• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D 60-70% complete!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
The Collection would be on PS3 only. I do not want to see Kingdom Hearts 3 on the Xbox either, nor a lower-budget Kingdom Hearts 3 on the 3DS or Vita.

why would it be on PS3 only? Wii U is just as viable as PS3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
why would it be on PS3 only? Wii U is just as viable as PS3

Most likely because KH1 and 2, who are the most likely to be be "remastered" were PS2-only as well.
The collection MAY get possibly a remastered Birth By Sleep as well, but that was also a "Sony"-exclusive.

The three most important KH-titles, the numbered + BBS, which is on par to a numbered (inofficial KH 0 as stated by Nomura) all were on exclusive Sony-platforms so far.
Dream Drop Distance is actually the first game comparable to a numbered title that is on a Nintendo-console.

Furthermore, a HD-collection is just to bring out a slightly remastered version to a higher version of their console => PS2 update to PS3, not adapt the whole games to new consoles were they never were on.

I can see KH III finally going multiplatform though, like FF XIII did.

JustDarkMemories

I can see KH III finally going multiplatform though, like FF XIII did.

I wish the rest of the series would go multiplatform. that would be helpful, we wouldn't have to buy every console nomura decides to try. Has there been official information about this theory? A Nomura interview or something? Or is it just your theory? Because KH III won't be a project as big as FF XIII, so going multiplatform sounds a bit weird.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I wish the rest of the series would go multiplatform. that would be helpful, we wouldn't have to buy every console nomura decides to try. Has there been official information about this theory? A Nomura interview or something? Or is it just your theory? Because KH III won't be a project as big as FF XIII, so going multiplatform sounds a bit weird.

You do realize it is not Nomura who decides to spread over consoles this much?
As far as I recall, every KH-game on a Nintendo console, from Chain of Memories right up to Dream Drop Distance were made on the Nintendo stuff because Nintendo asked/begged for KH titles to be put on there.
SE saw it as an opportunity to make more money so it was decided to do it. It's a business decision not because Tetsuya Nomura willingly wants to troll the fans.

Birth by Sleep was originally also intended to be for PS2 at Production start, I don't exactly know why they later decided on the PSP.

No official information yet except that Nomura once said he would like to bring KH III out on a console of the current generation. All that experience the main Tokyo Team of Square Enix (those responsible for the big numbered titles on main consoles) gains now by working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII could then be put to good use for KH III.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Birth by Sleep was originally also intended to be for PS2 at Production start, I don't exactly know why they later decided on the PSP.

Because the PS2 was dying and they weren't going to release it on time. So they did the next best thing and put it on the PSP. The graphics were downgraded a little, but they still look good. I remember in the beginning that BBS had PS2 graphics, but I guess they were rendering that trailer stuff on a PS2. Well at least now DDD will have KH2 graphics maybe even better

JustDarkMemories

You do realize it is not Nomura who decides to spread over consoles this much?
As far as I recall, every KH-game on a Nintendo console, from Chain of Memories right up to Dream Drop Distance were made on the Nintendo stuff because Nintendo asked/begged for KH titles to be put on there.
SE saw it as an opportunity to make more money so it was decided to do it. It's a business decision not because Tetsuya Nomura willingly wants to troll the fans.

No official information yet except that Nomura once said he would like to bring KH III out on a console of the current generation. All that experience the main Tokyo Team of Square Enix (those responsible for the big numbered titles on main consoles) gains now by working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII could then be put to good use for KH III.
Yeah I know about nomura and square, and that he doesn't decide to troll the fans. I just needed something to refer to without having to explain the whole story ^_^
Anyways, if what you say about Versus 13 is true, then that's good news I guess. Is Versus 13 going to be multiplatform?

bgizzles45

I think it's no surprise that the game is 60-70% complete since it uses the same game mechanics as Birth by Sleep. All they had to do was remodel/model some worlds, characters and dialogue. It's been 11 years, and I want to see Kingdom Hearts on a current console start from scratch. Hopefully Kingdom Hearts III will do just that.

JustDarkMemories

I think it's no surprise that the game is 60-70% complete since it uses the same game mechanics as Birth by Sleep. All they had to do was remodel/model some worlds, characters and dialogue. It's been 11 years, and I want to see Kingdom Hearts on a current console start from scratch. Hopefully Kingdom Hearts III will do just that.

Kingdom hearts has lost some of its originality when talking about gameplay. But I like the command system, and the fact that DDD has the same worlds (almost) and same command system as BbS doesn't mean it's not as good. Even better, the pre-made stuff will give Nomura and his crew time to focus on the plot and the cutscenes. I don't think we want the dialogues in DDD to be like the dialogues in Days ^_^

Nov

Awards
Anyways, if what you say about Versus 13 is true, then that's good news I guess. Is Versus 13 going to be multiplatform?
Well, there was some talking about it possibly coming on 360 too but there has been no official announcements whatsoever, so at the moment it's considered as a PS3 exclusive. Of course, it's very early to say when we know so little about the game. We'll see.

As for DDD, I liked the command system used in BBS so I'm fine with it that they use the same thing in this game. I don't have big expectations for this game anyway, I'll just wait and see how everything turns out. And most likely, I'm going to enjoy it in any case. :)

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

I hope not. Didn't like, a bunch of stuff get cut from FFXIII for both platforms so the PS3 didn't have more over the 360 Version? I could be wrong, but if that is true, then I don't want Versus being multi-platform since I imagine it actually being bigger than XIII.

billyzanesucks

Kingdom hearts has lost some of its originality when talking about gameplay. But I like the command system, and the fact that DDD has the same worlds (almost) and same command system as BbS doesn't mean it's not as good. Even better, the pre-made stuff will give Nomura and his crew time to focus on the plot and the cutscenes. I don't think we want the dialogues in DDD to be like the dialogues in Days ^_^
What do you mean? Nomura confirmed that there are all-new worlds in 3D. Not to mention that the two worlds we have seen aren't from BBS, so I have no idea where you're getting this information. If anything, they are gaining originality, and them evolving the Command system doesn't mean they are losing any.

JustDarkMemories

Well, there was some talking about it possibly coming on 360 too but there has been no official announcements whatsoever, so at the moment it's considered as a PS3 exclusive. Of course, it's very early to say when we know so little about the game. We'll see.

As for DDD, I liked the command system used in BBS so I'm fine with it that they use the same thing in this game. I don't have big expectations for this game anyway, I'll just wait and see how everything turns out. And most likely, I'm going to enjoy it in any case. :)

Yeah I'm not that pumped up for DDD either. It's gonna be nice, sure, it continues Sora's plotline, but it's still on a handheld. Of course that doesn't say a lot, but judging by the previous handheld KH games (except BbS), I'm not that eager. I haven't done a lot of research on DDD thogh, is it going to feature the command board system?

billyzanesucks

Yeah I'm not that pumped up for DDD either. It's gonna be nice, sure, it continues Sora's plotline, but it's still on a handheld. Of course that doesn't say a lot, but judging by the previous handheld KH games (except BbS), I'm not that eager. I haven't done a lot of research on DDD thogh, is it going to feature the command board system?
BBS was on PSP, which the 3DS has about equal graphics/power to. And it won't have a command board.

Lonbilly

Awards

The 3DS apparently is more powerful than the PSP, I believe. Or at least is supposedly on par with the PS2 or something. Which means it'll be just like BbS, if not better, in that aspect.

JustDarkMemories

BBS was on PSP, which the 3DS has about equal graphics/power to. And it won't have a command board.

What do you mean? Nomura confirmed that there are all-new worlds in 3D. Not to mention that the two worlds we have seen aren't from BBS, so I have no idea where you're getting this information. If anything, they are gaining originality, and them evolving the Command system doesn't mean they are losing any.

Dude, calm down ^_^ As I said I haven't done a lot of research on DDD, so judging by this:
I think it's no surprise that the game is 60-70% complete since it uses the same game mechanics as Birth by Sleep. All they had to do was remodel/model some worlds, characters and dialogue.
...I thought that it would have the same worlds and battle system as BbS.

The 3DS apparently is more powerful than the PSP, I believe. Or at least is supposedly on par with the PS2 or something. Which means it'll be just like BbS, if not better, in that aspect.

Yeah, I haven't thought of that. but the PS2 graphics on the 3DS won't define the quality of the game alone. It may have better graphics than BbS, but it could be awful.

billyzanesucks

Yeah, I haven't thought of that. but the PS2 graphics on the 3DS won't define the quality of the game alone. It may have better graphics than BbS, but it could be awful.
I don't see how it would affect anything, if it has equal power. It just depends on the effort they put into it, and 3D is a main game like BBS. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Lonbilly

Awards

No, I know that. Graphics are my least concern (CoM <3), and it doesn't make a game better than its predecessors (KH2), but that's what I meant better as - not story, but graphics wise.

And actually, the story looks really promising. The only reason I feel like people don't think it's going to matter/be as important is because it's a new realm and KH1-lookalikes. But if Sora and Riku had been shown in their KH2 forms (the entire time) I don't feel like there'd be as much complaining.

Honestly, I think the game actually looks like it could be on CoM-level of quality for me, or at least KH1's quality. I feel like it's going to surpass BbS.

JustDarkMemories

No, I know that. Graphics are my least concern (CoM <3), and it doesn't make a game better than its predecessors (KH2), but that's what I meant better as - not story, but graphics wise.

And actually, the story looks really promising. The only reason I feel like people don't think it's going to matter/be as important is because it's a new realm and KH1-lookalikes. But if Sora and Riku had been shown in their KH2 forms (the entire time) I don't feel like there'd be as much complaining.

Honestly, I think the game actually looks like it could be on CoM-level of quality for me, or at least KH1's quality. I feel like it's going to surpass BbS.

Surpass BbS...
challenge+accepted.png

^_^ We'll see, I'll take you on that :)
Anyways, gotta go watch CSI (gotta love Horatio). See you tomorrow!

Lonbilly

Awards
Surpass BbS...
challenge+accepted.png

^_^ We'll see, I'll take you on that :)

It may or may not. I just got great expectations for it (Sora and Riku FTW), plus the fact that we're getting all new (Disney) worlds, possibly remnants from Xehanort's time as an Apprentice to Ansem the Wise, and then my hope that scrapped things from other titles will be implemented. Like "Crumbling Island" from KH1.

I just don't expect it to be KH1 or Re:CoM/CoM level. In my opinion, those are the two best games out of the entire series.

topherous86

I'm hoping that SE already has the English Dub recorded already so that the localization of DDD will already be finished for North America and we don't have to wait forfugginever to get the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back