• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Final Mix Re-Release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I understand that it is just like our "greatest hits", but do the games that we put on "greatest hits" sell worldwide? My guess is that they lower the prices so worldwide people can enjoy the game at a more affordable price.

Name one Japan-only game that was released in America only after the GH release. Then maybe you'll have a point.

EDIT: Oh wait, FF7. But eh. It's way too late to release it now, even at GH. The hype's died down a lot, and most who really wanted it have already imported.

Last edited:

Lexeon

So Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is being re released in Japan, but what is the use of that? If they wanted to re-release it, then why not release a worldwide version. I know that KH Final Mix and KH2 Final Mix are both Japanese only games, but what is the use of a re-release if it only benefits the Japanese, or not benefit at all?

The re-release over there is like the re-release of games here as being Greatest Hits games, except over there, they're called Ultimate Hits.

sora_freak12

It's not like they're re-releasing it as a a revamped version of it. It's just their version of our "greatest hits".

I get that, but I'm angry because if they still re-release it there, shouldn't we be able to get a copy that perhaps isn't Ultimate Hits in U.S? It would only be fair...

Sorafreak, swap magic does more than just play imports; it can play burned games as well. Wanna know where I got most of my PS2 games? I downloaded them, burned them to either CD-R or DVD-R and used Swap Magic to play them.

Perhaps, but still I never download games, and ok maybe it does play burned games. I never said that the only thing Swap Magic does is play foreign games, now did I?

Oh, hehe...did i make you laugh? I wasn't trying to be funny! Yes, clearly it's all about money, (what isn't in today's society?) but come on! Sure, treating Japanese players to perhaps a little extra treat is fine...but giving them an exclusive game that only they'll completely understand is...:angry:

So? It's got, what, a few extra boss battles, new difficulty, and other stuff. Yeah, it would be interesting to play, but that doesn't mean that you should get so worked up about it.

And that racist comment? Just a joke about how only the japanese get the whole friggin FM+, you :cursing:!!!

It is made in Japan, hence it is in Japanese. If the developers want to make a special edition of a game that is exclusive to the country that they are from, let them. It actually almost makes sense.

And it's also about convenience to me - sure, I could get swap magic, and import it, etc. But why import a game and get swap magic just to play a game that has text i can't read? Overall, that's why I'm angry. The only way to play FM+ is to import it and spend more $$ on swap magic. SO once you're all done, you've spent a LOT of cash, and the result? A game that has mostly japanese in it!

Heres and idea: Don't buy it. Watch the videos on Youtube. Anticipate the new games. Play something else! Also, what would you expect from a Japanese exclusive game?

Convenience and equality is something that isn't found a whole lot in today's world. Especially in the business aspect.

...Okay..

by the way, X_Marluxia_X, even if it IS just because Nomura and Square are from Japan, that still isn't a very solid reason.

Yes it is.

If it were made in America, guess what? Japanese and Europe would be angry at us! And if it was in Europe? Japan and America would be angry! It's all about having equal privileges, convenience, equality, blah blah blah...

But, it is not. It was made in Japan. So, get over it. There is no way that it is coming in English. At this point, over a year since it has been released, there is no reason to still be complaining about it.

sora_freak12 said:
I get that, but I'm angry because if they still re-release it there, shouldn't we be able to get a copy that perhaps isn't Ultimate Hits in U.S? It would only be fair...

But it would be a terrible business strategy. Waste money on re-releasing it in other countries? Why? So a select few people would re-buy the game?

Not to mention localization, translation, and voice actor recordings....

I'd rather that Square worked on new projects than re-releasing old titles. Maybe then we could get The Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery sooner.

D

Deleted member 36435

Uh, life isn't fair get used to it.
Kingdom Hearts II sold more copies in Japan then it did in America. Also, Square-Enix is a Japan based company. They aren't racist for holding the game. America has plenty of American Only games and so do all the other countries. Buying an import won't do anything. Those companies are buying them from a Japanese store and selling them for a higher price. S-E is registering those as if they were bought in Japan.
Its technically not re-releasing its just having a price drop and fugly looking case.

If you REALLY want the game just go download it.

Oh yeah, I forgot:
Very few people in America buy special editions of games especially when they view it as a few extra crap for 30 more dollars. It'd be a horrible business decision for S-E.

sora_freak12

But it would be a terrible business strategy. Waste money on re-releasing it in other countries? Why? So a select few people would re-buy the game?

Not to mention localization, translation, and voice actor recordings....

I'd rather that Square worked on new projects than re-releasing old titles. Maybe then we could get The Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery sooner.

Wow, you sure have to analyze EVERYTHING people say. don'tcha:laugh:

And I read someone said to download it? Well, if I downloaded it without paying for it, wouldn't that be...hm...illegal?

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Uh, life isn't fair get used to it.
Kingdom Hearts II sold more copies in Japan then it did in America. Also, Square-Enix is a Japan based company. They aren't racist for holding the game. America has plenty of American Only games and so do all the other countries. Buying an import won't do anything. Those companies are buying them from a Japanese store and selling them for a higher price. S-E is registering those as if they were bought in Japan.
Its technically not re-releasing its just having a price drop and fugly looking case.

If you REALLY want the game just go download it.

Oh yeah, I forgot:
Very few people in America buy special editions of games especially when they view it as a few extra crap for 30 more dollars. It'd be a horrible business decision for S-E.

Quoted for truth. Like SS said. Just download it and get swap magic. Thats what I did and then thanks to Blue Sky's persuasion, I bought it.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
The problem with you people, is that your not satisfied with Japanese. it has to be perfect doesent it? Look. if youve played KH2 youll recognize the menus and command menu. You people are just not satisfied with the prices either. You have to buy it for 30 dollars dont you? The reason the japanese havent put any Final Mixes into America is becuase they are jealous of us. THink of our freedom. Cant japan just have a video game without you guys complaining? If you want it so bad, buy it, get a swap magic, play it, and leave japan alone. And i know somebody is going to correct something on this post.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Yup, you kinda set yourself up there mate... But still, there's been plenty of games thats only been in one country, and I think that because of the last Final Mix thing, America probably feels like they should get FM+ to make up for it

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Well yeah, that's what happens when something hits Greatest or Ultimate Hits... our equivalent is Platinum... it dropped by about $60 in price when it did

D

Deleted member 36435

The problem with you people, is that your not satisfied with Japanese. it has to be perfect doesent it? Look. if youve played KH2 youll recognize the menus and command menu. You people are just not satisfied with the prices either. You have to buy it for 30 dollars dont you? The reason the japanese havent put any Final Mixes into America is becuase they are jealous of us. THink of our freedom. Cant japan just have a video game without you guys complaining? If you want it so bad, buy it, get a swap magic, play it, and leave japan alone. And i know somebody is going to correct something on this post.
You seriously need to grow up.
They aren't jealous of us. Japan has equal freedom to America.
Its a shitty business deal that most Americans wouldn't pay extra money for some extra garbage.
Especially with the way our economy is.

sora_freak12

First of all...calm down...:closedeyes:

if youve played KH2 youll recognize the menus and command menu.

Next, maybe there are younger players out here that wouldn't recognize the menues. Sure, I could probably get through the command menu alright considering that each option has a picture next to it. But browsing the Pause and Journal menues etc. would be a bit more difficult since there are not pictures.

Just because you say we'll understand, doesn't mean we will.

it has to be perfect doesent it?

well, it certainly isn't the best thing ever...and it would help to have some voices in those extra cut-scenes. Even if they're in japanese, fine, at least someone's talking. But in FM+, some scenes have no sound at all, so not only can we no hear them, we don't even understand what they're supposed to be saying.

If you want it so bad, buy it, get a swap magic, play it, and leave japan alone.

Say a player is not old enough to buy it at their own whim. Maybe we're just kids whose parents couldn't afford to do all of that. They probably wouldn't even be willing to pay for a game that we couldn't understand anyway.

You have to buy it for 30 dollars dont you?

Um...no? I would be willing to pay more...:confused:

The reason the japanese havent put any Final Mixes into America is becuase they are jealous of us.

What could they be jealous for? Can you honestly name something that they would be jealous at us for? Oh, they're jealous because we have slightly darker skin than them? They're jealous of how much carbon dioxide we release into the atmosphere? They're jealous that our country is bigger?

And i know somebody is going to correct something on this post.

If you know we're going to disagree, why bother bad-mouthing those of us that would want a version that we could understand? You can't just deal with the fact that maybe we want an English FM+. We're not asking to enslave all of japan here. We only want a game made into English. Besides, there are other Japan-only games that we would happily leave Japan have by themselves. The truth is, we just want it in English. It's not that much to ask for. Yes, really...

Okay, here are the facts:

KH2 FM+ is not going to be released in America/PAL Regions. Get over it. I'm sorry, but it just had to be said.

If you want it, you can import it. I'm sure it's fun. So, if you want, you can.

It would be a terrible business strategy to release it in other countries. A repackaging? Why? Who would buy it? The people that just like KH2 wouldn't waste money on it again. Only a select few would. I admit, I would be one that would buy it. But, that doesn't change the fact that a game that is over a year old is NOT being brought over. Deal with it.

I'm sorry, but it is the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back