• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► ~KHI's Help & Support Thread~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pk para

You could always ask whoever it is that's picking you up to do so a bit later and do your homework then.

And i guess you could always try to come to a compramise with your teaches about showing work.

Finally, your not going to get motivated about school with your mindset. If you want motivation you're going to have to be creative.

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
-Sorry, non- helper helping-

If you want advice, you should appreciate what everyone is chipping to do. You expect the perfect tidbit to come to you. We cannot all pin the proverbial tail on the donkey. You have to gather the information given and sum it up in a way that will help you.

As to your lack of impetus. The only way for the problem to get better is to do what the teacher wants. I tell my mom that my teacher is finicky, and she says that you just have to ger the teacher what he/she wants. If you want to get more challenging work, you have to strive and achieve. For instance, Albert Einstein didn't sit behind his desk at the patent office and just wish that E= MC squared would magically appear. He got up, worked, and fired it out, and now he has the most famous equation of all time probably. You cannot expect to reap the rewards of tasks you did not do.

Also, you should be beginning to look for colleges. And unless you want to go to the Trailer Park Academy for Rednecks, I suggest that you try to work to go to Duke or Yale. If you keep this up longer, you will begin a downhill spiral that will last for the rest of your life possibly. Say your working in your cubicle as an intern and the boss wants you to write the report. So you only do it halfway because your bored, and you end up getting fired for being lazy and unwilling to work for your living. If you try for your goals, you will succeed. Seek the challenge, and you shall find the challenge.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
As to your lack of impetus. The only way for the problem to get better is to do what the teacher wants. I tell my mom that my teacher is finicky, and she says that you just have to ger the teacher what he/she wants. If you want to get more challenging work, you have to strive and achieve. For instance, Albert Einstein didn't sit behind his desk at the patent office and just wish that E= MC squared would magically appear. He got up, worked, and fired it out, and now he has the most famous equation of all time probably. You cannot expect to reap the rewards of tasks you did not do.
you are aware that Einstein skipped alot of his classes, right?

pk para

you are aware that Einstein skipped alot of his classes, right?

Do you realize that even though he skipped a lot of school, he put motivation in his work? A semi-(i have a bad memory at times)quote: "I'm not smarter than everyone, it's just that I stick with the problem longer". guess who that's from.

Don't use other's results as excuses (if that's what you were trying...)

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
He failed Highschool Algebra. . .

Re-state your problem. . .let's go through this in a different perspective.

And Pk was just trying to get a point across. . .

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
VA, I think you posted your problem so that you could get mad at people for trying to help you. You seem to be rather cynical and you have no motivation to solve your motivation problem. So, you have two options: you can reject the advice and continue to fall off on your work, or you can accept and use the things that have been brought forth and do something with it.

As to the Einstein thing: it was an example. Every great person in history did something stupid like that- Abraham Lincoln got fired as post master for having the worst record ever. And he still did good things. So stop being stubborn and listen to the advice!

Dark-Disciple

The 5th Apocalyptic Rider
Riding with Famine, Death, Pestilence and Destruct
I need help getting motivated for school because it all feels easy and pointless. the school mode thing was one bit of advice, i need more.

Ok, this is a fun problem....
Let's see, you say:

I need help getting motivated for school because it all feels easy and pointless. the school mode thing was one bit of advice, i need more

my lack of motivation leads to bad grades, my bad grades lead to easy highschool classes, my easy highschool classes lead to an even greater lack of motivation, ad infinitum.

i dont like sports that much, i'm not completely hopeless, but i'm not good either.

and no, i will not ask for extra work, i seek quality, not quantity

Hmmm...
So what I see here is not a matter of motivation, but a matter of beating the boredom that schoolwork causes due to the fact that you see that it is so simple to do that you just choose not to do it at all...

Is that how you see it?

Now let me ask you, you say that you seek for quality, not quantity, but it seems to me that the little bit of work that you are given is not being done to a great quality.

Challenging yourself to do something might work for the first couple of seconds, but human nature will eventually get the better of you, and you are going to start taking short cuts and end up on the same place where you started.

Here’s my advice, and do please take it as seriously as you can.

Instead of challenging yourself, challenge some other being of your class who you know by good chance that you are smarter than.

Make a bet:
“At the end of the year, whoever gets the better grades gets $10”
(increase the amount depending on how much “motivation” you want ^_^)

Believe me, even though many will try to hide it, money can sometimes be all the motivation you need…

Eventually, start building the habit of studying, and as the years pass, you will eventually find that making your studies your source of income will increase your want to make a better job each time…

I hope that you find this useful, for it is the only thing I can think at the moment that would aid your situation…

And hopefuly, you will eventualy start doing your job as a form of habit, and eventualy you will start losing the need to bet.
:thumbup:

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well you're having a problem doing the work right?

If you get into a better class, how do you expect to do the work? You'll be in a bad habit for not doing work, that may contribute to why you're having the problem of not being challenged. . .

(Sorry if this doesn't make total sence, it's kinda early in the day. . .

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a

Ok, this is a fun problem....
Let's see, you say:

Hmmm...
So what I see here is not a matter of motivation, but a matter of beating the boredom that schoolwork causes due to the fact that you see that it is so simple to do that you just choose not to do it at all...

Is that how you see it?

Now let me ask you, you say that you seek for quality, not quantity, but it seems to me that the little bit of work that you are given is not being done to a great quality.

Challenging yourself to do something might work for the first couple of seconds, but human nature will eventually get the better of you, and you are going to start taking short cuts and end up on the same place where you started.

Here’s my advice, and do please take it as seriously as you can.

Instead of challenging yourself, challenge some other being of your class who you know by good chance that you are smarter than.

Make a bet:
“At the end of the year, whoever gets the better grades gets $10”
(increase the amount depending on how much “motivation” you want ^_^)

Believe me, even though many will try to hide it, money can sometimes be all the motivation you need…

Eventually, start building the habit of studying, and as the years pass, you will eventually find that making your studies your source of income will increase your want to make a better job each time…

I hope that you find this useful, for it is the only thing I can think at the moment that would aid your situation…

And hopefuly, you will eventualy start doing your job as a form of habit, and eventualy you will start losing the need to bet.
:thumbup:

heh heh, appealing to human greed? not bad.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
RRRRRRRevived.

I really don't know how to answer this problem, forgive me. ;_;

Shadukai X

Banned
I'm glad you guys are so eager to wait, and I'm sorry I haven't posted at all.

This is just a thread that is meant for when members need help. If anyone asks for help, then they can post here. If the thread is inactive for awhile, then its no big deal, just be sure to jump whenever someone posts, ok?

Keep up the good work guys.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I didn't want to create a thread about. And I'm not the type for asking advice from friends.

But basically, what do you say to a girl's boyfriend that she came on to you and you weren't sure they were going out? She kissed me and granted I didn't stop, but I wasn't sure at the time. And yet I "took advantage of her".

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I wouldn't really say that you took advantage of her, she did come on to you, but you didn't stop her. . .

Did she say anything to you afterwards/before about likeing you a lot, is her boyfriend a friend of yours?

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I've met her boyfriend once. And she is the cousin of my best friend.

She didn't say anything afterwards and there was some alcohol involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back