• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 + Birth By sleep = 3D?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale

Ok guys this is just a quick thing Ive been thinking about, Right in Kingdom Hearts 2 there was a certain dynamic flow to the gameplay, it was fast paced, flashy and flowed really well but it was all jumbled up with Drive forms etc. Now In Birth By we had a more structured way of game play with the command deck which allowed abilities to be organised, What i feel was lost in BBS was the flow and fast paced dynamics that Kingdom hearts 2 had, now I know many of you will argue saying that the command styles were just as fast paced and dynamic as the drive forms and game play of KH2 but the combos and other styles of mele combat in BBS felt more robotic and slower. I want them to combine the dynamic flow and fast paced mele combat of KH2 and BBS organizational commands what are your thoughts?

Bobby Craft

I think sliding on a rail in Traverse Town is what they consider fast paced.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But BBS is fast-paced as long as you set your deck up right. Isn't Nomura's keyword for DDD "dynamic gameplay" or something like that lololol?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In BBS it also depends on who you play as, as Terra is really somewhat sluggish.
On the other hand Ventus is insanely fast and with his lightweight keyblade and agile battle style maybe even faster than Sora.

Furthermore, as Ethnic already pointed out, it also depends on how one sets up the deck.
Personally I found the BBS-system to be way more versatile and diverse than KH 2's who one just needs to hack away and occassionally uses a Curaga or Reflect.
For me the BBS-system is certainly more fun.

Absolute

But BBS is fast-paced as long as you set your deck up right. Isn't Nomura's keyword for DDD "dynamic gameplay" or something like that lololol?

From the looks of the early action with the wall jumping and lamppost twirling to attack, I say 'dynamic gameplay' means 'nuking overkill.'

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
While we're on the subject, did anyone else power up BBS yesterday for the anniversary? Lol

I completely forgot it was the anniversary, but I started a new game the day before xD

Bobby Craft

From the looks of the early action with the wall jumping and lamppost twirling to attack, I say 'dynamic gameplay' means 'nuking overkill.'

Haha that's exactly what I thought. I'm not trying to judge the game based on 7 seconds of game play, but it all looked really gimmicky.

Sora slid down then rail, jumped from post to post, dashed over to the wall, and then lunged at the heartless.

Why not just jump down and proceed with the button mashing :<

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I may do a complete series playthrough though for the anniversary and such. *u*

That is what I'm doing lol...I did BbS a couple weeks back, and now I'm doing KH1. I hope to be able to replay the whole series, then get the Final Mixes from Japan, and then if I finish those, hopefully DDD will be out :D

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Did BBS become slower than KH2, or did BBS go back to the reliable pace of KH1 and CoM?
It really just depends on who you're controlling I found Ven and Aqua to be just just as fast as KH2 Sora.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have this feeling that the gameplay won't be what we think it is. It might have looked flashy and gimmicky in the trailer, but all trailers show flashy and gimmicky gameplay in order to sell the game. Definitely seems like it will be a part of the drop system and it had some kind of speed measure.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
I have this feeling that the gameplay won't be what we think it is. It might have looked flashy and gimmicky in the trailer, but all trailers show flashy and gimmicky gameplay in order to sell the game. Definitely seems like it will be a part of the drop system and it had some kind of speed measure.

I wouldnt like it to be that fast all the time, it would he harder to control

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It wouldn't stay fast all of the time. It would build up as you make the meter rise, then as you don't do whatever makes the meter rises , your speed decreases.

I wonder how it really works, though.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Nomura said in an interview that the gameplay was very fun, so i can't wait to see some gameplay videos from the booths at tgs :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It wouldn't stay fast all of the time. It would build up as you make the meter rise, then as you don't do whatever makes the meter rises , your speed decreases.

I wonder how it really works, though.

That could be annoying. o_____O I'd like if it were like that with the addition of a button that lets you choose to activate the drop gauge abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back