• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Complete Leak Summary

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Perkilator

Awards
Can I say something?
This community is really annoying.
I really do not understand what is the problem about Sora and Riku being the only playable characters.
It has perfectly sense for the end of a saga that is about them in first place.
For the BBS trio we had Aqua in 0.2 (we can almost consider 0.2 as a part of KH3).

Sora, Riku and Aqua - the most relevant characters in KH - playable on the next generation console: I think it's perfect and it's right.
What he said. I’m also bummed about no playable Kairi (this saga’s about her, too), but there’s always next game.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
What he said. I’m also bummed about no playable Kairi (this saga’s about her, too), but there’s always next game.

I mentioned it in another thread, but it seems a lot of fans in a lot of fandoms seem to care more about headcanon than actual canon and because of that they build these unrealistic expectations for themselves and when it doesn't go exactly the way they want it to they flip their shit over it.

theshadowman

Awards
I mentioned it in another thread, but it seems a lot of fans in a lot of fandoms seem to care more about headcanon than actual canon and because of that they build these unrealistic expectations for themselves and when it doesn't go exactly the way they want it to they flip their shit over it.
Could not agree more with you! These people getting upset seem to be upset their fan fiction plots in their heads didn’t come true. Probably for the best, if fans worked on the game, then it really would be an awful mess.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Could not agree more with you! These people getting upset seem to be upset their fan fiction plots in their heads didn’t come true. Probably for the best, if fans worked on the game, then it really would be an awful mess.

True, something that the Pokemon Company producer or designer said once which was that if he implemented half he ideas he was suggested that were considered the better ideas from the pool, the end result would be a terrible game. You can't please everyone, but I wish they'd at least stop putting themselves IN the project and start observing it from the outside and add in moving pieces. Your character can like or love a character from the series, but the moment they add a canon love interest you don't need to fly off the handle and act like you were personally attacked. Your character can be a god in said series, but the moment they establish an actual deity then you should start readjusting your shit so that you account for them being the first.

I RP'd once with a girl who INSISTED my interpretation of Might Guy was a hopeless romantic that was blindly in love with her. I was like "but that's not the kind of person Might Guy was" and she blocked me. I wasn't even mad.

Seighart

Awards
Can I say something?
I really do not understand what is the problem about Sora and Riku being the only playable characters.
For the BBS trio we had Aqua in 0.2 (we can almost consider 0.2 as a part of KH3).

Sora, Riku and Aqua - the most relevant characters in KH - playable on the next generation console: I think it's perfect and it's right.

Basically. I for one wouldn't even want to play as everyone else. Going into KH3 I expected to play as Sora and only Sora. I feel like i'm the only one that WANTS everything to call on Sora. He needs his due justice. Sure he defeated Ansem and Xemnas, but to me even the characters in universe seem to act like it wasn't much. We do have all of these characters (Most that we've played as in previous games aside from Kairi) and we haven't even finished Soras arc. This is Nomuras story. Not ours. I wish people would stop acting like they know what's best for the story when they know it's the story that's kept them here! Idc if we never play as Kairi. If anything leave it to a side game. The main titles are for Soras progression. Let's leave it that way.

U.N. Owen

Awards
You're not too far off the mark. I think 0.2 was meant to be a part of KH3 in the same way Roxas had his own prologue in KH2. I think there is an interview where Nomura said 0.2 was the length of a single world in KH3.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
You're not too far off the mark. I think 0.2 was meant to be a part of KH3 in the same way Roxas had his own prologue in KH2. I think there is an interview where Nomura said 0.2 was the length of a single world in KH3.

You're right, it's like 0.2 is 2.9 and leads directly into KH3. A prologue of sorts. And there was an interview that was NOT redacted like some people here seem to be under the impression, and said that when he had an employee play through a world in KH3 from start to finish it was longer than he expected it to be.

Beyond

Awards

If I have to be completely honest I do not care about Kairi being not playable either.
I mean, I wanted - and I still want - her to have more development but, on the other hand, I do not care about her a lot.
I'm kinda used to her being not that important in the series despite being one of the main characters - again, if I have to be honest, I do not consider her as such -: that's why I'm not attached to her.
I mean, she kind don't have even a personality.
So, it would be wierd if we ended up playing - for the end of a saga - as someone who never played an important role in that same saga.

I hope she will develop some personality in this game, so we can play as her in the next one.

Basically. I for one wouldn't even want to play as everyone else. Going into KH3 I expected to play as Sora and only Sora. I feel like i'm the only one that WANTS everything to call on Sora. He needs his due justice. Sure he defeated Ansem and Xemnas, but to me even the characters in universe seem to act like it wasn't much. We do have all of these characters (Most that we've played as in previous games aside from Kairi) and we haven't even finished Soras arc. This is Nomuras story. Not ours. I wish people would stop acting like they know what's best for the story when they know it's the story that's kept them here! Idc if we never play as Kairi. If anything leave it to a side game. The main titles are for Soras progression. Let's leave it that way.

I agree with you.
The "main" title are about Sora.
But I'm happy with Riku being playable in KH3, even if I wanted his section to be kinda "small" - which is -.
I like him more than Sora and I loved play as him in DDD and CoM, but I still think that in this type of title things should be this way.
With Sora be THE character.

I didn't know about this interview, thank you!

Pokie

Can I say something?

Because people have been wanting Kairi to be a playable character since KH2. It's frustrating. In KH2 she gets pushed aside and only Sora & Riku fight. In DDD she gets pushed aside AGAIN and only Sora and Riku do the "test". Then we get teased with a little bit hope for KH3, for Kairi beginning to start training.

And then KH3 comes along, and Kairi gets pushed aside, AGAIN.

a0348284bc3571876a758368e290a0b0.jpeg

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Because people have been wanting Kairi to be a playable character since KH2. It's frustrating. In KH2 she gets pushed aside and only Sora & Riku fight. In DDD she gets pushed aside AGAIN and only Sora and Riku do the "test". Then we get teased with a little bit hope for KH3, for Kairi beginning to start training.

We don't really know the extent of her role yet so you can't say she's getting pushed back. She could be a major ass kicker during the final fights, but we just can't control her. Having her as an ally even. She's new to combat though, so maybe that's the excuse? Riku and Sora were constantly sword fighting back when they were on DI and she only seemed to be watching them, not actually fighting with them.

Beyond

Awards

I never wanted Kairi to be playable.
And I think a lot of people don't care about her.
First she has to be a real character (you know, not just being a cute female with a sweet dress and a good haircute), and than we can talk about her being playable.

Btw, I would like to have her as an ally.
I think is the best she can have right now.

Seighart

Awards
I never wanted Kairi to be playable.
And I think a lot of people don't care about her.
First she has to be a real character (you know, not just being a cute female with a sweet dress and a good haircute), and than we can talk about her being playable.

Btw, I would like to have her as an ally.
I think is the best she can have right now.

I do see a vocal minority asking to play as Kairi. If anything I'd think people would choose Roxas, Lea, or any of the BBS Trio over Kairi.

wolfshadow0118

I was kinda wanting Kairi to be playable in this game. Maybe a small portion like riku. And who knows, maybe she or someone else will be playable. The leaker literally posted 2+ playable characters first, then switched it to only riku and sora. I call bluff on that considering the whole "coliseum" fiasco.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I do see a vocal minority asking to play as Kairi. If anything I'd think people would choose Roxas, Lea, or any of the BBS Trio over Kairi.

If roxas was playable he would no longer have 2 keyblades and thus the peoples interest in him would cease

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Young Eraqus/Xehanort being playable would have been more satisfying to me. I do hope that she's at least a party member or we get to see her doing some crazy light based moves on the side, however.

littlepunkryo

To be frank, the fact that she's been off to the side so much should have been the first clue that she wasn't gonna be playable. Her roles in the games have consistently been small, especially compared to Sora and Riku, who have both had actual character arcs across multiple games. It makes total sense that you can play as them - they've been the main characters, we've played as them both multiple times before. We're lucky they even bothered to give Kairi a keyblade this time around, considering what they've done with her up to KH3.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I wasn’t really hoping to be able to play as seven guardians of light, but I do still hope (and I think we have a good shot) that we get a segment where you play with a party of five (Sora, Donald, Goofy, and two between Mickey, Riku, Kairi, and Lea). Or maybe you get a party consisting of Sora, Donald, Goofy, Kairi, and Lea? And then you get a segment where you play as Riku fighting alongside Mickey. Boom, seven guardians.

Or assuming everybody somehow comes back for the final battle, let’s just spitball and say Riku’s Party consists of him, Mickey, Aqua, Terra, and Ven. I dunno. Just thinking. Maybe they’ll go all out and actually have a party of seven for the final battle? Five is probably the limit for technical reasons, of course, but who knows, maybe they’d surprise us.

That all being said, I know we were never going to get an army of the Disney world’s backing us up against hordes of darkness for a huge LOTR style battle, much as I wanted it to happen. But it’s still kinda... odd that, presumably, the only ones going to the graveyard with the intention of the final battle is SDG, Mickey, Riku, Kairi, and Lea. Yen Sid, your plan was to send seven people and that’s it? Get some help! Call in Aeleus and Ienzo and Dilan! Call the HB Restoration Committee! Call the three fairies! Or maybe you can con Pete and Maleficent into helping out? XD

Master Exin

Awards
Honestly, I'm fine if Kairi or someone else does become playable, either in this or a future installment. If not, I won't be overtly bothered either.

rodx

The problem of Kairi not being playable is that it trows DDD secret ending on the garbage,a Huge dispointment,at least I hope for DLC or that we have a small part with Aqua on the secret ending update .

After all this years no way that this game will live up to they Hype like FF XV,but I remember Vanilla KH 2 tread and people's rejection,nowdays his Final Mix is the best of the franchise alongside Birth By Sleep .

Back