• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance Volume II: The Search for More Money

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
By the end of this new handheld console generation (Vita and 3DS), I'm am pretty sure almost every gamer will have both systems so it doesn't matter in the end lol

Ronove

People have their own opinions. Some people are still convinced that the Vita is just an upgraded PSP with 2 touch screens, 1 more analog stick, and better hardware. However, the same can be argued that the 3DS is just an upgraded DS with 3D, 2 more analog sticks, and 2 more shoulder buttons. Really, the argument is almost physically impossible to end -__-

How is an upgrade, er, bad? Upgrade is a good thing. And I don't wanna get into console wars, I'm talking Kingdom Hearts here. How is all DAT POWER bad for a KH game? I mean, we saw that BBS was one of, if not the, best game in the series due to being able to meet the hardware standards of KH1 and KH2, while 365/2 and Re:coded failed in that regard because of severe limitations coming from the hardware.

Luckily both the Vita and the 3DS have solid potential, but I just can't see why a KHfan would be opposed to high powered hardware.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They are opposed because it costs a lot to buy new consoles for games.

images

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They are opposed because it costs a lot to buy new consoles for games.

images

This is only one reason though, the main point is not to have to invest money for a new console, but to have invest money for several consoles.
In the current generation I also have only one handheld, the PSP. I forsaked the Nintendo DS not because there aren't interesting games for it but because it's simply too expensive, the console costs and every single game as well.
I was already pissed that I can't play my over 25 PS2-games on the PS3 because of lacking backwards compatibility so I kept my PS2.

The 3DS has backwards compatibility and is therefore a way better investment as you can also play normal DS games on it, allowing me to play Days, Re: Coded and TWEWY as well then.
The Vita doesn't allow that and I HATE downloaded games...I want to have something in my hands and just another analog-stick and a bit better graphic is certainly not a buying reason.

I do not deny that a KH-title on that system is very probable, but it would be certainly better to keep that to the next saga. The games of the Xehanort-saga are already spread out so wide it's hard to truly keep up with it's interconnected story.

So IF BBSv2 (or whatever the Mystery game is called) will be really put on that system I will have to forsake it.

Ronove

I guess I can understand that, but is there really much of a point to backwards compatibility if you already own the system on which you played Days, Re:coded, and etc?

The backwards compatibility argument seems rather moot if you've played all previous entries in the series.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I guess I can understand that, but is there really much of a point to backwards compatibility if you already own the system on which you played Days, Re:coded, and etc?

The backwards compatibility argument seems rather moot if you've played all previous entries in the series.

But that's the point, in my above post I already said I only own the PSP.
I never owned a normal DS and the backwards compatibility is important very much when you want to replay older Games as well.
The only KH entries I really played up to now are KH1, KH2 and BBS. The others I got all information on Youtube, Wiki and other i-net sources.
When I buy a game I don't plan to just beat it once and then let it rot in my shelf or sell it.
I still replay PS2-games like FF X, FF XII or the .hack-quadrology, FF VII or IX from the PS1 or Crisis Core, Dissidia etc. for PSP.

I just have other priorities by far and up to now the Vita doesn't interest me one single bit.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Ah c'mon! It looks pretty sweet. Plus this one actually has Wi-Fi built in.

I'm expecting 3D to cover a little more than character development. Chances are the mark of mastery will only be one level in the entire game. I'm expecting the Mark of Mastery to be the equivalent to the first time we went to Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts, and the time we went to the Mysterious Castle in Kingdom Hearts II.

It's the last introduction level where the plot's goal makes itself clear/er.

lol. Vita being "dumb". It's game line-up so far is way more impressive than the 3DS. It is a matter of tastes, I suppose. I like it better than the 3DS, at least.

How is the Vita "dumb", if I may ask? In terms of raw power it can produce a Kingdom Hearts game a step up in potential from BBS, 3DS, and even KH2.

its all bout the lack of backwards compatibilty, that what killed it for me from the star i dont understnad why they didint include that as a feature

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm honestly hoping that they allow people to enter some code where they can download their games from PSN for free. I do think the lack of backwards compatibility on the Vita is stupid...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm honestly hoping that they allow people to enter some code where they can download their games from PSN for free. I do think the lack of backwards compatibility on the Vita is stupid...

I think that would win pretty much everyone who's on the fence over. That's the huge gleaming error in the system and it's bugging so many people.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Vita's line-up is mostly ports & sequels of series I haven't actually played yet, I have no experience of Uncharted or Persona. FFX & MGS ports are less relevant to me than OoT & SF64 because at least those got graphic updates.

Ronove

Now let's be fair here, both the 3DS and Vita have quite a bit of ports. There isn't too much originality on either sides of the table. And the 3DS has been suffering from critical third party support and sales for awhile now, which is why they slashed the price. I think making a KH game for the Vita makes perfect sense with that in mind.

Zul

Awards
its all bout the lack of backwards compatibilty, that what killed it for me from the star i dont understnad why they didint include that as a feature

They also did that to later versions of the PS3. I didn't know when I got my PS3 >.<.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
They mentioned that they are considering ways for people to not have to buy psp games again to play them on Vita. Such as a UMD-reading peripheral.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They mentioned that they are considering ways for people to not have to buy psp games again to play them on Vita. Such as a UMD-reading peripheral.

...That we'll have to pay for. I wouldn't mind buying it, but I'd hope they'd announce one soon so people can decide if they want to trade their PSP in.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
It was indeed. I regret not spelling money as munney, though. I actually expect BBSv2 to be right before KH3, because we pretty much know all about Xehanort by now. But we don't know much about the ROD, and though we've been told DARKNESS is hella legit we haven't had much of a chance to see that proven. So I think BBSv2 will be all about how darkness is pretty bro tier if you use it well enough and how the ROD isn't totally horrible... maybe.
Yeah I can see that happening now, at first I thought BBS vol. 2 would be making the 2012 mark followed by KH3D in 2013 but it seems it might be the other way around. And if Vol.2 is the "recap" game so to speak it only makes since for it to be the game before KH3.

KNightof5orrow

Where is the Muffin Button?
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah I can see that happening now, at first I thought BBS vol. 2 would be making the 2012 mark followed by KH3D in 2013 but it seems it might be the other way around. And if Vol.2 is the "recap" game so to speak it only makes since for it to be the game before KH3.

What would be the point of a "recap" game? Couldn't people just go back and play/read about the story?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What would be the point of a "recap" game? Couldn't people just go back and play/read about the story?

If new fans don't have the old systems (because the PS2 is getting harder to find and harder to be repaired *has a dying PS2*), this is a good chance for people to just slide in to the story that will have new plot but also expand on old stuff. It is a good tool to tie things together before ending a saga.

Also, some people don't enjoy just reading. Playing has a unique feel to it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's what everyone said about the Go.

Why build something like that for a system that didn't even get off of its feet? The Go was stupid. The Vita has a lot more potential, and it isn't just a "herpderp download games and play them on this tinier screen and cramped buttons" system.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
The problem with the Go was "LET'S CHARGE MORE MONEY FOR SOMETHING WITH LESS FEATURES LOL"

With the Vita, at least there's more features. Like a second joystick-thing and a touch screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back