• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 at D23 Expo 2015 Coverage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Agreed. I spent ten years not even knowing that there was a Lady and the Tramp cameo in Kingdom Hearts I...

I know what you mean. Only when I played KH1.5 did I realize it was there in Traverse Town. I NEVER noticed it before.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I know what you mean. Only when I played KH1.5 did I realize it was there in Traverse Town. I NEVER noticed it before.
i'd be surprised if anyone missed it after kh3d pretty much puts a spotlight on it

god joshua is such a sassy gay guy

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
^ Yeah, I think KH3D is what made me notice it then when I re-played KH1 I was totally shocked.

warmaster34

Yeah, there was the CoM-themed GBA SP, the Days-themed DSi, the DDD-themed original 3DS, and the BBS-themed PSP 3000, right? And I'm pretty sure every single one of those was/is Japan exclusive. And if the MGSV PS4 is Japan exclusive (a far more popular series than KH in NA), then a KH3 PS4 will probably be as well. Plus, wasn't the Dragon Quest PS4 that Square announced exclusive to Japan as well?

And yeah, KH stuff has ridiculous re-sell value. That's why you should always pre-order it, even if you're not entirely sure you want it. Because if you decide you don't, then you can sell it for probably more than you paid. If you later decide you do want it and didn't get it, have fun paying probably triple the original cost. Still can't believe I got my Mark of Mastery Edition for $55 and I see that thing going for hundreds on eBay.

There's also always the chance that FFXV will be disappointing. Probably not, but at least you'll get to wait for the reviews to find out. I'm only say that because playing Episode Duscae made me feel like the game is going be a whole lot of "meh" especially considering the now-announced FFVII remake.
right now the KH news and the FF 15 news are both = disappointing I thought SE had their game face on guess I was wrong for now on I gonna be very careful about their news I was looking forward to hearing about Drive stuff and seeing Riku and the others and more then just ONE WORLD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;HgNaHA4LNxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgNaHA4LNxc[/video]

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
right now the KH news and the FF 15 news are both = disappointing I thought SE had their game face on guess I was wrong for now on I gonna be very careful about their news I was looking forward to hearing about Drive stuff and seeing Riku and the others and more then just ONE WORLD

E3 was just 2 months ago and we got a ton of new information there. You can't expect them to deliver that scale at every event they attend, especially when they only had 20 minutes to speak about it to a very general audience.

There is a dedicated KH fan event at D23 Expo Japan in November. Just be patient.

radiantmemories

It's awesome to see how excited everone was about KH at the expo. Anyone who was talking onstage could barely get two sentences out before people started cheering again, lol.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
E3 was just 2 months ago and we got a ton of new information there. You can't expect them to deliver that scale at every event they attend, especially when they only had 20 minutes to speak about it to a very general audience.

There is a dedicated KH fan event at D23 Expo Japan in November. Just be patient.

Not to mention, we were originally under the impression that we would have to wait until November before getting anymore news, because Nomura specifically said that there's going to be more big KH3 news at D23 Japan. We learned of D23 Anaheim having KH3 news after the fact, so I don't think it was ever meant to have any big reveals in the first place, and all the good stuff is coming in November.

I'm just grateful Square is learning and they gave us another piece of news to tide us over. I still can't believe we went almost 2 years without any substantial KH3 news after the D23 2013 trailer. I'm looking forward to November, but it sounds so far away now that D23 Anaheim has ended x(

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Not to mention, we were originally under the impression that we would have to wait until November before getting anymore news, because Nomura specifically said that there's going to be more big KH3 news at D23 Japan. We learned of D23 Anaheim having KH3 news after the fact, so I don't think it was ever meant to have any big reveals in the first place, and all the good stuff is coming in November.

I'm just grateful Square is learning and they gave us another piece of news to tide us over. I still can't believe we went almost 2 years without any substantial KH3 news after the D23 2013 trailer. I'm looking forward to November, but it sounds so far away now that D23 Anaheim has ended x(

Less than 3 months until D23 Japan at least! The wait after that will be the hardest part since there aren't as many events taking place during the first half of the year. Hopefully by then, development will have progressed far enough along that they're comfortable giving us bits and pieces on a more regular basis~

Unchained's also releasing in a few weeks for Japan, so we could be hearing some more news about that on the western front :)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Less than 3 months until D23 Japan at least! The wait after that will be the hardest part since there aren't as many events taking place during the first half of the year. Hopefully by then, development will have progressed far enough along that they're comfortable giving us bits and pieces on a more regular basis~

Unchained's also releasing in a few weeks for Japan, so we could be hearing some more news about that on the western front :)

I keep forgetting they're having the Kingdom Hearts event separate from the main D23 show, which I think means they want more time to be able to talk about stuff, which means the potential for a lot more big announcements, since the event happens on the 3rd and the actual D23 doesn't happen until the 6th.

I'm hoping we get some KH news from TGS. Not KH3 news, though that'd be nice, but KH news of some sort. Perhaps the Western release for Unchained? Maybe even DDD HD or Nomura going back on his statement and we get a PS4 ReMIX reveal? There's more KH news than just KH3 to look forward to, so there's hope. Only annoying thing is that Square is so random about releasing news, that it often just comes out of the blue on their Facebook page, at least with lesser announcements like Collector's Editions or HD collections or release dates and whatnot.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm just satisfied that they were able to announce a new world. It makes me feel like there's actual progress on the game. The way that Roy Conli spoke about the themes matching KH's own makes me think that it's already been discussed on how the worlds selected will match the main story.

The fact that they confirmed it will happen after the movie makes me think that there's more integration of the main story into the DISNEY worlds. Unlike The Pride Lands where it was about half way into the movie that the gang arrived, Big HERO 6 will be completely after the movie ended (I didn't watch the movie yet so I can't really say anything about it) so that says they're looking to do a unique storyline separate from the movie's plot, which makes it much easier to slip in main story elements.

One thing bugs me and that's the fact that they released concept art rather than a screenshot of gameplay in the world. That makes me feel uneasy about how far into development they are. Although, and I hope this is the case, I think that they could have only shown concept art because there wasn't time to show a full fledged trailer of the world and if they showed a shot of gameplay... well, people would have wanted more.

I can easily wait until November. Being a KH fan has basically taught me how to be extremely patient. I'm just hoping at the next event we get to see an older world returning (and gameplay in that world). I don't mind knowing what worlds will appear, but I think I want to keep the visuals a surprise.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm just satisfied that they were able to announce a new world. It makes me feel like there's actual progress on the game. The way that Roy Conli spoke about the themes matching KH's own makes me think that it's already been discussed on how the worlds selected will match the main story.

That, and now our suspicions about Roy's "series" of films is correct, and Treasure Planet is likely going to be world since he directed that one too.

One thing bugs me and that's the fact that they released concept art rather than a screenshot of gameplay in the world. That makes me feel uneasy about how far into development they are. Although, and I hope this is the case, I think that they could have only shown concept art because there wasn't time to show a full fledged trailer of the world and if they showed a shot of gameplay... well, people would have wanted more.

Either they didn't have time to create a trailer (E3 was only 2 months ago) or the game is not far enough into development for gameplay to be shown. Honestly, I think it's both. If they couldn't even show us Rapunzel in the Tangled world, I seriously doubt they would have much to show us for Big Hero 6.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
That, and now our suspicions about Roy's "series" of films is correct, and Treasure Planet is likely going to be world since he directed that one too.

Either they didn't have time to create a trailer (E3 was only 2 months ago) or the game is not far enough into development for gameplay to be shown. Honestly, I think it's both. If they couldn't even show us Rapunzel in the Tangled world, I seriously doubt they would have much to show us for Big Hero 6.

I'm really hoping that TREASURE Planet is in along with The Hunchback of Notre Dame. We really got robbed fighting alongside Quasimodo and pretty much everything else in KH3D.

warmaster34

sigh lately my hype for kingdom hearts 3 has bean dying back at E3 2013 I was sooo HYPED and then this E3 I was just HYPED and now a feel nothing but emptiness :frown: and I hate this feeling if November dose not have mind blowing news I will just stop following KH news and just wait for the game to release,this sucks for me because came all the way from Canada to anaheim to see a big KH update,then this if its going to be like this then I rather stay in the dark again about the game at less then I can speculate we already knew about the keyblade transformations,that was nothing new and Big hero 6 did not need a whole stage for itself no matter how many times I think about it doesn't make sense

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
sigh lately my hype for kingdom hearts 3 has bean dying back at E3 2013 I was sooo HYPED and then this E3 I was just HYPED and now a feel nothing but emptiness :frown: and I hate this feeling if November dose not have mind blowing news I will just stop following KH news and just wait for the game to release,this sucks for me because came all the way from Canada to anaheim to see a big KH update,then this if its going to be like this then I rather stay in the dark again about the game at less then I can speculate we already knew about the keyblade transformations,that was nothing new and Big hero 6 did not need a whole stage for itself no matter how many times I think about it doesn't make sense

Just out of curiosity, do you remember much about the promotion for earlier games? Because this is nothing out of the ordinary, and frankly, even getting a new world announcement so soon after the previous one at a time when they don't really have much to show was pretty surprising.

I'm sorry that you traveled all that way and left unsatisfied. Please try understand that there was no chance we would have gotten anything on the scale of E3 (which was a mere 2 months ago) at D23 anyways. The fact that KH didn't get a dedicated stage event and had to share with 2 other AAA titles in only one hour should have made it clear.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
And I'm pretty sure every single one of those was/is Japan exclusive. And if the MGSV PS4 is Japan exclusive (a far more popular series than KH in NA), then a KH3 PS4 will probably be as well./QUOTE]

Just a note, the CoM GBA SP was also released in Europe and the UK (weird, right?), but nothing else so going on that trend, it's likely any LE system would be JP only. The only reason it may not is because as of late, US has been getting their own exclusives, not in line with an LE system, but it's getting bigger and better.

Disney movies have been doing little references and Easter Eggs like that to other films for a long time. It'd be a pretty huge accomplishment if KH got that ​much recognition.

I agree, as much as we love their games, their parks, their merchandise, Disney movies are Disney's main medium. We already have KH merchandise in the parks, events on park property, in their big events, and now in their games. If KH got a cameo in their movies, that would probably be a sign that Disney is albeit ready to expand KH into a full-blown line at that rate lol I don't know if I want that...too much too keep track of.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
And I'm pretty sure every single one of those was/is Japan exclusive. And if the MGSV PS4 is Japan exclusive (a far more popular series than KH in NA), then a KH3 PS4 will probably be as well./QUOTE]

Just a note, the CoM GBA SP was also released in Europe and the UK (weird, right?), but nothing else so going on that trend, it's likely any LE system would be JP only. The only reason it may not is because as of late, US has been getting their own exclusives, not in line with an LE system, but it's getting bigger and better.

I agree, as much as we love their games, their parks, their merchandise, Disney movies are Disney's main medium. We already have KH merchandise in the parks, events on park property, in their big events, and now in their games. If KH got a cameo in their movies, that would probably be a sign that Disney is albeit ready to expand KH into a full-blown line at that rate lol I don't know if I want that...too much too keep track of.

Sora had a cameo appearance in Wreck-It Ralph. Not to the extent I think you're talking about, but he was there.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Sora had a cameo appearance in Wreck-It Ralph. Not to the extent I think you're talking about, but he was there.

Do you mean in that Tapper video game that was actually proven to just be a cowboy that had a similar color scheme to Sora? I could very well be wrong, but I've watched Wreck-It-Ralph religiously (best animated movie ever as far as I'm concerned) and I've never seen Sora.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Sora was definitely not in Wreck It Ralph. If he was, I would know. I looked everywhere for a sign of KH in Wreck It Ralph. I thought I saw the Sora crown on that one wall that had "Aerith Lives" written on it, but it wasn't that specific crown.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Do you mean in that Tapper video game that was actually proven to just be a cowboy that had a similar color scheme to Sora? I could very well be wrong, but I've watched Wreck-It-Ralph religiously (best animated movie ever as far as I'm concerned) and I've never seen Sora.
for real? i was convinced that was sora, what a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back