• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Ultimania - Main Nomura Interview Translated

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Enturax

Awards
And again, that’s an opinion. KH3 blew its epilogue for YOU and maybe for others, but the opposite can easily be said. Many liked it. Stop trying to talk as though any extreme is right or wrong. The interviewer didn’t need to clarify that it was their opinion. It’s their opinion. These things don’t have to always be prefaced.

And again, there's a difference between expressing that you like something, and calling it a masterpiece. If you call something a masterpiece that has an obvious, gigantic flaws (some of which are predictability) that only completely inexperienced people can't see, in a serious, big work that's known for its complex storytelling and plot, you're asking yourself to be called out for it or not to be taken seriously at the very least. So, hopefully, Nomura is very well aware of the criticism (which he most likely is) and knows why certain things were disliked exactly.

GrandWebster

I do wonder if this would lead some DDD-style game with Sora lost in Shibuya, I'm speculating 2021.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And again, there's a difference between expressing that you like something, and calling it a masterpiece. If you call something a masterpiece that has an obvious, gigantic flaws (some of which are predictability) that only completely inexperienced people can't see, in a serious, big work that's known for its complex storytelling and plot, you're asking yourself to be called out for it or not to be taken seriously at the very least. So, hopefully, Nomura is very well aware of the criticism (which he most likely is) and knows why certain things were disliked exactly.

It's like you are choosing to misunderstand. There are massive flaws to you. To others, they might actually not see the flaws or actually enjoy something despite the flaws. You can't call these people "inexperienced" if they find enjoyment in what you do not find enjoyment in.

I personally did not even have an opinion besides "wow wtf" or even come close to LIKING KH3 but I'm not about to call people who do find it enjoyable or don't agree with the what I think is wrong with the game as people who are wrong or that they can't be taken seriously. My opinion of KH3 is no better than any other opinion, nor is yours for that matter. As an audience, our opinions are going to vary and subjective takes will vary.

allenleonardo

Awards
I do wonder if Nomura simply did not want to say that its Sora even though it is Sora, because he wanted to keep people speculating about his fate. Maybe the chess match at the end will only be important later and not the next game thus he wants to keep it a secret if Sora will manage to free himself. I would just find it really strange to suddenly have someone else be the crown piece.

Also about Shibuya and "not Shibuya". Someone on reddit had posted a picture yesterday, showing that in the Verum Rex trailer there was a scene with a banner that had Shibuya on it, so even in that world Shibuya does exit. So honestly I still think that this was all about Verum Rex.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I do wonder if this would lead some DDD-style game with Sora lost in Shibuya, I'm speculating 2021.

I'm scared Disney will factor very little into this or not all. I feel like I'd like this game more if it were marketed as a TWEWY game with KH tie-ins rather than a fully-fledged KH title.

GrandWebster

I'm scared Disney will factor very little into this or not all. I feel like I'd like this game more if it were marketed as a TWEWY game with KH tie-ins rather than a fully-fledged KH title.

Well the only pertinent plotlines, came in form of Maleficient and Pete looking for the Box and The New Seven Hearts

So if anything, Don't really know how important they'll be for this specific title, because if there are going to be important for the Next Saga then probably more so, its something thats going to be saved for KH4.
This however looks like Disney won't play too big of a factor, since they don't have those plotlines involved in this situation.

I would imagine this is going to be a smaller scale game, which would save trouble for how long KH3 took. Plus I think it'll give Nomura time to also to develop KH4 since they do that.

SuperNova

Awards
Despite Nomura being vague on what comes next, my best guess is a bridge game similar to COM. Like how COM bridged 1 and 2 by introducing new characters and an ongoing conflict, this new game could do the same between 3 and 4. I don’t know if Malificent and Pete will be in this bridge game, but one thing is for certain.

You need Sora for KH4 unless they plan on saving the resolution to his fate for the beginning of KH4 (which would suck.) So I figure this game will give more focus on Yozora, what’s up with Riku, saving Sora, and the MoM.

GrandWebster

God, if the pessimism stays high for KH players. We won't get the Next Saga until late 2028-2029 pretty much 10 years from now. I probably would've dropped out from then.

The Kid

Awards
God, if the pessimism stays high for KH players. We won't get the Next Saga until late 2028-2029 pretty much 10 years from now. I probably would've dropped out from then.
You're not wrong. We prob not getting KH4 until all the FF7 stuff is out and released which could take a loooong time.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Honestly, the hassle from the back and forth with writing the Disney world stories and Disney's "Let it NO" attitude is a detriment to the series, so it might be for the best if Disney worlds take a back seat next game so more time can be put toward the main story. And maybe be a low key "If you don't give me more control then you're out!" message. lol

Sdog

Awards
You're not wrong. We prob not getting KH4 until all the FF7 stuff is out and released which could take a loooong time.

Not necessarily. While I do think it is going to be a bit of a wait, KH3 was developed and released by the Osaka team completely independently from FF7s development. While Nomura is obviously being tossed between multiple projects, Tai Yasue will probably be helming the next title while Nomuras not in house. But since we don't know how far along the whole FF7 project is we could coincidentally be waiting till it's all out for a 'KH4', if the remake is that far along.

Also I can't see Disney waiting for Square to finish their title when they could be making money off the next KH with how well 3 has been performing.

Enturax

Awards
It's like you are choosing to misunderstand. There are massive flaws to you. To others, they might actually not see the flaws or actually enjoy something despite the flaws. You can't call these people "inexperienced" if they find enjoyment in what you do not find enjoyment in.

I personally did not even have an opinion besides "wow wtf" or even come close to LIKING KH3 but I'm not about to call people who do find it enjoyable or don't agree with the what I think is wrong with the game as people who are wrong or that they can't be taken seriously. My opinion of KH3 is no better than any other opinion, nor is yours for that matter. As an audience, our opinions are going to vary and subjective takes will vary.

I understand that you want to be reasonable, fair, but I'm sorry, in my eyes there ARE some limits to having a viable opinion. Just like you've said - they could've been not counting stuff they ignored, yet still call it a masterpiece which's definition in short means that (nearly) everything is as close to perfection as possible, so overlooking the obviously understated, predictable, easy-going, unoriginal, rushed writing (basically the biggest enemies of a good storytelling) - is telling me that they're either inexperienced or don't understand the definition of the word "masterpiece".

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
why are you so worked up over the translation of an opinion of a random interviewer from another country

like, nomura doesn't even agree or thank the interviewer in the interview for saying that. instead he immediately goes into a paragraph long answer about how difficult the ending was to write, how every approach was going to be flawed in some way, and so he had to choose what to emphasize over other things. the fact that he also says this is a main focus for dlc shows he isn't totally satisfied with the end result either, so like, you dont need to worry about someone saying something nice about kh3 going to his head or something lol

Last edited:

Enturax

Awards
why are you so worked up over the translation of an opinion of a random interviewer from another country

like, nomura doesn't even agree or thank the interviewer in the interview for saying that. instead he immediately goes into a paragraph long answer about how difficult the ending was to write, how every approach was going to be flawed in some way, and so he had to choose what to emphasize over other things. the fact that he also says this is a main focus for dlc shows he isn't totally satisfied with the end result either, so like, you dont need to worry about someone saying something nice about kh3 going to his head or something lol

Sure.
Now I'm just replying back to people who may misunderstand my way of thinking or don't fully aknowledge certain perspectives.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Honestly, the hassle from the back and forth with writing the Disney world stories and Disney's "Let it NO" attitude is a detriment to the series, so it might be for the best if Disney worlds take a back seat next game so more time can be put toward the main story. And maybe be a low key "If you don't give me more control then you're out!" message. lol
It’s more likely Nomura would be removed from this franchise than Disney, considering Disney owns this. And while I could definitely picture a scenario of Nomura threatening not to make any more games if he couldn’t get his way, I doubt SE would give up the chance for more $$$ since KH is a lucrative property. Hard to even know if Nomura being removed would be a bad thing, tbh. The waits between games would be less and surely the storyline couldn’t get any worse. The only + I can think of to Nomura being in control is Sora remaining the protagonist.

Moreover, KH3’s problems have nothing to do with the Disney content anyway, imo--other than the low number of worlds. What's really lacking is the original content. A large final world, abbreviated levels for Castle Oblivion or the Realm of Darkness, an expanded Twilight Town, and/or a Radiant Garden visit would have pushed this game from a 7/10 to a 10/10. Nomura's the only one responsible for their absence.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It’s more likely Nomura would be removed from this franchise than Disney, considering Disney owns this. And while I could definitely picture a scenario of Nomura threatening not to make any more games if he couldn’t get his way, I doubt SE would give up the chance for more $$$ since KH is a lucrative property. Hard to even know if Nomura being removed would be a bad thing, tbh. The waits between games would be less and surely the storyline couldn’t get any worse. The only + I can think of to Nomura being in control is Sora remaining the protagonist.

Moreover, KH3’s problems have nothing to do with the Disney content anyway, imo--other than the low number of worlds. What's really lacking is the original content. A large final world, abbreviated levels for Castle Oblivion or the Realm of Darkness, an expanded Twilight Town, and/or a Radiant Garden visit would have pushed this game from a 7/10 to a 10/10. Nomura's the only one responsible for their absence.
Okay maybe not for realz, but doing less Disney or at least avoiding the more recent movies that have a choke hold on them could still make a small statement. Honestly even with the complaints the fandom has with Nomura, there'd be major backlash on both companies if he was removed so I do believe Nomura is relatively safe if he made a subtle not so subtle move (for one I wouldn't be surprised if a few people in SE aren't too happy with Nomura bringing out his Versus XIII concepts with Verum Rex but it's happening.)

Also be careful when saying the story couldn't get worse. Someone could take that as a challenge. lol

Not all of the problems anyway, but looking at how the new PoH were treated Disney may no longer be too keen on their girls being involved with the plot, which would explain why the new PoH plotline went absolutely nowhere and wasted everyone's time.

Granted it's hard to say since there's nothing concrete, but Disney could have pushed hard enough to put the original worlds to the sidelines so KH3 was more Disney-centric. Either way I have a hard time blaming Nomura fully when we know Disney was more involved this time around, so while I still think Nomura could have done much better with what we're given there really may have been some things out of his control.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Disney isn't much of a problem in the overall Disney writing, but rather in intellectual properties that they are so protective of, in this case, Frozen. And after watching Frozen 2's trailer it makes sense for them to have created limitations, seeing as how they may have wanted their team to develop whatever Nomura would have done.

SuperNova

Awards
I have a feeling that if they used Moana or Zootopia instead of Frozen that Disney wouldn’t be as restrictive as they were with Arendelle. Hopefully with Frozen 2 now a thing we can have a far better Arendelle world in KH4.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
Aw, man! He cut out the Fairy Godmother? I was really wanting to see her again, like Merlin she's really interesting. Maybe she is even a key blade master like him.
Hopefully he utilizes her, Leon and the others in the dlc.

allenleonardo

Awards
Aw, man! He cut out the Fairy Godmother? I was really wanting to see her again, like Merlin she's really interesting. Maybe she is even a key blade master like him.
Hopefully he utilizes her, Leon and the others in the dlc.

Since when is Merlin a keyblade master? Thats just Yen Sid right? (Or maybe I missed something) Because as far as I remember he is just a powerful magic user which is why some people asked why he was looking after Kairis and Axels training and not a master like Yen Sid. (Which I also wonder)

I doubt that we will see the whole FF gang in DLC. Its not impossible but they would have to create character models for everyone other than Leo and get the VAs back. That seems like a bit of too much work for just a DLC, especially since Nomura believed that they were not needed in KH anymore. We already fought most of them in other KH games so for me, it would be better to have new enemies as harder boss fights in the game instead of the same fights again.

Back