• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu (Full translation in the opening post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahm-bulence

Re: KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu.

We don't know. Nomura said he was thinking about it. We'll see what happens at TGS and JF. Eventually there will be some kind of announcement.

Sounds promising. Does anyone know how long it takes to remaster a couple games? I wasn't really up to date on the whole Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection so I was just wondering if March 2012 was a possibility if they are still just 'considering it'

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

We don't know. Nomura said he was thinking about it. We'll see what happens at TGS and JF. Eventually there will be some kind of announcement.

I really hope so because my PS2's in bad shape.

Wahm-bulence

Yeah I just did a quick search and the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection was released about a year after they made the first announcement, and I think it was delayed a bit too.

So there's probably an okay chance of a 10th anniversary release depending on how soon they start/announce it.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards

OMG there is news. This is amazing. :)
Maybe a 10th anniversary gift but hopefuly it will come out before then.

k99y77

Awards

20 pages of discussion and that is all you have to say? Lol, KH HD Remaster wouldn't delay any game. It doesn't require an entire team of people to convert the games into 720p/1080p.
yeah i said that to someone else in another thread 2 days ago, square should just get another team to do it.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

Also, in terms of storyline, I was thinking of making it simpler and clearer, but Sakaguchi-san (Hironobu Sakaguchi) gave me a single piece of advice for the KH series. That was, "If you don't make it a little more complex, like FF, you won't be able to compete." I prefer to leave the players scope for imagination and guessing, so I decided to develop the game in that way.

Isn't this game convoluted enough? It's not hard to make a plot that makes you think a little without having you rip out hairs trying to understand all its twists and turns. It's almost as if they didn't finish the plot before making the game and winged it as things progressed. All the while throwing in completely unnecessary and unrelated Disney sequences. Seriously Nomura, don't make anything like KH2.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Isn't this game convoluted enough? It's not hard to make a plot that makes you think a little without having you rip out hairs trying to understand all its twists and turns. It's almost as if they didn't finish the plot before making the game and winged it as things progressed. All the while throwing in completely unnecessary and unrelated Disney sequences. Seriously Nomura, don't make anything like KH2.

KH isn't convoluted...We figure most of the plot out before the game comes out. KH2 especially isn't convoluted. It was so transparent.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

KH isn't convoluted...We figure most of the plot out before the game comes out. KH2 especially isn't convoluted. It was so transparent.

I meant the Disney worlds in KH2 weren't integrated into the overall story.

And maybe convoluted is the wrong word. I just feel that certain games (Days) add elements to the game that are either pointless (Xion) or don't fit in with the story as it is (Xion).

Lingering Night

That quote referenced what KH was originally going to be, aka KH1 development, not KH3D. Originally the final boss for KH1 was going to be Maleficent, with nothing about Ansem SOD, or Riku becoming taken over by the darkness. So in reality, if it wasn't for that advice, KH wouldn't be the series it is today, rather; it would've been a really bad licensing game.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

That quote referenced what KH was originally going to be, aka KH1 development, not KH3D. Originally the final boss for KH1 was going to be Maleficent, with nothing about Ansem SOD, or Riku becoming taken over by the darkness. So in reality, if it wasn't for that advice, KH wouldn't be the series it is today, rather; it would've been a really bad licensing game.

If that's true then I'm happy about that "advice".

Still, the way he words his response it seems (to me) that he is referring to DDD. But perhaps I'm wrong.

Unrequited Lust

I guess we need to remember that we are just one demographic of fans. I honestly hope people don't want an easier game, because even BBS was easy as hell. I played that in a week (since I had classes and work) and never once did I die until the final boss battles. -_- And even then I died because of stupid reasons.
I played Kingdom Hearts Final Mix on Proud (harder than the original on Expert) and I found Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on Critical and especially Birth by Sleep on Critical far more difficult. I found the original Kingdom Hearts 2 on Proud to be pretty much equal to the original Kingdom Hearts on Expert.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

I played Kingdom Hearts Final Mix on Proud (harder than the original on Expert) and I found Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on Critical and especially Birth by Sleep on Critical far more difficult. I found the original Kingdom Hearts 2 on Proud to be pretty much equal to the original Kingdom Hearts on Expert.

Kingdom Hearts 2 on Proud was easier than Kingdom Hearts on Normal.

Two words: Spoon Fed

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

So will you be reducing the number of game events?

Nomura: It's not like that. Just that when something happens, if you explain everything from square one you weaken the pacing. So we're introducing a new system to avoid that. In FF Versus XIII we've removed the cutscenes, letting players continue playing through game events, and here we're going in a different direction again. Also, in 3D Sora fights alongside some strange companions. We're planning to put together a secret movie, so look forward to that.

so that was new and intrigues me, what are the opinons on that???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back