• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Destati

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
When Matter and Anti Matter come into contact with eachother they both turn to energy (E=mc2).

Why Keyblades would be matter but still materialize:

All things in the universe are in a continual state of flux between matter and energy. supposedly, the most fundamental particle will be the mid-way particle between energy and matter.

If keyblades are matter, then when they cannot be seen they are turned to energy and that enrgy is stored in one's body or clothes, and when that energy is called upon it turns into a keyblade

Keyblades meets Antimater possible scenario(thing-ish)
Keyblades are composed of their own form of matter, separate form Matter (Normal, Dark and Anti), they contain and are contained by themselves(Eg: you look at it unbelievably closely with a microscope, but are unable to find any atoms/molecules/protons etc, because keyblades are made up of a single substance, no matter how large or small they are, they are made of one solid chunk of 'Key-Matter' No matter what their attribute/element is, that is determined by what kind of energy the Keyblade is infused with, the enrgy originating from the keychain

To Merlin:
No offence, but I think you've screwed yourself into a hole with incorporatring antimatter into your story and not having too great a factual or fictional knowledge of fundamental particles, no offence about that.
You can ask me about that kind of stuff, I'm pretty clued up on it

Last edited:

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
Yeah, exactly what I wanna tell but dunno how to say. Keyblade could be, Keyblade itself.

And no, Merlin won't have a problem in writing his story. Merlin, for now, you assume the Keyblade is a form of energy. You know what I mean? Energy cannot be destroyed, and it is neither matter or anti-matter. That's your best chance to fit in your story.

Merlin326

Kurix: when i made the desision to incorporate Antimatter (because i wanted to do something abstract for her element, and many of the ideas i found while roaming relative threads were either used or difficult to imagine) i did SOME rudimentary research on the topic. i guess i did not consider the potential side effects of something that probably isnt discussed in length until collage).

nevertheless, i shall persevere. many ideas that have come from this discussion have given me more ideas on what chaos to unleash upon Sora and the heroes of light.

now, the main announcement. the chapter that was origionally going to be posted today will be moved to Monday. this is because of two reasons

firstly, this chapter (which is a major turning point in the story) has gotten quite long. i have already reached the 5 page mark (my current average chapter length as of Notre Dame) and i STILL have much to write that would not fit well in a seperate chapter.

the second (and perhaps most important) reason is that this will give me time to also work on the next chapter and post them together. my reasoning is simple. these two chapters go together, hand in hand, and to keep them aparte even half a week would perhaps lessen the purpose. by posting them together, i allow for unanswered important questions to be raised by the readers (you guys) AND the characters themselves.

until them, be patient. we will end Part III with a bang (i wish literally, but the timeframes not right for that), leaving only the epilouge after this. and then...

The Keyblade War...

With all due respect,
Merlin326

Nojerom

Resilience
Website
www.facebook.com
Kurix, last time I checked, this was Merlin's fan fiction he was guiding us through, not yours. Meaning of no offense or not, you should really give this a chance, seeing as I've never seen you own any fan fics. Please, say good criticisms, or you could be flamed. You are driving my patience. If you really want to take things into your own hands, make your own story, and don't try putting downers on this one.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
No offence, but you speak about it as though it's YOUR fan-fic 'You are driving my patience', puh-lease you have no choice in the matter, any material I contribute or attempt to contribute will be carefully chosen by Merlin, and how am I putting the fan-fic down, am i saying anything bad about it? no

I'm just saying (Ie: above post) a logical explanation to a possibltr situation, I'm not forcing Merlin to include anything, And (just saying) I (as far as i know) think Merlin doesn't feel the same way.

If he feels differently or wishes me to stop, he may tell me so, and, as this is his story, I wil fully respect his decision or at least ask permission or just PM him so it doesn't clog up the thread, in which case I won't have to meet a confrontational situation like this

Merlin326:
This is going to go no where so far as nojerom_14 and I bear different opinions on this subject, so, if you do not mind, please post your feelings about said situation

Xuan

Dude, you've never been in any interrogation classes? Of course not, what am I talking about?! Never mind, the saying's the same, keep quiet in such situations and it'll go away eventually. Blame time.

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
Why don't we all just settle our differences, or, to quote N. Gin from Crash Bandicoot, "I will throw a bomb in your face for that!"

Kurix: True, anti-matter is uneven ground. 'Twas me who brought up the point in the first place, but its a fan fiction. In reality, there could be all sorts of problems, but it is never specified in Kingdom Hearts whether the worlds are matter, anti-matter, dark matter, grey matter, or doesn't matter.

nojerom_14:True, constructive criticism should be displayed, not bashing, but such retaliations to words should not be made in the thread. (I feel like a hypocrite for writing this, but this needs to be a public message).

Thank you for reading, if you took the time to read my worthless thoughts.

~ Davy Jones, a nobody in my own right...

Merlin326

first of all, Kurix, i know you mean well, but i think the way you worded your above post might be the reason we are having this discussion. however, as Jones said, this is fictional, and therefore it is garenteed that it might not follow all the rules of reality and physics (i doubt many professional authors have such a great understanding on the matter).

Jones: i agree with your above post. on a side note: nice play on words with "Doesnt Matter"

and now, on with the show, er, story.

Chapter 14
The Tragedy of Xando, Prince of Shadows​

By the time Sora, Riku and Kairi made their way to the top of the cliff, Xando had already engaged with Xehanort and Valzog. Immediately upon seeing them, Valzog disengaged with Xando to meet the reinforcements.

“You have already lost!” Xehanort said to Xando while their blades clashed, “Your little ‘army’ cannot defeat the Heartless!”

“We haven’t lost yet,” Xando said, jumping away from Xehanort.

“Your cause is lost!” Xehanort shouted, “You’re fighting for a lost cause! Surely you realize this!”

“Maybe,” Xando said, pointing his sword at Xehanort again. “But don’t you realize that those are often the only causes worth fighting for? And besides, I have a different cause than the rest of the people here. Your demise.”

Xando charged at Xehanort with sword in hand. Xehanort fired a blast of flame, but Xando merely dived under it, rolled to his feet, and continued running. Xehanort attempted to freeze Xando in ice, but Xando created a wall of flame to instantly incinerate the ice. Finally, Xando got too close for Xehanort to effectively cast a spell on him or raise his weapon, so Xehanort created a barrier of magic, hoping to block the impact.

At the last minute, Xando created numerous ghost swords, and all of them simultaneously struck the force field; the force nearly overwhelming the barrier Xehanort created. Xando, along with his ghost sword, began an onslaught of attacks, hoping to shatter the magic wall into pieces. Things broke. Not the swords. Xehanort jumped away moments before being skewered from numerous directions and landed some 50 feet from Xando, launching a barrage of thunder as soon as he landed.

Xando fused his ghost swords together into a sort of giant shield to absorb the majority of the impact. Nevertheless, enough force remained to drive Xando back a few feet despite the brunt of the damage being taken by the shield.
-------------
Sora raised his Keyblade in time to barely block Valzog’s attack. Valzog jumped back and immediately launched a volley of ice spells, which would flash freeze anything unfortunate enough to be hit by them. From Valzog’s left flank, Kairi launched a bolt of thunder, hoping to distract Valzog long enough for Riku and Sora to escape the onslaught of ice. Without so much as even a gesture, a wall of ice formed and absorbed the blow.

Riku dodged out of the way of the latest blast of ice, but the spell grazed his right foot, immediately incasing it in a thick layer of ice. Noticing the hero down, Valzog quickly aimed another blast right at him, hoping to turn him into an ice statue to decorate the area. At the last second, Sora jumped between them and created a magical barrier, and the blizzard spell froze that instead of either of them. Sora quickly dismissed the spell, blasted the icy ceiling with a fireball, and jumped out.

It was at this moment that Sora noticed that the sky had been gradually darkening, clouds covering the sun at a rate too fast to be normal. Sora smiled; he knew only four people that might be powerful enough to do that, one of them was busy battling Xando. Sora’s thoughts were confirmed when a 10.0 earthquake hit, threatening to force everyone off their feet.
----------------
On the top of the castle in Radiant Garden, three wizardly figures stood, creating havoc for the Heartless armies.

“Just got word from Terra,” Ansem said, running outside from below, “Maleficent and Pete appear to be
controlling about a fourth of the Heartless currently laying siege here.”

Athos nodded and turned to his two companions, a smile forming on his face. “Master Merlin, Master Yen Sid. I think it is time to unleash a little chaos on the Heartless.”

Both grimly nodded, and all three of them proceeded to pool their magic together. The theory was that the power of three of the greatest wizards in the universe was enough to create massive hurricanes, earthquakes, and who knows what else. Merlin, Athos, and Yen Sid were about to test that theory to its limit.
------------
Xando and Xehanort were one of the few that weren’t knocked off their feet in the then second earthquake. Xando took a moment to observe what mischief the sages were getting into, and smiled when he saw a fireball the size of a small mountain form and unleashed upon the armies of Heartless, carefully calculated to avoid harming the defenders of the world. Thunder storms, tornadoes, blizzards, and all sorts of high-level magic imaginable, and even some that weren’t, were being unleashed by the trinity of sages.

“You have some skilled magicians among you,” Xehanort observed, “but it won’t change a thing.”

“No,” Xando admitted, “I will!” Xando suddenly charged towards the Master of Shadows once again. Xehanort launched another fireball, but Xando vaulted over it and Xehanort, landing just inches behind him. Xehanort barely had enough time to turn and pull up his Keyblade before Xando brought it down. Xehanort struggled for a moment then managed to push Xando back some, but they were still locked in place.
--------
Sora gripped his arm and bit his lip to keep himself from screaming in pain. Moments ago, he had fired a fireball at Valzog, who had somehow absorbed it into his Keyblade. He then charged, vaulted over Sora, and landed a glancing blow on his arm. At the moment of contact, the energy from the absorbed fireball was released, badly burning Sora’s left arm.

“What… are you?” Sora growled through clenched teeth.

“I am… but a mere shell,” came the enigmatic reply.

Valzog then jumped out of the way as Kairi flung a blast of ice at his back; Sora barely got a force field up in time to block the friendly fir… er, ice. As soon as Valzog landed, he turned and just barely managed to bat away a bolt of darkness, launched by Riku, who had finally broken the ice incasing his foot.

“You cannot win,” Valzog said, his voice sounding strangely deep, even through his helmet, “perhaps you may win the battle today, but Master Xehanort will win the war!”

“I find that hard to believe,” Riku said, raising his Keyblade, “You’re going down.”

“A battle between the dark ones,” Valzog growled, “this should be fun.”
---------
Xando pushed himself away from Xehanort and unleashed a fireball. Xehanort likewise jumped back and he himself threw a great ball of fire. The two balls collided midway between the two and exploded. When the smoke settled, Xando was already lashing away at Xehanort’s defenses, trading blows with his opponents at an almost one to one ratio.

“What do you hope to accomplish?” Xehanort asked, “What do you gain in fighting me? You don’t seem to have the same goals as Sora and his lackeys.”

“You’re right,” Xando said between strikes, “I do have my own goals. Vengeance.”

“Maybe I can help you there…” Xehanort began.

“Then stand still!”

Xando and Xehanort then traded a few more blows, Xehanort glancing over his shoulder from time to time, watching Valzog engage the Keyblade Wielders.

“Will you sacrifice your friends for vengeance?” Xehanort asked mockingly.

“What do you mean?”

Xehanort disengaged and jumped back. “Just look over there.”

Xando looked, just in time to see things turn bad for Sora, Riku and Kairi.
------------
Riku held up his Keyblade to block Valzog’s next move, but the quick thinking Valzog, who had learned Riku’s fighting style by now, suddenly sidestepped and did a half spin, punching Riku with his off hand as hard as he could. Riku, not braced for an attack from behind, flew through the air a few feet then skidded to the ground, unconscious but not dead.

Kairi, seeing her friend down, charged at Valzog. Valzog swung at Kari, but she sidestepped and attempted to strike him from behind. However, Valzog had survived many years on his ability to quickly adapt, and so he continued his horizontal slice around to meet Kairi’s Keyblade. Kairi, not expecting the maneuver, lost her footing and fell to the ground, spraining her ankle on the way. Valzog then released a fireball at point blank range, sending Kairi into a wall. She then collapsed to the ground, unmoving.
Sora, after seeing two of his friends go down in a matter of seconds, snapped. He charged headlong at Valzog, blind to the thunder spell the Dark Soldier was forming with his free hand.

Xando clenched his teeth and released a baseball-sized fireball. Laced with electrical energy as well as flame, it slammed into Valzog, throwing off his aim and sending the lightning harmlessly overhead and simultaneously shocked him and burned him. Sora, unable to stop his momentum, crashed into the rock wall, right next to Kairi.

Xando turned back to face Xehanort, but was too late. Xehanort was already charging, his Keyblade glowing strangely. Xando held up his sword in defense, but Xehanort changed the angle of his slice.
The fell Keyblade, laced with dark energy only a master of dark arts could conjure, slammed into the tip of Xcalibur. The Keyblade then proceeded straight through, cutting the sword straight in half to the hilt. In a powerful blast of pure energy, the magic of the sword exploded, sending Xando into a wall. A quick blast of ice from Xehanort froze his hands and feet, effectively chaining him.

Xehanort then turned to the badly beaten but still living Sora. “You all will die a painful and slow death,” he said, his voice deathly quite, “for daring to interfere with my destiny.”

Sora, still too weak to stand, could do nothing but sit next to the battle bruised but still living Kairi and watch as Xehanort and Valzog, who had recovered by now, encroached upon him.

“You all will die,” Xehanort spat, “and then no hope will remain for your precious light.”

“I doubt it.”

Xehanort turned to the source of the voice. There he saw Xando, a strange twisted smile on his face.

“Haven’t you learned in Super Villain School?” Xando said, “Only expose your back to a corpse!”

Xando then superheated his body, easily melting the icy bonds (and the stone wall behind him) in milliseconds. Xehanort attempted to freeze him again, but Xando sidestepped the blast. He slowly walked toward Xehanort, stopping only to pick up the near useless halves of his sword. He then gripped them as tightly as he could, and Sora winced when he saw blood starting to trickle down from Xando’s hands.

“It all ends now, Xehanort,” Xando continued, “I have been planning for this day for a long time. All this,” Xando gestured to the battle below, “I planned for it all. It was all part of the plan!”

“And now your plan ends, right?” Xehanort guessed, unconcerned.

“No,” Xando said, his voice turning disturbingly dark, “this is just the beginning.”

Xando charged at Xehanort in a blind rage. Xehanort launched a powerful fireball, but Xando rolled under
it then jumped into the air. Xehanort took a step back as Xando came crashing down then, with Valzog joining up with him, proceeded to force Xando onto the defensive. Xando, uncooperative in his present state, pressed on the offensive, ignoring several blows, some of them fairly serious, and continuing to bash his blades wildly at his two opponents.

All Sora could do was watch the spectacle before him. Part of him was amazed that Xando could still fight after the beating he was receiving, part of him feared the inevitable conclusion of this battle. And a small part of him, so small he didn’t even notice it until after the battle, was questioning why Xando had suddenly snapped.

Xando continued to launch blow after blow, none of them hitting, while receiving blows from opposite flanks. Finally Xehanort, growing bored with the battle, maneuvered himself so that Xando was between himself and the cliff edge.

“Say goodbye, Shadow Prince!” Xehanort yelled, sparks of electricity already forming in his hand.

Everything happened at once. Riku, just regaining consciousness, turned his head towards the source of the voice. Kairi opened her eyes and watched as Sora, his pain forgotten, charged toward Xehanort. All in vain, as the deadly bolt was released before Sora ever got close. Xehanort released the bolt, and Xando, unable to move in time, could do nothing but take the full force of the impact and was sent flying toward the edge of the cliff and the perilous drop beyond.

Sora changed direction and charged past Xehanort and Valzog, heedless of the danger. Xehanort prepared to unleash a fireball into Sora’s back, but a strange, hooded figure with a flaming sword jumped from a higher ledge in between them. Sora fell to his knees, slid to the edge of the cliff, and barely caught Xando’s hand as he flew down. Unable to stop his own momentum, Sora slid off the edge and barely grabbed the side with his free hand.

“I… I won’t let you die,” Sora gasped, “Not here, not now.”

“Die, Sora?” Xando said weakly, “That is the last thing I will ever do.” Xando stopped for a moment to release a weak laugh at his joke.

“You can’t die, Xando. I won’t let you!”

“You can’t stop the flow of time, Sora. No one can. We don’t live in a fantasy, Sora. This isn’t a fairy tale, a novel, a movie, a fanfic, or a video game. This is the real world, Sora. The hero doesn’t always win in reality, and if they do… it is at a cost. There can be no triumph… without loss. No victory… without suffering. No freedom… without sacrifice. Sometimes… a hero has to do something else… besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory. Sometimes… he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people; people he’s never even met, and who don’t know his name; can live. And sometimes, courage and determination …aren’t enough. Sometimes, even a hero can be… too late.”

Xando was quite for a moment, and then continued, “You know, I would have given almost anything… for a death scene like this. Too bad I won't get to …read the notices.”

Xando smiled and, before Sora could react, he let go of Sora’s hand. Sora could only watch as Xando plummeted down and out of sight.
-----------
Xando closed his eyes, the smile still on his face.

You sneaky devil…

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Xando said.

Fine, play dumb if you want. However, do you think it’s necessary?

“If you know what I’m up to, you already know the answer to that. In any case, it’s out of my hands now. The future, the fate of all the worlds, I have placed into the hands of those three.”

With a little help from your hooded allies.

“Too true,” Xando said calmly. Then turned his head up. Since he was now falling upside down, he saw the ground coming up to meet him.

“Wait just a little longer, Colette. I will return to you soon,” he whispered, then closed his eyes and waited. “And so we go.”
EDIT: the two chapters together was too long for my tates, so i post them seperately next post.

side note: i listened to To the Stars when writing Ch 14. its still stuck in my head, lol.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Last edited:

Merlin326

after noting the length of my two chapters together, i have decided to post them seperately. here is the Epilogue:

Epilogue
Unanswered Questions​

Sora pulled himself back over the ledge, and found a hooded figure battling Xehanort and Valzog. Sora quickly recognized it as one of the three masked individuals he had met in Paris. Sora watched as the figure battled the two villains with his flaming sword and the occasional jet of flame produced from his hands.

“And just who do you think you are?!” Xehanort yelled, “to interfere with me!”

“Call me Firefly,” he said, “It’s as good a name as any.”

“And do you really think you can beat of us alone?” Valzog said. As if on cue, several Heartless materialized and surrounded Firefly.

“Wish I had thought of that,” Firefly said. Moments later, several Heartless were flash frozen, and even more were shot with arrows.

“Oh wait,” Firefly said in mock realization, “I did.”

All eyes turned toward the reinforcements. Standing on a ledge higher up was the mysterious girl, and standing on a floating contraption with four fast spinning blades was the leader. The leader hit a switch on his bow, which contracted into a metal rod, and placed it on his belt. His hover pad lowed itself until it was just above the ground, then he placed his foot on one of the pads on it. the four blades broke apart, reverting to their normal form of four swords which the leader then sheathed. The girl jumped down and landed right next to him. She pulled out a small rod and pushed the button. The rod then extended into a full quarterstaff.

“You want to try three on two?” the girl said, “with all your supposed power, Xehanort, it should be a fair fight!”

Xehanort growled and then launched a bolt of thunder at the leader. Suddenly, smoke enveloped the leader, and the bolt passed right through. The smoke dissipated, and the leader stood there, completely unharmed.

“What are you?” Xehanort demanded.

“Me?” the leader asked, his voice echoing eerily, “I’m the king of the 20th century. The black sheep in the family. The boogey-man. And I suggest you leave, Xehanort, or you will meet your Angel of Death early.”

Xehanort clenched his teeth, but quickly vanished in a Dark Corridor with Valzog. All over Radiant Garden, the Heartless retreated, and the battle was won. Sora, Riku, and Kairi managed their way back to the castle along with Firefly and the other two masks, who had yet to identify themselves. Once the wounded had been attended to, Sora and the others met in Ansem’s study once again.

“So Xando is lost,” Ansem said grimly, “It is too bad. That one has had such a tragic life, he did not deserve to die yet.”

“The question is,” Mickey said, “What do we do now? We lost quite a few fighters in that battle, and we have few enough as it is.”

“I have something I wish to say,” the leader said.

“First of all, introductions,” the girl said, “Call me Spoiler.”

“I have no name,” the leader said, “You may call me The Phantasm.”

“Firefly.”

“Now then,” Phantasm began, “to business. Xando contracted me and my companions here to locate and discover the motives of one Aloz the Dark. we have done so, and will report our findings to you now. Aloz, as you might know, gains strength by absorbing Quintessence. But his final goal is Kingdom Hearts. however, he doesn’t wish to ABSORB its power. No, he wishes something else, to destroy it.”

Phantasm waited for his words to sink in before continuing, “And if Kingdom Hearts is destroyed before its power can be transferred into some other vessel, the universe itself will be destroyed!”

“Destroyed?” Ansem yelled, “why does he want that? He’ll die along with the rest of us! It doesn’t make sense!”

“That, Ansem the Wise, is a logical question to ask. I agree it is an illogical goal. But the motive makes him even more dangerous. Some men don’t need anything logical. They cant be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn!”
----------------
Hours later, in the dead of night, Sora, Riku, and Kairi sat. they had been discussing the battle today, and what the future held. But somehow, their conversation always seemed to redirect itself to about Xando.

“Something’s been bothering me about today,” Kairi finally said, breaking a 15 minute long
silence. “something about Xando today… didn’t seem right.”

“Go on…” Sora said.

“Today, when all of us were down and virtually beaten, Xando just seemed to snap with anger. Obviously he’s been keeping his anger suppressed for 2 years now, but still… he just didn’t seem like the type to just snap. It almost seemed like… he was overdoing it somehow.”

“How can you overdo anger?” Riku asked.

“That’s what puzzles me,” Kairi continued, “Xando, who was always so calm and kept his emotions in check, just suddenly bursts with anger? No, it just doesn’t seem right somehow.”

“I had the same feeling,” Riku said, “earlier today, after the meeting, I went back out to the cliff. I searched the entire area by the Cliffside, but there was nothing there.”

“What did you expect to find?” Kairi asked, then gasped. “Do you mean…”

“Yes,” Riku nodded, “there was no sign of Xando’s body, not even an impression on the ground where he might have landed.”

“… a death scene like this,” Sora muttered, then elaborated, “When I grabbed Xando, his last words were ‘You know, I would have given almost anything for a death scene like this.’”

“I don’t see what you mean,” Riku said.

“He called it a scene,” Sora explained, “Perhaps… a death scene so real, it fooled us all.”

“But where is he now?” Kairi asked.

“That is something we may never know,” Riku answered.

Suddenly, the three of them heard a melody playing outside. A soft, flute-like melody. The three of them went outside and found Firefly, Spoiler and Phantasm in the castle courtyard; Phantasm was the one playing the ocarina. The melody was sad, yet unique. Rousing yet heartwarming. Sora could just imagine it being used with a tear-jerking story of a bittersweet yet triumphant rise to glory. How fitting to their situation.

The Phantasm stopped playing and said, “Last time we met, Xando gave me this. He told me if anything should happen to him, to give it to you.” He then turned around and tossed the ocarina to Kairi. He, along with Firefly and Spoiler, then turned to leave.

“You’re leaving?” Sora said.

“Yes,” Phantasm said, “our business here is concluded. We have no further part to play here for the moment.”

“Stay and help,” Sora asked, “If what you say is true and Aloz seeks to destroy everything, we need your strength.”

“No,” Phantasm said, “we will continue to investigate Aloz, searching his past for any clues, but we wont stay and help you. We will fight with you, Sora, but not for you.”

“Why? At least tell us why,” Kairi said.

Phantasm stopped walking and said in a sad voice, “I don’t like playing the hero.”

And without another word, Spoiler and Firefly moved in close to Phantasm. All three of them vanished in a flash of smoke.
and so ends part III.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Xando should have been an actor instead of a wizard. He would have gotten oscar.

And I like firefly. He seems like a fun guy!

Good work. I love it M326.

Merlin326

Xando should have been an actor instead of a wizard. He would have gotten oscar.

And I like firefly. He seems like a fun guy!

first of all, lol. (inside joke, only i know it for now). actually, one of his death lines was quoted from a fictional actor (from the same source as the names of all three of Phantasm, Spoiler and Firefly).

as for firefly, i figured you at least would like him, Allstar. but i will let you ponder my meaning.

Jones: ah is he really dead? That is the question I hoped to bring up with that conversation between Sora Riku and Kairi. Still, if you are the type to pour over every word I say for hidden clues (something that would be beneficial, though difficult) you might have been able to guess it. for some time (perhaps ever since Part I, I don’t remember off hand) I have referred to Xando’s story as a tragedy, and maybe even by ch 14’s very name.

Regardless of fate, Xando has indeed stepped into the background for now, although he will often be refereed to by the characters. And who knows, we may even learn of his fate in time.

Fun fact: the title of ch 14 was based off of Shakespeare’s Hamlet, whose full title was The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.

EDIT: as a tribute to Xando, i have a new avatar. this characters apperance, aside from hair color, is how i have always envisioned Xando.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Xuan

A nice one Merlin. But... something doesn't quite add up... just a feeling I had, maybe I should go through it again...

Xando's lines seemed familiar but I forgot where I've seen it before. never mind though, it's a cool death anyway.

Merlin326

Do you mean his final lines to Sora? if so, approzimatly slightly more than half of it was borrowed from different sources (and i mean multiple sources). however, only one line there provides the hidden clue...

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Xuan

Nah, the whole chapter sounds kinda strange to me. It's like you've suddenly decide to wear pants on your heads instead of your bottom.

The first thing that popped into my mind is: WTF? Xando couldn't win Master Xehanort easily? after reading your chapters. But never mind.

Merlin326

...finally! i found the post i was looking for. i wanted to say this sooner, but i couldnt find the quote...

...Xando is quite a complex character. it may not be as apparent now as it will be by this fics end, but he is not only complex, he is an integral part of the outcome of the Keyblade War...

...furthermore (and you guys have to trust me on this, no matter what happens here), Xando's story wont be complete until the very final part of Destati. no matter what happens, no matter who dies, Xando will remain an integral part of the story. his assisstance, his knowledge and prowess, will be invaluable...

With all due respect,
Merlin326

i said it then, and i stick by it now. back when i gave this line, i already had Xando's fate all planned out, from begining to ENDGAME. make of it what you will, as the reason i gave this line was so you could speculate Xando's fate when the time came.

thank you Xuan. it was your post eariler that made me go and look up this line.

remember, Xando said to Xehanort himself that he had planned everything that had happened so far (Even using the battle around them as an example). is it just possible he might have forseen, and even manipulated events to produce, his death? and if he is dead, what happened to the body? time will tell...

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
<Gasps>
(My quote thingy won't work):
Merlin 326:
is it just possible he might have forseen, and even manipulated events to produce, his death? and if he is dead, what happened to the body? time will tell...
does that mean Xando Nobody and/or Heartless?
OMFG that would own like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back