• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Re: Mix is 80-90% Complete!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Someone on that blog was hoping for a January release xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This message is brought to you by Co-Director Tai Yasue.

Yasue is great :3

reminds me of the replica fights in KH2FM+ so something like that for every boss? that's what I believe you mean? although I watched an entire walkthrough of KH3D I didn't know they had that...

Yeah, like that. A similar feature was in KH3D as Link Portals (Secret Portals) for all bosses. It is very challenging and very fun, especially if you were the type to overlevel and fought bosses normally with relative ease the first time around

Vəntus;5937925 said:
I really hope it's a Feb/Mar release.
Someone on that blog was hoping for a January release xD

I definitely want something close to a late-January/early-February release since January overall seems rather soon.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
I want an interview of the voice actors from both the US and japan and their takes on the characters and how they got the roles, as an extra.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I feel like the subject of "how they got their roles" might be a bit rude? But we pretty much know the gist of how the process works for both English and Japanese voice actors by now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I want an interview of the voice actors from both the US and japan and their takes on the characters and how they got the roles, as an extra.

We have a few of those in our archives, actually. There have been quite a few interviews by voice actors of the series over the last ten years.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Those are really interesting news.

I guess that means we can expect probably a definite release date for Japan at Jump Festa this year?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Let us hope! Only a month left until the event

I keep my fingers crossed. ^__^
Jump Festa has also often been the event with the most of KH coverage (wasn't this the event Nomura likes the most?), so the chances might not be that slim.

SE has tried with some last games to be faster in localisation, so I would estimate that if we're lucky and get a release date for Japan (let's say, March 2013) we can hopefully root for a western release (US, AUS and EU) four months later.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I keep my fingers crossed. ^__^
Jump Festa has also often been the event with the most of KH coverage (wasn't this the event Nomura likes the most?), so the chances might not be that slim.
It is. I'm sure Nomura loves it more than Christmas ^_^

SE has tried with some last games to be faster in localisation, so I would estimate that if we're lucky and get a release date for Japan (let's say, March 2013) we can hopefully root for a western release (US, AUS and EU) four months later.
I do hope the gap isn't that big, I'd like to see a May or before release in the West, but that is probably wishful thinking

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It is. I'm sure Nomura loves it more than Christmas ^_^

I do hope the gap isn't that big, I'd like to see a May or before release in the West, but that is probably wishful thinking

Ah good, I got something more about Nomura memorized, *ggg*.
You also have Sora's reaction to Nomura loving Jump Festa more than Christmas already captured in your Sig, lol.

I tend to be more skeptic in these things, only a two month-gap would be a very pleasant surprise though. ;)
On the other hand, the English stuff for most of the games already exists, so only the new FM-cutscenes (there weren't that many in KH1 FM) and the Days-stuff would need new voice-acting.

So maybe a two and a half-month-gap is more realistic at least for US-release, for EU they would need some additional time to do all the translating at least for French and German.

Then there's of course the fact Re: CoM never came to Europe, requiring more translations on that part and that the original KH 1 had (as far as I know) even at least French and German voices back in the day.

---

BtW, looking at your current Goofy-avatar somehow cracks me up every so often. He looks so incredibly funny/stupid in that pic as if he smoked more than one pot of weed. *ggg*

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wonder, I wonder, if localisation for Europe is announced, what they would do for italian/spanish fans.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I'm glad to see that they're almost finished with the game. I can't wait~ January release plz...

I'm hoping for concept art or silly behind-the-scenes stuff.
I hoping for some Nomura giggles.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I wonder, I wonder, if localisation for Europe is announced, what they would do for italian/spanish fans.

After all the bitching and ranting that went far beyond righteous anger in the blogs and forums of SE (and even at SE NA, which didn't got anything to do with it) I would doubt they would do any extra effort again, but in the end for at least translating the texts I guess depends on if they got decent translators again and if it would be profitable enough for them.

I'm also doubtful if they will do a German and French voice overs again, as only KH 1 and 2 ever had that and the other games are all only available with English voices. So for the sake of consistency (and saving money) I would expect Square to not re-do the voice overs in languages other than English again.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Man. That was fast. A least faster than I thought it woud be. I sure there's gonna be a lot of news coming out now.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wonder how many people are actually working on the collection though, since they said it was at least initially a couple of people from the Osaka team.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
If they don't do other languages besides English and Japanese then that just isn't right. Heck let some fans who speak those languages dub the games. Some fans would do it for free just out of love for fellow KH fans. If I knew another language then I can make a pretty good Saix. (When they do kh 2.5 of course). BTW is English commonly used in Europe?

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Didn't Nomura say that he wants this released asap because it was just the 10 year anniversary? I'm hoping for a January or February Japanese release and Western release 3-4 months following. How would I even get my hands on a Japanese copy when it comes out? I can't read Japanese Amazon Idk what I'm entering in!

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
After all the bitching and ranting that went far beyond righteous anger in the blogs and forums of SE (and even at SE NA, which didn't got anything to do with it) I would doubt they would do any extra effort again, but in the end for at least translating the texts I guess depends on if they got decent translators again and if it would be profitable enough for them.

I'm also doubtful if they will do a German and French voice overs again, as only KH 1 and 2 ever had that and the other games are all only available with English voices. So for the sake of consistency (and saving money) I would expect Square to not re-do the voice overs in languages other than English again.

It's not that hard the get other versions out there. KH has the voice acting and text in those respective languages. RE:COM HD however will need a localization effort. 358/2 days not really since once again the script has been made for those languages, however there is still VA for that too.

Didn't Nomura say that he wants this released asap because it was just the 10 year anniversary? I'm hoping for a January or February Japanese release and Western release 3-4 months following. How would I even get my hands on a Japanese copy when it comes out? I can't read Japanese Amazon Idk what I'm entering in!

Play-asia would be your best bet. Okami Zekkeiban (Asian Version) was only $45. Blu-ray PS3 games are region free and shipping is usually free or cheap. As for the language barrier, everything will be in Japanese.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I'm fine with the game being in Japanese, just not placing an order on a Japanese site. Thanks though Jaden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back