• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Destati

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin326

Here's the begining of Part IV. its a bit shorter than i would like, but i was afflicted with small scale writers block, i had a hard time trying to find a way to start this Part.
Part IV
Keyblade War

Prologue
The Plans​

“But why would he do it?” Firefly asked.

“Don’t you see the deception? Its there so he can fade into the background, waiting to strike at any moment,” Spoiler explained.

Firefly shook his head, “even HE isn’t that devious. Such a grand sacrifice? No, I see no logic behind it.”

“Double F, you’re making a mistake. Don’t underestimate him. He’s planned this from the very beginning.”

Firefly laughed, “He’d have to be a strategist supreme to plan that far ahead, and a darn good actor to pull it off.”

“My point exactly.”

“No, I find it hard to believe that. He did the sacrifice, dramatic as it was, but what did it accomplish? Nothing!”

“Not yet anyway. It’s all connected together, FF, like a web. One thing leads to another, and then another, and so on. You really think he would be foolish enough to throw it all away without a good reason or plan behind it?”

“Plans don’t always translate so well from the head or paper to real life, you know this as well as I, Spoiler. I’m going to do it. It will soon be over.”

Firefly made his move, and too late did he notice the fatal mistake he made. The next thing he knew his boss, Phantasm, finished him off.

“Pawn to f8,” Phantasm announced, “Promotes to Queen. Checkmate.”

“Again,” Firefly sighed, “Almost had you that time, too.”

“Hardly,” Phantasm said, “You should listen to your comrade, Firefly. I was baiting you the whole time. Why else would I give up nearly all of my pieces?”

“So that’s… what? 86 to 13?”

“99 to 0,” Spoiler corrected.

“I’ve lost that many?” Firefly said, then began to laugh, “Well, I’m a fighter, not a strategist.”

“Computer should be done by now,” Phantasm said, then rose to his feet and walked over to the computer in their hideout.

Phantasm was hoping to find more information about Aloz’s past, somewhere in there could be a clue to his weakness. Two days ago, he had searched though an abandoned research facility, checking out a lead. There he had found a disk labeled “Project: ENDLESS.” Their computer was now decoding the encrypted disk, but what intrigued them most was the fact that this was the Project: ENDLESS of the past, not the one from Xando’s timeline. Was the similarity in names a coincidence? They already knew Aloz was the final product of the first project and was mentioned in the second one, but there was still so much to learn.

The first time they met, Xando had given Phantasm and his crew the information he had on Aloz from the future; their job, along with keeping track of Aloz, was to learn his identity and locate any clues that might be hidden in it. That had been two years ago.

Half a week ago, Xando had put into action his own plan, starting with his death. Now it was up two these three to carry out that plan, and help Sora, Riku and Kairi destroy the dark forces that threatened the worlds.

“It’s done,” Phantasm said, and Spoiler and Firefly walk up to the computer.

“Oh, you can’t be serious!” Firefly groaned.

“We need to go find Aloz, now!” Phantasm said, rising to his feet, “get your gear. We’re leaving!”

As they walked to the arsenal, Firefly muttered aloud, “Things just got a LOT more complicated
---------------
Sora, Riku and Kairi had finally recovered from their wounds. The past few days had been spent sitting around, speculating several things; the most common subject was Xando.

“We’ve heard from Phantasm,” Terra said to the trio, “he said he was going to look up information about Aloz’s past. Aloz hasn’t been seen since the battle, so that’s a hopeful sign. Anyway, he’s found a world being attacked by the Heartless. You’re to go over and help them.”

“Captain Spaulding will be taking you,” Ansem said, “you leave immediately. There he is now!”

Captain Spaulding, with Harpo in tow behind him, came up to them.

“The ship’s all ready. We leave whenever. But Ansem, are you sure this world’s the right place?”

“Phantasm gave us the world’s coordinates,” Leon said, “He’s the closest thing we have to military intelligence.”

“Military intelligence is a contradiction of terms,” Spaulding said, “Anyway, let’s go you three. The world of Washington awaits!”

“One for all and all for one,” Sora muttered.

“Yes, yes. One for all and all for me, and me for you, and three for five, and six for a quarter...”

Spaulding charged off, still rambling nonsense, with the trio in tow, leaving Ansem, Leon and Terra shaking their heads. Spaulding was an excellent flyer of Gummi Ships, but it was almost impossible to follow what he was saying most of the time.
------------
“The plan will have to be altered,” Aloz the Dark mumbled, “now that the Prince of Shadows has… fallen from the picture. And those three masks who have replaced him, they should be quite interesting, this ‘Phantasm’ character especially.

Aloz walked back and forth across the floor of his current hideaway, where he had been since the battle at Radiant Garden. Here he was recuperating from his final encounter with Xando, as well as plotting his next move.

“One who can vanish in smoke at will, who wields more weapons than George Bush has faults. But who is he? What is the man behind the mask?”

Aloz stopped to look out the window into the darkness beyond, “It matters not. He cannot stop me, nor can anyone else. I shall have the ultimate power, and I will use it to destroy this wretched universe. And then I shall gaze through time and space and watch as the very worlds burn to dust!”

Aloz gave a sinister smile, transformed into vapor, and left the building. It was time to put another plan into action. And when it was completed, he would become far more powerful then anyone would dream. All it took was the right being, one with much Quintessence, and he would be invincible. Aloz knew of one such being, one whose power could bring fear into most any sane being. Easily the most powerful beings ever created.
There might not be another update until next weekend, so you all know. I'm getting a new hard drive and CD Drive for my laptop, and unfortunetly i may need to re-install the basic Windows program to get it to work. it wont delete my files, but it may take some time (the CD drive is coming from Kansas, i live in Washington), and copying near 40 Gigabytes will take 15 hours or so.

With all due respect,
Merlin326

Haku

<3
Writer's Block can really affect a writers ability to write wonderful chapters but it sure doesn't seem that you had any case of it since this was really good, I didn't really notice the length at all actually.

Merlin326

Master Xehanort seemed to fit that profile.

lol, not the entended target, but i guess you are right. however, notice i said "Beings", meaning plurel. no, the creature i have in mind is far more well known, even by non-Kingdom Hearts Players, or even non-Videogame players. power incarnate, famous worldwide, and one of the symbols of fantasy. any guesses?

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Merlin326

Oh. You mean Cloud / Sephiroth. Of course. Cloud or Sephiroth fits those profiles even MORE perfectly.

You are still thinking video games. think fantasy in general. what is/are the most famous creature(s) of fantasy? what noble creature(s) is often atributed as power and strength incarnate?

another little hint: look To the Stars

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Nojerom

Resilience
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm guessing he means astronomy. Those who are in the stars... I'm guessing it has to do with Greek Mythology?

Anyway, sorry for my lateness. My User Control Panel isn't so trustworthy anymore.

I really like Firefly; he's pretty cool in my opinion. The laidback kind, I'd say. I'm guessing that Xando isn't really "dead". I don't know, you've got me intrigued.

Nice updates. ^^

Merlin326

*in fear* ah, the quote! *To the Stars starts playing over and over in his head*

lol, anyway, you are correct. Dragonheart will be making an apperance in the near future. but first we must get through the wonderful world of Washington, where we will see teh delicate balance between kaos and control...

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Merlin326

Xuan: Dragonheart is set back in the middle ages (934 AD). it involves a knight of the Old Code (set by King Aurthor), a rebellion, and a dragon with a somewhat scottish accent (voiced by a James Bond actor). the main theme, which fits in very well with the movie, is To the Stars, and is a rousing yet heartwarming thing.

the song has nowadays become synonymous with tear-jerking films of bittersweet yet triumphant rises to glory, and was featured in (i doubt this is a complete list), Disney's Mulan, Two Brothers, and Seven Years of Tibet.

Jones: Well, it is Washington DC, but is it National Treasure? we shall see...

and yes, i used teh clue on the pipe, but i changed it up a little. if you can spot the differences, you may just be able to guess the world...

1960s, here we come.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Merlin326

sorry for the lack of updates so far. ive had to balance school, the peice for the writing comp, drivers ed, and Destati. but now we can watch the zany world of Washington and its zany hero. so, without further ado, here is the world of Get Smart!

one more thing. keep in mind that this 'show' was first made back in the 1960's, when they had no cellphones. this is key to understanding the joke behind 86's phone.
Chapter 1
Get Smart!​

The world Sora, Riku and Kairi were now visiting was unlike anything else they had seen. Buildings several stories tall dotted the horizon, automobiles crowded the roadways. This is Washington DC. Somewhere in this city is the headquarters of a top-secret organization known as CONTROL. Its business is counterespionage.

Now we go to Symphony Hall in Washington, where a symphony is playing for an audience. Somewhere in this audience is one of CONTROL’s top employees. A man who lives a life of danger and intrigue. A man who has been carefully trained to never disclose the fact that he is a secret agent. A man…

RIIIIIIING!

Members of the audience began to look around. Where was that sound coming from? There was no telephone booth in Symphony Hall.

RIIIIIIING!

The audience turned to the source of sound. Uncomfortable, one man rose and left the hall. He walked to the nearby broom closest, the ring going with him. Once inside, he then pulled off his shoe and pulled the bottom of it off. Underneath was a complex mechanism, the source of the ring. A phone hidden inside a shoe; a shoe-phone, if you will.

“This is Agent 86 speaking,” the man said, and then listened as the caller filled him in. “KAOS, eh? The bus depot. Alright, I’ll be right over.”

He then leaned on the doorknob and realized it was locked. He turned the knob again, but it would not open.

“I may be a few minutes late, Chief,” 86 said, and then hung up. Then the proceeded to force the door open. After three tries he gave up, and simply shot at the doorknob with his revolver.
-------------
Sometime later, after driving down to the nearby bus depot, 86 found himself in the locker bay. Using a key he got from a man in a fire hydrant, Agent 13, he opened three lockers. The first one contained a video cassette player with a cassette in it. The remaining two held speakers.

Good afternoon, 86, the recording began, earlier today KAOS, the international organization of evil (a Delaware Corporation and an equal opportunity employer), has recently demanded 250 billion dollars by midnight the 23rd, one week.

“That doesn’t give us much time,” 86 commented.

That doesn’t give us much time, the recording continued, If we don’t comply with their demands, they threaten to destroy the world with something called ‘Heartless.’

“What in the world is that?”

I don’t have to tell you what that is. I have been informed that three young kids will be joining you, meeting you at the park. Here is the countersign: apples and they will reply Macintosh. From there you will come directly to CONTROL headquarters, where I will further brief you all. If you should choose to accept this assignment, this department will disavow any and all knowledge of your actions. If you should choose not to accept this assignment, you’re fired.

86 took a moment to ponder over these words as the recording continued. As always, this tape will self-destruct in 5 seconds….

Five beeps from the recording later, …Maybe six…

86 casually closed the locker door to the recording. Six seconds later…

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The entire locker bay of the bus depot exploded in a fantastic display of light and sound. When the smoke finally subsided, 86 stood from behind the table and opened the locker with the recording.

Good afternoon, 86, the recording began, earlier today KAOS, the international organization of evil (a Delaware Corporation…

86 rolled his eyes and flipped the off switch. Good afternoon, 86, the recording began again. 86 calmly took the recorder out of the locker and placed it on the ground. He then stomped on it. Good afternoon, 86. 86 then repeatedly jumped on it with all his weight. Good afternoon, 86. Good afternoon, 86. Good afternoon, 86. Good afternoon, 86.

86, fed up with it, simply picked up the still playing recording, and placed it under his coat and walked out.
-----------------
To Sora, Riku and Kairi, the wonderful world of Washington was incredibly futuristic. Buildings that seemed to scrape the sky surrounded them, people traveled in small boxes with wheels, and doors opened on their own. They had appeared in the middle of a park. Spaulding had told them to wait for a man to say ‘Apples’ to them, and then to reply ‘Macintosh.’

“Must be some sort of brand,” Sora commented.

Suddenly, a strange man in a suit walked into the park. He had beady eyes and when he spoke, he had a strange, weird voice.

“Apples,” he said.

“Macintosh,” Sora replied, “I’m Sora. This is Riku and Kairi.”

The man then introduced himself. “Maxwell Smart, Agent 86 of CONTROL. I’m supposed to bring you to CONTROL headquarters so we can get started on this assignment.”

Smart then noticed the Keyblades the three of them were carrying. After observing them for a moment, he stated, “Those are the second biggest house keys I’ve ever seen.”

Max then drove them to CONTROL headquarters in his red Sunbeam Tiger. The four of them got out of the car and walked inside the building Smart packed in front of. Smart walked over to the elevator on the far right and pushed the down button. In a secret basement of the building, the “elevator doors” opened up, and the four of them walked down the hidden staircase and into the hallway.

Smart led the way as they walked through a series of doors. The first was a pair of lead doors opening inward. Then a ‘wall’ whose doors slide away to let them pass. The next door opened up into the ceiling. The final door opened inwards once again, revealing a telephone booth.

Smart stepped inside it, dialed a number, hung up the phone, and waited. Moments later, he fell through the floor and into CONTROL headquarters. Sora, Riku and Kairi, whom Max had told the secret number, in turn did the same thing, and the four of them fell into CONTROL headquarters.

Haku

<3
You never cease to surprise me with your chapters, well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back