonus story at the end of volume 2 but between Episode 19 and 20 there's a bonus episode where it ends with Riku meeting Maleficent. Is that another extra or was that in the original versions?

It is an added chapter. It details when Riku as a child finds Destiny Island's keyhole, then to when Riku arrives in Hollow Bastion and meets Maleficent :3

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I forgot how good an artist amano is. (and how black he drew Ansem SoD)

Awards
I just picked up vol 1 and 2 from my book store and I'm really enjoying them. The only thing that surprised me was that the rating is "all ages" even though the website clearly says it is "teen".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back