• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Ultimania - Main Nomura Interview Translated

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
God, if the pessimism stays high for KH players. We won't get the Next Saga until late 2028-2029 pretty much 10 years from now. I probably would've dropped out from then.
Not really with the development team using the Unreal Engine 4, they can just reuse the same character models and assets for the next games. At this rate I expect a new KH game to come out in 2021/2022 while KH4 comes out in 2023.

Not necessarily. While I do think it is going to be a bit of a wait, KH3 was developed and released by the Osaka team completely independently from FF7s development. While Nomura is obviously being tossed between multiple projects, Tai Yasue will probably be helming the next title while Nomuras not in house. But since we don't know how far along the whole FF7 project is we could coincidentally be waiting till it's all out for a 'KH4', if the remake is that far along.

Also I can't see Disney waiting for Square to finish their title when they could be making money off the next KH with how well 3 has been performing.
With the team using the Unreal Engine 4, they can just reuse the same character models and assets for the next games. At this rate, I expect a new KH game to come out in 2021/2022 while KH4 comes out in 2023.

I have a feeling that if they used Moana or Zootopia instead of Frozen that Disney wouldn’t be as restrictive as they were with Arendelle. Hopefully with Frozen 2 now a thing we can have a far better Arendelle world in KH4.
It would be interesting if films such as Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, Moana and any future Disney animated film from Walt Disney Animation Studios would also receive restrictions just like what happened to Frozen in KH3, cause basically aside from Frozen and the Pixar worlds (even though the restrictions aren't in the level as Frozen, and done in the right way), basically Tangled, Hercules, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Hero 6 (as this world takes place after the movie) didn't have restrictions from Disney nor the people involved from these properties.

With Frozen II releasing this year it makes me hopeful we would get less restrictions from Disney and the film's creators when it is adapted again as a world for KH4.

Last edited:
Back