• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Ultimania - Main Nomura Interview Translated

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperNova

Awards
First time posting here! I am really happy to hear that they are focusing on difficulty balancing and adding new enemies to the DLC. Im hoping for a couple of new keyblades to be added because not having Oblivion or Oathkeeper I feel is a crime :p As for the secret ending and epilogue interview, personally Im gonna chalk it up to Nomura just being vague again. There is no way he isn’t gonna use Sora vs the Foretellers as the next big thing for KH4. And I think we are going to be in TWEWY Shibuya in some capacity, more specifically the UG, even if we don’t see Neku and Co. (Maybe at the least we will see Josh if he’s the one who brought Sora to Shibuya.)

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
That's a good question. Nomura might introduce another character associated with the crown necklace. Or knowing Nomura maybe an alternate version of Sora.

He was also vague about the seventh black chess piece as well

n the chess scene, YMX kind of associates the Crown Piece as being emblematic of the World's Defender. Maybe that's the concept?
Building off, the crown was also displayed on a TV in Shibuya; in that case, Yozora could be his world's defender.

First time posting here! I am really happy to hear that they are focusing on difficulty balancing and adding new enemies to the DLC. Im hoping for a couple of new keyblades to be added because not having Oblivion or Oathkeeper I feel is a crime :p As for the secret ending and epilogue interview, personally Im gonna chalk it up to Nomura just being vague again. There is no way he isn’t gonna use Sora vs the Foretellers as the next big thing for KH4. And I think we are going to be in TWEWY Shibuya in some capacity, more specifically the UG, even if we don’t see Neku and Co. (Maybe at the least we will see Josh if he’s the one who brought Sora to Shibuya.)

Welcome to KHI! Agreed on TWEWY; at the very least, the characters should introduce Sora to the new world, much like their role in DDD.

Enturax

Awards
It's a matter of opinion.

Yes, let's make the crappiest/clichest of writing hide under the rug of opinion. Smh, how do you even want to have art progress with people like this invading big, important works?

Not to mention that everyone gathering there is indeed a milestone and something one can get giddy about.

The person literally said it's a masterpiece. A MASTERPIECE. TO NOMURA. It's hard to imagine they could stand against what fans want any more.

It's the execution of the whole thing that's somewhat lacking

That's my point, you don't call something a masterpiece for a mere good intentions. It's like unironically calling a child's work a masterpiece, just because it wanted good.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Yes, let's make the crappiest/clichest of writing hide under the rug of opinion. Smh, how do you even want to have art progress with people like this invading big, important works?
The series should belong to those who raise it as if it were their own child. In that sense, no one on this earth has earned more artistic authority than Nomura and the Osaka team.

The person literally said it's a masterpiece. A MASTERPIECE. TO NOMURA. It's hard to imagine they could stand against what fans want any more.
There's nothing wrong with people enjoying things more so than others.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Building off, the crown was also displayed on a TV in Shibuya; in that case, Yozora could be his world's defender.
Yozora could also be the "prince" of Shinjuku like Noctis was in Insomnia. If he represents the white crown piece he'll definitely be a new Guardian of Light

SuperNova

Awards
Yozora could also be the "prince" of Shinjuku like Noctis was in Insomnia. If he represents the white crown piece he'll definitely be a new Guardian of Light

If Yozora was a new guardian of light then would he be Sora's replacement? Or maybe the new guardians of light are going to be like the new 7 princesses of hearts and will be made up of characters both new and old.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's my point, you don't call something a masterpiece for a mere good intentions. It's like unironically calling a child's work a masterpiece, just because it wanted good.

Or maybe people find more depth to the story than you have by observing it at its most surface level?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If Yozora was a new guardian of light then would he be Sora's replacement? Or maybe the new guardians of light are going to be like the new 7 princesses of hearts and will be made up of characters both new and old.
I'd say the latter. We could have thirteen Guardians of Light total against the seven new big bads

MelodicEnigma

Awards
Website
twitter.com

No matter how you feel, you're still not really disproving Sign's statement. Which, was a pretty fair, impartial stance in the first place. Calling that part of the game a "Masterpiece" or calling it "Crappy/Cliche" both fit along the spectrum of thought for opinion/personal experience. Don't throw a fit.

SuperNova

Awards
Honestly the 7 black pieces are Luxu, the five Foretellers, and the last piece has got to belong to the MoM. As for WHO the MoM is we don’t know yet. But I guarantee that he was the last one Nomura was referring to. As for the guardians of light Sora is the only one who I can think of who fits the crown symbol still, but along with him I can see Riku, Mickey, Ventus because of his connection to KHuX, maybe Aqua, and maybe if they find Skuld (If she’s Subject X) and maybe Yozora. I really hope they give Kairi SOMETHING to do too, KH3 was really unfair to her ):

LostArtist

Awards
<p>—We were worried that Utada Hikaru, who performed the theme songs for every numbered title up until now, would not return for KH3 as she had been taking an extended break from music. But, she returned safely to the business and provided the theme song this time around also.</p>
<p><strong>Nomura:</strong> We actually approached Ms Utada regarding new songs for the non-numbered titles too, but we didn't get the opportunity to have it come to fruition. But because this game was to be the latest entry to the numbered titles, the time was ripe to ask her for a new song. And when we did, Ms Utada was the one who proposed that instead of using an arrangement for the opening theme, we go with a second completely different new song: we were over the moon. I believe that it was the power of the KH fans around the world that motivated her to do such a thing. All the messages sent to Ms Utada from fans globally would have been a big encouragement to her, I would like to think.</p>

damn, imagine having different songs for every title, that's actually wild. I'm glad they ended up with the two songs for 3!

Enturax

Awards
No matter how you feel, you're still not really disproving Sign's statement. Which, was a pretty fair, impartial stance in the first place. Calling that part of the game a "Masterpiece" or calling it "Crappy/Cliche" both fit along the spectrum of thought for opinion/personal experience. Don't throw a fit.

Okay, I won't dwell on why standards exist and the level of experience matters, but as a supposed professional journalist you don't freaking go and tell the creator of a long running, complex franchise's arc (which's the entire franchise basically), who - according to fans and basic (good) writing rules - blew its epilogue, that he actually did exceptionally/peerlessly great with it, and without even throwing some "in my opinion" or "despite what others say I think" in at that, as if you were talking on the fans' behalf. (unless it's just a mistranslation)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Okay, I won't dwell on why standards exist and the level of experience matters, but as a supposed professional journalist you don't freaking go and tell the creator of a long running, complex franchise's arc (which's the entire franchise basically), who - according to fans and basic (good) writing rules - blew its epilogue, that he actually did exceptionally/peerlessly great with it, and without even throwing some "in my opinion" or "despite what others say I think" in at that, as if you were talking on the fans' behalf. (unless it's just a mistranslation)

Japanese gaming journalism isn’t the same as gaming journalism in the west. They exist more as marketing arms for various companies rather than critical and investigative journalists. And what did you expect to happen in a KH3 guide book made by Square Enix with an interview scripted by these interviewers and SE’s marketing staff with the creator of the franchise? The whole thing is a celebration of KH3 so of course they are going to praise Nomura.

And again, that’s an opinion. KH3 blew its epilogue for YOU and maybe for others, but the opposite can easily be said. Many liked it. Stop trying to talk as though any extreme is right or wrong. The interviewer didn’t need to clarify that it was their opinion. It’s their opinion. These things don’t have to always be prefaced.

Hirokey123

Awards
Honestly the 7 black pieces are Luxu, the five Foretellers, and the last piece has got to belong to the MoM. As for WHO the MoM is we don’t know yet. But I guarantee that he was the last one Nomura was referring to. As for the guardians of light Sora is the only one who I can think of who fits the crown symbol still, but along with him I can see Riku, Mickey, Ventus because of his connection to KHuX, maybe Aqua, and maybe if they find Skuld (If she’s Subject X) and maybe Yozora. I really hope they give Kairi SOMETHING to do too, KH3 was really unfair to her ):

I mean of course it does, the MoM said as much himself.

Backcover:

Master of Masters: So that makes you the indisposable number seven.

Luxu: Huh.
Master of Masters: Come on! It's simple. You six plus me is seven.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Interviewer: What was it like making a masterpiece?

Nomura: I made a lot of great writing decisions that turned out really well, like deciding there was nothing to be done about there being too much story to tell in a space of time as small as only 24+ hours, and plotting out one of the Pixar worlds before I even had the main story for the game down! Also I know what you are all thinking but I am not still mad about... that other project... that I never completed...

Also I'll be adding an English language option to the Japanese version of the game despite repeatedly telling fans it would be too much to give them a language toggle option in our current gen game! (laughs) And they'll still buy KHDDD2!!

GrandWebster

So Nomura confirmed in the last part they'll probably be a title before KH4, like a 3.5 or whatever.

Can anybody think what it could possible be about, storywise?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So Nomura confirmed in the last part they'll probably be a title before KH4, like a 3.5 or whatever.

Can anybody think what it could possible be about, storywise?

My best guess is Sora and Riku's adventure in Shibuya/Verum Rex. Though if that storyline is a part of KH4 then the game could focus on another character.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yozora being a Guardian of Light would be interesting, but I'd like to think that the content under Verum Rex will be introduced in KINGDOM HEARTS for the sake of testing the waters and see if Nomura can make a game out of that.

---

Edit:

Also, maybe the Crown symbolizes the character that is the top Guardian of Light that is at the same time the one that is responsible of safeguarding their respective Worldline. Sora could be the Crown of his Worldline, while Yozora is the Crown of the Worldline Sora is in.

Perhaps this is what is inside the Black Box: some sort of experiment that is meant to be the Guardian and Crown of every single Worldline.

Back