• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Mickey Joins Disney Infinity, Sora's Keyblade is 3.0's Ultimate Unlock

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Re: KH2 Mickey Joins Disney Infinity, Sora's Keyblade is 3.0's Ultimate Unlock

Why is it that most/all of the Kingdom Hearts merchandise you can find is available through Square Enix shops, instead of Disney? Or is that another licensing thing?
It was likely part of their deal. Disney owns the rights to the IP, but Square-Enix was in charge of merchandise and stuff.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Why is it that most/all of the Kingdom Hearts merchandise you can find is available through Square Enix shops, instead of Disney? Or is that another licensing thing?

Also, I thought that according to that famous elevator story, Square had the idea for KH in its earliest concept and then it was brought up to a Disney executive in the elevator, meaning it was conceptualized by Square, right?

When this was explained during the 2.5 filming event, they told us that while Disney owns the IP, Square Enix handles most merchandising as it is laid out in their wonky contract. Disney does have them too, though, which is why we have lovely Hot Topic merchandise.

No, the idea for Kingdom Hearts didn't even exist when Hashimoto and the Disney exec entered the elevator and said they should make a game. It only came into being when Nomura volunteered himself for the project because he heard Hashimoto and I believe Sakaguchi talking about how Disney came to them about actually doing the project and trying to decide what character to use.

Tetsuya Nomura in Iwata Asks! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I'm sure they have some merchandise rights, but even if you could ONLY get Kingdom Hearts merch through the Square store you'd better believe that Disney had a say in it.

Also, I thought that according to that famous elevator story, Square had the idea for KH in its earliest concept and then it was brought up to a Disney executive in the elevator, meaning it was conceptualized by Square, right?
This story is a myth. A cute myth, but a myth.

Internet fail: the page didn't load all the way showing the excellent replies above me.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hopefully Disney's newfound involvement in the Kingdom Hearts series means crossovers into their shows, specially Gravity Falls because who doesn't want to see a Keyblade in the Mystery Shack.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Or easter eggs like a picture of sora with the gang of big hero 6 in the movie big hero 7 here a theory what if all Disney movies and TV animated shows were connected at one time but something happened that made not connected anymore

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

They used to have Sora, Donald, and Goofy in the parks back in 2002-3. The costumes are still in the costume storage room, too.

Well they did take out the Donald and Goofy outfits for D23 Japan 2 years ago, but imo, that Sora should stay hidden. I still don't know how to feel about that...

tumblr_l0zrkwihY31qaqojyo1_500.png

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Well they did take out the Donald and Goofy outfits for D23 Japan 2 years ago, but imo, that Sora should stay hidden. I still don't know how to feel about that...

tumblr_l0zrkwihY31qaqojyo1_500.png
Why would they make Sora so scary?!! That thing's going to haunt my dreams forever!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

They need to just do a regular cast member outfit ala cosplay rather than a super exaggerated costume with a head. Spiky wig, no felt and hard plastic. It'd be great for Sora.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

They need to just do a regular cast member outfit ala cosplay rather than a super exaggerated costume with a head. Spiky wig, no felt and hard plastic. It'd be great for Sora.
that i was thinking i mean sora cosplay not hard to do and saves them money in the progress plus i totally see disney go all out to market kingdom hearts 3 at the parks once the realse date is annouce

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Or easter eggs like a picture of sora with the gang of big hero 6 in the movie big hero 7 here a theory what if all Disney movies and TV animated shows were connected at one time but something happened that made not connected anymore

That's one of the popular theories with DISNEY/PIXAR films. It would be cool to have a small cameo of Sora, Donald, and Goofy in Big HERO 7 as just a picture in the background.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

That's one of the popular theories with DISNEY/PIXAR films. It would be cool to have a small cameo of Sora, Donald, and Goofy in Big HERO 7 as just a picture in the background.
i'm sure nomua wouldnt mind i mean it just one picture of them with big hero 6 gang and i roy would welcome a cameo like that

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Yeesh, that thing is exactly why I'm okay with KH characters staying out of the theme park. That just looks... eugh. There has got to be better ways to raise awareness than THAT. (Start selling sea-salt ice cream already, dammit!)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Yeesh, that thing is exactly why I'm okay with KH characters staying out of the theme park. That just looks... eugh. There has got to be better ways to raise awareness than THAT. (Start selling sea-salt ice cream already, dammit!)

I heard that the Japanese DISNEY parks sold Sea-Salt Ice Cream originally, and that's where the concept came from in the first place. Something like Nomura walking through the park and tasting it, then wanting to put it into the games.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

I heard that the Japanese DISNEY parks sold Sea-Salt Ice Cream originally, and that's where the concept came from in the first place. Something like Nomura walking through the park and tasting it, then wanting to put it into the games.

Huh, really? All the more reason to sell it in other Disney parks, then!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Tokyo Disney Sea sells sea salt ice cream, which is where Nomura tasted it. It is a specialty there.

Disneyland in Japan doesn't sell it, though, but that park isn't ran by Disney anyways. It is just licensed out by Disney for use by another company. Tokyo Disney Sea is an officially Disney-ran park, though.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

if you want to awarness to kh why not make kairi a honery disney princess there?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

if you want to awarness to kh why not make kairi a honery disney princess there?

There are specific requirements to become a Disney Princess. Just because the character is royalty in their canon doesn't automatically make them a candidate. The candidate has to be famous and make bank for Disney, enough to produce merchandise.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Not many people know about Kairi outside of the KH fan base. I think if they sold Sea Salt ice cream bars with the KH3 logo all over it, that would raise awareness even more. Each sea salt ice cream would come with a small figurine of a KH original character, Donald, Goofy, Maleficent, Pete or Mickey.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Tokyo Disney Sea sells sea salt ice cream, which is where Nomura tasted it. It is a specialty there.

Kingdom Hearts didn't invent sea-salt ice cream!?

My life is a lie.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Kingdom Hearts didn't invent sea-salt ice cream!?

My life is a lie.
i've known it was real before kh for years

we had an ice cream maker so we got the ingredients for it and my family made fun of me until we ate it and everybody loved it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back