• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 not expected to be out in early 2015?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

axel95

Awards
I expect a Holiday 2015 Japanese release, with the typical three month wait for other territories. I would be shocked if it wasn't released by mid-2016. Square is building the game up so much, it wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint to release it three years from now. Unless, God forbid, KH3 turns into the next Versus XIII.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I expect a Holiday 2015 Japanese release, with the typical three month wait for other territories. I would be shocked if it wasn't released by mid-2016. Square is building the game up so much, it wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint to release it three years from now. Unless, God forbid, KH3 turns into the next Versus XIII.

Won't happen. KH is a Disney property, as well as a Square property. Disney won't tolerate a vaporware product, especially not one with such immense consumer interest.

MizuMikomi

Awards
A Mid-to-late 2015 release, no further than Spring of 2016 is what I expect for Japan. Meanwhile, I don't expect English territories to get Kingdom Hearts III less than at least eight months after it's Japanese release. Maybe I am a little too optimistic here, but I'd have to think that with Sony, Microsoft, and Disney all waiting on the title's release that there'd have to be some major push on their ends of the spectrum.

I actually expect a short trailer with a CGI scene at E3 with our first full trailer at TGS of this year. I really doubt Osaka team will end up having any trouble with developing this game and I have full confidence that their usual turn-out rate for these games will hold true. So two ~ three years is what "I" find to be the most likely. (That's from D23 ~ Release might I add)

kingsoraful

Awards
Maybe they will pull a game freak and release it worldwide at the same time since they know how long everyone has waited for the game.

MizuMikomi

Awards
Highly doubtful, as II.5 would have been the perfect candidate for such.
At the most expect half a year, at the least, 5 ~ 8 weeks, I'd say.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Precisely. Everyone was expecting a global release for 2.5 given the massive pause in information we had, and we were thinking maybe they were trying to do both versions simultaneously. Yet, still a two month gap between the Japanese and English releases. So, we're definitely gonna see Japan get the game first.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
One has to say though that for Square's usual standards, "just" a two month gap is actually rather quick.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
One has to say though that for Square's usual standards, "just" a two month gap is actually rather quick.

I had the same thought, actually. A two month wait is actually really good, especially considering that 1.5 was finished by June 2013 and they still waited until September to release it anyway.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Yeah, a two month wait is the shortest gap we've had since DDD (March in Japan, July in the rest of the world).

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It would be different if Japan were getting it this summer, but even so, there's much to play between now and Dec. 2nd, so just having a release date is sufficient for me. As stated previously, a two-month turn-around is nothing really.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Usually 6 months, I believe.

Nah, 3-4. Birth by Sleep and I.5 are odd exceptions.

There was a month between CoM. Three between KH II. Four for Days, Eight for BBS, three for Re:coded, four for 3D, and six for 1.5.
II.5 is the shortest release difference we've had since the original Chain of Memories. So that's really impressive.

*Note, I was talking about between America and Japan, international versions vary but they've been pretty good about those too lately.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
If someone were to tell me that I'd already be a college graduate and a 2LT in the Army (it all happens next year summer) before KH3 came out back in 2006 I'd say no way. So much time as gone by, too much time. I've stopped caring about the wait or being anxious for the game years ago, it'll come out when it'll come out. It'll either succeed, or not live up to expectations, it could also crash and burn; whatever, the world keeps going 'round and 'round.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If someone were to tell me that I'd already be a college graduate and a 2LT in the Army (it all happens next year summer) before KH3 came out back in 2006 I'd say no way. So much time as gone by, too much time. I've stopped caring about the wait or being anxious for the game years ago, it'll come out when it'll come out. It'll either succeed, or not live up to expectations, it could also crash and burn; whatever, the world keeps going 'round and 'round.

We're gonna have to wait almost as long as the people who were looking forward to Diablo III. If the odds are in favor of 2016, then there will be a 10 year gap of wait.

Except the difference is that we've had 4 additional games, a remaster, and an upcoming remaster to fill the gap. The D3 folk had nothing. And also, Diablo III was met with such terrible reactions initially because the original team who made the first two games had nothing to do with D3. I have great faith that KH3 will live up to our expectations, since KH has stayed in the same hands for its entire lifetime. Different dev team, but same developers. And they have yet to release a KH game that I would rate less than a 10/10 (although I am a fanboy :p ).

Now, I don't believe KH3 will live up to the hype. Hype ruins games. Diablo III, Watch Dogs, and so forth were really overhyped for what they were. I believe the same will be true for KH3. However, I am keeping my hype down for this exact reason. My expectations are simply for KH3 to surpass KH2 in terms of overall quality, because KH2 Final Mix is my favorite game of all time. And I think it's safe to say, given the premise of KH3's plot, the next-gen tech, and the evolution of the series over the years, that my expectations can easily be met. So I'm very hopeful about KH3. I expect it to be fantastic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back