• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 for Xbox One

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboticScalp

Okay, my main thing is this: why have the main game on the Xbox One, yet leave the prologue out? It's like MGSV, y'know? Ground Zeros came and went on both systems.

Idk, I just don't want to have to buy a ps4 to play 2.8; I really hope square looks out for us Xbox guys.

And I don't understand why people are SO against Kingdom Hearts on Xbox. It was never really exclusive to the PlayStation. The PlayStation was the only platform at the time. Obviously Square wants to reach a wider audience which is why III is set for both. So it would stand to reason they may release 2.8 for the Xbone yet. We shall see.

I digress.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Obviously Square wants to reach a wider audience which is why III is set for both. So it would stand to reason they may release 2.8 for the Xbone yet. We shall see.

I digress.

Obviously Square got them Ca$h from Microsoft, lol.

I guess that's also the reason why the ReMixes aren't coming to Xb.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Obviously Square got them Ca$h from Microsoft, lol.

I guess that's also the reason why the ReMixes aren't coming to Xb.
^^^^^^^

It's very clear that Microsoft paid for KH3 because it's such a highly demanded title. They probably don't care to pay for 1 5, 2.5 and 2.8 because those aren't the games that everyone talks about.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
^^^^^^^

It's very clear that Microsoft paid for KH3 because it's such a highly demanded title. They probably don't care to pay for 1 5, 2.5 and 2.8 because those aren't the games that everyone talks about.

Thank God it didn't turn into another Tomb raider situation. That would've been a hell storm o.o

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Fun fact: Square Enix and many other publishers believed that when they went into the new generation, XB1 would have a more dominant position in the market. On the other hand, they knew that JRPG fans tend to gravitate to Sony consoles so they decided that the best course of action would be to make KH3 multiplatform (and the same went for FFXV). These decisions came when Wada resigned and Matsuda took over.

Microsoft actually didn't moneyhat although I imagine some sort of discussion had gone on behind scenes with execs at Microsoft on the potential for the future was, and that probably influenced the decision a bit.

When the PS4 blew up like it did, it surprised pretty much every publisher out there (they were all idiots) and so SE is left with the awkward situation of having promised an XB1 version of KH3 but knowing the PS4 will be where they get most of their profits from.

My belief is that they don't want to invest on porting any of the other KH collections to XB1 because there is very little guarantee that the games will see any profit. If anything, my guess is that they will use KH3 to gauge interest in the franchise on the console then look into porting the rest over post-KH3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
1) Whoever is looking to get a PS4 bundle, get the Uncharted 4 bundle so I can be very envious of you.

2) Birth by Sleep is effectively Kingdom Hearts 0. It's a main game. Same as Dream Drop Distance which very much feels like Kingdom Hearts III Part 1.

3) While it's a remaster of a PSP title and was dismissed among the hard core fanbase, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD only sold about 1000 copies on the Xbox One. Final Fantasy XIII also did not sell that well on the Xbox 360. There aren't many JRPG fans on the Xbox and as such you will find more variety for that genre on the PS4.

4) Like Master Spockanort said, Square Enix was expecting the Xbox One to lead this console generation and when they pulled their reveals of XV and KH3 they took the risk and said "right it is coming to both of these consoles". Naturally these were both announced a bit too early and if the games were left to be revealed at a later date you can be assured that they would only be announced for the PS4.

5) Because the PS4 blew up, Square can use some developer data to predict the amount of expected sales they can get from that console. I'm sure they would be able to get more of an idea if they had released 1.5 and 2.5 for the PS4, but KH1.5 came out prior to the PS4's release and as such they didn't expect it to blow up.

Now they're left with this problem of only Kingdom Hearts 3 coming to Xbox One with no prior games as well. Once they realised their mistake, Square probably should have cancelled the Xbox port of the game but they are sticking to their guns. This means any of the PS exclusive games won't go onto that console. This might have been a discussion with Sony after the PS4 blew up, keep the other games on Sony platforms to try and get fans who had Xbox's to purchase PS4's so they can get the latest games.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Don't forget that in addition to the X1 version probably not generating them near as much profit as the PS4 version, X1 is generally harder to optimize games for (I can already tell KH3's framerate is going to be a mess). I'm assuming that the only reason they haven't dropped the X1 versions of both KH3 and FFXV is that they are contractually obligated to develop them.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I don't really think Microsoft paid for KH3, myself. A big thing when the new consoles were announced was that they both used a similar architecture which made porting to them a lot easier than they had in the past (and Nomura at the time even said that any platform that could support DirectX11 or whatever it was was under consideration for release (i.e. PC)). So a lot of games that weren't paid to be exclusive (which is far more the norm than someone paying to be multiplat) naturally were announced for both. Now though, years into the consoles, there are noticable trends of what sells and what doesn't, as others have pointed out, which might make even the relative simplicity of the port not be worth the cost in the long run.

There's also the fact that 2.8 might use the touchpad as well for DDD, which doesn't have an easy workaround for the Xbox which could explain why 2.8 is only coming out for the PS4 as well (and I'm surprised no one else seemed to mention this?).

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There's also the fact that 2.8 might use the touchpad as well for DDD, which doesn't have an easy workaround for the Xbox which could explain why 2.8 is only coming out for the PS4 as well (and I'm surprised no one else seemed to mention this?).

Honestly I forgot about KH3D for a minute, but only because they haven't show us any of the control changes.

It actually makes me wonder if KH3 will be different for each console beyond performance and resolution because Nomura is notorious for wanting to utilize all available functions of a console if he can convince the dev team, and the touchpad (and light bar for cosmetic aspects) is prime for such experimentation.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Honestly I forgot about KH3D for a minute, but only because they haven't show us any of the control changes.

It actually makes me wonder if KH3 will be different for each console beyond performance and resolution because Nomura is notorious for wanting to utilize all available functions of a console if he can convince the dev team, and the touchpad (and light bar for cosmetic aspects) is prime for such experimentation.

OFF TOPIC...

...but as for the Dualshock 4 Controller, I really want them to use that Light Bar. For example, if your HP is like under 70% (or whenever that "warning signal" comes), the Light Bar blinks as well or something like that.

Sorry, again, for the OOC Post..

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
OFF TOPIC...

...but as for the Dualshock 4 Controller, I really want them to use that Light Bar. For example, if your HP is like under 70% (or whenever that "warning signal" comes), the Light Bar blinks as well or something like that.

i love them to output the death siren through the speaker so it doesn't blast put the TV and drown everything else out as well.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
OFF TOPIC...

That's be awesome xD Have it flash red and white. Or it can go from green to orange to red as your HP drops.

Also what Chuman said and also have the low HP siren come through the speaker on the controller. I hate hearing it on my TV and I can never have it up too loud because of that sound. (I guess I should just get good lol)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
That's be awesome xD Have it flash red and white. Or it can go from green to orange to red as your HP drops.

Also what Chuman said and also have the low HP siren come through the speaker on the controller. I hate hearing it on my TV and I can never have it up too loud because of that sound. (I guess I should just get good lol)

i petition we make "git gud spocknart" t shirts

the controller should turn solid red as sora and hot pink when playing as riku lmao

Muke

whatever
Awards
I like the idea of the siren coming putta the controller. It would be so... neat.

RoboticScalp

Truthfully, I am regretting my choice to get Xbox one. Looking at all the exclusives coming out for both, ps4 is looking SO much better.

I'd get a ps4, but my girlfriend says I need to be "fiscally responsible." I may honestly trade the X1 in yet. Ugh.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Truthfully, I am regretting my choice to get Xbox one. Looking at all the exclusives coming out for both, ps4 is looking SO much better.

I'd get a ps4, but my girlfriend says I need to be "fiscally responsible." I may honestly trade the X1 in yet. Ugh.

You can definitely trade it in. I'd wait for a discounted bundle during Black Friday this year or wait and see if there will be a KH3 bundle. (SCEA, Disney, and Square Enix would be ridiculous if they didn't do this)

Muke

whatever
Awards
You can definitely trade it in. I'd wait for a discounted bundle during Black Friday this year or wait and see if there will be a KH3 bundle. (SCEA, Disney, and Square Enix would be ridiculous if they didn't do this)
I am sure there will be a KH3 bundle. Not so likely for 2.8, though.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

the most i'd expect for 2.8 is a mock up MoM edition for the LE. just a dynamic ps4 theme code, pin, controller skin and steelbook case (pls sqarue).

this is me, being extremely unrealistic and off topic haha sorry

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't know. SCEA is really weird with special consoles. It should be a no-brainer considering how rabid Kingdom Hearts fans are, but they seem to be very picky about what games they make special editions for and how many they plan to do in a year

SCEJ will do it no doubt.

Also I bet we will see a special FF7R PS4...

RoboticScalp

What I don't get is why the die hard ps4 fans talk mad shit to Xbone dudes and say they're not "true" Kingdom Hearts fans simply because of the choice of console we initially picked. Granted, I do wish I had gotten the ps4; I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back